Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paal 15:55 - Aug 28 with 6195 viewsconnell10

Credit where its due , I think he is playing much better now. Hope he keeps it up.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paal on 17:01 - Aug 28 with 5235 viewsdaveB

hes been good the last few games, thought the stick he got after West Brom was a bit OTT, he was poor that day but so were about 6/7 others
Paal on 17:12 - Aug 28 with 5163 viewsNed_Kennedys

Paal was very good last night, lovely penalty too.
Must be staying as we don’t seem to be strongly linked to any other left backs.
Paal on 17:53 - Aug 28 with 4920 viewsAndybrat

Paal on 17:12 - Aug 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Paal was very good last night, lovely penalty too.
Must be staying as we don’t seem to be strongly linked to any other left backs.

Needs back up ( mentioned on other thread) with Fox injured an£ Larkeche out on loan we have no cover. Friday will be his third game in 6 days and not subbed. Anyone in the development squad?
Paal on 19:28 - Aug 28 with 4666 viewsRsinWales

Paal on 17:53 - Aug 28 by Andybrat

Needs back up ( mentioned on other thread) with Fox injured an£ Larkeche out on loan we have no cover. Friday will be his third game in 6 days and not subbed. Anyone in the development squad?

Noticably back to something like his best. Pleased for him.
Paal on 20:02 - Aug 28 with 4567 viewsdavman

I just cannot stand how far off the winger he defends. Always allows the winger to run at him as he backs off and there is ALWAYS space to get a cross off. He is NOT a good defender by any stretch. He HAS to play well though as we have no alternative and he looks like he'll run his contract down.

I am not a fan.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Paal on 20:18 - Aug 28 with 4506 viewsconnell10

Paal on 20:02 - Aug 28 by davman

I just cannot stand how far off the winger he defends. Always allows the winger to run at him as he backs off and there is ALWAYS space to get a cross off. He is NOT a good defender by any stretch. He HAS to play well though as we have no alternative and he looks like he'll run his contract down.

I am not a fan.

WELL i appreciate YOUR input....THANKS

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paal on 20:20 - Aug 28 with 4491 viewshubble

Who remembers that ad: Pal, prolongs active life? I always think of it when his name comes up....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Paal on 20:26 - Aug 28 with 4440 viewsMick_S

Paal on 20:20 - Aug 28 by hubble

Who remembers that ad: Pal, prolongs active life? I always think of it when his name comes up....

I see your PAL and raise you a Bonio.

Woof!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Paal on 20:37 - Aug 28 with 4365 viewsMyke

Of much more of a concern than his form is the fact that his (and Dunne's) contract will expire next summer and both could leave for free. This is not sustainable and not in keeping with our alleged model. After Armstrong's sale, Marti said it was important that the club was in charge of outgoing transfers and not the players. We can't afford to cherry pick who we move on in the final year of their contract and who we don't. Just because a player is a regular starter and popular doesn't mean he should be treated differently than a player who is deemed 'dispensable'
I think we have made a bit of a botch of both full-back positions. Paal was supposed to be moved on and replaced by (a) the Italian lad and (B) Beck. We missed out on both and sent our reserve out on loan for the season - I wonder can he be called back at any time?
Likewise, at RB, we don't seem to have done due diligence on Cannon and Santos (while improved) seems more comfortable at Wing Back which is not the formation we usually use. So it seems we are 'stuck' with 2 full backs who are in the final year of their respective contracts. Both are solid full-backs in the short term, but as I have already said we are supposed to be moving on players in the final year of their contract rather losing them for free.
Paal on 20:47 - Aug 28 with 4290 viewshubble

Paal on 20:26 - Aug 28 by Mick_S

Woof!

Well, you've got pedigree, chum.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Paal on 20:56 - Aug 28 with 4221 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Paal on 20:02 - Aug 28 by davman

I am not a fan.

Finally, someone has written what I have been thinking for the past 12 months.
Pal just isn't a very good defender.

Even bigger problem at right back. I just don't rate Dunne there, he is so flat footed.
Paal on 20:58 - Aug 28 with 4208 viewsCiderwithRsie

Paal on 20:26 - Aug 28 by Mick_S

Woof!

Never heard of him, I'm presuming he plays in Seria B - is he a dogged defender?
Paal on 21:22 - Aug 28 with 4101 viewsMalintabuk

Paal on 20:58 - Aug 28 by CiderwithRsie

Never heard of him, I'm presuming he plays in Seria B - is he a dogged defender?

There is a kennel of truth in what you say
Paal on 21:30 - Aug 28 with 4062 viewsbosh67

I think he's playing well. Unless something spectacular happens I am presuming he will be the left back until at least Christmas.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paal on 10:40 - Aug 29 with 3464 viewsfrancisbowles

Paal on 20:37 - Aug 28 by Myke

Of much more of a concern than his form is the fact that his (and Dunne's) contract will expire next summer and both could leave for free. This is not sustainable and not in keeping with our alleged model. After Armstrong's sale, Marti said it was important that the club was in charge of outgoing transfers and not the players. We can't afford to cherry pick who we move on in the final year of their contract and who we don't. Just because a player is a regular starter and popular doesn't mean he should be treated differently than a player who is deemed 'dispensable'
I think we have made a bit of a botch of both full-back positions. Paal was supposed to be moved on and replaced by (a) the Italian lad and (B) Beck. We missed out on both and sent our reserve out on loan for the season - I wonder can he be called back at any time?
Likewise, at RB, we don't seem to have done due diligence on Cannon and Santos (while improved) seems more comfortable at Wing Back which is not the formation we usually use. So it seems we are 'stuck' with 2 full backs who are in the final year of their respective contracts. Both are solid full-backs in the short term, but as I have already said we are supposed to be moving on players in the final year of their contract rather losing them for free.

Even the best laid plans don't always come off. Players are humans who change their mind due to various factors, including but not limited to, money, location and associated cost, family reasons. Deals also fall through because selling or loaning club get a better offer.

As Marti would say we have to keep on pushing.
Paal on 11:00 - Aug 29 with 3356 viewsstevec

Paal on 10:40 - Aug 29 by francisbowles

Even the best laid plans don't always come off. Players are humans who change their mind due to various factors, including but not limited to, money, location and associated cost, family reasons. Deals also fall through because selling or loaning club get a better offer.

As Marti would say we have to keep on pushing.

As you say, you cannot expect to sell at a profit right across the pitch, sometimes you just want your best player, in that position, playing irrespective of where they’ll be next year. They might just sign new contracts anyway.

Our focus should be on the here and now, and right now that’s getting the front four to start scoring more than our largely reliable defence conceding.
Paal on 11:12 - Aug 29 with 3300 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I wonder if Pal will go once we get a new right back in on loan? Dune could switch to the left then.
Paal on 13:09 - Aug 29 with 3043 views08olesen

Without tempting fate, his fitness is incredible. Seems to play every game and 90 mins at that.

My one gripe, he cant cross a ball! which feels pretty integral to a fullback, especially when Michy and Lyndon have been up front.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Paal on 13:27 - Aug 29 with 2977 viewsthehat

Definitely playing better last couple of games - Just wish he could stop more crosses coming into the box.
Paal on 13:28 - Aug 29 with 2968 viewsHooping_Mad

He took a good pen.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Paal on 21:24 - Aug 30 with 2465 viewscpgerber

Looking much improved tonight as well. Really hope we get him to sign a new deal.
Paal on 22:46 - Aug 30 with 2333 viewsLazyFan

Paal was the old Paal back again tonight.
Solid defending as they targeted him in the first half and of course great assist.

zzzzzzzzzz

Paal on 22:48 - Aug 30 with 2314 viewsSK_hoops

Paal on 13:09 - Aug 29 by 08olesen

Without tempting fate, his fitness is incredible. Seems to play every game and 90 mins at that.

My one gripe, he cant cross a ball! which feels pretty integral to a fullback, especially when Michy and Lyndon have been up front.

Apart from tonight!
Paal on 22:48 - Aug 30 with 2313 viewsbosh67

Hopefully we can convince him to sign a new contract soon! Looks back to his best.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paal on 22:13 - Sep 14 with 1523 viewsLoyalitat

Paal on 22:48 - Aug 30 by bosh67

Hopefully we can convince him to sign a new contract soon! Looks back to his best.

Surely that applies equally to J Dunne. Not quite getting this seemingly different narrative when both players are in the same contractual situation. Unless you know otherwise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024