Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham 10:16 - Sep 3 with 4068 viewskingsburyR

Did I read it right that after signing Lyndon Dykes Brum signed Jay Stansfield from Fulham for £15m plus add ons????

If true that seems pretty mental to me!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Birmingham on 10:56 - Sep 3 with 3850 viewsenfieldargh

JCS had him inhis pocket in last seasons game. Yes he mght be a good goalscorer but so is Alfie May who they already have in the squad. 15-20 Million your having a girraffe

Smacks to me of the owner and TB12 player football manager in real time

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Birmingham on 11:37 - Sep 3 with 3613 viewskingsburyR

But £15 mill in League one?

Are they on a death wish? Surely even promotion wont cover that?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Birmingham on 11:52 - Sep 3 with 3533 viewsCamberleyR

Fulham FC

[Post edited 3 Sep 14:54]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Birmingham on 12:17 - Sep 3 with 3346 viewsSK_hoops

I thought it was 9-10 mil. If 15 mil, that is about 4x the current league 1 record.
Birmingham on 12:44 - Sep 3 with 3161 viewsManinBlack

I am no expert on how FFP works but I have always had the impression it is only the Premiership and Championship where clubs get hit for overspend. It always seems to me that you can splash the cash to get up from the National League and leagues 1 and 2 which is why some clubs seem to get to the Championship in no time at all. Probably not like that at all but it seems that way...
Birmingham on 13:01 - Sep 3 with 3016 viewsCamberleyR

Birmingham on 11:52 - Sep 3 by CamberleyR

Fulham FC

[Post edited 3 Sep 14:54]

Birmingham City FC

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Birmingham on 13:01 - Sep 3 with 3017 viewsDoudou87

12m rising to 15m if they meet certain criteria. Think this was mentioned before but to put this lunacy into perspective, Liverpool signed Federico Chiesa 10m + 2.5m add ons. Its a joke and I hope like last season the owners are punished by not securing promotion but with the squad they have its almost guaranteed.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Birmingham on 14:47 - Sep 3 with 2653 viewsbosh67

It does seem to be that Birmingham are trying to buy their way back up. I like Lyndon but I hope the club fails spectacularly.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham on 15:06 - Sep 3 with 2505 viewsenfieldargh

It may be worth listening to Thursday's price of football podcast.

They will be discussing the transfer window and am sure BCFC will come up.

There was a past episode where they mentioned any team being promoted from L1 their losses automatically feed into the 3 years P & S calc plus they only dropped out of the champ last season. I may have not undrstood all the rules Kieren Maguire spouted as it does appear extremely complex.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Birmingham on 19:45 - Sep 3 with 1971 viewsVancouverHoop

They've sent Siriko Dembélé, Karamoko's older brother, to Oxford Utd. Should be an interesting clash when we play them later this season.
Birmingham on 21:08 - Sep 3 with 1685 viewsnix

Birmingham on 12:44 - Sep 3 by ManinBlack

I am no expert on how FFP works but I have always had the impression it is only the Premiership and Championship where clubs get hit for overspend. It always seems to me that you can splash the cash to get up from the National League and leagues 1 and 2 which is why some clubs seem to get to the Championship in no time at all. Probably not like that at all but it seems that way...

The thing is though if you're paying those sort of transfer fees you'll also be paying masssive wages, surely? So if they don't go up from the Championship they could be in trouble I'm guessing.
Birmingham on 04:25 - Sep 4 with 1231 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Stansfield was Birmingham City's 17th signing of the summer and the third time the club smashed the League 1 transfer fee record in this window alone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024