Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique 08:11 - Jul 26 with 39017 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bienvenue mes amis!

Will be glued to the screen for the next few weeks, watching anything and everything. The Olympics are my favourite sporting event ever since I got hooked on the 1972 games.

Arrived in Paris yesterday. Amazing to see so many French people smiling, being polite, and offering service without the Gallic shrug of indifference!

I know Derby is up next week, anyone else visiting? If so, lets reserve tables at the Georges V and push on from there.

Allez les Brits!!

Edit: weather not looking good for the OC tonight.
[Post edited 26 Jul 8:20]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:16 - Aug 1 with 1995 viewsNed_Kennedys

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:21 - Aug 1 by Watford_Ranger

I believe she isn’t trans but born with some sort of hormonal imbalance. Competed at the last Olympics (not particularly successfully) and cleared by the Olympic bods but banned from some other tournament with a different regulator. I don’t think trans women should be in female sport especially boxing but it feels wrong to ban someone for being born as they are.
[Post edited 1 Aug 17:11]

It wasn’t really ‘some other tournament’: it was the World Championships.
Telling the two individuals in question didn’t bother appealing their bans.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:19 - Aug 1 with 1980 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:14 - Aug 1 by Metallica_Hoop

I realised that after, there was some confusion in the reports I read.

Looks like a trans though!

Yeah, reading through many of the articles most are loath to mention it either due to privacy concerns, fear of being labelled woke, or just pure shit journalism.

Clive would have a better answer I guess.

As for looks, that’s a symptom of hormone imbalance I would imagine.
[Post edited 1 Aug 17:20]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:21 - Aug 1 with 1951 viewsWatford_Ranger

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:16 - Aug 1 by Ned_Kennedys

It wasn’t really ‘some other tournament’: it was the World Championships.
Telling the two individuals in question didn’t bother appealing their bans.

Yeah they couldn’t because the rules are different. I don’t know if it’s the World Champs or the Olympics who are right or wrong. My point was it’s wrong to conflate this with the issue of trans women in sport because it’s not the same thing or even really close. If it’s simply a case of being born a certain way then it feels wrong to ban her for that but then it’s probably a lot more complex than that and I hadn’t heard of her this time yesterday as I suspect most of us hadn’t.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:26 - Aug 1 with 1912 viewsChrisNW6

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:15 - Aug 1 by Malintabuk

It will be a total shame that an athlete that as trained, sweated, and pushed for 4 years to compete, to just not do that, compete.
But fully agree if they get in the ring and then just throw the towel in before the match, it will say more about this travesty than anything else.
It will also devalue the medal which imo the OC have already done
Yes there as to be more diversity and more understanding in this life, but unfortunately this is not a fair match and it has to be rethink how we can include these athletes

Not a trans athlete though.

She has identified throughout life as a woman and passed the WADA tests. Been in women's boxing for years with no issue. She is a women.

The IOC have sat on this since May 2023 and need to test further to understand if there is a potentially beneficial increase in testosterone. What do we do, ban all manly looking women.

This is not a trans issue.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:27 - Aug 1 with 1905 viewsconnell10

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:21 - Aug 1 by Watford_Ranger

I believe she isn’t trans but born with some sort of hormonal imbalance. Competed at the last Olympics (not particularly successfully) and cleared by the Olympic bods but banned from some other tournament with a different regulator. I don’t think trans women should be in female sport especially boxing but it feels wrong to ban someone for being born as they are.
[Post edited 1 Aug 17:11]

If the person has a penis and no womb then that person is a man. Therefore should not be competing against a person with a vagina and womb as that person is a woman. Petty straightforward.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:31 - Aug 1 with 1895 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:27 - Aug 1 by connell10

If the person has a penis and no womb then that person is a man. Therefore should not be competing against a person with a vagina and womb as that person is a woman. Petty straightforward.

What if the person has neither or both, or is ambiguous like 1.7% of the world population?

Not straightforward at all.

I’ll bow out as I feel there is a lot of bad faith pushing this as some kind of political outrage when it’s a legislation issue that needs careful thought and scientific / medical consideration.

I don’t mean you by the way Connell you are a gentleman!
[Post edited 1 Aug 17:46]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:45 - Aug 1 with 1838 viewsNed_Kennedys

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:31 - Aug 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

What if the person has neither or both, or is ambiguous like 1.7% of the world population?

I’ll bow out as I feel there is a lot of bad faith pushing this as some kind of political outrage when it’s a legislation issue that needs careful thought and scientific / medical consideration.

What is pretty straightforward is that if a person has in any way got male hormones and a strength advantage to the extent that a female competitor feels unsafe to compete despite years of training and being the best in her country then they should not be allowed to compete.
Boxing is a brutal sport at the best of times with a level playing field.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:52 - Aug 1 with 1813 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:45 - Aug 1 by Ned_Kennedys

What is pretty straightforward is that if a person has in any way got male hormones and a strength advantage to the extent that a female competitor feels unsafe to compete despite years of training and being the best in her country then they should not be allowed to compete.
Boxing is a brutal sport at the best of times with a level playing field.

There is no such thing as a male hormone.

If you mean testosterone, woman have that too and all ‘female’ winners including the Italian have in a lot if not most cases benefited from superior testosterone level than their opponent.

It’s where you draw the line that is the issue. That’s a job for medical science not GB news presenters in my opinion.
[Post edited 1 Aug 18:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:54 - Aug 1 with 1798 viewsMalintabuk

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:26 - Aug 1 by ChrisNW6

Not a trans athlete though.

She has identified throughout life as a woman and passed the WADA tests. Been in women's boxing for years with no issue. She is a women.

The IOC have sat on this since May 2023 and need to test further to understand if there is a potentially beneficial increase in testosterone. What do we do, ban all manly looking women.

This is not a trans issue.

I never said she was trans.. but the ban was brought in in regards to here testosterone. Being from Algeria and a Muslim country she would never be classified as a trans due to religious reasons
We can argue all night about here sexuilty, and yes she was defeated by cis women in boxing, but it must be clear she as developed to a stage where there have to be questions asked if she is now suitable for women's boxing
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:56 - Aug 1 with 1778 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:27 - Aug 1 by connell10

Dr Emma Hilton, developmental biologist at the University of Manchester:
"The power gap between a male and female punch is 162%. That is, males can punch 2.6 times harder than females. It's the biggest performance gap I've found to date."
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 18:17 - Aug 1 with 1730 viewsNed_Kennedys

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:52 - Aug 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

There is no such thing as a male hormone.

If you mean testosterone, woman have that too and all ‘female’ winners including the Italian have in a lot if not most cases benefited from superior testosterone level than their opponent.

It’s where you draw the line that is the issue. That’s a job for medical science not GB news presenters in my opinion.
[Post edited 1 Aug 18:00]

Try not to go down the political left v right route: the subject is all over MSM, not just GB News.
You clearly haven’t seen the ‘fight’: if the Italian had the same ‘benefits’ as you claim then she surely wouldn’t have thrown away her Olympic dream.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 18:25 - Aug 1 with 1700 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 18:17 - Aug 1 by Ned_Kennedys

Try not to go down the political left v right route: the subject is all over MSM, not just GB News.
You clearly haven’t seen the ‘fight’: if the Italian had the same ‘benefits’ as you claim then she surely wouldn’t have thrown away her Olympic dream.

I saw the fight, I’m not advocating for Khelif, I’m not claiming Carini had the same benefits, and I’m not saying it’s a left v right issue either.

I just wish some facts were injected into the debate because there are people’s lives and careers affected by the commentary.
[Post edited 1 Aug 18:52]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 18:32 - Aug 1 with 1664 viewsFredManRave

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:31 - Aug 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Breaking News: 1.7% of LFWers are ambiguous. Personally, I prefer being on land.

Also, imagine having a penis and a vagina. You'd never even make it to training, let alone qualify for the Olympics.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 18:42 - Aug 1 with 1628 viewsconnell10

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 18:32 - Aug 1 by FredManRave

Breaking News: 1.7% of LFWers are ambiguous. Personally, I prefer being on land.

Also, imagine having a penis and a vagina. You'd never even make it to training, let alone qualify for the Olympics.

Now that made me laugh

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 19:52 - Aug 1 with 1516 viewsSnipper

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 21:33 - Aug 1 with 1393 viewsslmrstid

That hockey atmosphere in GB v France in the mens hockey today was intense, glad we beat them and shut them up.

Great results in the rowing, and the women looked much better in the hockey than they have done previously.

Enjoyed watching the BMX tonight too, Beth Shriever smashed everybody, hopefully she can continue that form into the finals.

And unsurprised its Murray's time tonight in tennis, but what a career he's had and he's always been so proud to represent GB at the Olympics. Fantastic sportsman.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:16 - Aug 1 with 1295 viewsR_from_afar

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 21:33 - Aug 1 by slmrstid

That hockey atmosphere in GB v France in the mens hockey today was intense, glad we beat them and shut them up.

Great results in the rowing, and the women looked much better in the hockey than they have done previously.

Enjoyed watching the BMX tonight too, Beth Shriever smashed everybody, hopefully she can continue that form into the finals.

And unsurprised its Murray's time tonight in tennis, but what a career he's had and he's always been so proud to represent GB at the Olympics. Fantastic sportsman.

Thank you so much for this pleasant interlude

Of the events you mention, I only saw Dan and Andy, but they certainly gave it everything.

Murray did so much to reinvigorate British tennis but he was unlucky to be around at the same time as Rafa, Roger and Novak. I'll miss him.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:22 - Aug 1 with 1266 viewsRanger_Things

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 21:33 - Aug 1 by slmrstid

Beth and Kye through to the next round in BMX. Apparently Kye is carrying a back injury, I hope it’s not too bad. He’s a very good rider.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 08:46 - Aug 2 with 1020 viewsslmrstid

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:22 - Aug 1 by Ranger_Things

Beth and Kye through to the next round in BMX. Apparently Kye is carrying a back injury, I hope it’s not too bad. He’s a very good rider.

Yeah I saw his interview last night, hopefully the physios can loosen that up for him before the finals.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:20 - Aug 2 with 964 viewsSnipper

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:22 - Aug 1 by Ranger_Things

Blimey, how good was Beth yesterday?

Looks a shoo-in for a medal. Hope it’s Gold. 🥇
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 10:27 - Aug 2 with 867 viewsRanger_Things

Purple athletics track looks great. I don’t think I’ve seen one before.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 12:45 - Aug 2 with 738 viewsHAYESBOY

Go on Tommy!

Fleetwood one off lead at -9. Schauffle leads on -10.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:04 - Aug 2 with 697 viewsPaddyhoops

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:21 - Aug 1 by Watford_Ranger

Yeah they couldn’t because the rules are different. I don’t know if it’s the World Champs or the Olympics who are right or wrong. My point was it’s wrong to conflate this with the issue of trans women in sport because it’s not the same thing or even really close. If it’s simply a case of being born a certain way then it feels wrong to ban her for that but then it’s probably a lot more complex than that and I hadn’t heard of her this time yesterday as I suspect most of us hadn’t.

I listened to Steve Bunce on five live a few minutes ago .
He gave passionate defence of the Algerian boxer and is dismayed at some of the high profile figures who are speaking out against her .
Buncey knows he’s boxing so I’ll take his word for it rather than JK Rowling who last I heard wasn’t an expert on the pugilistic arts.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:11 - Aug 2 with 666 viewsSuperhoops2808

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:04 - Aug 2 by Paddyhoops

I listened to Steve Bunce on five live a few minutes ago .
He gave passionate defence of the Algerian boxer and is dismayed at some of the high profile figures who are speaking out against her .
Buncey knows he’s boxing so I’ll take his word for it rather than JK Rowling who last I heard wasn’t an expert on the pugilistic arts.

Emily Craig and Imogen Grant winning Gold was very emotional.

After being so close in Tokyo they put that ghost to bed for sure. Rowing has been almost back to its best now
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:22 - Aug 2 with 651 viewsJamesB1979

Trampoline gold now. The commentary from the Brits is pis.s funny. They’ve got as much clue as me. “Shes crying tears of joy, I think”…….camera switches to the girl…who is distraught at being out of medals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024