Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dev Squad v Sheff U today 10:18 - Sep 10 with 6375 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/september/09/live-stream-sheffutd-u21s/

Can buy a pass and watch this one if wanted

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 12:36 - Sep 10 with 6088 viewsaston_hoop

Daniel Bennie in action

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 13:07 - Sep 10 with 5934 viewsconnell10

1-0 , men against boys I'm afraid

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 13:24 - Sep 10 with 5825 viewsnadera78

Some very young players in that team - Neill and Tarbotton were in the U16s last year and have seemingly by-passed the U18s straight to the Dev Squad.
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 14:23 - Sep 10 with 5608 viewsmikeygunn

0-6 :/
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 16:21 - Sep 10 with 5153 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 13:07 - Sep 10 by connell10

1-0 , men against boys I'm afraid

Isn't that what we all wanted? our kids to play against older, wiser heads?

The grass is always greener.

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 16:24 - Sep 10 with 5132 viewsNorthernr

The dressing up of our youth teams regularly getting gubbed 6, 7, 8-0 as actually being positive really should be in the glossary thread.
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 17:05 - Sep 10 with 4920 viewsdmm

I was at the game. We looked physically and tactically weak. SU beat us in every aspect of the game. Even the better players like Talla and Bennie didn't/couldn't play well.

The only good thing that came out of the match was the no 9 on trial who played as well as he could have done in a poor side.
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 17:08 - Sep 10 with 4899 viewsmart_Goblin

I do look at the ‘youth’ team results at times and do wonder what’s wrong ?

I’ll be the first to admit I don’t pay them the attention I should especially with my past . Actually a bit embarrassed to be frank .
But we appear to be too often pumped and it seems to have been happening for 2 or 3 years now .
If that is incorrect then I apologise . But I heard Kevin Gallen talking about this 6 months ago and I hope Nourry and his team are in the process of looking to change the mentality. I wonder if the mentality is right .
I know Kevin said our youth team, would be hammered if we lost . If we lost on a Saturday we’d be in on a Sunday to train or clean, or we’d be run until we dropped on the Monday . Now, I’m not saying that is the answer either , far from it but there has to be a mentality built in that winning is ‘everything’ and from what I'm told , not what I know as I don’t know enough , winning is not too high on the agenda.

It’s a balance that has to be found between producing players and winning matches but that winning mentality is so important for young players. Winning matches can produce players alone not just how many Km he can run in 90 minutes or how many 5 yard passes he made .
Being pumped week in week out will not produce anything other than the next lot of players thrown into the footballing threshing machine .
Login to get fewer ads

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 17:59 - Sep 10 with 4615 viewsGloucs_R

How many of those lads were the ones brought in over the summer? We seemed to have made a number of signings for the development team.

Is it a case of our under 21s going up against what we used to call reserves?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 18:45 - Sep 10 with 4375 viewsdmm

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 17:59 - Sep 10 by Gloucs_R

How many of those lads were the ones brought in over the summer? We seemed to have made a number of signings for the development team.

Is it a case of our under 21s going up against what we used to call reserves?

Three who were brought in this summer started today including Bennie who was talked about as one who might be ready for first team football later this season. As mentioned above, two who'd come up from the U16s also started.

I think it was a young side but, as others have said, we can't have the Dev squad being regularly stuffed like this. That's two 6-0 defeats already this season.
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 18:47 - Sep 10 with 4357 viewsaston_hoop

Sheff U have beaten Brentford 6-0 this season and Watford 8-2 in their last game. We've won 2 of our 5 games at Dev squad level this season. Today we had 2 16 year olds in the base of our midfield due to the fact that MC has a bunch training with the first team. It wasn't great but that Blades squad are good and was also full of players more experiences than ours. I know thats excuses, put it in the glossary by all means, but context is important.

Yeah that trialist earned himself another go too. Liked him
[Post edited 10 Sep 18:51]

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 21:09 - Sep 13 with 3016 viewsaston_hoop

Beat Preston 7-1

That trialist got a hat trick
[Post edited 13 Sep 21:11]

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 21:16 - Sep 13 with 2960 viewsqueensparker

Anyone know who this trialist actually is?

Sounds like we’ve found the new Paolo Wanchope
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 21:57 - Sep 13 with 2765 viewsbosh67

Harry Murphy really does look like a prospect.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 22:14 - Sep 13 with 2656 viewsaston_hoop

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 21:16 - Sep 13 by queensparker

Anyone know who this trialist actually is?

Sounds like we’ve found the new Paolo Wanchope

Cristiano Messi or something like that I think?

Nah no idea, probably a lad released by a Cat A academy or its the mysterious appearance of that Brazilian lad we were reported to be signing

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 23:12 - Sep 13 with 2467 viewswortonr

Notice that Kolli played. Hopefully indicates some sort of sense prevailing?
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 11:54 - Sep 14 with 1782 viewslassel

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 21:57 - Sep 13 by bosh67

Harry Murphy really does look like a prospect.

Marti doesn’t think so as having taken him on tour he left him out of the friendlies after and didn’t bother to give him a squad number..
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 14:26 - Sep 14 with 1508 viewsderbyhoop

I wouldn't read too much into a 7-1 win in the PL Cup. Preston U21s have been beaten by Crewe and Wigan, both of them beaten by our DS. They are not in the PDL2 North league so may be a level below that;
However, Trialist B hasn't done himself any harm with a hat-trick. Harry Murphy got 3 as well. Some confusion over the scorer of our first. PNE repot and Twitter said Emerson Sutton, our Match Report said Kolli.

Let's see how they get on against Blackburn and Colchester in same competition.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 17:04 - Sep 17 with 977 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Another 6 - 0 drubbing today against Burnley. Someone should get summoned to Nourri’s office in the morning to explain what’s going on.
Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 20:40 - Sep 17 with 597 viewsderbyhoop

Basically, we're playing too many young kids against grown men;

Sheff Utd are top of PDL 2 North, Burnley are 3rd. Seems like the Northern teams are much stronger than the Southern softies.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 00:17 - Sep 18 with 399 views1JD

Dev Squad v Sheff U today on 20:40 - Sep 17 by derbyhoop

Basically, we're playing too many young kids against grown men;

Sheff Utd are top of PDL 2 North, Burnley are 3rd. Seems like the Northern teams are much stronger than the Southern softies.

Every club does this, it’s par for the course, and it’s a level playing field.

Check the ages of the opposition regularly and you will see that is a poor excuse on QPRs behalf. We are losing, heavily, because we are not good enough. Simple as that. And it’s a long running theme
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024