Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Boys hooked 16:55 - Aug 31 with 19203 viewsconnell10

Dozy, Willy and Sincs all hooked today as their teams all get beaten.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Old Boys hooked on 21:30 - Sep 1 with 4425 viewsMrSheen

Joe Hodge scored on his Huddersfield debut yesterday, season long loan. Where have we seen that before?
Old Boys hooked on 00:50 - Sep 2 with 4135 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Old Boys hooked on 19:47 - Sep 1 by JimmyR

Tbf Christmas is aspirational…

I’ll go calf strain 3rd week on nov

Might be a family history thing but Joe Willock scored in the cup game for Newcastle after being out for a long time .
He then got injured again and by the look on his face it felt serious and the commentators were hoping it was a minor strain.
Maybe leg injuries run in the family or just bad luck with the wear and tear of this relentless game.
Best of luck to both it seems cruel to be that injury prone when you are a Pro
Old Boys hooked on 07:19 - Sep 2 with 3946 viewsQPROslo

Best of luck to all of them except when they play us.
Old Boys hooked on 07:22 - Sep 2 with 3926 viewsGus_iom

Old Boys hooked on 19:53 - Sep 1 by stainrods_elbow

So, logically, I guess that means he's found his level (or I suppose not found it).

Yeah, quite possibly, the peter principle and all that.
I was just saying that, with his physical attributes, I can see the attraction. They obviously think they can teach him/he'll mature. I'm not quite so sure, we saw a couple of times last season when the ball is sitting on the line, he doesn't have the instinct.
Old Boys hooked on 08:41 - Sep 2 with 3572 views100percent

Old Boys hooked on 18:15 - Sep 1 by SK_hoops

B.O.S?

Good shout Bright Samuel... funnily enough watching the game friday I mentioned to my son that Alfie Llyod looked at times like the early BOS .... frightening pace, just needs to keep control of the ball better.... We have a great player in Alfie and Marti is the man to get the best out of him....
Old Boys hooked on 08:46 - Sep 2 with 3561 viewsLoftgirl

Old Boys hooked on 19:12 - Sep 1 by kensalriser

When do we think Willock will be out injured?

I'll go with first week November.

At the first frost.
Old Boys hooked on 09:30 - Sep 2 with 3387 viewsgazza1

We are better off without all of them.......miss Armstrong a bit but we have replaced his pace with new signings.

All good news they have left the Club, bad apples maybe.
Old Boys hooked on 09:48 - Sep 2 with 3312 viewshubble

Old Boys hooked on 12:55 - Sep 1 by saxbend

I think since we're all giving Celar a chance, the Wurzels should extend the same courtesy to Armstrong. It's only fair, especially as he is still relatively inexperienced.

No surprise with Willock. They've got the Willock of last season, not the one from two years prior, and perhaps he is not playing in a team that he's capable of carrying.

As for Richards, seems we'll get no more than the minimum we would have hoped for with this loan, one year closer to the end of his contract at least some of his wages paid by someone else.

But for all of the above, we've barely started the season. Even 2 months from now things could look very different, never mind by April.

They can give him as much time as they like, but they've been sold a pup, and I reckon they've worked it out already.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Old Boys hooked (n/t) on 12:19 - Sep 2 with 3128 viewsLoftgirl

Old Boys hooked on 19:12 - Sep 1 by kensalriser

When do we think Willock will be out injured?

I'll go with first week November.

[Post edited 2 Sep 12:20]
Old Boys hooked on 19:13 - Sep 2 with 2779 viewslondonscottish

Old Boys hooked on 14:37 - Sep 1 by vanrrrr

Other than Exe, obviously, who was the last one of our senior players who left and went on to bigger and better things?

Danny Simpson

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Old Boys hooked on 01:38 - Sep 3 with 2406 viewsVancouverHoop

Other than Exe, obviously, who was the last one of our senior players who left and went on to bigger and better things?

If loans are included then I'd guess Kyle Walker.
Old Boys hooked on 06:45 - Sep 3 with 2216 viewsGroveR

Luke Freeman's loan to Forest means he went onto something bigger in the way the population of China is something bigger.
Old Boys hooked on 08:07 - Sep 3 with 2061 viewsWatford_Ranger

Very early to judge. A poor start from Willock in a pretty mediocre team and he’ll never likely be the player he was pre-injury but I don’t think he’s necessarily going to be a dud signing.

Armstrong I’m still convinced assuming they play 4-3-3 or some variation of it is best suited on the left. Back in the 4-4-2 days he’d be effective with an old-fashioned gnarly number nine but not a lone striker or at least not ready to be one at this level. I still think he can have a successful career and if he’s on a long contract there could probably do with a loan if they think he’s a striker.

Dozzell- meh. Can’t see it, never have. Not sure Pompey fans will have much time for a ‘baller’ who doesn’t score/run/tackle in exchange for two swazzy passes a season
Old Boys hooked on 08:37 - Sep 3 with 1968 viewsHayesender

Watched the championship goals last night. Dozzell miscontrols the ball, then loses it in the tackle, and Sunderland go up and score the third. No surprises to any of us

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Old Boys hooked on 08:58 - Sep 3 with 1877 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I do feel for Chrissy. He was my favourite player but the first time you see Dembele, it's 'Chrissy who?' Looks like a long old season for him.
Old Boys hooked on 21:28 - Oct 24 with 918 viewsToast_R

BOS was giving Manchester Utd the runaround tonight. Bit of a dive in an attempt to get a dodgy penalty and rightly waved away. Looked a real handful until then, seemed to get injured in the process. Had his manager convinced though, Mourinho protested so much he got a red card over it 😆.

Wonder, if in his wildest dreams hed have thought he'd get to play under Jose Mourinho in European matches if he could just escape QPR?

We really screwed that one up didn't we?
[Post edited 24 Oct 21:30]
Old Boys hooked on 00:17 - Oct 25 with 747 viewsHooping_Mad

Old Boys hooked on 22:17 - Aug 31 by Hoopsie

Richards is not “old” boy, he’s still in our books, ya I know what you lot like to think

On another note, Jude-Boyd played 90 for Cheltenham 2-1 away loss to Walsall, Uncs not in Walsall squad

Duke-McKenna was a substitute in Harrogate 1-0 home loss to Barrow

Trent Rendall started for Dagenham 2-0 home loss to York

Kargbo not in Newport squad, Begovic not in Everton squad, Archer not in Portsmouth squad

Kakay and Drewe still without a team - hope they get a club soon

I think we treated Drewe quite badly.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Old Boys hooked on 07:08 - Oct 25 with 598 viewsGus_iom

Old Boys hooked on 00:17 - Oct 25 by Hooping_Mad

In what way? He was wholehearted, but clearly not nearly good enough. He earned some decent money, got some championship experience to put on his CV, and his contract expired. His attitude meant that he left with most people's best wishes.
Old Boys hooked on 10:39 - Oct 25 with 416 viewsqueensparker

Drewe is at Oxford City I think (not United)
Old Boys hooked on 11:12 - Oct 25 with 370 viewsngbqpr

Old Boys hooked on 00:17 - Oct 25 by Hooping_Mad

Archer has made a pretty good living through not being in numerous squads.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Old Boys hooked on 11:19 - Oct 25 with 353 viewsHooping_Mad

Old Boys hooked on 07:08 - Oct 25 by Gus_iom

In what way? He was wholehearted, but clearly not nearly good enough. He earned some decent money, got some championship experience to put on his CV, and his contract expired. His attitude meant that he left with most people's best wishes.

You really need to ask?

Last chicken in the shop go out there before your ready and drown. He went out on loan when asked, covered for the first team when asked.

The club fail to recruit a right back, Ozzie falls down the order so the 'threw' him in.

Then binned him off

I f he had been my lad I would have had a grown up conversation with the club about taking advantage of young lads.

We used to be a decent club.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Old Boys hooked on 15:33 - Oct 25 with 125 viewslightwaterhoop

Old Boys hooked on 11:19 - Oct 25 by Hooping_Mad

You really need to ask?

Last chicken in the shop go out there before your ready and drown. He went out on loan when asked, covered for the first team when asked.

The club fail to recruit a right back, Ozzie falls down the order so the 'threw' him in.

Then binned him off

I f he had been my lad I would have had a grown up conversation with the club about taking advantage of young lads.

We used to be a decent club.

Professional football is a cruel game, all clubs sling young lads out.The rewards are there if you make it but most don't.Joe Gubbins is now playing in the National league with Southend
this time last year he played a few games in our first team.
[Post edited 25 Oct 17:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024