Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's talk about Reggie 23:16 - Aug 3 with 8790 viewsnumptydumpty

Mr Cannon - where are you ???

When we signed Reggie Cannon, we were all surprised.

25 caps for the not insignificant footballing nation of the United States and in his peak years as well, it seemed quite a signing considering it was done without knowledge before and hopes were obviously positive.

The reincarnation of Jimmy Dunne at right back has been fantastic but a player deemed good enough for many appearances for such a nation as THE U S of A.

Now Santos has been signed a right back also.

Thought Cannon would be used regularly but he is not even listed as injured.

We are told Fox, Dykes and Chair injured so anyone ITK about Reggie !!!
[Post edited 3 Aug 23:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Let's talk about Reggie on 23:22 - Aug 3 with 7862 viewsQPsyR

Ov corse Bib Marlee rulz

FKA AcidPixie

Let's talk about Reggie on 23:58 - Aug 3 with 7692 viewscolinallcars

His grand dad Rusty had a big hit record in the in 30s with the Ivor Novello song “shrimp boats is a-comin'”
Rusty's son Freddie had numerous hits in the 50s on the Top Rank label including “giddy up a ding dong”
Freddie hoped his two sons would carry on, but one became a fitter's welder and the other a welder"s fitter. One of them begat Reggie, whose football career ended abruptly when he joined a football club in West London, Europe called QPR
(Wiki)
Let's talk about Reggie on 00:27 - Aug 4 with 7604 viewsDannyPaddox

Let's talk about Reggie on 00:30 - Aug 4 with 7591 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think people were so glad to have anyone but Kakay that we overlooked Cannon not being particularly good at some key aspects of being a full-back, notably defending and attacking.

Signed a long old contract though so I assume we’re pretty keen to get rid.
Let's talk about Reggie on 00:38 - Aug 4 with 7562 viewsQPsyR

Let's talk about Reggie on 00:27 - Aug 4 by DannyPaddox

FKA AcidPixie

Let's talk about Reggie on 02:13 - Aug 4 with 7407 viewsBoston

I warned ya.

Reggie's problem isn't talent.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2:17]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Let's talk about Reggie on 02:50 - Aug 4 with 7359 viewsstrikerace

+1. This is true, and has always been the problem wherever he has been
Let's talk about Reggie on 08:49 - Aug 4 with 6814 viewsdmm

Cannon hasn't played a part in the last 3 games so there's clearly a problem. It's suggested above that it's his attitude and that's been an issue at previous clubs. Can anyone further explain?
Login to get fewer ads

Let's talk about Reggie on 09:09 - Aug 4 with 6653 viewsgazza1

Contrary what many said on this MB that he was a good player......well I have not seen it myself. He made a lot of very basic errors defending and whilst he did get forward a bit he was also not very good at it. Strange that he played so many games for USA but look at some of the plyers that have played quite a few games for England against nobody teams and this maybe it is the same with Cannon.

He will be offloaded soon, if we can get him off h books.
Let's talk about Reggie on 11:10 - Aug 4 with 6225 viewsbosh67

There is seemingly something up. Players only really grow by playing games and he doesn't seem to get that many games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Let's talk about Reggie on 11:14 - Aug 4 with 6198 viewssprocket

Pretty obvious MC doesn't fancy him. I suspect he will be off before the end of the month.
Let's talk about Reggie on 12:45 - Aug 4 with 5797 viewsdm97

If we can get any kind of fee for him, would end up being a win win given we signed him for nothing and at a time where we had nothing to spend doubt he is on much. Weird signing all round.
[Post edited 4 Aug 12:45]
Let's talk about Reggie on 12:47 - Aug 4 with 5775 viewsgazza1

I doubt the transfer cost us nothing......rarely do free's cost nothing.
Let's talk about Reggie on 13:52 - Aug 4 with 5543 viewslassel

As with Chair, the club are just waiting for someone to come along and pay the fee - likely an end of August transfer but I’m 99% sure he will go
Let's talk about Reggie on 14:06 - Aug 4 with 5424 viewsDavieQPR

Most of his caps were for sub appearances. Never made the last World Cup squad.
Let's talk about Reggie on 14:37 - Aug 4 with 5275 viewsconnell10

Looks extremely light weight and fragile to me.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Let's talk about Reggie on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 4799 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Let's talk about Reggie on 14:06 - Aug 4 by DavieQPR

Most of his caps were for sub appearances. Never made the last World Cup squad.

Moreover, the US football team has been nothing to write home about in recent years.

Still, Reggie is becoming a bit of an enigma. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.
Let's talk about Reggie on 20:49 - Aug 4 with 4588 viewsBakes

I saw him yesterday walking from Jack Tizard to the players entrance at about 2.30pm, the road was busy with fans, he had a security guy next to him and not one person approached him or noticed which probably says a lot.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Let's talk about Reggie on 22:29 - Aug 4 with 4325 viewsDorse

Let's talk about Reggie on 20:49 - Aug 4 by Bakes

I saw him yesterday walking from Jack Tizard to the players entrance at about 2.30pm, the road was busy with fans, he had a security guy next to him and not one person approached him or noticed which probably says a lot.

Do all the players have security or just him? Genuinely interested. I could understand Andersen needing a roided-up kaiju armed with a shitty stick to beat off his legions of fans, female and otherwise. But Reggie? Out of uniform, I reckon most people couldn't pick him out of a line up.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Let's talk about Reggie on 23:07 - Aug 4 with 4153 viewsTomS

Let's talk about Reggie on 00:30 - Aug 4 by Watford_Ranger

Think people were so glad to have anyone but Kakay that we overlooked Cannon not being particularly good at some key aspects of being a full-back, notably defending and attacking.

Signed a long old contract though so I assume we’re pretty keen to get rid.

Seemingly he has three years left on his four year contract, worth about Stg1.95m, which is about Stg12.5kpw per an internet site.

https://www.capology.com/player/reggie-cannon-35957/
Let's talk about Reggie on 19:27 - Aug 5 with 3196 viewsessextaxiboy

Let's talk about Reggie on 14:37 - Aug 4 by connell10

Looks extremely light weight and fragile to me.

He struggles with the physical stuff , we lost several goals when he was out muscled to a far post cross. Every corner felt like a penalty until Jimmy got back into the team .
Let's talk about Reggie on 10:46 - Aug 6 with 2408 viewsLazyFan

Let's talk about Reggie on 19:27 - Aug 5 by essextaxiboy

He struggles with the physical stuff , we lost several goals when he was out muscled to a far post cross. Every corner felt like a penalty until Jimmy got back into the team .

This.
Marti had enough of his lack of heading capability. He's tall enough and has a presence about him, but he does not use it well.

Cost us a goal against Norwich which put us 2-1 down and then Andersen did some magic and Frey's only goal to get us back level again.

Marti saw enough, played him once more and then sacked him off with the experiment known as the Irish Cafu. That says a lot about what he thought of not only Cannon but loyal Kakay as well. Marti took a risk and it worked. Credit the manager for trying that out and making it work when we were desperate for points.

Cannon is very good defensive position-wise, which makes it hard for wingers to beat him with pace. Hes so good at that, that many wingers don't even bother taking him on (which I think is poor of them). Due to his excellent positioning he is also excellent at interceptions as well. Managers like players who can get the ball from interceptions.

However, his tackling for a defender is very average. Hes not as good at it as our other defenders, not even as good as Field who is a midfielder. His heading capability which should be good is actually very poor.

When Marti talks of Santos, he talks of him being a RB playing RW only for now as we are short. Meaning if we get a RW in as recent reports say and the manager wants, then we shall now have 3 RB's at the club with Cannon being behind them all. If we can get rid he's defo off. I suspect he will be loaned out abroad or to another Champ club.

zzzzzzzzzz

Let's talk about Reggie on 11:21 - Aug 6 with 2319 viewsdaveB

Marti is pretty ruthless when he gives up on a player, that Stoke game appears to be the last straw, not really featured since

Same with Kakay after Millwall
Let's talk about Reggie on 17:29 - Aug 9 with 1413 viewsNorthernr

The truth is out there...

Let's talk about Reggie on 18:21 - Aug 9 with 1158 viewsDorse

Let's talk about Reggie on 17:29 - Aug 9 by Northernr

The truth is out there...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024