Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking down the Llyod Goal 16:08 - Sep 15 with 9231 viewsLazyFan

I thought I would break down the Llyod goal for you so, you can see what actually went on. I stuck on some Red Arrows to show where the ball is. Comments in brackets.

From the corner, Dunne beats two players in the air to head the ball towards the goal (great header fairly won).

The ball is cleared with the top shoulder 1 yard in front of the goal line (no handball and no goal, awesome defending by the Wed player).

The ball goes across goal and is cleared again with the knee (the Wednesday player panics and lashes out; it could have been a double hit; hence, it was a poor clearance).

Cook sees the loose ball and shoots, but the shot is blocked (there could be a possible foul on Cook in there, but it is hard to see).

Two Wed players fall on top of the ball (chaos as they panic)

Dunne moves in to collect the ball (notice the Wed keeper is nowhere near the action at this point; this is important as Wed fans claim the keeper was held down)

Dunne attempts to play the ball as his shirt is pulled on the back (foul penalty as there is no attempt to play the ball with Dunne in possession) as two Wed players on the floor possibly obstruct the ball being played with their feet (obstruction, free-kick inside the box, defence forced to stand on the goal line)

Ball falls to Cook, who attempts a second shot. The keeper rushes out (Dunne is just getting up after being Shirt pulled)

Cook strikes the ball first with his toe through the legs of the defender (no foul) and then and only then his leg hits the the Wed player in the back of the lower achilles tendon and only after poking the the ball first. Wed Keeper makes a great save. (this happens after Dunne had been shirt pulled and then the Wed defender knocks Dunne over onto the Wed Keeper who has already made the save).

Ball goes to a Wed player, who pathetcially tries to clear, but pings it up in the air to Saito and the other Wed player. (Dunne is now on top of the Wed Keeper, after being pushed over, but in the video he gets up straight away and also has his Shirt pulled again).

Saito steps back to hit the ball, the Wed player knees the ball at the same time hitting Saito's leg who gets there first, which then plays the ball back into the box. (On one angle, it looks like Saito handles the ball, but as we can see here, he does not and if anything, it's a foul by the Wed player's knee, so it's another possible penalty claim. Also, notice Dunne has got up straight away, as if he does not as we shall see Wed would clear it).

Dunne gets up, shields the ball, allowing Llyod to swivel and score by flicking his right foot at it (If Dunne had not shielded it Wed player 24 would have cleared it so, this how we know Dunne did not hold the Keeper down).

So, the Keeper was not held down. If anything, Dunne was fouled not once but twice in the box, and Saito was fouled as well. And we would have had time to take it, as after the retsart Bannon had a long-range shot. So, there would have been plenty of time to take the pen.

I think the goal is valid despite the complete chaos of it all, as otherwise, we should have had a pen for the blatant shirt-pulling on Dunne and other fouls.

In addition, Saito's knock on means he now has an assist for Llyod.
I wonder if he was credited for it. Does anyone know?

[Post edited 15 Sep 16:33]

zzzzzzzzzz

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 16:16 - Sep 15 with 6332 viewscolinallcars

That's great….thank you.
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 16:25 - Sep 15 with 6226 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Frame 221, first bullet hits the shoulder. The Wednesday is still alive.

Frame 222 to 242, the second shot fired. Its known as the magic shot as it goes, back and forth. Back and forth.

Frame 243, the third and final shot.... that fatally kills the Wednesday.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 16:32 - Sep 15 with 6136 viewsLazyFan

Source photos were taken from this video.

Source link >>> www. youtube.com/watch?v=DU6wyHM07O4&t=573s
[Post edited 15 Sep 16:35]

zzzzzzzzzz

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 16:43 - Sep 15 with 6002 viewsMick_S

Outstanding work. Very un-lazy if you ask me. Send it to the Wendy’s.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 16:56 - Sep 15 with 5840 viewsLongsufferingR

Well done ref!
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 17:04 - Sep 15 with 5762 viewsHantsR

Brilliant work. Thanks a lot Lazy(?)fan!
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 17:24 - Sep 15 with 5591 viewswortonr

Brilliant stuff. Even more obviously goal of the season contender due to remarkable teamwork
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 17:38 - Sep 15 with 5420 viewsDorse

It is the most hilarious goal I have ever witnessed: forget the hysterical action; focus on the timing.

The combination of flailing limbs, pratfalls, lost dignity etc must be measured against the fact that they'd got this thing won and then lost the points with THAT as the very last kick of the game. You could almost hear Barry Bannon's 'Unlucky Alf' impression.

Hook it to my veins!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 17:38 - Sep 15 with 5423 viewsBoston

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 16:32 - Sep 15 by LazyFan

Source photos were taken from this video.

Source link >>> www. youtube.com/watch?v=DU6wyHM07O4&t=573s
[Post edited 15 Sep 16:35]

Come on mate, get yer vids up to speed ya lazy git, you and Eze

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 17:50 - Sep 15 with 5303 viewsWatford_Ranger

I might get the whole 20 seconds created as a flipbook to sell on South Africa Road.
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 17:58 - Sep 15 with 5215 viewsNorthernr

I think it's a pretty obvious foul by Cook. And Dunne definitely sticks his hand on the back of the keeper's head and pushes his face down as he gets up. But there's a hell of lot going on. VAR would have spent 20 mins with it. As said, Saito from one angle a definite handball, from another nowhere near.
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:23 - Sep 15 with 5022 viewsdmm

It's crystal clear now that this was a training ground goal. Must have taken a few practices to perfect it. I look forward to seeing it done again against Wall.
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:27 - Sep 15 with 5005 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:23 - Sep 15 by dmm

It's crystal clear now that this was a training ground goal. Must have taken a few practices to perfect it. I look forward to seeing it done again against Wall.

Subtle, lovely. I chuckled.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:28 - Sep 15 with 4977 viewsMick_S

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:23 - Sep 15 by dmm

We practiced it against China that time, just toned it down a bit and went all subtle.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:32 - Sep 15 with 4934 viewsbosh67

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 17:58 - Sep 15 by Northernr

I think it's a pretty obvious foul by Cook. And Dunne definitely sticks his hand on the back of the keeper's head and pushes his face down as he gets up. But there's a hell of lot going on. VAR would have spent 20 mins with it. As said, Saito from one angle a definite handball, from another nowhere near.

I actually love that one of the game's most persnickety referees actually let it all happen and gave the goal.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:32 - Sep 15 with 4939 viewseastside_r

As I said on the other thread, if that goal had been given against us we’d have been f*cking livid.
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 19:03 - Sep 15 with 4677 viewsLazyFan

Even so, that all happens after Dunne's shirt is pulled halfway up his body. You can even see the black of the heart monitor; it's such a blatant pull.

zzzzzzzzzz

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 19:12 - Sep 15 with 4568 viewsNorthernr

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 19:03 - Sep 15 by LazyFan

Even so, that all happens after Dunne's shirt is pulled halfway up his body. You can even see the black of the heart monitor; it's such a blatant pull.

Like I say, there's a lot going on. The only really blatant thing amongst it is Cook clearing that guys Achilles out.
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 19:16 - Sep 15 with 4495 viewsJuzzie

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 18:32 - Sep 15 by bosh67

I actually love that one of the game's most persnickety referees actually let it all happen and gave the goal.

Maybe he hates Bannen too.
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 19:40 - Sep 15 with 4213 viewsDorse

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 19:16 - Sep 15 by Juzzie

Maybe he hates Bannen too.

Tell him to sit back down. We've been hating Bannon for years.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 20:07 - Sep 15 with 3968 viewsCateLeBonR

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 19:12 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Like I say, there's a lot going on. The only really blatant thing amongst it is Cook clearing that guys Achilles out.

We've accidentally invented a new sport. Cornerball.
[Post edited 15 Sep 20:08]
Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 20:17 - Sep 15 with 3849 viewshoops_legend

Brilliant breakdown thank you and credit to ref to keep play going. There was minor fouls both ways but let game flow and we got the goal we deserved (perhaps)

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 20:34 - Sep 15 with 3648 viewsted_hendrix

We've never been any good at corners.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 21:07 - Sep 15 with 3377 viewsBoston

Anyone know who our scrum half was?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Breaking down the Llyod Goal on 21:08 - Sep 15 with 3364 viewsCiderwithRsie

All this is very impressive and after carefully considering all the evidence before me, weighing one thing with another, the only conclusion I can reach is HAHAHAHA (continues until 2030)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024