Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies 21:38 - Jul 31 with 29761 viewsconnell10

Well we need a win so 2-1 to the R,s
[Post edited 31 Jul 21:39]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 06:04 - Aug 4 with 1474 viewshoops_legend

Have I missed something? This was another pre season and all the comments on here are like the titanic is going down??

Perhaps lack of goals is worrying - but no chair and no willock is something we haven’t had for a long time. Chair will be back in and we will improve - I am afraid we will miss Willock a little bit!

But certainly no reason to panic yet
[Post edited 4 Aug 6:04]

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 07:37 - Aug 4 with 1223 viewsdmm

After seeing all the friendlies, bar Fulham, I share many of the worries expressed but with the obvious rider that we'll be playing Championship and not Premier League opposition. We will be a lot more competitive.

I think we'll be okay but Cifuentes still has a lot of work to do if he wants the team to play out from the back. I wonder how much he'll have to compromise on this because the team continues to struggle to play that way when aggressively pressed. Yesterday Andersen often dropped deep to try to help out but that meant he was missing upfield when the ball went forward.

I note that in his post match comments Cifuentes conceded that playing a more direct game from the back may be needed at times. It will be interesting to see what happens next Saturday.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 08:32 - Aug 4 with 1051 viewsSydneyRs

Reading between the lines I'm getting a bit concerned that Marti is starting to become frustrated with the lack of resources. There would be no shortage of interest in him if that was the case.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 09:26 - Aug 4 with 910 viewsHoopsie

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 08:32 - Aug 4 by SydneyRs

Reading between the lines I'm getting a bit concerned that Marti is starting to become frustrated with the lack of resources. There would be no shortage of interest in him if that was the case.

Marti came into this job with eyes wide open, he knew what he is getting with the Beale-Critchley-Ainsworth tenure, the board, the academy, the lack of funds, the FFP punishment, he got good sense of the players we had upon the time of arrival, having have had the time to “study” the club while he was still with hammarby. So I find it hard to believe that he will be frustrated and ready to give up so easily so soon. If anything, we could see his tactical ability in his improvisation and pragmatism and having the club improving in other areas like player and staff acquisition, and a fan base that went from hopelessness at the beginning of last season to a contented lot in the demolition of the west Yorkshire giants, I would like to think he is here to stay, maybe a lot longer.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 09:41 - Aug 4 with 839 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 09:26 - Aug 4 by Hoopsie

Marti came into this job with eyes wide open, he knew what he is getting with the Beale-Critchley-Ainsworth tenure, the board, the academy, the lack of funds, the FFP punishment, he got good sense of the players we had upon the time of arrival, having have had the time to “study” the club while he was still with hammarby. So I find it hard to believe that he will be frustrated and ready to give up so easily so soon. If anything, we could see his tactical ability in his improvisation and pragmatism and having the club improving in other areas like player and staff acquisition, and a fan base that went from hopelessness at the beginning of last season to a contented lot in the demolition of the west Yorkshire giants, I would like to think he is here to stay, maybe a lot longer.

Agree let's face it we are nowhere near the likes of Brighton and Spurs yet, so not reading too much into these games. I was at the Spurs game and thought we played pretty well, bit off the pace at Reading. For me need to get an attacking central midfielder in as Colback and Field just don't seem to be the right combination in driving forward. Main worry is lack of goals but we have to see if Celar is the man, Smyth starting on the right is not an option, he is late game sub impact player when defenders are tiring and his finishing is woeful.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 09:54 - Aug 4 with 787 viewsAndybrat

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 09:41 - Aug 4 by NorthantsHoop

Agree let's face it we are nowhere near the likes of Brighton and Spurs yet, so not reading too much into these games. I was at the Spurs game and thought we played pretty well, bit off the pace at Reading. For me need to get an attacking central midfielder in as Colback and Field just don't seem to be the right combination in driving forward. Main worry is lack of goals but we have to see if Celar is the man, Smyth starting on the right is not an option, he is late game sub impact player when defenders are tiring and his finishing is woeful.

Field and EDB should be the combination assuming Varane not match fit yet.Agree with all about pre season games don’t necessarily matter. Yesterday was weird as far as atmosphere ( none) I wasn’t in my usual seat by the time I got used to that the game finished. I think we can play without Chair or Willock but not both ( no choice now). Can Kolli play on the right? See you for brunch next Saturday ( what time does C&S open?) let the real fun begin COYRS
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 13:09 - Aug 4 with 585 viewsHooping_Mad

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 17:08 - Aug 3 by paulparker

And then got no where near the play offs despite spunking our budget on crap , it’s a friendly with a squad that still will need 4 new players

It was more a point about our ability to compete and score goals but I take the point. however I don't see much of that against what we've faced in preseason. I'd go as far as to say Nardi has saved Marti fair bit of face in the last 4 games.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024