Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we weak at left back?? 13:52 - Jul 28 with 8937 viewsJules4367

Not a criticism, not a moan but an observation which I hope the team have seen.

Time and again for the last two seasons goals have come from teams getting round the back and Paal not being able (or willing) to commit to tackling and it is noticeable that the goal came from that same area yesterday.

Does Paal need support on our left?
Are we weak at left back?? on 22:21 - Jul 29 with 3822 viewsTonto

Paal is OK. Consistently OK. Rarely atrocious, rarely fantastic. Sometimes being a 6 out of 10 every week is a good thing.

But given he only has a year left on His contact oif Watford or someone else offered us a 6 or 7 figure sum, we take it.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Are we weak at left back?? on 17:00 - Jul 30 with 3635 viewsE15Hoop

Are we weak at left back?? on 12:06 - Jul 29 by kernowhoop

The club must know best, but this move disappoints me. I saw him as part of the squad - versatile and an under-developed talent. I hope that he comes back better for the Dundee experience.

Yeah, I felt the same - at least going forwards, as his tenacious assist for one of the goals at home v Stoke showed.

You have to feel, though, its a case of being loaned out to Dundee with a view to sell, rather than with a view to developing, otherwise what was the point of us picking him up last season after he'd done a year out at Barnsley?
Are we weak at left back?? on 17:14 - Jul 30 with 3596 viewsbosh67

Do we really need a left back in the modern game? I mean it's all very old school 4-4-2. If we just bring the pitch in on the left back side we can put more seats in for more fans and just have 2 CBs and a right back? More revenue and a smaller squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Are we weak at left back?? on 18:20 - Jul 30 with 3464 viewsCateLeBonR

Are we weak at left back?? on 17:00 - Jul 30 by E15Hoop

Yeah, I felt the same - at least going forwards, as his tenacious assist for one of the goals at home v Stoke showed.

You have to feel, though, its a case of being loaned out to Dundee with a view to sell, rather than with a view to developing, otherwise what was the point of us picking him up last season after he'd done a year out at Barnsley?

My inquisitive mind is wondering why there is no comment from Mr Nourry. Just a plain old 'Good luck Ziyad'.

Still Dundee not a terrible move for him. I enjoyed some of his performances but if it allows us room for more/better signings then, erm, good luck Ziyad.
Are we weak at left back?? on 19:04 - Jul 30 with 3333 viewsjeffranger

Allegedly a Italian left back coming in but editing for Paal to leave if he does
Are we weak at left back?? on 19:47 - Jul 30 with 3234 viewsNorthernr

Are we weak at left back?? on 19:04 - Jul 30 by jeffranger

Allegedly a Italian left back coming in but editing for Paal to leave if he does

Looks fcking quality if we can pull that one off.
Are we weak at left back?? on 19:56 - Jul 30 with 3178 viewsMyke

Wasn't Milanese a LB? He was fun
Are we weak at left back?? on 20:27 - Jul 30 with 3056 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Paal is not perfect. As others said, he definitely gets targeted with high diagonals to a tall striker and there were games last season when he was losing every contest. However, he's rarely injured, generally solid and chips in with the odd vital goal. Compared to the likes of Kakay at right back, he must have been one of the first names on the team sheet. However, if we can get £2.5m and get a decent replacement in then it's a no-brainer in the last year of his contract.
[Post edited 30 Jul 20:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Are we weak at left back?? on 20:30 - Jul 30 with 3043 viewsdm97

Are we weak at left back?? on 19:47 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Looks fcking quality if we can pull that one off.

Do we know anything about him / have any insiders that do? Enjoying having never heard of any of our signings this summer
Are we weak at left back?? on 23:08 - Jul 30 with 2882 viewsnumptydumpty

Are we weak at left back?? on 20:30 - Jul 30 by dm97

Do we know anything about him / have any insiders that do? Enjoying having never heard of any of our signings this summer

Nourry clearly has learnt all he knows from football manager

Probably took Hitchin Town to champions league glory

So all these hidden gems, who none of us have ever heard of, am expecting two or three to be competing for the balon dor in three years time and this new four year plan will culminate in premier league and champions league glory.

It's an inevitable destination !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Are we weak at left back?? on 17:53 - Jul 31 with 2597 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yes I do feel we are weak at left back, Paal is OK but he makes far too many mistakes for my liking as demonstrated in the Reading goal the other day, gets caught napping a bit, if we can get some decent money for him and replace him with a more solid alternative then fine.
Are we weak at left back?? on 13:06 - Aug 4 with 2157 viewsaston_hoop

Larkeche making his debut away in the Dundee Derby this afternoon, on the telly I believe

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Are we weak at left back?? on 18:31 - Aug 4 with 1974 viewsmart_Goblin

Are we weak at left back?? on 13:06 - Aug 4 by aston_hoop

Larkeche making his debut away in the Dundee Derby this afternoon, on the telly I believe

Played the full 90 and looked neat and tidy I thought
Are we weak at left back?? on 18:34 - Aug 4 with 1955 viewsgazza1

Are we weak at left back?? on 18:31 - Aug 4 by mart_Goblin

Good, means a transfer and more income for a QPR player that is not good enough for the championship.
Are we weak at left back?? on 19:25 - Aug 4 with 1887 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are we weak at left back?? on 18:31 - Aug 4 by mart_Goblin

On Livescore it says he played LWB. Always looked clueless in a back four and not enough composure to play left wing but that’ll suit him more I’m sure. Or it says a lot about the level that he looks so competent there.

Nearly 23 and very few senior games behind him so if he’s going to make it at a good level (hopefully with us) he needs a solid 30+ starts there to wise up.
Are we weak at left back?? on 21:19 - Aug 4 with 1778 viewsmart_Goblin

Are we weak at left back?? on 19:25 - Aug 4 by Watford_Ranger

On Livescore it says he played LWB. Always looked clueless in a back four and not enough composure to play left wing but that’ll suit him more I’m sure. Or it says a lot about the level that he looks so competent there.

Nearly 23 and very few senior games behind him so if he’s going to make it at a good level (hopefully with us) he needs a solid 30+ starts there to wise up.

Yes he played LWB. Much better in an advanced position
Are we weak at left back?? on 22:18 - Aug 4 with 1668 viewsnumptydumpty

Are we weak at left back?? on 21:19 - Aug 4 by mart_Goblin

Yes he played LWB. Much better in an advanced position

I always liked what I have seen with Larkeche.

He is still only 21. I think this loan move is ideal and his skill levels may very well increase and hopefully he could be a first choice left back at championship level in good time.

Think all round it's a good move.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Are we weak at left back?? on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 1352 viewsFrankRightguard

The Italian left back signed for West Brom today so at least we’ll get a look at what we could’ve won on Saturday. Incidentally, aren’t West Brom supposed to have an embargo?
Are we weak at left back?? on 00:59 - Aug 7 with 1160 viewsBoston

As long as we're not weak every week.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Are we weak at left back?? on 17:02 - Aug 7 with 925 viewsstinkydad

Are we weak at left back?? on 22:20 - Aug 6 by FrankRightguard

The Italian left back signed for West Brom today so at least we’ll get a look at what we could’ve won on Saturday. Incidentally, aren’t West Brom supposed to have an embargo?

No, not an embargo - an EFL-imposed "business plan".

Any business they do has to be approved by the EFL.
Are we weak at left back?? on 06:51 - Aug 8 with 793 viewsbygoneswill

Are we weak at left back?? on 22:08 - Jul 29 by gazza1

Paal is the least of our worries, we need a striker and, perhaps, another CM player.

As for Larkeche, send him out and sell him if we can - not good enough.

I couldn't agree more with this.
Are we weak at left back?? on 17:31 - Aug 8 with 694 viewsMonkey_Roots

Pushing Kolli's thread off page 1...
Are we weak at left back?? on 17:42 - Aug 8 with 668 viewsRangersw12

Are we weak at left back?? on 17:31 - Aug 8 by Monkey_Roots

Pushing Kolli's thread off page 1...

Are you ok ?
Are we weak at left back?? on 18:50 - Aug 8 with 652 viewsconnell10

Are we weak at left back?? on 17:42 - Aug 8 by Rangersw12

Are you ok ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Are we weak at left back?? on 01:25 - Aug 12 with 459 viewsJules4367

Ok, so now having seen two goals against us resulting from beating Paal on our left and crossing to score_ as teams did consistently last year and in the pre-season friendlies_ has anyone changed their pro Paal stance or consider that he needs support?

I like hime further forward but he lets people go past him and cross to our centre time and again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024