Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds in the money…. 23:30 - Aug 19 with 5915 viewscolinallcars

….just sold Rutter to Brighton for £40m, so maybe a bid now for Chair ?
I know Rutter well, I went to his stag do.
Leeds in the money…. on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 4805 viewsderbyhoop

Leeds were deep in financial doo-doo. But have sold Gray, Summerville, Kamara and, now, Rutter. Iys brought them £140m. The other 23 clubs brought in £139m all together

Leeds may have a bit more wriggle room but I'm not convinced they'll spend £10m on a little Morroccan.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Leeds in the money…. on 10:05 - Aug 20 with 4646 viewsDWQPR

Leeds in the money…. on 09:15 - Aug 20 by derbyhoop

Leeds were deep in financial doo-doo. But have sold Gray, Summerville, Kamara and, now, Rutter. Iys brought them £140m. The other 23 clubs brought in £139m all together

Leeds may have a bit more wriggle room but I'm not convinced they'll spend £10m on a little Morroccan.

If I recall Lids needed to raise around £190million in player sales to pay off the debts owed to other clubs this summer.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Leeds in the money…. on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 4594 viewsSilverfoxqpr

£73M was due in outstanding fees by June 2024, leaving around a £116M outstanding balance to be paid in the future.

Source: - Leeds fan who sits behind me in the office.

In all seriousness doesn't sound as though they've got an awful lot of wiggle room if true.
Leeds in the money…. on 10:24 - Aug 20 with 4488 viewslondonscottish

Leeds in the money…. on 10:15 - Aug 20 by Silverfoxqpr

£73M was due in outstanding fees by June 2024, leaving around a £116M outstanding balance to be paid in the future.

In all seriousness doesn't sound as though they've got an awful lot of wiggle room if true.

Mate of mine is a Lids fan. says much the same thing.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Leeds in the money…. on 10:49 - Aug 20 with 4304 viewsSonic_Hoop

How times have changed, it used to be £10 for a little Morroccan.
Leeds in the money…. on 11:12 - Aug 20 with 4182 viewskensalriser

How about 9m for a small Belgian then?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Leeds in the money…. on 11:23 - Aug 20 with 4105 views100percent

Leeds in the money…. on 10:15 - Aug 20 by Silverfoxqpr

It does seem like they are making a decent attempt to sell off the high earners and prima donnas... at least their acquisitions have a sell on value. Hopefully they will block any attempts to spend any further monies....
Leeds in the money…. on 12:19 - Aug 20 with 3841 viewsDavieQPR

They are leaving it very late. The price of buying players will go up. They are majority owned , not by 49ers. but 49ers Venture Capital. They are comprised of many investors who expect some sort of profit. Wouldn't be surprised if they only get loans. although their clubs will expect them to get game time and Farke doesn't like rotation or subs.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds in the money…. on 12:34 - Aug 20 with 3769 viewsTomS

Leeds in the money…. on 12:19 - Aug 20 by DavieQPR

They are leaving it very late. The price of buying players will go up. They are majority owned , not by 49ers. but 49ers Venture Capital. They are comprised of many investors who expect some sort of profit. Wouldn't be surprised if they only get loans. although their clubs will expect them to get game time and Farke doesn't like rotation or subs.

I wonder how many investors in football clubs go in with realistic expectations as to how their investment will fare. Most of the time, in order to make a small fortune from a football investment, you start off with a large fortune!

It's not like any other business model that they'd be used to, or comfortable with, investing in.
Leeds in the money…. on 12:43 - Aug 20 with 3654 viewsDavieQPR

Leeds in the money…. on 12:34 - Aug 20 by TomS

I wonder how many investors in football clubs go in with realistic expectations as to how their investment will fare. Most of the time, in order to make a small fortune from a football investment, you start off with a large fortune!

It's not like any other business model that they'd be used to, or comfortable with, investing in.

Normal investors are not venture capitalists.
Leeds in the money…. on 12:44 - Aug 20 with 3642 viewsJuzzie

Leeds in the money…. on 12:34 - Aug 20 by TomS

exactly, it's like the old joke I like to repeat....

- how do you become a millionaire?
- start off as a billionaire and buy a football club

Apart from a very small handful of clubs, surely it's a loss-leading (tax avoidance probably) venture. You cannot surely go into general football ownership expecting to make a profit?
Leeds in the money…. on 13:00 - Aug 20 with 3482 viewsstowmarketrange

Leeds in the money…. on 12:44 - Aug 20 by Juzzie

Apart from a very small handful of clubs, surely it's a loss-leading (tax avoidance probably) venture. You cannot surely go into general football ownership expecting to make a profit?

It seems to have worked for the Glaziers at moan Utd.
Leeds in the money…. on 14:57 - Aug 20 with 3103 viewsJuzzie

Leeds in the money…. on 13:00 - Aug 20 by stowmarketrange

It seems to have worked for the Glaziers at moan Utd.

by stripping the club and not maintaining the stadium (has nice water features though)
Leeds in the money…. on 15:06 - Aug 20 with 3033 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Thats the problem right there in black and white those figures are simply mind blowing compared to QPR and most other teams in the Championship I suspect.
We are scraping around for 1 million here or trying for a huge sale of 5 or more million to help rebuild this team and Leeds just got 140 million into their pocket book .
I know its all relevent but it just is not a fair fight right now
Leeds in the money…. on 15:16 - Aug 20 with 2938 viewsstowmarketrange

Leeds in the money…. on 14:57 - Aug 20 by Juzzie

by stripping the club and not maintaining the stadium (has nice water features though)

And using the club’s money to buy it in the first place too.I wonder if I could do the same in SW6?
Leeds in the money…. on 15:20 - Aug 20 with 2911 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I think the Chelsea owners will be expecting to make a large return on their investment, as will others that they brought in.
Winning anything though is second to profit.
Leeds in the money…. on 15:30 - Aug 20 with 2805 viewsBlackCrowe

Bloody hell Brighton have moved out of minnow status - £40m

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Leeds in the money…. on 15:50 - Aug 20 with 2678 viewskernowhoop

Pay tax = lose money which would otherwise have been retained.
Make loss = lose money.
Which is the greater?
Leeds in the money…. on 15:59 - Aug 20 with 2621 viewsPaddyhoops

We got something like 4 million for a a 20 goal a season Charlie Austin .
Solanke went for 65 million. Even allowing for inflation it’s a lot .
Leeds in the money…. on 16:38 - Aug 20 with 2381 viewsQPR_Hibs

Leeds in the money…. on 15:59 - Aug 20 by Paddyhoops

We got something like 4 million for a a 20 goal a season Charlie Austin .
Solanke went for 65 million. Even allowing for inflation it’s a lot .

Austin was in the last six months of his contract, wasn't he? Just checked on Solanke and he signed a new deal with Bournemouth till 2027.

Didn't realise Solanke had come thru the Leaches puppy farm.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Leeds in the money…. on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 2254 viewsngbqpr

Leeds in the money…. on 15:30 - Aug 20 by BlackCrowe

Bloody hell Brighton have moved out of minnow status - £40m

Likewise Bournemouth the other day quickly splashing out two thirds of the Solanke dosh - all with their 12k capacity stadium...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Leeds in the money…. on 17:20 - Aug 20 with 2179 viewsstowmarketrange

Leeds in the money…. on 17:04 - Aug 20 by ngbqpr

Likewise Bournemouth the other day quickly splashing out two thirds of the Solanke dosh - all with their 12k capacity stadium...

Their record league attendance was over 25k for a game in April 1948.They lost 1-0 to the mighty QPR.I guess that was our promotion season and lots of our fans swelled the gate for them.
They don’t say how many were in deckchairs though.
Leeds in the money…. on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 1956 viewsPaddyhoops

Leeds in the money…. on 16:38 - Aug 20 by QPR_Hibs

Austin was in the last six months of his contract, wasn't he? Just checked on Solanke and he signed a new deal with Bournemouth till 2027.

Didn't realise Solanke had come thru the Leaches puppy farm.

Good point . Had forgotten he had six months left .
Leeds in the money…. on 18:35 - Aug 20 with 1874 viewsderbyhoop

Leeds in the money…. on 15:06 - Aug 20 by CLAREMAN1995

Thats the problem right there in black and white those figures are simply mind blowing compared to QPR and most other teams in the Championship I suspect.
We are scraping around for 1 million here or trying for a huge sale of 5 or more million to help rebuild this team and Leeds just got 140 million into their pocket book .
I know its all relevent but it just is not a fair fight right now

Preaching to the converted.
We all know that, in general, it's the money that drives success. It's why we are so pleased when some club upsets the Applecart. E.g. Leicester winning PL or Ipswich finishing 2nd.
[Post edited 20 Aug 21:24]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Leeds in the money…. on 19:24 - Aug 20 with 1736 viewsBoston

Avoidance,Old Chap! Surely one means 'deductible?'
[Post edited 20 Aug 19:26]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024