Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique 08:11 - Jul 26 with 39013 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bienvenue mes amis!

Will be glued to the screen for the next few weeks, watching anything and everything. The Olympics are my favourite sporting event ever since I got hooked on the 1972 games.

Arrived in Paris yesterday. Amazing to see so many French people smiling, being polite, and offering service without the Gallic shrug of indifference!

I know Derby is up next week, anyone else visiting? If so, lets reserve tables at the Georges V and push on from there.

Allez les Brits!!

Edit: weather not looking good for the OC tonight.
[Post edited 26 Jul 8:20]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:36 - Jul 30 with 1441 viewsSheffieldHoop

I really like the introduction of the Red Bull sports tbh. Freestyle BMX on BBC 2 atm, good stuff, nice seeing this outside the Red Bull/Monster maximum commercial environment and a quite different crowd. Love the Skateboarding, Speed Climbing, even Surfing. Works really well and makes so much more sense than a lot of the Oldy Worldy stuff (Equestrian, Archery, Shooting, Fencing etc) which I still think has a place, but getting a bit meh.

I'm very cynical about the Olympic Breaking......But I'm probably wrong and it will likely be great

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:54 - Jul 30 with 1404 viewsR_from_afar

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 18:49 - Jul 29 by Ranger_Things

My first experience of very strong beer was at a Belgian cyclocross race. I couldn’t remember anything about the race but was told afterwards that I was dancing on a table in one of the tents to crappy euro house. I woke up in the hotel room fully dressed and covered in mud lunchtime the next day.

When I was living in France, I watched a professional cyclocross race, and after the race, with the course being very close to my house, I thought I would try to ride the now deserted course. This was in the days when I had no car and cycled everywhere, for transport, on holiday and for leisure, in wind and rain, ice and snow.

I got to the steep section and although it was no longer than 20 yards, froze with fear at the top of it. I just couldn't do it. It had freaked a lot of the pros out too and they had ran down it carrying their bikes, but the winner, well, he didn't hesitate, he cycled straight down it, cool as you like.

Hats off to these professional athletes, they have some guts

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:00 - Jul 30 with 1396 viewsR_from_afar

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:09 - Jul 28 by Discodroids

i love this gaff. Like i said, the non sexual fantasies of a kid. It was only a dream.

christ, you could crush the joy out of mary millingtons love eggs .

An idle thought for a Tuesday afternoon: I wonder what the size chart for love eggs has on it? Goldcrest's, quail's, hen's, duck's?

Don't look it up if you are on a work computer!

Someone on here who's more worldly wise than me is sure to know.

It reminds me of the old joke about condoms coming in three size: Small, medium and liar.

Time for my pills and a lie down.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:37 - Jul 30 with 1329 viewsloftboy

Gold for GB in the trap shooting, would have been nice to have actually seen the target .

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 19:40 - Jul 30 with 1242 viewsderbyhoop

Went to Stade Atlantique in Bordeaux for the football.
Adel scored twice as his country beat Spain 2-1.
[Post edited 31 Jul 13:56]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 20:32 - Jul 30 with 1169 viewsNed_Kennedys

Murray and Evans playing much better tonight: great passion for the game as usual.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 20:54 - Jul 30 with 1138 viewsSuperhoops2808

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:36 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

I really like the introduction of the Red Bull sports tbh. Freestyle BMX on BBC 2 atm, good stuff, nice seeing this outside the Red Bull/Monster maximum commercial environment and a quite different crowd. Love the Skateboarding, Speed Climbing, even Surfing. Works really well and makes so much more sense than a lot of the Oldy Worldy stuff (Equestrian, Archery, Shooting, Fencing etc) which I still think has a place, but getting a bit meh.

I'm very cynical about the Olympic Breaking......But I'm probably wrong and it will likely be great

Clearly you didnt watch the Equestrian yesterday
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 20:57 - Jul 30 with 1124 viewsSonofpugwash

I'm not happy with male boxers beating the crap out of female ones.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 21:03 - Jul 30 with 1124 viewsGus_iom

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 20:57 - Jul 30 by Sonofpugwash

It's bloody awful.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 21:32 - Jul 30 with 1081 viewsR_from_afar

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 20:32 - Jul 30 by Ned_Kennedys

Murray and Evans playing much better tonight: great passion for the game as usual.

They just won their match in a third set tie break. Great stuff!

Into the quarter finals they go.

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 23:41 - Jul 30 with 962 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 23:59 - Jul 30 with 977 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I was under the impression they had nipped this in the bud so to speak.
Pretty simple really , born male compete in male competitions.Born female compete in female competitions .
If you are transitioning either sit it out or simply have a seperate division/class for that group of athletes .
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 00:16 - Jul 31 with 965 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 23:59 - Jul 30 by CLAREMAN1995

Pretty simple really , born male compete in male competitions.Born female compete in female competitions .
If you are transitioning either sit it out or simply have a seperate division/class for that group of athletes .

It’s not that simple.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/differences-in-sex-development/
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 00:27 - Jul 31 with 957 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 00:16 - Jul 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s not that simple.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/differences-in-sex-development/

Wow that is a pretty intense article and certainly opened my eyes but I will have to go back through it later as I was enjoying my dinner and its not ideal reading at this time
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 01:13 - Jul 31 with 928 viewsSydneyRs

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:38 - Jul 29 by Snipper

Pidcock had a puncture before halfway and was 40 seconds behind afterwards. He managed to catch the French rider with 1.5 laps left. He used a lot of energy to get there.

The French rider retook the lead with half a lap to go. Cat and mouse ensued, but Pidcock picked him off right near the end. They nearly came together and both could’ve came down when Pidcock took the lead.

On crossing first, the crowd actually booed him.

Fúck’em. Gold for Tom Pidcock. 🥇

Fantastic television. 👍
[Post edited 29 Jul 14:40]

That race was fantastic. How he got back after the puncture I just don't know. Incredible performance.

Even when the French guy attacked and retook the lead near the end it looked like the effort in closing the gap might have been too much for him to win but he took it out in stunning style. Best thing I've watched so far at this Olympics and it will be hard to top.

The French booing was just the icing on the cake. Their guy was gifted a 40 second lead due to bad luck for Pidcock and still couldn't beat him. How the hell do they ride that course at that speed and stay on a bike!

After some poor fortune in the swimming (missing out on two golds by a cumulative 0.04 seconds), great to see us dominate the relay this morning. And now I hear Peaty has covid which would have certainly affected him and by more than the 0.02 seconds he missed out by.

GB motoring now with some good chances coming up in the rowing finals and the Aus medal accumulation to fall off a cliff as usual once the swimming ends!
[Post edited 31 Jul 4:24]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:01 - Jul 31 with 822 viewsChrisNW6

Bronze in the women's triathlon. The French TV producer needs binning, he made QPR + look good. Spent the last 10 minutes of nail biting race focusing on everyone but the leading four runners.

Alex Yee should be in with a shout of gold in an hour.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:04 - Jul 31 with 815 viewsloftboy

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:01 - Jul 31 by ChrisNW6

Bronze in the women's triathlon. The French TV producer needs binning, he made QPR + look good. Spent the last 10 minutes of nail biting race focusing on everyone but the leading four runners.

Just about to post the same, the editorial team in charge want replacing, happened in several events, during the cycling they were using the event as an advert for the tourist board.

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:18 - Jul 31 with 797 viewsaston_hoop

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 19:40 - Jul 30 by derbyhoop

Went to Stade Atlantique in Bordeaux for the football.
Adel scored twice as his country beat Spain 2-1.
[Post edited 31 Jul 13:56]

Ha I see what you did there, technically true!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:34 - Jul 31 with 776 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Even the French commentator said the same!

Great race, treacgerous on the bikes. Beaugrand looked good for the gold from the minute their feet hit the street. She said afterwards: she was so nervous this morning that she threw up. Given the state of the Seine, I hope that's all she and her fellow competitors experience.

Well down our girl for third.

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 744 viewsSydneyRs

Crazy given the French athlete won and two of them were in the leading group. British fans didn't boo the winner though, we're better than that.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:29 - Jul 31 with 676 viewsloftboy

What a performance from Alex Yee

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:30 - Jul 31 with 674 viewsPlanetHonneywood

WOW!!!!!

What a finish from Alex Yee!!!

Magnifique.

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:31 - Jul 31 with 670 viewsaston_hoop

That was absolutely superb, timed it perfectly

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:32 - Jul 31 with 667 viewsSonofpugwash

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 23:59 - Jul 30 by CLAREMAN1995

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it ain't an ostrich.
Why does everything have to have a political slant before it can be addressed?
Someone is going to get killed at this rate.The inequality of standards sadly reminds me of Johnny Owen - beaten to a pulp by Lupe Pintor.
[Post edited 31 Jul 11:34]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:33 - Jul 31 with 669 viewsSnipper

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:29 - Jul 31 by loftboy

What a performance from Alex Yee

Fantastic performance from Alex Yee.

The French director needs shooting as we very nearly missed it. In fact we missed the chase down until he was 10 metres from the leader.

Stupid French wánker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024