Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies 21:38 - Jul 31 with 32632 viewsconnell10

Well we need a win so 2-1 to the R,s
[Post edited 31 Jul 21:39]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 18:27 - Aug 3 with 2805 viewsRangersw12

We won't play a team half as good in the Championship. I thought we were pretty solid but without creating much

Keeper looks very good and seems a massive upgrade on Begovic.

Central midfield is a massive problem when you play Field and Colback as they're both very one dimensional and do similar roles . We desperately need a ball carrier and someone to take the ball on the half turn .

I'm also think Dunne will be found out next season playing at RB so I'm hoping Cannon can step up although the fact he wasn't involved suggests to me Marti doesn't rate.him.

We won't concede many but also won't score many unless we get some pace into the side
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 18:46 - Aug 3 with 2635 viewsE17hoop

Not going to rehash what everyone else has said but two points which I haven't read here.

Firstly Andersen had a mare. On his heels too many times, gave the ball away, kept moving to the right meaning Smyth had no space to play - their LB #30 was super but narrow and kept chasing down Andersen

We need a right footer in CM. Both Colback and Field turn to their tight when they get the ball, look up and send it with their left on a left right angle to the RW. I felt a bit sorry for Kolli because he got so little ball today.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 18:59 - Aug 3 with 2505 viewsmart_Goblin

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 18:19 - Aug 3 by rbee

The word from the club is that Chair is out with a back injury.

I don't think it's beyond the realms to suggest that his absence is connected to his Belgian escapade.

It’s just too big a coincidence isn’t it?
Maybe rules that he can’t play whilst he has to so the CS.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:05 - Aug 3 with 2452 viewsBlackCrowe

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 18:59 - Aug 3 by mart_Goblin

With the exception of Smyth, we have no pace. And Smyth is a second half sub imo.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:07 - Aug 3 with 2440 viewsconnell10

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 18:27 - Aug 3 by Rangersw12

We won't play a team half as good in the Championship. I thought we were pretty solid but without creating much

Keeper looks very good and seems a massive upgrade on Begovic.

Central midfield is a massive problem when you play Field and Colback as they're both very one dimensional and do similar roles . We desperately need a ball carrier and someone to take the ball on the half turn .

I'm also think Dunne will be found out next season playing at RB so I'm hoping Cannon can step up although the fact he wasn't involved suggests to me Marti doesn't rate.him.

We won't concede many but also won't score many unless we get some pace into the side

Sorry totally disagree about Dunne, he has been one of our best players in the friendlys.....Cannon is no where near as good!

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:09 - Aug 3 with 2427 viewsjohann28

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:07 - Aug 3 by connell10

Sorry totally disagree about Dunne, he has been one of our best players in the friendlys.....Cannon is no where near as good!

meee twwwo
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:12 - Aug 3 with 2385 viewsrbee

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 18:59 - Aug 3 by mart_Goblin

Or some internal discipline, possibly both.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:21 - Aug 3 with 2329 viewsmart_Goblin

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:12 - Aug 3 by rbee

Or some internal discipline, possibly both.

Yes agreed. Would have been heavily fined too
Login to get fewer ads

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:44 - Aug 3 with 2231 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:21 - Aug 3 by mart_Goblin

Yes agreed. Would have been heavily fined too

Whatever the reason, his non-appearance in any of the friendlies suggests he won't be match fit for next Saturday, which has to be a bit of a worry.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:56 - Aug 3 with 2184 viewsaston_hoop

Varane was at the game today it seems.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 20:01 - Aug 3 with 2143 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 17:55 - Aug 3 by Myke

Solid defensively but missing Chair 's drive and ability. Willock has been mentioned as a loss but I think Armstrong is an even bigger hole to replace. Barely missed on here but we certainly missed his pace and directness over the past couple of friendlies. Not prolific enough of course but at least gave oppo defences something to think about.

Not sure I agree re Sinclair. He started in a friendly today for Bristol City and one of their supporters described his first touch like he was ‘playing in wellies’. We’re well shot of him and his Billy big bollox attitude.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 20:05 - Aug 3 with 2135 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Big jump between PL and Championship. A great test for the team, especially defensively, and that is no bad thing . The big learning was that you have to get the press right upfront else you get picked off, and that will improve from that game.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 20:24 - Aug 3 with 2074 viewsHAYESBOY

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 19:56 - Aug 3 by aston_hoop

Varane was at the game today it seems.

Oh bugger, hes not signing then..............

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 20:58 - Aug 3 with 1935 viewssaxbend

I think as well as the level of opposition we've faced, another factor worth bearing in mind, and Marti alluded to it in his post match interview is that tactically we weren't playing to put the result first. When there are no points to play for, nor a place in a next round, the aims of getting certain players a number of minutes, and getting players used to playing in certain positions with particular combinations of people and particular tactics take priority over finding an equaliser or a winner. There's no way Cifuentes would have asked the players to take the approach they took today if there were points available, but there weren't and he had other things in mind.

If we don't have Chair and Dykes available next week, no question West Brom will be bloody difficult, but we'll definitely spend more time in their half than we did in Brighton's today I'm sure.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 21:04 - Aug 3 with 1903 viewsSpaceman_P

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 20:24 - Aug 3 by HAYESBOY

Oh bugger, hes not signing then..............

playing for Sporting Gijon, trust me, what he saw today was miles better and more exciting and in Spain Sporting are my team... would love for them to be in La Liga, but they need money and in a way I am happy QPR is helping them out a bit.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 1842 viewsizlingtonhoop

If I'm not logged in there's an advert for 'walk in showers'

Interesting to know what other ways people alternatively and regularly enter a shower...?
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 21:45 - Aug 3 with 1690 viewsGaryHaddock

Sorry if it's been mentioned. How did the Slovenian lad play?
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 22:16 - Aug 3 with 1524 viewsHAYESBOY

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 21:04 - Aug 3 by Spaceman_P

playing for Sporting Gijon, trust me, what he saw today was miles better and more exciting and in Spain Sporting are my team... would love for them to be in La Liga, but they need money and in a way I am happy QPR is helping them out a bit.

Was def watching.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 22:16 - Aug 3 with 1517 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 21:45 - Aug 3 by GaryHaddock

We won't find out until somebody passes the ball in his general direction.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 22:20 - Aug 3 with 1484 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 21:45 - Aug 3 by GaryHaddock

IMHO, the judgements and considerations should be left until the end of August, which is when we are more likely to get in the players the team needs. That is how it's been for a few seasons now so I'm not got to get all bent out of shape before the season starts.
Hopefully any additions will hit the ground running.

The grass is always greener.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 22:31 - Aug 3 with 1412 viewsGaryHaddock

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 22:20 - Aug 3 by Esox_Lucius

IMHO, the judgements and considerations should be left until the end of August, which is when we are more likely to get in the players the team needs. That is how it's been for a few seasons now so I'm not got to get all bent out of shape before the season starts.
Hopefully any additions will hit the ground running.

I don’t disagree, but not had a chance to see him play yet so was curious.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 23:23 - Aug 3 with 1237 viewsDannyPaddox

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 22:16 - Aug 3 by HAYESBOY

Was def watching.

And there’s the new left-back Mustapa Nishoo
[Post edited 3 Aug 23:24]
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 23:23 - Aug 3 with 1239 viewsconnell10

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 20:58 - Aug 3 by saxbend

I think as well as the level of opposition we've faced, another factor worth bearing in mind, and Marti alluded to it in his post match interview is that tactically we weren't playing to put the result first. When there are no points to play for, nor a place in a next round, the aims of getting certain players a number of minutes, and getting players used to playing in certain positions with particular combinations of people and particular tactics take priority over finding an equaliser or a winner. There's no way Cifuentes would have asked the players to take the approach they took today if there were points available, but there weren't and he had other things in mind.

If we don't have Chair and Dykes available next week, no question West Brom will be bloody difficult, but we'll definitely spend more time in their half than we did in Brighton's today I'm sure.

That involves not having any shots on target...interesting and inventive tactics mate.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 23:48 - Aug 3 with 1187 viewsHoopsie

If Eze not sold we don’t have the funds to buy or attract good players

How many do we need - creative midfielders, attacking forwards, left back?

Even if have the money to spend, we need to sell to balance FFP

It is not looking good but explains why we are in the championship and not the PL

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 23:51 - Aug 3 with 1176 viewsDannyPaddox

Friday: Cambridge 1 WBA 0
Saturday: Brum 4 WBA 1

Bad news … we’re going out of the Carabobo Round 1
Good news … we’re gonna smash WBA 0-0

Never stop believing 🙏🏼
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024