Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if your peckish.... 21:22 - Sep 3 with 2631 viewsqpr_1968

what would you prefer as a snack...or an absolute full on meal....
or even after a night on the lash...

chinese
indian
fish and chips...
kebab
lebanese...
pizza... italian.

any other.

for me.....after a drink.....always a pizza...
after work on a friday....lebanese....houmas, falafel wrap, batta harra, chicken shwarma.

sunday....always a roast.

never beeen one for a kebab....
indian for me is after a qpr win on saturdays....
a chinese is for a draw....
and a couple of mothers ruin for a defeat....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

if your peckish.... on 21:26 - Sep 3 with 2619 viewsbosh67

Fried bananas in butter and honey. Always my go to snack or even meal.

Needs to be very ripe bananas, good butter and good honey. It's almost good for you as well, but not quite, which is why I like it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

if your peckish.... on 00:00 - Sep 4 with 2423 viewsJuzzie

Ye gods’68, get some fruit and veg!

I must admit to having a sweet tooth when peckish but really trying to substitute that with an apple or banana etc. not easy!
if your peckish.... on 00:50 - Sep 4 with 2336 viewsBoston

Must use a different dictionary than Sham 68 - peckish in my book doesn't mean a full on meal, it covers a simple snack. Therefore, probably a normal (in the US, small) bag of cheese and onion crisps.

Boston - 170lbs
'68 - 325.
[Post edited 4 Sep 0:52]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

if your peckish.... on 06:41 - Sep 4 with 2218 viewskarlski

A crumpet, well toasted and topped to one’s liking, solves many ills and opens the soul to a world of possibility and delight.
if your peckish....id on 21:49 - Sep 4 with 1907 viewsSpaceman_P

if we are talking about "snacks" you'd pick up at a petrol station.

Can't beat a Ginsters pasty.

Now I live in Spain, the alternative here is an Empanada, but not the same!!

quite fancy Crisps and a chocolate bar too to alongside said Pasty.

As far as take-aways go...

Being in Spain, I totally miss an Indian - its just the one thing the Spanish can't do OR like.... it's just not the same. Every time I head home, first thing I do is order an Indian. I've actually learned to craft a few good home-made curries whilst living here.

Miss a decent Chinese... here in Spain they just don't have the raw materials to make it good, also I don't think they use MSG which lacks that ummmf even thought its bad.

Miss a decent Fish and Chips too.

Where I live in Spain, we're sorted for bespoke Hamburgers, Pizzas, Italian Restaurant, Thai, Sushi and the various array of Spanish restaurants - but I do totally miss the above.
if your peckish....id on 21:18 - Sep 5 with 1747 viewsMick_S

if your peckish....id on 21:49 - Sep 4 by Spaceman_P

if we are talking about "snacks" you'd pick up at a petrol station.

Can't beat a Ginsters pasty.

Now I live in Spain, the alternative here is an Empanada, but not the same!!

quite fancy Crisps and a chocolate bar too to alongside said Pasty.

As far as take-aways go...

Being in Spain, I totally miss an Indian - its just the one thing the Spanish can't do OR like.... it's just not the same. Every time I head home, first thing I do is order an Indian. I've actually learned to craft a few good home-made curries whilst living here.

Miss a decent Chinese... here in Spain they just don't have the raw materials to make it good, also I don't think they use MSG which lacks that ummmf even thought its bad.

Miss a decent Fish and Chips too.

Where I live in Spain, we're sorted for bespoke Hamburgers, Pizzas, Italian Restaurant, Thai, Sushi and the various array of Spanish restaurants - but I do totally miss the above.

www.eastathome.com

Spacey - check this lot out. As good as it gets without being in a British curry house.

Hope they deliver Espania way. You don’t even have to chop an onion. Get in there before they go big and cop out/cash in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

if your peckish.... on 21:37 - Sep 5 with 1721 viewsstainrods_elbow

To further extend this engaging thread, bristling with Rangers resonance, what colour and make of toilet paper do peeps prefer for their post-meal visit to the little boys' room? Andrex Blue? Co-op White? Or a quick rinse in the bidet?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

if your peckish.... on 21:43 - Sep 5 with 1705 viewsCateLeBonR

Sardines on toast.
Login to get fewer ads

if your peckish.... on 21:56 - Sep 5 with 1676 viewsCateLeBonR

if your peckish.... on 21:37 - Sep 5 by stainrods_elbow

To further extend this engaging thread, bristling with Rangers resonance, what colour and make of toilet paper do peeps prefer for their post-meal visit to the little boys' room? Andrex Blue? Co-op White? Or a quick rinse in the bidet?

Waitrose essential (9 pack)
if your peckish.... on 22:06 - Sep 5 with 1609 viewsLogman

if your peckish.... on 06:41 - Sep 4 by karlski

A crumpet, well toasted and topped to one’s liking, solves many ills and opens the soul to a world of possibility and delight.

Agreed on crumpets. They are versatile as an egg. Do the job morning, noon or night. Plus with marmite on (only marmite) I believe they are not too fatty so you can do them last thing at night without knowing that they are going to line your arteries. Crumpets with marmite on and tea; it does the job when you come in from a night out

Oh, I forgot to say, they also don't wake you up at 4 a.m. like a curry or other fragrant dish can.
if your peckish.... on 23:37 - Sep 5 with 1504 viewsToast_R

For a snack, Droiworse and some Biltong. Can't get enough of that stuff.

For a meal, Turkish and Middle Eastern food is just the best. Falaffel, flat breads and grilled meat. You can't go wrong.
if your peckish.... on 00:47 - Sep 6 with 1475 viewsBoston

if your peckish.... on 23:37 - Sep 5 by Toast_R

For a snack, Droiworse and some Biltong. Can't get enough of that stuff.

For a meal, Turkish and Middle Eastern food is just the best. Falaffel, flat breads and grilled meat. You can't go wrong.

Look squire, you had it right with toast.

if your peckish.... on 08:25 - Sep 6 with 1352 viewsEsgaroth

This thread is killing me.

Due to cancer and having a massive part of my bowel removed I've just been told by my surgeon I can no longer eat food.......ever again. And I've just bought a bloody pizza oven ffs

To say I am a foodie is an understatement and there are numerous things I could add to the list of delights but it's good to see such a wide array of food being devoured by you lot 😀

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

if your peckish.... on 09:01 - Sep 6 with 1322 viewsBluce_Ree

It's situational but if you're getting in from a flight and the fridge is almost empty but you've got enough to pull out a snack, that's better than a full on meal.

You've just done four hours flying, f**ked about in the airport, travelled home and it's like 11pm and you find some sort of f**king pan au chocolat thing kicking it at the back of the fridge? JAH WILL PROVIDE!

JAH WILL PROVIDE!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

if your peckish.... on 09:15 - Sep 6 with 1291 viewsBrianMcCarthy

if your peckish.... on 08:25 - Sep 6 by Esgaroth

Due to cancer and having a massive part of my bowel removed I've just been told by my surgeon I can no longer eat food.......ever again. And I've just bought a bloody pizza oven ffs

To say I am a foodie is an understatement and there are numerous things I could add to the list of delights but it's good to see such a wide array of food being devoured by you lot 😀

Aw man, so sorry to hear that. Best wishes.

Food is overrated, my man. Nobody here likes it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

if your peckish.... on 09:24 - Sep 6 with 1270 viewsBluce_Ree

if your peckish.... on 08:25 - Sep 6 by Esgaroth

Eesh. That's rough. :(

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

if your peckish.... on 15:44 - Sep 8 with 993 viewsR_from_afar

if your peckish.... on 21:43 - Sep 5 by CateLeBonR

Sardines on toast.

Good shout but I think anchovies on toast are marginally better (salivates).

Luckily, I am currently cradling a large packet of roast chicken crisps

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

if your peckish.... on 16:25 - Sep 8 with 963 viewsChrisNW6

if your peckish.... on 15:44 - Sep 8 by R_from_afar

Good shout but I think anchovies on toast are marginally better (salivates).

Luckily, I am currently cradling a large packet of roast chicken crisps

Currently having my staple Sea salt and cracked peppercorn Kettles with a rather strong bottle of Aspels Cider whilst cooking the Sunday Roast.

If I get hungry later you can't beat Cheese on Sourdough toast with some home made Chilli Jam 😋
if your peckish.... on 17:39 - Sep 8 with 892 viewsqprxtc

Branston and peanut butter sandwich toasted. After a skinful

During a skinful, Bourbon biscuits and pork pies with no egg

Before a skinful, a bowl of six weetabix, cold milk, half mashed half crispy. Once I had two cereal bowl spoons worth of sugar but I’m health conscience these days, so lots of banana, blueberries and other assorted sugary fruit.

Then a few pints.
if your peckish.... on 18:16 - Sep 8 with 837 viewswelwynranger

I hope it doesnt mean ive got bitd flu
if your peckish.... on 21:49 - Sep 8 with 712 viewsBlackCrowe

Fish fingers fried to a crisp in butter, on buttered toast with a drizzle of ketchup on top. Hangovers were invented for this.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

if your peckish.... on 17:22 - Sep 9 with 418 viewsBoston

When I was a young 'un and got a little p p p peckish, I'd p p p pick up a penguin.

Then London Zoo fitted security cameras.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024