Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton Reflection 17:43 - Aug 3 with 9783 viewsbluenwhite10

Strange game really not much atmosphere with the ground which I guess was due 1/3 being closed

Marti has drilled them to play out of the back and it will work against lesser players within the championship but we nearly got caught out 2/3 times in the 1st half.but like I said I think it will work.

Brighton are a average premier league club but a very well run club and with a couple of 20 million players that alone equals more than the total cost of our squad but even though they had lots of possession we weren’t really outclassed.

I heard a few moans of that is 0 goals in the last 3 Saturday but being honest 2 of those games where against premiership opponents so I am not sure what peoples expectations are.

The new forward…was not going to get much of a look in today so let’s judge him after a few games in the championship.

I thought Field looked good today and Anderson was looking fitter and the keeper is good.

I am sure it has given Marti something to think about for next week when the real business starts but the spine of the team is starting to look strong in Paul, Steve , Jake, Sam and Jake.

No negatives from today Come On you R’s
Brighton Reflection on 17:53 - Aug 4 with 1871 viewsRangersw12

Brighton Reflection on 17:15 - Aug 4 by Logman

Lots of messages about how Brighton were a class above and we won't be up against anyone so good this term.

I didn't think they were that good.

Much more a case of us not offering anything.

Think we will play quite a few teams who will knock it about in a similar fashion as the Seagulls yesterday.

Like who ?

I can't see anyone having the calibre of player on the ball or press that Brighton showed tbh
Brighton Reflection on 18:05 - Aug 4 with 1827 viewsLogman

Hull last season, Burnley still pass it around nicely, Luton play high, Leeds, Cov, quite a few teams like Cardiff been making some good signings. Just didn't really think that Brighton were THAT good really.
Brighton Reflection on 21:17 - Aug 4 with 1645 viewsRangersDave

Brighton Reflection on 19:01 - Aug 3 by Northolt_Rs

This. We are toothless just like last season. We create next to zero goal scoring opportunities. I truly hope I’m wrong but this could be another long season ….

Lost track in the wilderness of the summer break, but have we dumped that prolific goal scoring 30 a season man............. drum roll if you please........... Lindon, i dont know where the net is, Dykes?

Just asking for a friend, you understand?
[Post edited 4 Aug 21:18]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Brighton Reflection on 21:43 - Aug 4 with 1577 viewsdmm

Brighton Reflection on 21:17 - Aug 4 by RangersDave

Lost track in the wilderness of the summer break, but have we dumped that prolific goal scoring 30 a season man............. drum roll if you please........... Lindon, i dont know where the net is, Dykes?

Just asking for a friend, you understand?
[Post edited 4 Aug 21:18]

No, he's still with us but he sustained an ankle injury not long after coming on as a sub v Reading.
Brighton Reflection on 22:17 - Aug 4 with 1492 viewsCateLeBonR

Brighton Reflection on 17:53 - Aug 4 by Rangersw12

Like who ?

I can't see anyone having the calibre of player on the ball or press that Brighton showed tbh

West Brom will potentially play similar to Brighton. So it was maybe fairly ideal preparation for our first match. I doubt we'll be as crap against them and I doubt they'll be as difficult as Brighton were.
Brighton Reflection on 23:15 - Aug 4 with 1404 viewsaj22ftg

Brighton Reflection on 23:59 - Aug 3 by californiahoop

Anderson shouldn’t be first choice and hopefully isn’t come the end of the window.

He will be, he’s the man MC wants to build his team around.
Brighton Reflection on 00:31 - Aug 5 with 1267 viewsVancouverHoop

Brighton Reflection on 19:41 - Aug 3 by Lblock

Really sorry but, based on what I’ve seen last couple of games, Jesus Anderson looks shot.
Real shame as I was hoping he’d get fit over summer and step up to replace Willockas that creative spark but looks miles off.

QPR need a striker
As it was so will it ever be.
Must be into a decade now that we’ve been saying this.

Still think we’ll be okay, especially if we can do better from attack based set pieces

Most of the match Andersen only had Celar or Kolli to feed, both with very little match experience. He was also getting nothing in the way of support behind from Colback or Field. I'd maybe give the guy a break, and a couple of meaningful matches, before writing him off completely.
Brighton Reflection on 14:23 - Aug 5 with 859 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just watched the 10 minute video from the Official website and found it a bit worrying .
We gave the ball away 5 times playing out from the back including that penalty so thats not great so deep into the preseason.
I read how people respect Brighton's speed and skill but most teams will take advantage if we keep that up.There was no point in giving the ball to JCS in that spot its just asking for it and we got it punished plus he nearly got injured in that tackle and taking the ball off the line earlier .He seems a bit slower but its just a video clip so lets see what Saturday brings .
Only 1 clear cut chance or did we have more not shown ?
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton Reflection on 16:02 - Aug 5 with 751 viewsOldPedro

Brighton Reflection on 22:17 - Aug 4 by CateLeBonR

West Brom will potentially play similar to Brighton. So it was maybe fairly ideal preparation for our first match. I doubt we'll be as crap against them and I doubt they'll be as difficult as Brighton were.

Looking at West Brom's pre-season friendlies, their results haven't been great:

3rd Aug Lost 4-1 at Brum
2nd Aug Lost 1-0 at Cambridge
27th July Lost 1-0 to Mallorca
23rd July Lost 2-1 to Blackpool
20th July Won 2-1 v Peterboro

Probably shouldn't read too much into friendly results

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Brighton Reflection on 18:17 - Aug 5 with 626 viewsAndyCH

Brighton Reflection on 17:05 - Aug 4 by E17hoop

This.

Mitoma - at £35m+ - cost more than our entire team and, as I said after Spurs, this was about minutes and trying things out against strong opposition.

Lack of goals? Of course but IMWT*.

*In Marti We Trust

@E17hoop
Mitoma cost Brighton just over £2m. With add ons it was about £2.5m.
Brighton Reflection on 22:46 - Aug 5 with 449 viewsE17hoop

Brighton Reflection on 18:17 - Aug 5 by AndyCH

@E17hoop
Mitoma cost Brighton just over £2m. With add ons it was about £2.5m.

Apologies - his value now is £35m.

I should have said 'would cost'.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024