Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not biased at all! 21:50 - Sep 14 with 8528 viewsloftboy

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/333538-their-goal%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6-what

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Not biased at all! on 15:12 - Sep 15 with 1624 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not biased at all! on 23:08 - Sep 14 by strikerace

I don't understand what their goalie was doing. He just sort of dove into the scrum leaving the net unprotected.

That is hysterically bad goalkeeping. Possibly historically bad too!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Not biased at all! on 11:54 - Sep 16 with 1158 viewsSuperhoops2808

Not biased at all! on 13:13 - Sep 15 by DannyPaddox

According to the Wednesday fans the ‘passage of play’ ie. the bundle that led to this glorious equaliser contained 119 instances of handball, 16 cases of minor assault, and most galling of all to them was how none of the officials saw Cook in the penalty area pinning down a prostrate Wednesday goalkeeper. Also unseen by referee and both his assistants was Cook then putting a sack over young Beadle’s head and with the help of someone from the bench (believed to be Michi Frey), the keeper was whisked away to a waiting vehicle outside the stadium and taken to an undefined location on the outskirts of Sheffield, possibly the edge of the Peak District. To be fair the keeper says he was treated well, given water, and bread and told by a man with a German/ Swiss accent that he was simply being held here until the goalmouth scramble was over. The sack was then taken off his head where he found himself in a bare room, with just a TV, and a box set of Poldark. Beadle said he his first thought was Poldark wasn’t his sort of thing but after watching the first couple of episodes he started to get into it - amazing costumes. In an adjoining room he could hear radio commentary of the game from Hillsborough. Eventually there was a loud cheer from what sounded like two men. The goalkeeper says the sack was put back over his head and within minutes he was in a light aircraft. Unbeknown to the pilot and two temporary captors, Beadle is an aviation buff and could tell from the sound of the engine and rotation of propeller this was a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. A four man light aircraft. A burly man then clenched him into a bear-hug whispering in his ear, “Don’t worry son nearly done”. A rope was tied around the both of them and they were lowered from the plane. Beadle says, I could hear the crowd, lots of booing but some cheering. Then I hit the ground, I could smell turf, the sack was pulled off my head and there was Cook above me smiling. Cook then ran off and joined the rest of the QPR team celebrating by the corner flag. I couldn’t work out what was going on but when I saw Barry Bannan firing the ball into the crowd I knew something bad had happened - it was then I realised they’d equalised. Sheffield Wednesday fans are saying that VAR would have picked this all up and the goal should have been disallowed. I’m not so sure.
[Post edited 16 Sep 15:30]

I have read this about 5 times and still it makes me roar with laughter Danny

I tried reading it last night to Mrs Superhoop and couldn't stop laughing to get through it.

Nearly as funny as the actual goal
Not biased at all! on 12:58 - Sep 16 with 1076 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not biased at all! on 13:13 - Sep 15 by DannyPaddox

According to the Wednesday fans the ‘passage of play’ ie. the bundle that led to this glorious equaliser contained 119 instances of handball, 16 cases of minor assault, and most galling of all to them was how none of the officials saw Cook in the penalty area pinning down a prostrate Wednesday goalkeeper. Also unseen by referee and both his assistants was Cook then putting a sack over young Beadle’s head and with the help of someone from the bench (believed to be Michi Frey), the keeper was whisked away to a waiting vehicle outside the stadium and taken to an undefined location on the outskirts of Sheffield, possibly the edge of the Peak District. To be fair the keeper says he was treated well, given water, and bread and told by a man with a German/ Swiss accent that he was simply being held here until the goalmouth scramble was over. The sack was then taken off his head where he found himself in a bare room, with just a TV, and a box set of Poldark. Beadle said he his first thought was Poldark wasn’t his sort of thing but after watching the first couple of episodes he started to get into it - amazing costumes. In an adjoining room he could hear radio commentary of the game from Hillsborough. Eventually there was a loud cheer from what sounded like two men. The goalkeeper says the sack was put back over his head and within minutes he was in a light aircraft. Unbeknown to the pilot and two temporary captors, Beadle is an aviation buff and could tell from the sound of the engine and rotation of propeller this was a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. A four man light aircraft. A burly man then clenched him into a bear-hug whispering in his ear, “Don’t worry son nearly done”. A rope was tied around the both of them and they were lowered from the plane. Beadle says, I could hear the crowd, lots of booing but some cheering. Then I hit the ground, I could smell turf, the sack was pulled off my head and there was Cook above me smiling. Cook then ran off and joined the rest of the QPR team celebrating by the corner flag. I couldn’t work out what was going on but when I saw Barry Bannan firing the ball into the crowd I knew something bad had happened - it was then I realised they’d equalised. Sheffield Wednesday fans are saying that VAR would have picked this all up and the goal should have been disallowed. I’m not so sure.
[Post edited 16 Sep 15:30]

Worthy of reproducing on an Owls fan forum IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Not biased at all! on 14:00 - Sep 16 with 965 viewsrobith

Not biased at all! on 08:52 - Sep 15 by WestonsuperR

This is well worth watching from 10.00 mins 😀:

Any way we could dry this into a powdered form so i can inject it directly into my veins?
Not biased at all! on 16:51 - Sep 16 with 828 viewsfrancisbowles

Not biased at all! on 14:16 - Sep 15 by Benny_the_Ball

My immediate reaction in real time was handball and on seeing the replay I haven't changed my mind. The defender puts his arm out and stops the ball going in with a bit of bicep.
[Post edited 15 Sep 14:28]

Bennie and Gus. I don't think that part of the arm counts as handball under the recent (let's make it more complicated) changes to the handball law. Some nonsense about the t shirt line.
Not biased at all! on 23:01 - Sep 16 with 630 viewsDannyPaddox

Not biased at all! on 12:58 - Sep 16 by Esox_Lucius

Worthy of reproducing on an Owls fan forum IMO.

If anyone is moonlighting on a Wednesday forum you’re welcome to copy and paste it. In fact be great to send them this whole thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024