Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread 16:23 - Sep 12 with 58163 viewsDaBurgh

This international break week seems to have lasted a ridiculously long time. I guess because we finished on a high. Going on a late summer week's holiday on Saturday to Cap d'Agde on the French Mediterranean coast. Apparently it has a reputation of being the nudist, hedonistic capital of France, not only the beaches but some restaurants also are 'clothing optional'.
Hopefully I can watch the game before we go out for a meal, the evenings are getting a bit chilly so I'm hoping that I won't be put of my dim sum by some fat couple in thongs.
2 - 1 Rangers. Anderson and Cook.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:58]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:44 - Sep 14 with 2156 viewsSpaceman_P

Just joined the stream... Sheff Commentators calling Frey... FRY.

but how's it been so far?
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:44 - Sep 14 with 2118 viewsDorse

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:43 - Sep 14 by FDC

Wednesday comms pronouncing Frey as "Fry". Only came to pass on 42 minutes mind.

It's pronounced Frey Bentos.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:45 - Sep 14 with 2100 viewsconnell10

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:44 - Sep 14 by Spaceman_P

I wouldn't scroll back mate

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:45 - Sep 14 with 2041 viewsstainrods_elbow

H/T subs? I'd be pulling off Santos for Saito, Madsen for EDB, and probably Frey for Celar. Then possibly Lloyd for Anderson if we want to have a shot on goal at some stage.

So far, Marti seems to be providing further evidence for his inability to play competitive first halves.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:45 - Sep 14 with 2029 viewsjohnhoop

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:41 - Sep 14 by Dorse

We're making Bannon look like Pirlo.

We always do.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:46 - Sep 14 with 2029 viewsWD99

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:39 - Sep 14 by sdm1508

Colback is a liability at the moment. Not passing well and when someone makes a mistake just stands there looking at them. Frey did a poor pass to him and just looked at him instead of fighting for it. Feels like Marti has a few round pegs in square holes to get players in the side. Colback off, Marsden in the middle, Anderson off and Dembele as 10 with Saito and Smyth on either wing

It really is a roll of the dice every game on which Colback we are getting. Some games he is so important in providing stability and linking play…then other games he just fouls, throws his hands up when he doesn’t get the ball right to his feet or a man doesn’t make a run, and gives the ball away.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:46 - Sep 14 with 2024 views1BobbyHazell

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:44 - Sep 14 by Spaceman_P

The fact that them calling Frey 'Fry' has been the highlight of the half for me should tell you all you need to know!
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:46 - Sep 14 with 2006 viewsSpaceman_P

Our two month olds nappy looked like our kit this morning.
Login to get fewer ads

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:46 - Sep 14 with 1996 viewsconnell10

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:45 - Sep 14 by connell10

I wouldn't scroll back mate

I'm not watching it but according to everyone on here we are shite and should be 4 goals down .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:47 - Sep 14 with 1891 viewsDorse

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:45 - Sep 14 by stainrods_elbow

H/T subs? I'd be pulling off Santos for Saito, Madsen for EDB, and probably Frey for Celar. Then possibly Lloyd for Anderson if we want to have a shot on goal at some stage.

So far, Marti seems to be providing further evidence for his inability to play competitive first halves.

I think Santos for Ashby might be the call but Colback needs the hook, for me. Mind you, I usually say that.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:47 - Sep 14 with 1883 viewssdm1508

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:43 - Sep 14 by Benny_the_Ball

"Frey did a poor pass to him and just looked at him instead of fighting for it."

That annoyed me. Yes, the pass wasn't inch perfect but it wasn't a million miles off either and the ball was still there to be won. He just gave up on it.

Yep. Colback just stood there as Sheff Weds came away with the ball. Then when the ball went dead just looked at Frey again. Colback looks like his legs are gone and it seems like his attitude is off too. Andersen is what we needed last season but Dembele as the 10 is far more dynamic. Think Andersen should be starting on the bench at the moment or he starts on the right with licence to roam but Dembele starts 10
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:47 - Sep 14 with 1880 viewsPaddyhoops

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:41 - Sep 14 by Dorse

We're making Bannon look like Pirlo.

We always make him look like Pirlo.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:49 - Sep 14 with 1754 viewsstainrods_elbow

Their player stops Dembele with a scissor 'tackle', and not even a talking-to! Just kill me now!

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:50 - Sep 14 with 1671 viewsqueensparker

Well the only way is up from that first half. Very lucky to go in at 0-0. Midfield were woeful, miles off the pace

Dembele still looks such a good signing. He’s a strong fella for his size as well
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:50 - Sep 14 with 1664 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In a nutshell, it's 0-0. We're still in it.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:51 - Sep 14 with 1609 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Barry Bloody Bannan. Nothing more to be said.....
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:51 - Sep 14 with 1600 viewsHantsR

HT 0-0 phew! We can't play and SW can't shoot on target - some amazing misses by them.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:52 - Sep 14 with 1583 viewsstrikerace

Lucky to be 0-0

Anderson and Colback need to come off. Anderson has been terrible, and I forgot Colback was even out there. Maybe a formation change? We are getting killed in midfield.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:52 - Sep 14 with 1556 viewsJimmyR

Let’s hope marti can come up with a plan here as we are very lucky not to be losing
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:52 - Sep 14 with 1537 viewsGus_iom

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:47 - Sep 14 by Dorse

I think Santos for Ashby might be the call but Colback needs the hook, for me. Mind you, I usually say that.

Wednesday a very physical side, Anderson and Madeson looking very lightweight.
Really like Frey, but playing on the break, may be one for Celar.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:53 - Sep 14 with 1474 viewsperpignanR

Midfield almost non existent, Colback shocking, Field poor. Other than that not bad at all.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:54 - Sep 14 with 1357 viewsSpaceman_P

listening to the stream during half-time, these commentators are like listening to the snooker.

but just now a Sheff Wed fan just called in... had a good laugh

"Watching the game with my wife and her boyfriend".... very polyamorous up in Sheff.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:54 - Sep 14 with 1346 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:53 - Sep 14 by perpignanR

Midfield almost non existent, Colback shocking, Field poor. Other than that not bad at all.

Your bar is obviously so low you're virtually limbo dancing!

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:55 - Sep 14 with 1320 viewsDorse

We have achieved the sum total of fcuk all divided by six but we are currently no worse off than we started. Take aways from the first half: Santos terrifies me; JCS is a big miss; the midfield are missing - if you have any information as to their whereabouts, please call Crimestoppers on the usual number.

Fuxache. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Right. Whinge over.

Come on URs!

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:55 - Sep 14 with 1285 viewsBenny_the_Ball

2 shots, 1 on target.
0 clear-cut chances.
0 successful crosses.
0 successful dribbles.
75% pass completion rate, 51% in the final third.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024