Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship 2024/25 16:20 - Aug 2 with 3987 viewsqpr_1968

really looking forward to this season, you can't beat the championship.
been to all the grounds in the division, so i'm going to select a few of my favourites.

i've already booked up digs for sunderland, last game because at least it can't be changed.

the others i've chosen are.....bristol city, cardiff, leeds, luton, watford, oxford,millwall, portsmouth and sunderland.

a good cup run, don't matter which, will be a bonus...and a surprise.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Championship 2024/25 on 16:27 - Aug 2 with 3513 views222gers

Yes, looking forward for the first time in a while - Sky will spoil it a bit but I doubt very much that we'll be nervously looking over our collective shoulders.
Championship 2024/25 on 17:02 - Aug 2 with 3410 viewsNorthantsHoop

For me it's all about our home form, been our achilles heel for a few seasons now, if we can get LR a tough place to come then we should have a good season. We have been turned over far too many times by average teams in this division at home, but signs that Marti was getting it right towards end of last season.
Championship 2024/25 on 17:20 - Aug 2 with 3357 viewsdmm

I think we're all looking forward to this season. Cifuentes has given us the belief we're an improving side.

I am getting a little worried that we're short of players but keep reminding myself there's still time to bring them in. It looks like we'll not see Chair for at least the first game and possibly one or two more. Given how reliant we are on him and who we're against, it could turn out to be a tough start to the season.
Championship 2024/25 on 17:40 - Aug 2 with 3309 viewsqpr_1968

Championship 2024/25 on 17:02 - Aug 2 by NorthantsHoop

For me it's all about our home form, been our achilles heel for a few seasons now, if we can get LR a tough place to come then we should have a good season. We have been turned over far too many times by average teams in this division at home, but signs that Marti was getting it right towards end of last season.

the away games i have to book off work, but i'm going to struggle with the 12.30 ko's at home as i work every saturday.....gotta a feeling there's more to come.

Championship 2024/25 on 18:38 - Aug 2 with 3213 viewsPaddyhoops

Avoided most of the pre season hype and both friendlies.
Looking forward to Saturday week . Seeing some old friends and hopefully avoiding the horrendous feeling of constantly looking upwards praying that dreadful teams like Birmingham have lost or done us a favour by beating someone else.
Would take top ten as big progress
Championship 2024/25 on 19:19 - Aug 2 with 3153 viewsSK_hoops

First season ticket in about 12 years due to work / band commitments, which I am now free of and I can't wait!
[Post edited 2 Aug 19:20]
Championship 2024/25 on 20:20 - Aug 2 with 2991 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm cautiously optimistic but don't currently see a lot of goals in the squad, so a lot rests for me on Celar's acculturation. The Reading game was grim grist to my thesis, friendly or not. Marti certainly appears to be getting more right than wrong, but we also had one or two indifferent showings on his watch, even though it could be argued the Leeds game played out as joyous vindication of everything he'd/we'd been working towards.

I guess we'll be (i) knock knock knocking on the playoffs door, (ii) comfortably mid-table or (iii) emitting bum squeaks.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Championship 2024/25 on 20:26 - Aug 2 with 2998 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’ll be honest- I’m not that optimistic. Not like last season pessimism by any means and I think we do have some very capable players but still feel we’re too reliant on Chair, not losing Clarke-Salter (transfer or injury) and Cook (injury) and the midfield is short.

That can change of course with signings. Kolli might be brilliant. Morrison might be a very able replacement. The goalkeeper could be brilliant. If we can get through August with five points from some horrible fixtures I’ll be happy and will believe.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship 2024/25 on 22:08 - Aug 2 with 2848 viewsqpr_1968

Championship 2024/25 on 19:19 - Aug 2 by SK_hoops

First season ticket in about 12 years due to work / band commitments, which I am now free of and I can't wait!
[Post edited 2 Aug 19:20]

enjoy it.......

Championship 2024/25 on 03:49 - Aug 3 with 2618 viewsFredManRave

"I guess we'll be (i) knock knock knocking on the playoffs door, (ii) comfortably mid-table or (iii) emitting bum squeaks".

Well you've covered all possibilities there Mr Elbow!

Personally, my main concern, is who is going to score the goals to at least make it an interesting season, such that we're still in with a chance of the play-off places with 5/10 games to go untl the end of the season.

It's a big ask of Celar door to be the main man and get into the 20's, which is what a top 6 club will likely need of their main striker.

So, then it's a case of where the rest of the goals will come from to keep the season entertaining until, at least, March, April.

I think we need another striker to give ourselves that chance.

Either that or Dunne does a Dunney in every other game...
[Post edited 3 Aug 3:51]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Championship 2024/25 on 08:01 - Aug 3 with 2507 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think we'll endure the scares of the last 2 seasons. However we are short of goals, unless Celar has an inspired season. We also seem to be light on numbers. We released 11, permanently or on loan and replaced with 5.
There's still time and we may get Varane, Frambotta and some PL loans.
ATM I'm looking at 16th. Again.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Championship 2024/25 on 13:04 - Aug 3 with 2322 viewsHAYESBOY

Might help first game.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Championship 2024/25 on 13:32 - Aug 3 with 2260 viewsswitchingcode

I remember those days not so long ago can’t beat the championship the best league in the world getting back there can’t come soon enough
Championship 2024/25 on 13:47 - Aug 3 with 2201 viewsHoopstar

Hardly surprising news on the WBA front - some big money gambles without the return. Remember watching Dike on his debut against us and thinking he looked terrifying, sounds like he's not due back till Jan 2025 at the earliest by which time he'll have been injured for 24/30 months at the club. That's a big financial millstone. Even with the summer releases, an ageing squad.

I'm excited for the season, think we'll finish 12th - 14th as things stand but hold out hope for better.
Championship 2024/25 on 16:30 - Aug 3 with 2083 viewsRangersw12

Looking forward to Plymouth, Oxford and Portsmouth away
Championship 2024/25 on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 1537 viewsqpr_1968

well the mighty championship gets under way tonight....

4 northern teams, shame they can't all lose.

blackburn v derby
pne v sheff utd

got no favourites among that lot.....so 2 draws will do.

Championship 2024/25 on 20:12 - Aug 9 with 1499 viewsTomS

I'm enjoying this moment in time, where I can look at other teams in the Championship and confidentiality convince myself " we're better than them" or "they'll struggle this season".

I don't think we'll compete for a top 6, as we still have no evidence that there are any goals in this team. We need Chair back on the pitch, but I'm unclear as to when this will happen, if at all! Is he being kept in cotton wool for a potential sale now that his Belgian Court issue has been resolved?
Championship 2024/25 on 21:20 - Aug 9 with 1386 viewsaston_hoop

Could do without playing a Sheff U side without Gus Hamer really though next week. Scored a delightful goal tonight and always has a cracker against us!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Championship 2024/25 on 21:22 - Aug 9 with 1371 viewspaulparker

I’d look forward to this season more without the vvankey kick off times

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Championship 2024/25 on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 1314 viewsMrSheen

I like seeing a player refusing to refuse to celebrate scoring against one of his old clubs, but then being have a soft spot for Blackburn.

And Szmodics scores again!
Championship 2024/25 on 18:35 - Aug 10 with 1083 viewsqpr_1968

was lucky to make ko today.....rushed around at work, bit of help from a few mates and this is probably my usual saturday for 12.30 kos, still i made it.

lots of pubs still full of qpr at the moment, or at least an hour ago, god knows what they'd have been like if we'd have won.

onwards and upwards.....at least we scored a goal.

Championship 2024/25 on 18:53 - Aug 10 with 1052 viewsNorthantsHoop

Watching the game I thought we went backwards in terms of how we need to set up against teams like West Brom. Also disappointed with the team selection knowing that the midfield had struggled in last couple of pre-season games. For all his toil and pace for me Smyth is not a starter, hopefully new signing will replace him, the Dunne right back experiment looks shot and Colback should be replaced. The other problem is strikers, we have to persevere with Celar, but he will struggle unless we can find someone who can cut through centre midfield. I thought basically we got our pants pulled down again at home and even Marti's post match interview acknowledged that. West Brom were the better side we looked slow and uninspiring, need some real pace in the side especially in the middle of the park.
Championship 2024/25 on 18:45 - Aug 11 with 808 viewsPaddyhoops

I see Wayne Rooney has hit the ground running with Plymouth. Ouch
Championship 2024/25 on 18:57 - Aug 11 with 788 viewsqpr_1968

Championship 2024/25 on 18:45 - Aug 11 by Paddyhoops

I see Wayne Rooney has hit the ground running with Plymouth. Ouch

kiss of death...

Championship 2024/25 on 19:16 - Aug 11 with 726 viewsPaddyhoops

Championship 2024/25 on 18:57 - Aug 11 by qpr_1968

kiss of death...

Very good point but thinking back on yesterday, that West Brom team were more than decent.
They’re going to be in around top six .
Plymouth nowhere near that .
Looking for positives.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024