Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique 08:11 - Jul 26 with 39016 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bienvenue mes amis!

Will be glued to the screen for the next few weeks, watching anything and everything. The Olympics are my favourite sporting event ever since I got hooked on the 1972 games.

Arrived in Paris yesterday. Amazing to see so many French people smiling, being polite, and offering service without the Gallic shrug of indifference!

I know Derby is up next week, anyone else visiting? If so, lets reserve tables at the Georges V and push on from there.

Allez les Brits!!

Edit: weather not looking good for the OC tonight.
[Post edited 26 Jul 8:20]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:32 - Aug 4 with 2485 viewsR_from_afar

In the badminton two days ago, a Malaysian pair won this monster (108 shot) rally:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/videos/cd101vjxx2no

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:41 - Aug 4 with 2457 viewsGus_iom

If I was the British woman who won silver in the skeet, I would shoot one judge, wing a second and then claim I should only be tried for the first crime.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:01 - Aug 4 with 2321 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Tommy Fleetwood won silver in golf but missed out on a playoff for gold after getting a few bad breaks on 17 but holed a great par putt on 18 for second fair play to him.
Rory McIlroy and Jon Rahm butchered a couple of holes to fall off the pace so another wasted year for Rory while Rahm can get back to counting his 800 mil from LIV.
Scottie Scheffler is in a world of his own shootin 62 to grab the gold what a year he is having despite the arrest and mugshot in KY
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 19:09 - Aug 4 with 2188 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Showaddywaddy hopefully in the 100m final for GB
[Post edited 4 Aug 19:11]

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 19:11 - Aug 4 with 2178 viewsMalintabuk

Great run by the lad... Hinchcliffe... Lyles did not look happy....
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 20:00 - Aug 4 with 2076 viewsMalintabuk

Hodgkinson looks a class above there.... very impressive
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 21:29 - Aug 4 with 2003 viewsaston_hoop

Well done Lucas

[Post edited 4 Aug 21:30]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 21:39 - Aug 4 with 1974 viewsChrisNW6

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 20:00 - Aug 4 by Malintabuk

Hodgkinson looks a class above there.... very impressive

Always worried for a front runner, but I think it suits her, she will stay out of trouble and dictate her own race. Mary Moraa finishing strong in the final worries me, I think Keely needs a sub 1:56 to win this.
Login to get fewer ads

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 1926 viewsQPR_Hibs

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:27 - Aug 4 by slmrstid

Its a shame regular volleyball hasn't featured at all on the BBC coverage so far, other than half a set I managed to see between Brazil and Japan. I know its because there's no British interest (same reason handball hasn't been seen at all) but it is quite an entertaining game to watch. As Beach Volleyball can be actually.

The mens hockey was disappointing but they haven't been in great form. Shame the feeds at the moment are showing golf and tennis - obviously everyone has different tastes but for me these sports hold little interest, I'd rather be watching the cycling!

Lots of volleyball - regular and beach - on the iplayer/red button tonight. I am enjoying it but the music played after EVERY single point is driving me mad. If you think the goal music at LR is bad then don't watch this.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 1912 viewsRanger_Things

100 metres was bloody close. It looked like Thompson choked to me, maybe the delayed start got to him? Fantastic final though.

Women’s road race earlier was great. I hadn’t seen the Afghan sisters before, but they rode very well. I had to look them up, amazing backstory.

https://www.france24.com/en/sport/20240803-olympics-afghan-sister-cyclists-fly-f

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c720jxej1ewo.amp
[Post edited 4 Aug 22:22]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:14 - Aug 4 with 1873 viewsted_hendrix

I thought the 100M Men's final was great, It's something else when you can sit at home and for Nine odd seconds watch live the fastest Man/Men on the Planet.

The delay before the start must have been excruciating for the runners though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:44 - Aug 4 with 1766 viewsnumptydumpty

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:14 - Aug 4 by ted_hendrix

I thought the 100M Men's final was great, It's something else when you can sit at home and for Nine odd seconds watch live the fastest Man/Men on the Planet.

High quality in the 100 metres men.

But Lightening will reign supreme for decades.

However currently many top level champions within the sprint game.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 02:32 - Aug 5 with 1689 viewsFredManRave

Surpised about the lack of discussion/praise with regard to the Tennis final!

Bearing in mind the way Alcarez dismantled Djokovic in the Wimbledon final, the way in which Djokovich fought and ended up beating his 21 year old opponent to claim his first Olympic Gold was sport, effort and belief at its absolute highest.

Alcarez is a freak and bearing in mind Djokovic will probably be retiring within the next year or two, if no other player breaks through, then Alcarez is going to reign supreme for many years to come...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 03:40 - Aug 5 with 1639 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:14 - Aug 4 by ted_hendrix

Even before Bolt came on the scene this was my favourite race every 4 years and tonight was no exception .
The bravado,cocky attitude from Lyles is hard to stomach but its his thing and he delivered on the greatest stage of them all.
Feel bad for the Jamican his foot was clearly across way before Lyles but his inexperience told its the chest that counts which was news to me .
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 08:41 - Aug 5 with 1456 viewsslmrstid

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 22:02 - Aug 4 by QPR_Hibs

Lots of volleyball - regular and beach - on the iplayer/red button tonight. I am enjoying it but the music played after EVERY single point is driving me mad. If you think the goal music at LR is bad then don't watch this.

Watched it both in the final hour of coverage on Extra last night, enjoyed it!
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 10:06 - Aug 5 with 1360 viewsPaddyhoops

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 02:32 - Aug 5 by FredManRave

Surpised about the lack of discussion/praise with regard to the Tennis final!

Bearing in mind the way Alcarez dismantled Djokovic in the Wimbledon final, the way in which Djokovich fought and ended up beating his 21 year old opponent to claim his first Olympic Gold was sport, effort and belief at its absolute highest.

Alcarez is a freak and bearing in mind Djokovic will probably be retiring within the next year or two, if no other player breaks through, then Alcarez is going to reign supreme for many years to come...

Superb game . On a par with Murray and Del Potro at Rio which was probably the finest game of Tennis I’ve ever seen.
Murray’s will to win that day was off the scale.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 10:16 - Aug 5 with 1353 viewsR_from_afar

Canadian Ethan Katzberg generated so many revs in the hammer that I thought he'd spin off into orbit. He chucked the thing over 80 metres, though .

Not your traditional hammer thrower build and a bit of a Joe Walsh (from The Eagles) look going on:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:18 - Aug 5 with 1282 viewsRanger_Things

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 10:16 - Aug 5 by R_from_afar

Canadian Ethan Katzberg generated so many revs in the hammer that I thought he'd spin off into orbit. He chucked the thing over 80 metres, though .

Not your traditional hammer thrower build and a bit of a Joe Walsh (from The Eagles) look going on:

Dude looks like a character out of the Asterix books. Man he can throw though, nobody came close.
[Post edited 5 Aug 11:19]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:31 - Aug 5 with 1235 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Never see him and Brian Kilcline in the same room at the same time!

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 1182 viewsSuperhoops2808

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 09:08 - Aug 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Pretty sure she ran past me faster than the rest of the field to win a gold at the 2019 Worlds.

Ok, So perhaps I should have clarified as we were posting on an OLYMPIC thread, that I meant her performances in the OLYMPICS.

This is her 3rd Olympics and as yet she has failed to win an individual medal.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see her win medals, especially as she is local to me, but the Olympics is the ultimate stage and she has failed to impress on this stage so far.

Anyway, appears I am going to be proven wrong with Keely Hodgkinson, but very impressed by Phoebe Gill who will be pushing her in 4 years time I am sure. Such a shame about Jemma Reeke who I thought may be in the medals.

And as I am writing this, Molly Caudery has failed to qualify for the final of the pole vault which has to be the biggest shock for the British team this olympics. Such a shame
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 1103 viewsNed_Kennedys

Absolute disaster in decision making and performance by Molly Cawdrey I’m afraid.
Even though the official qualification mark was 4.70m loads qualified by clearing only 4.40m: she however decided to enter the competition at 4.55m and failed every attempt. Shocking decision.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 1068 viewsGaryHaddock

A rare athlete / CeX assistant manager crossover.

Noble.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 12:36 - Aug 5 with 1029 viewsSydneyRs

Beam final just finished. Big shock, Simone Biles fell off and didn't even medal. Italy take gold and bronze.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:36 - Aug 5 with 838 viewsChrisNW6

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:54 - Aug 5 by Ned_Kennedys

Absolute disaster in decision making and performance by Molly Cawdrey I’m afraid.
Even though the official qualification mark was 4.70m loads qualified by clearing only 4.40m: she however decided to enter the competition at 4.55m and failed every attempt. Shocking decision.

Devestated for her, but she will go away and learn from this and I am sure she will be a top vaulter for many years. She tried to lay down a marker for the final and failed. 4.55m is regular starting height for her and in hindsight she will regret this.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:45 - Aug 5 with 805 viewsChrisNW6

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 11:45 - Aug 5 by Superhoops2808

Ok, So perhaps I should have clarified as we were posting on an OLYMPIC thread, that I meant her performances in the OLYMPICS.

This is her 3rd Olympics and as yet she has failed to win an individual medal.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see her win medals, especially as she is local to me, but the Olympics is the ultimate stage and she has failed to impress on this stage so far.

Anyway, appears I am going to be proven wrong with Keely Hodgkinson, but very impressed by Phoebe Gill who will be pushing her in 4 years time I am sure. Such a shame about Jemma Reeke who I thought may be in the medals.

And as I am writing this, Molly Caudery has failed to qualify for the final of the pole vault which has to be the biggest shock for the British team this olympics. Such a shame

200m is her stronger event and she has a good bronze medal shout this year.

She has always been an outside bet for an individual Olympic sprint medal and 2020 was her best chance but the hamstring injury ended that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024