Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. 21:54 - Jul 10 with 11065 viewsEsox_Lucius

I never have any luck with these things. šŸ˜
[Post edited 12 Jul 9:04]

The grass is always greener.

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:10 - Jul 14 with 1297 viewspaulparker

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:07 - Jul 14 by Juzzie

Well, canā€™t see Southgate staying on so will be interesting to see if the next manager takes the shackles off.

He needs to walk away and take Kane with him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatā€™s there thatā€™s two, and thatā€™s Bowles Brian Moore

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:11 - Jul 14 with 1298 viewsManinBlack

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:06 - Jul 14 by Gus_iom

No, the best team won, the most courageous team won, the team with the best squad lost.

Exactly this. We didn't play to our attacking strengths.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:12 - Jul 14 with 1270 viewsGus_iom

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:10 - Jul 14 by paulparker

He needs to walk away and take Kane with him

I don't think Kane has been fit. He's a great player, but if he's not fit, he shouldn't play. A reoccurring theme of recent finals
[Post edited 14 Jul 22:27]
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:14 - Jul 14 with 1236 viewsted_hendrix

We came so close with those headers In the dying seconds, If one of them were to have gone In 2-2 who knows?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:16 - Jul 14 with 1189 viewsNed_Kennedys

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:14 - Jul 14 by ted_hendrix

We came so close with those headers In the dying seconds, If one of them were to have gone In 2-2 who knows?

And if Spain had taken the numerous chances they had weā€™d have lost by 3 or 4.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:20 - Jul 14 with 1121 viewsted_hendrix

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:16 - Jul 14 by Ned_Kennedys

And if Spain had taken the numerous chances they had weā€™d have lost by 3 or 4.

They beat us fair and square I'm not disputing that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:24 - Jul 14 with 1078 viewsrbee

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:02 - Jul 14 by Juzzie

Just out of curiosity, would Spain have taken us apart had we played more all-out or would we have actually got something out of it?

lassel

Cowardly manager loses final by being a coward.

Juzzie

Just out of curiosity, would Spain have taken us apart had we played more all-out or would we have actually got something out of it?

This is where I wish I was a football expert! Were we too negative or were Spain that much better than us? Probably an element of both. We really saw nothing of Saka/Walker attacking on the right, Foden rarely looked dangerous. After our equaliser we really didn't try to press home our advanatage.

Should Kane have started? Should more substitutions have been made especially after our equaliser? Our attacking play was ponderous whilst Spain attacked quickly and got players forward.

We looked knackered throughout, Kane wasn't really Kane, Bellingham certainly wasn't Bellingham.

So many questions that I cannot answer.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:26 - Jul 14 with 1044 viewsaston_hoop

Spain are the best team in Europe and we lost to them narrowly. No shame in that for me.

Those who hate Southgate will get their way, we'll see him leave in the coming days. But whoever comes in next owes him a hell of a lot for rebuilding the culture in the England squad. Its not Man utd v Liverpool v Chelsea in the dressing rooms. Its England. For that he can be bloody proud.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:32 - Jul 14 with 975 viewsNed_Kennedys

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:26 - Jul 14 by aston_hoop

Spain are the best team in Europe and we lost to them narrowly. No shame in that for me.

Those who hate Southgate will get their way, we'll see him leave in the coming days. But whoever comes in next owes him a hell of a lot for rebuilding the culture in the England squad. Its not Man utd v Liverpool v Chelsea in the dressing rooms. Its England. For that he can be bloody proud.

Yeah heā€™s laid some decent foundations.
Just need a manager who can get the best out of the players by playing on the front foot and take us to the next level of actually winning something.
[Post edited 14 Jul 22:33]
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:37 - Jul 14 with 939 viewsdaveB

absolutely devastated and broken, I don't think I'll ever get over this
Spain deserved it but that chance at the end, so close to taking it to extra time
Very proud of players and manager, they gave it everything

I'll leave the miserable sods on here to celebrate for a few days and revel in the misery
[Post edited 14 Jul 22:38]
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:39 - Jul 14 with 926 viewsrbee

Gary Neville saying that we did play too deep, agree, but then says that we didn't have the pace to get forward quickly.

If we could have got to 65/70 minutes at 0-0 and then made our substitutions things might have turned out differently but conceding early in the second half really hurt us.

A feeling that our attacking players were handcuffed once again but tonights result is really not as disappointing as the Italy Final three years ago.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:41 - Jul 14 with 917 viewsdaveB

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 21:55 - Jul 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Itā€™s a shame but Spain totally deserve it based on second half: one team came out second half to win, the other were happy to try to keep it tight. Southgate was about to bring on Connor Gallagher just before they scored FFS.

Gallagher was warming up he wasn't about to come on
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:44 - Jul 14 with 880 viewsNed_Kennedys

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:41 - Jul 14 by daveB

Gallagher was warming up he wasn't about to come on

Thatā€™s not what the BBC commentator said: as he was there Iā€™d take his word over yours.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 870 viewsNed_Kennedys

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:37 - Jul 14 by daveB

Spain deserved it but that chance at the end, so close to taking it to extra time

I'll leave the miserable sods on here to celebrate for a few days and revel in the misery

Grow up: regardless of what most think about Southgate everyone wanted England to win.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 866 viewssaxbend

Spain win. Marti wins. We win. You Rs!
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:47 - Jul 14 with 855 viewsdaveB

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:44 - Jul 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Thatā€™s not what the BBC commentator said: as he was there Iā€™d take his word over yours.

he said he's warming up and being lined up to come on
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:52 - Jul 14 with 808 viewsQPR_Jim

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:24 - Jul 14 by rbee

lassel

Cowardly manager loses final by being a coward.

Juzzie

This is where I wish I was a football expert! Were we too negative or were Spain that much better than us? Probably an element of both. We really saw nothing of Saka/Walker attacking on the right, Foden rarely looked dangerous. After our equaliser we really didn't try to press home our advanatage.

Should Kane have started? Should more substitutions have been made especially after our equaliser? Our attacking play was ponderous whilst Spain attacked quickly and got players forward.

We looked knackered throughout, Kane wasn't really Kane, Bellingham certainly wasn't Bellingham.

So many questions that I cannot answer.

From my point of view I didn't think Kane was at it for the full tournament and while I respect his record for goal scoring, I think as a team we'd have been more dangerous with Watkins starting.

I think leaving Rice on was a mistake, started to look a bit tired and we removed Mainoo instead.

All that said, I think Southgate has done a great job overall but as with the Italy game, I feel like we've missed an opportunity again.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:53 - Jul 14 with 799 viewsdaveB

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:45 - Jul 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Grow up: regardless of what most think about Southgate everyone wanted England to win.

mate all I've read on here for weeks is people slagging off the players or the manager, I can only say how i feel, people seem to take a lot of joy out of slating the England manager and players

I just hope the next fella makes you all happy
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:55 - Jul 14 with 784 viewsQPR_Jim

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:47 - Jul 14 by daveB

he said he's warming up and being lined up to come on

I thought the BBC commentator said striped off but may have been mistaken. I was actually all right with the sub as I thought Rice needed to be hooked.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:03 - Jul 14 with 743 viewsrbee

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:53 - Jul 14 by daveB

mate all I've read on here for weeks is people slagging off the players or the manager, I can only say how i feel, people seem to take a lot of joy out of slating the England manager and players

I just hope the next fella makes you all happy

Dave it's extreme frustration not joy. We see our players unable to replicate their league form in an England shirt time and time again. The media don't help putting us on a pedestal as tournament favorites.

I was angry, confused and really disappointed three years ago as we let Italy beat us but tonight I can be a little more pragmatic.
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:23 - Jul 14 with 649 viewsGus_iom

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:03 - Jul 14 by rbee

Dave it's extreme frustration not joy. We see our players unable to replicate their league form in an England shirt time and time again. The media don't help putting us on a pedestal as tournament favorites.

I was angry, confused and really disappointed three years ago as we let Italy beat us but tonight I can be a little more pragmatic.

Karl will be on soon to tell us who was the only team to beat Spain in the tournament was.
Which has to make you think
[Post edited 14 Jul 23:38]
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:25 - Jul 14 with 641 viewspaulparker

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 22:37 - Jul 14 by daveB

The question I would ask is why again did he start an unfit Kane
And why the hell did he keep letting Pickford smash it up the pitch to no one
Spain were rattled when we scored and yet again we sat back for extra time
Another big game Southgate has got it wrong imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatā€™s there thatā€™s two, and thatā€™s Bowles Brian Moore

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:33 - Jul 14 with 612 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Agree with a lot said on here, but also think a lot of it is childish and entitled.

Some things to consider that hasnā€™t been said:

- Kane joint top scorer
- Spain first side in history to win all games in a tournament
- England 3rd youngest team in the tournament. A good few tournament finals to get to.

Thanks Gareth. Have a lager (or a cider). Youā€™ve earned it

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:43 - Jul 14 with 573 viewsGus_iom

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:33 - Jul 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree with a lot said on here, but also think a lot of it is childish and entitled.

Some things to consider that hasnā€™t been said:

- Kane joint top scorer
- Spain first side in history to win all games in a tournament
- England 3rd youngest team in the tournament. A good few tournament finals to get to.

Thanks Gareth. Have a lager (or a cider). Youā€™ve earned it

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ

Your 'childish and entitled' is my ambitious.
With the quality of players available to us, we should have been so much more - you pick an attacking 11 and then ask them to play conservatively. I'm surprised you approve of that, to be honest!
England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:50 - Jul 14 with 557 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England vs King Philip's Armada pt.2 EURO 24 Match thread. on 23:43 - Jul 14 by Gus_iom

Your 'childish and entitled' is my ambitious.
With the quality of players available to us, we should have been so much more - you pick an attacking 11 and then ask them to play conservatively. I'm surprised you approve of that, to be honest!

Whatā€™s ambitious about calling Englandā€™s most successful manager alive Boregate or calling him a terrorist?

I approve of whatever gets us to the final frankly. Not as convinced about the quality of our players either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024