Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary 23:51 - Jul 14 with 1389 viewsrbee

Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary on 09:28 - Jul 15 with 1101 viewstkqpr

Absolutely spot on. Exactly how i felt.

Southgate is not brave enough. He doesnt realise what quality we have and is too afraid to let them play.
Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary on 09:42 - Jul 15 with 1054 viewsBostonR

Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary on 09:28 - Jul 15 by tkqpr

Absolutely spot on. Exactly how i felt.

Southgate is not brave enough. He doesnt realise what quality we have and is too afraid to let them play.

He’s spot-on.

I’ve been watching England since 1970, so I think I can measure past England teams. The current squad is light years ahead of what came before. We equalised, got on the front foot for 5 minutes and then retreated 50 metres. He did exactly the same thing vs Italy at Wembley and invited them onto us.

He’s so limited as a manager- unlike his team. Of all the losses, last night was fecking criminal. With that squad, man-for-man, Spain are not better than us. He was completely out-coached at 1-1. The Spanish manager took a risk and decided to attack at 1-1 and Southgate obliged and let’s be honest the winner was coming.

England always let you down, but last night was on Southgate. Give Klopp what he wants to take us to USA 2026.
Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary on 09:47 - Jul 15 with 1023 viewspaulparker

Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary on 09:42 - Jul 15 by BostonR

He’s spot-on.

I’ve been watching England since 1970, so I think I can measure past England teams. The current squad is light years ahead of what came before. We equalised, got on the front foot for 5 minutes and then retreated 50 metres. He did exactly the same thing vs Italy at Wembley and invited them onto us.

He’s so limited as a manager- unlike his team. Of all the losses, last night was fecking criminal. With that squad, man-for-man, Spain are not better than us. He was completely out-coached at 1-1. The Spanish manager took a risk and decided to attack at 1-1 and Southgate obliged and let’s be honest the winner was coming.

England always let you down, but last night was on Southgate. Give Klopp what he wants to take us to USA 2026.

Spot on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary on 10:21 - Jul 15 with 901 viewsDesertBoot

Across most other teams the Premier League players replicated their club style of play for their country and our league is all about pace, attacking and power.
Only when Watkins came on did Spain's centre-backs look worried and were facing their goalkeeper - that took 678 minutes.
Fifteen minutes versus the Dutch and around ten minutes last night did England play the "Premier League" way and Durham is right the Spanish were rattled and were let off the hook.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Adrian Durham / Talksport - A good summary on 10:59 - Jul 15 with 839 viewsPdog

Agree that they were there for the talking after we equalized, and we were fortunate enough to still be in the game having the opportunity to potentially win it.

Even when teams are in the ascendancy like we were, a move breaks down and the game 'resets', e.g. goal kick / throw-in to opposition. We know how good Spain are with the ball and wont just kick it back to us (like we often did), we then naturally have to 'reset' into our shape. Is that just the natural flow of the game Vs a better opponent than us or a conscious decision deciding not to attack..

Its not like we were sitting back camped out on the edge of our box, for their goal we had quite a high line, just seemed too disjointed and fatigued to defend it properly. 4 passes from the CB edge of their box and they're in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024