Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles 20:29 - Aug 2 with 3862 viewsBklynRanger

I've been saving this subject for a premium moment like a hot Friday night such as this... so what's the reason for all plastic bottle tops now being stuck to the side of the twistable seal thing, to the extent that one has to move it out of the way before thirstily indulging in one's chosen beverage, or else break it off with extreme force?

Is it to make sure all the plastic gets recycled together and the tops don't get missed? Or is it a design feature that they all decided is a good idea, or something else I haven't thought of?

Any insight appreciated.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 20:31 - Aug 2 with 2906 viewsqpr_1968

that is doing my head in.....

how are the staff going to take the lids off at qpr....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 20:34 - Aug 2 with 2875 viewsRanger_Things

I read that bottle tops are one of the biggest causes of plastic litter, especially in oceans, rivers and on beaches. By tethering them they hope more will be recycled.
[Post edited 2 Aug 20:34]
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 20:39 - Aug 2 with 2845 viewsBklynRanger

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 20:34 - Aug 2 by Ranger_Things

I read that bottle tops are one of the biggest causes of plastic litter, especially in oceans, rivers and on beaches. By tethering them they hope more will be recycled.

So it is that simple. I see.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:05 - Aug 2 with 2744 viewsBluce_Ree

The design is actually alright when it works. Say you open it one way, like left, you're meant to then be able to pull it over to the right where the cap will be flat against the side of the neck.

Problems:

1. If you're drinking some sort of milk based drink. It will spill out of the lid and fk up your whole look.

2. 50% of the time, you can't get the lid to the otherside and one bit of the plastic snaps anyway.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:10 - Aug 2 with 2726 viewsGloryHunter

It is actually the result of an EU directive. And since the bottle manufacturers sell to a worldwide market, they will not be making special non-tethered bottle tops for Brexit Britain. This has recently been noted with fury in the pages of the Daily Telegraph and the Evening Standard.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:52 - Aug 2 with 2607 viewscolinallcars

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:10 - Aug 2 by GloryHunter

It is actually the result of an EU directive. And since the bottle manufacturers sell to a worldwide market, they will not be making special non-tethered bottle tops for Brexit Britain. This has recently been noted with fury in the pages of the Daily Telegraph and the Evening Standard.

That's it. I drink a lot of Oatly milk and really didn't like those caps at first.
You do get used to them eventually.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:53 - Aug 2 with 2605 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Yep, that simple. Did anyone notice that on your plastic milk carton the handle is now in the corner?
Reason?
To reduce plastic. By having the handle in the corner, rather than one of the sides, the plastic required to make the bottle can be reduced. Clever.
[Post edited 2 Aug 21:53]
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:59 - Aug 2 with 2556 viewsNorthernr

Oh God...
Login to get fewer ads

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:03 - Aug 2 with 2524 viewscolinallcars

Best shut this thread down Clive, it could turn nasty….
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:07 - Aug 2 with 2496 viewsBklynRanger

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:59 - Aug 2 by Northernr

Oh God...

This is important Clive.

I can confirm it is also happening in the EU. No idea about Australasia but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:21 - Aug 2 with 2436 viewsqprxtc

It’s basically to aid the insertion of said bottle into the rectum (nee Wrexham) whilst caring for the environment alongside personal pleasure.

Everyone’s a winner!
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:22 - Aug 2 with 2434 viewsted_hendrix

Ribena squash plastic bottles can be troublesome, on removing the cap for the first time you are met with a plastic value engineered systematic pull tag component with a 'ring pull'.
It Is your responsibility to hold the ring pull using one finger and one thumb whilst holding the undiluted Ribena bottle with your other hand you can then remove (by using the preferred pulling motion) the offending 'ring pull'.
Beware though as Is often the case If you make a sudden and careless 'pull' sometimes this can result In an explosion of undiluted Ribena discharging Itself all over the nice but expensive luxury vinyl flooring.

I struggle with plastic milk bottles too, why Is It I often ask myself that when I try to pull that stupid little tag thing It always snaps of In my hand? what kind of a fck pig designed milk bottle access like that?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:24 - Aug 2 with 2428 viewsrbee

The problem is people not the plastic.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:31 - Aug 2 with 2394 viewsRanger_Things

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 21:10 - Aug 2 by GloryHunter

I left out that detail so as to try and give Clive the evening off.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:45 - Aug 2 with 2333 viewsA40Bosh

Yes, it is an eu directive and I investigated this a month ago or so after arriving in to work with a splash of Huel protein drink ended up on my work shirt when I arrived in the office. My shaking it up pushed a load of the thick liquid into the lid area and when you tilt your neck back to get those last few dregs to get value for money the lid contents empty on to your shirt.

I now give great tongue to the lid before slurping the contents!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:57 - Aug 2 with 2291 viewsRanger_Things

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 22:24 - Aug 2 by rbee

The problem is people not the plastic.

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 00:02 - Aug 3 with 2177 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I don't care about the tops; I just would just like Cost-Co to re-thicken the still water bottles just so they don't leak at the slightest bump.

They are so thin how closing the (attached) lid invovlves the whole thing being crumpled water within or not.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 00:23 - Aug 3 with 2103 viewsToast_R

The paper wrapped bottles of Stella piss me off. What's that all about?
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 01:24 - Aug 3 with 2064 viewsFredManRave

Another great summers, out of football season, thread.

I was back recently, for the first time in a couple of months, and noticed this, so I'm assuiming it's a recent introduction?!

Was bloody annoying at the beginning but now I'm more understanding, having been educated as to the worthy reasons as to why.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2:01]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 09:15 - Aug 3 with 1816 viewsGloryHunter

The principle is good. Remember when beer cans had detachable ring-pulls? They used to get thrown away, and were razor-sharp if you trod on one on the beach. So the packaging industry introduced a ring-pull that stayed attached to the can - result. I'm sure lots of people complained about them at the time, though.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 09:23 - Aug 3 with 1790 viewsloftboy

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 09:15 - Aug 3 by GloryHunter

The principle is good. Remember when beer cans had detachable ring-pulls? They used to get thrown away, and were razor-sharp if you trod on one on the beach. So the packaging industry introduced a ring-pull that stayed attached to the can - result. I'm sure lots of people complained about them at the time, though.

They made great “flying saucers”

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 10:06 - Aug 3 with 1698 viewsngbqpr

I came here to make the same point ref Oatly Col - it's not just plastic bottles, it's carton-style receptacles too.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 10:13 - Aug 3 with 1685 viewstimcocking

I don’t like it either.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 10:17 - Aug 3 with 1676 viewsBklynRanger

Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 10:06 - Aug 3 by ngbqpr

I came here to make the same point ref Oatly Col - it's not just plastic bottles, it's carton-style receptacles too.

Right. Noted. Thank you. I'll do an extra slide on cartons.
Plastic bottle tops stuck to plastic bottles on 10:22 - Aug 3 with 1665 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Threads like this are life-affirming.

Fiddling with a bottle recently, I let rip with a salvo of anglo saxon language about why it was now so difficult to open the feckers.

Thank you Bklyn. Its not me or a sign of functional decline.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024