Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Williams offski 19:42 - Sep 4 with 10101 viewsBakes

Leaving his position as QPR director of performance and joining the Brooklyn Nets in NBA
[Post edited 4 Sep 19:46]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Ben Williams offski on 09:10 - Sep 5 with 3146 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I can't for a second imagine that this has been sprung on the club last minute.
I expect we already have someone lined up to replace him.

Football, including the PL, can't compete with NBA wages.
Ben Williams offski on 09:25 - Sep 5 with 3077 viewsloftus77

Always something, isn't there?

Potentially irrelevant, potentially pivotal - impossible to know which.
Ben Williams offski on 10:41 - Sep 5 with 2849 viewsdaveB

Ben Williams offski on 08:52 - Sep 5 by silky

Genuinely gutted about this. His slow burn approach was in the end quite the masterstroke last season.

Also not an coincidence that our best injury record in years was when he was head of the team.

I believe the position should be fill on his recommendation and hope it doesn't deter our season.

i'm not sure if it was a masterstroke or we just had players less likely to pretend to be injured so they could miss games
Ben Williams offski on 10:50 - Sep 5 with 2813 viewsrobith

Is it official yet? I have a funny story about him but don't want to post it till he's out the door
Ben Williams offski on 11:53 - Sep 5 with 2561 viewslassel

Ben Williams offski on 08:40 - Sep 5 by slmrstid

End of the day working in the NBA with Brooklyn Nets is a much bigger and (probably) better paid opportunity than a job with QPR in the Championship.

Not going to be much more to it than that. Change happens all the time in the working world.

And also living in NYC is pretty great when you are earning a nice salary…
Ben Williams offski on 12:00 - Sep 5 with 2523 viewsBklynRanger

The Nets will always be a New Jersey team to me...
Ben Williams offski on 12:07 - Sep 5 with 2471 viewsfrancisbowles

The strategy should be in place.
There will be a stats record on everyone.
We shouldn't be too disrupted if he leaves.
It should be relatively straightforward to carry on regardless.

Now that the plan is up and running, we maybe able to save a salary and include it in the Head of Methodology portfolio. Dr Dr Souza has some experience as a Technical Director and Head of Performance.

Taking supposition a stage further, I don't think Williams has been mentioned much for a while and I don't think his name was mentioned in Noury's interview. Maybe this was meant to be a short term appointment, for the benefit of both parties.
Ben Williams offski on 15:53 - Sep 5 with 2070 viewsWD99

I imagine this is nothing more than a much bigger opportunity that was too big to turn down. While NBA operates with a salary cap, there isn’t really a limit to what teams can invest in other areas to gain a competitive advantage. Huge staffs of data and performance analysts. But it is interesting given the comment about him being more involved than just the health side with QPR and to leave after a year.
Login to get fewer ads

Ben Williams offski on 19:28 - Sep 5 with 1815 viewssilky

Ben Williams offski on 10:41 - Sep 5 by daveB

i'm not sure if it was a masterstroke or we just had players less likely to pretend to be injured so they could miss games

Definitely a factor Dave, agree. Don't think it paints the whole picture. We shall see in the coming season.

BTW really enjoy your views on Hoops and Dreams mate.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Ben Williams offski on 22:43 - Sep 6 with 1254 viewsmart_Goblin

Ben Williams offski on 09:10 - Sep 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I can't for a second imagine that this has been sprung on the club last minute.
I expect we already have someone lined up to replace him.

Football, including the PL, can't compete with NBA wages.

Due to personal reasons I don’t think he’s been there hardly at all since the summer so I think there are people already in place .
I don’t know that , but I am assuming someone or others have sat in his role whilst he was absent.

He set standards very high, including bringing in new chefs snd menus and dietary plans and has more to do with a lot of things day to day than we all realise. Right hand man to Nourry so he might miss him in the near future more than most but as I say , it’s been on the cards since the summer .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024