Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Electric Car Advice 10:33 - Jul 4 with 1305 viewsSuperhoops2808

Reaching out to LFW people who have an electric car as we have just placed an order for a Hyundai Kona and need some advice regarding home charger.

We are with British Gas, and they have a deal that if we have an installation with them we get a years free home charging (Hive installation I believe) but if anyone has any better advice I would really appreciate it.

TIA
Electric Car Advice on 11:25 - Jul 4 with 1190 viewsMelakaRanger

I have had an EV since 2015. My lastest car is a 64kw Kona
Let me have a bit more information and I'll DM you. Like do you have a garage/off street parking. Do you have solar or will you be getting it etc?
Electric Car Advice on 11:40 - Jul 4 with 1170 viewsSuperhoops2808

Electric Car Advice on 11:25 - Jul 4 by MelakaRanger

I have had an EV since 2015. My lastest car is a 64kw Kona
Let me have a bit more information and I'll DM you. Like do you have a garage/off street parking. Do you have solar or will you be getting it etc?

So we have ordered this:

65.4kWh 218 N Line S Lux Auto

No to solar, and we have off street parking right outside the house.

House and fusebox is 26 years old
Electric Car Advice on 13:06 - Jul 4 with 1080 viewsTheChef

Buy a hybrid.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Electric Car Advice on 13:54 - Jul 4 with 985 viewsSuperhoops2808

Electric Car Advice on 13:06 - Jul 4 by TheChef

Buy a hybrid.

Too late

And as its an employer scheme for electric only we didn't have a choice either
Electric Car Advice on 14:16 - Jul 4 with 915 viewsTheChef

Electric Car Advice on 13:54 - Jul 4 by Superhoops2808

Too late

And as its an employer scheme for electric only we didn't have a choice either

Fairy muff.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Electric Car Advice on 15:24 - Jul 4 with 799 viewsMelakaRanger

a lengthy DM has been sent
Electric Car Advice on 16:47 - Jul 4 with 682 viewsnick_hammersmith

We've had a few EV's in the household now. Would recommend them to most people.
We are also lucky enough to have solar, so can charge at home for free, or pennies.

Only problem I've had over the years was with the car battery on the i3, which was the small battery to work the lights and radio. Otherwise its been problem free.

Infrastructure is getting better and the number of suppliers for chargers has seemed to settle down now, although I have about seven different apps on my phone for connecting to chargers.

The best analogy I can find is if you are the type of driver who got nervous when the petrol light came on, maybe EV isn't for you!
Electric Car Advice on 17:04 - Jul 4 with 626 viewsR_from_afar

My home charging station is a Chargemaster one and cost over a grand nine years ago. I'm going to jinx it by saying this but it has worked well apart from one minor fault, which didn't actually stop it from charging. A useful feature is that you need a physical key to turn it on.

I expect things have moved on since then but, having had a solar thermal system installed by British Gas, only for them to stop providing servicing just a couple of years after they did the job, I would recommend you check how long they will provide support for their charging station.

I'm not making this up, they actually said that "In order to serve you better" they were withdrawing service support. This meant HomeServe, which had previously covered both gas and solar, suddenly only covered gas, although the cost remained the same. I was not amused

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024