Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nourry on The London Sport Show 19:21 - Sep 4 with 8350 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jnj787

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 19:50 - Sep 4 with 8124 viewsNoDiddley

Proper business man, I like the cut of his cloth (as my old man used to say).
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:15 - Sep 4 with 7696 viewscolinallcars

But…..do you like the cut of his jib ?
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:20 - Sep 4 with 7665 views222gers

Additionally, is he the sort of chap one would like to take to one's club ?
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:23 - Sep 4 with 7639 viewsconnell10

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:20 - Sep 4 by 222gers

Additionally, is he the sort of chap one would like to take to one's club ?

A touch of the Richard Thompsons .....( Mr Burns shudder!!)

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:33 - Sep 4 with 7523 views222gers

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:23 - Sep 4 by connell10

A touch of the Richard Thompsons .....( Mr Burns shudder!!)

Ah, different richard thompson !
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:37 - Sep 4 with 7488 viewsrbee

''We had the best availability record in the top four divisions in English Football last season.''

Wow! That is some statistic. You have to presume that is down to Ben Williams and why his rapid departure from the club is disappointing.
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:56 - Sep 4 with 7338 viewsbosh67

Very impressive. Also able to speak for 15 minutes without moving his lips at all. He really is Captain Stats. I'd love to see the graphs and pie charts he must have put together to find a partner.

Overall he is very impressive. An old head on young shoulders. I love that he thinks we're unique and that is obviously part of the attraction for him. I also like his caution that it is going to take time. I totally agree with that. Obviously if we haven't won the Champions League by the end of this International break everyone should be fired. He's realistic but massively analytic. I feel like we are in truly good hand now.

I also feel that he has more IQ in his big toe than I am ever likely to have in my whole body.
[Post edited 4 Sep 23:04]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 23:07 - Sep 4 with 7270 viewsdannyblue

Listening now, thanks. Interesting to learn that last season we had:
Second oldest average starting 11 in championship
Best availability record in top 4 divisions
Login to get fewer ads

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 06:38 - Sep 5 with 6628 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Blimey, really impressive. Love the fact that despite all the analytics they still look at a players personality.
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 08:53 - Sep 5 with 6053 viewsenfieldargh

Agree with all thats been said however also worry as the lady with Ian Mckellum (?) WLS said that is Nourry using us as a stepping stone to greater things....as Ben Williams?

QPR has always been a stepping stone club that sometimes acheives great things with inspirational figures involved on and off the field.

We have come to understand that personalities such as Gerry Francis, Venners, Sexton stuck with us for a while b4 advancing their careers so with a bit of luck Christian & Marti/Javi will get us into a better place before they move on up and that their departures will not greatly impact on us.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:09 - Sep 5 with 5390 viewsTonto

Thought he came across well.

The fact he said that incoming g players were a team decision can put to bed Amy concerns about Marti not buying into the transfers.

Also interesting was the age range for transfers he gave... 16 to 24. Probably explains why we dodnt go after Hayden.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:19 - Sep 5 with 5302 viewsderbyhoop

Does anybody think we're starting to be run
Like a professional football club.
A clear plan, a way of playing, players that fit the way, various depth working together. What is this sorcery?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:31 - Sep 5 with 5169 viewsdaveB

It's all sounding very impressive but Hoos and Ferdinand sounded impressive at first as well, will see where we are in a few years
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:31 - Sep 5 with 5162 viewsconnell10

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:19 - Sep 5 by derbyhoop

A clear plan, a way of playing, players that fit the way, various depth working together. What is this sorcery?

I'll keep my powder dry , to many false dawns for me to trust anything that comes from the top.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:47 - Sep 5 with 5038 viewsaston_hoop

The club is being run, at least on the playing side, the way I would want it to be run. Using smart recruitment to pick up bargains on the continent to fit a specific style across the club and with an eye to the future and re-sell value so we can progress. The same as other clubs in our division and above who have made a success. Whether Nourry is making a success of that is of course another story and will be judged in years to come. But for now, its the right approach and thats good enough for me.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 18:01 - Sep 6 with 3979 viewsStanleyMarsh

Absolutely aston_hoop, I could not agree with you more. I like the idea of bringing the average age of the squad down by recruiting younger talent from the continent. and releasing older less capable players. Previous regimes of recruiting a has been or a never will be has failed miserably. I like the new approach, but time will tell if it's successful.
[Post edited 6 Sep 18:52]
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 18:17 - Sep 6 with 3874 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:31 - Sep 5 by daveB

It's all sounding very impressive but Hoos and Ferdinand sounded impressive at first as well, will see where we are in a few years

Agree completely, Dave.

Personally, I love that we're using data as a tool, but we must remember that Belk and his data team have been at the club for years. I hope that Nourry's arrival brings contacts and knowledge to add to and improve that, but we're only guessing on that front.

Nourry is a young man with no experience in the job we've given to him. I'm not getting carried away only to be let down later. I'm just going to hope that all goes well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 19:40 - Sep 6 with 3596 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:31 - Sep 5 by daveB

I've said this before, but Hoos and Ferdinand did important work moving us on from the shambles of the Redknapp (and before) era and left the club better than they found it.

I'm not trying to rake up o6ld ground here - my point is that in many spheres of life a new broom makes a lot of the improvement early on, when the need for change is most obvious and it's about correcting clear errors from the past. Making the right call about the unknowns is tougher, especially if you'e QPR and basically you only have the money to get it right first time. Plus, people get worn down.
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 21:21 - Sep 6 with 3338 viewsLanhoop

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 18:17 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree completely, Dave.

Personally, I love that we're using data as a tool, but we must remember that Belk and his data team have been at the club for years. I hope that Nourry's arrival brings contacts and knowledge to add to and improve that, but we're only guessing on that front.

Nourry is a young man with no experience in the job we've given to him. I'm not getting carried away only to be let down later. I'm just going to hope that all goes well.

The downside of experience is there is always the temptation to do things “because that’s the way we’ve always done it’. Hopefully Nourry and team are bringing some best practice from what they’ve seen elsewhere and mixing that with some new ideas of their own.

If the club is going to have any kind of edge over other clubs then we should be able to follow our own path to some extent.

So far, so good but let’s hope the plan is a good one.
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 15:23 - Sep 7 with 2544 viewsEsox_Lucius

Harry Potter with a beard.

The grass is always greener.

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:31 - Sep 7 with 1878 viewsSimonJames

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 13:19 - Sep 5 by derbyhoop

I can see a scenario where we get into the play offs, or better, and then Marti and Nourry get scooped up as a double act by a big club.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 01:40 - Sep 8 with 1622 viewsNikLeSaux

Nourry on The London Sport Show on 22:33 - Sep 4 by 222gers

Ah, different richard thompson !

The very best English song writer, guitarist (both electric and acoustic) solo and band leader ever. Contemporary of Hendrix, still recording and playing live now. The most under-rated genius on these shores…
Nourry on The London Sport Show on 06:00 - Sep 8 with 1425 viewsGaryHaddock

I’m sorry, I’m sure he’s great and is going to deliver us league trophies and the champions league, but this is all I can hear:

[Post edited 8 Sep 6:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024