Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announcement at Brighton Friendly 09:25 - Aug 2 with 12487 viewsnumptydumpty

Know we have the transfer thread but just highlighting this on its own.

Am thinking Varane will be announced on Saturday and possibly the Juventus defender, although that may depend on Paal being sold.

QPR have done this a few times in the past.

Anyone agree ??
[Post edited 2 Aug 9:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 14:30 - Aug 2 with 5255 viewsQPunkR

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 12:05 - Aug 2 by DavieQPR

Two. Fox played at LB until Stoke played him CB. My Watford supporting mate is not to happy with the signing as he had a bad time at Sheff Utd.

Good point, you're right. Although I shudder to imagine going through a season with Fox as our backup LB!

QPR - "shit but local"

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 15:01 - Aug 2 with 5095 viewsBlackCrowe

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:25 - Aug 2 by tkqpr

The transfer thread has been hijacked by mushroom jokes.....its not what it was unfortunately.

Some folk just cant wait to tell us all how clever and funny they are.

Oh that old chestnut, time to button it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 16:11 - Aug 2 with 4844 viewsHayesender

He'll probably end up signing for Reading

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 16:35 - Aug 2 with 4723 viewsMyke

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:48 - Aug 2 by QPROslo

Have the Club made it clear they are happy to move Paal on? I've not seen that and doubt they would do that in public either. Only seen rumour and speculation. I'm hoping this Italian player who doesn't seem to have played a lot of 1st team football for some years is an alternative to Paal, and more of a replacement for Larkeshe. Not sure Fox will be sufficient back up alone for either Frabotta or Paal.

Well as it was widely reported in the press including WLS that the Italian player's arrival was subject to Paal being sold I would suggest that he had a fair inkling that the club was prepared to sell him rather than lose his for nothing next summer.
Secondly I would say the decision to move Armstrong on while in a similar position contract wise , was the club putting down a clear marker that they are in charge of outgoing transfers, not the player(s) affected.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 16:44 - Aug 2 with 4595 viewsstainrods_elbow

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:31 - Aug 2 by Lblock

Better to have that thread than be kept in the dark....

Contrary to popular percpetion, I've always thought of myself as a fun gi!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 16:45 - Aug 2 with 4641 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 15:01 - Aug 2 by BlackCrowe

Oh that old chestnut, time to button it.

You speak the truffe!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 16:47 - Aug 2 with 4635 viewsguitarzan

Too many people talking Shitake on here
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 16:51 - Aug 2 with 4556 viewsstainrods_elbow

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 16:47 - Aug 2 by guitarzan

Too many people talking Shitake on here

To be fair, some of it's magic.

Login to get fewer ads

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 17:26 - Aug 2 with 4460 viewsDTIG

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:50 - Aug 2 by Stainrod

Absolutely.

For weeks now the general election thread has been far more active than the transfer window one.

Even though last time I checked the general election was settled.

There seem to be a minority of posters keen to contest a culture war.

Arguably its a good thing if people get out of their silos and debate with people of very different opinion.

But some seem far more animated on here about their political opinion than they are about their football club.

Perfectly legitimate - indeed sensible - to regard politics as more important than football, but as Clive says this is actually a football forum. As a liberal I should report that not a word written on this board by the Faragists has changed my mind on anything; and it would be arrogant in the extreme to imagine anything written by a liberal on here has changed the minds of the Faragists.

To get it back on subject, I'm fairly indifferent about the Italian and don't think its imminent. But I am curiously excited by the Varane potential signing. Even though I have never seen him play, nor had I heard of him until we were linked to him. Which probably makes me the worst kind of football fan just getting excited about players for the sake of it, who Clive has quite rightly satirised on here many times. But such a relief we seem to have moved on from the Jeff Hendrix years and are trying to develop young, skilful, technical players. Until he turns out to be the next Andre Dozzell...

Since when has politics been more important than football?
If you spend your Saturday afternoons watching re runs of Prime Ministers question time than down the Bush I seriously question your sanity! :-)

Politics has NEVER brought me happiness!
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 03:59 - Aug 3 with 3916 viewsFredManRave

I strongly believe that they'll be announcing that we'll be staying at Loftus Road due to having recently had it confirmed that we can dig down and increase capacity, whilst still having the additional option of buying the houses behind the school end to increase capacity even further.

And that Remy will be available for the play-offs..

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 06:28 - Aug 3 with 3804 viewsHoopsie

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 03:59 - Aug 3 by FredManRave

I strongly believe that they'll be announcing that we'll be staying at Loftus Road due to having recently had it confirmed that we can dig down and increase capacity, whilst still having the additional option of buying the houses behind the school end to increase capacity even further.

And that Remy will be available for the play-offs..

If we dig down, where is the pitch?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 07:57 - Aug 3 with 3671 viewsconnell10

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 06:28 - Aug 3 by Hoopsie

At the bottom I presume ??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 08:05 - Aug 3 with 3645 viewscpgerber

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:29 - Aug 2 by Northernr

TBF at least it's a football thread, and a QPR thread at that! On the QPR Message board!
I'm thinking of printing it out for a frame.

Hopefully is a temporary off-season trend to keep people busy, but the quality of posts have greatly deteriorated lately. The “clever” word-play puns especially have become annoying. I find them childish, but get it that others find them hilarious and witty. To each his own. The 10+ page threads have become a real drag to follow, trying to filter out some meaningful topic related content.

As for Paal, I think he is well aware that he is being sold because of his contract situation. Perhaps the club is still hoping he will sign a new deal, otherwise I am surprised he has featured so much in pre-season. You don’t want to risk injury to a sellable asset nor do pre-season with him and then start the season with a brand new LB. I won’t be surprised if this turns out to be a Willock situation, but do expect Paal to be way more professional about it.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 08:49 - Aug 3 with 3463 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 06:28 - Aug 3 by Hoopsie

Above us. Only Sky.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:07 - Aug 3 with 3270 viewsdubaistu

Morning all - do we know the ETA for the players as my son is keen on getting some autographs, pics etc. cheers
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 12:16 - Aug 3 with 3069 viewskernowhoop

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 07:57 - Aug 3 by connell10

At the bottom I presume ??

Yes. Being in a bit of a hole, we would decide eventually to stop digging. By the way, that camera on the gantry in the SB Stand, which has to be tilted vertically to get a view of a throw-in, would have to have a powerful zoom lens, wouldn't it?
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:25 - Aug 3 with 2544 viewsCateLeBonR

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 11:23 - Aug 2 by DannyPaddox

I guess you won’t be buying this season’s amanita muscaria inspired goalkeeper’s jersey.
[Post edited 2 Aug 11:42]

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 05:41 - Aug 4 with 1623 viewsstainrods_elbow

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 08:05 - Aug 3 by cpgerber

Hopefully is a temporary off-season trend to keep people busy, but the quality of posts have greatly deteriorated lately. The “clever” word-play puns especially have become annoying. I find them childish, but get it that others find them hilarious and witty. To each his own. The 10+ page threads have become a real drag to follow, trying to filter out some meaningful topic related content.

As for Paal, I think he is well aware that he is being sold because of his contract situation. Perhaps the club is still hoping he will sign a new deal, otherwise I am surprised he has featured so much in pre-season. You don’t want to risk injury to a sellable asset nor do pre-season with him and then start the season with a brand new LB. I won’t be surprised if this turns out to be a Willock situation, but do expect Paal to be way more professional about it.

Out of interest, do you include yourself in that downbeat assessment, or exempt yourself fromt it? For what it's worth, I found your post rather uptight, boring and sententious.

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 1027 viewsQPROslo

Varane now Official.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:07 - Aug 4 with 992 viewsbosh67

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:04 - Aug 4 by QPROslo

Varane now Official.

Just saw that. Good luck to the lad. Probably a wiser club move than Hayden at 29 as good as Hayden was. One career goal I see (admittedly he is a defensive midfielder) but with the single goal he should fit in perfectly.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:09 - Aug 4 with 974 viewsRanger_Things

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:04 - Aug 4 by QPROslo

Varane now Official.

I just watched his interview. He speaks very well, I like him already. However I’m slightly disappointed he’s only going to give 100%. I was hoping for at least 110, someone needs to tell him we are a massive massive club.
[Post edited 4 Aug 10:11]
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 11:43 - Aug 4 with 797 viewsPdog

Historic club too, oh wait they already tell them that..
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 12:35 - Aug 4 with 632 viewsDorse

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:09 - Aug 4 by Ranger_Things

I just watched his interview. He speaks very well, I like him already. However I’m slightly disappointed he’s only going to give 100%. I was hoping for at least 110, someone needs to tell him we are a massive massive club.
[Post edited 4 Aug 10:11]

Bastard. Always said he was a wrong-un.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024