Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Raducando 04:45 - Jul 4 with 5757 viewsFredManRave

With so much negative shite going on everywhere, in general, at the moment it was just a simple breath of fresh air to see a still very young 21 year old, sports professional, who has gone through so much in the last 2 years, to finally play (back) to her potential.

She called her 2nd round win, "winning ugly", a la England, but today she was supreme.

And skill and dedication aside, in the post match interview, just showed how much she is appreciative of and enjoys, the special gift that she's been given.

A real highlight and nice break from all the negativity being espoused at the moment.

And now she's playing mixed doubles with Andy Murray, so we all know who's fault that will be if they don't win the title!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Emma Raducando on 14:15 - Jul 4 with 2252 viewsNorthernr

Emma Raducando on 14:08 - Jul 4 by stevec

Ah, so that’s the secret, thanks.

I’ve been going in the ballot for over ten years and not had a sniff.

Did get on centre court and court 1 during Covid times and it’s a great day out.

We got some nondescript early rounds on court 2 first time we did it and then it's steadily worked us up both through the courts and later in the tournament so we're now getting offered Centre Court at the back end of Week 2 so I'd definitely recommend it for the sake of 25 sheets.
Emma Raducando on 14:20 - Jul 4 with 2248 viewsTheChef

Emma Raducando on 14:08 - Jul 4 by stevec

Ah, so that’s the secret, thanks.

I’ve been going in the ballot for over ten years and not had a sniff.

Did get on centre court and court 1 during Covid times and it’s a great day out.

Going next Wednesday - Court no 1, should be men's QFs.

We've failed in the ballot the last few years but Wimbledon have their own resale site and got the tickets there. Same last year, chanced across Ladies' Final tickets (which sadly was a damp squib).

Always a good day out though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Emma Raducando on 14:32 - Jul 4 with 2180 viewsGaryBannister86

Emma Raducando on 13:27 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Actually bagged tickets to the women's semi finals next Thursday so really looking forward to that.

Nice it is a brilliant day - drink your bodyweight in Pimms then you will be able to happily join in with the jolly giggles when a ball gets stuck in the net, a bird lands on the court or someone shouts "Come on Tim".

Never really translates to television those things.
Emma Raducando on 14:48 - Jul 4 with 2106 viewsnix

Emma Raducando on 13:39 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

Sorry that I didn’t realise I’m not allowed to comment on what a tennis player looks like.I don’t follow tennis closely enough to know whether she’d been injured or not,but she did well to win against someone ranked so much higher than her.

No-one's saying you can't make a sh*tty little comment but don't expect someone not to pull you up on it either.
[Post edited 4 Jul 14:50]
Emma Raducando on 14:56 - Jul 4 with 2059 viewsnix

Emma Raducando on 11:59 - Jul 4 by GaryBannister86

Draper is quality, think he will win it one year.

Boulter has done well outside of Wimbledon, which is a refreshing change, but surely the potential is that Radacanu is better when fit.

Argh, don't go down the "didn't beat a top 10 player" route about her slam. She was a qualifier, hardly a fluke win. She was well worth it. Only the English pick holes in our own winners!

I agree. One of those tired old tropes.

She also got into the fourth round of Wimbledon just before the US Open and was 20th in the world at juniors at the age of 15.

Draper was runner up at Wimbledon juniors at the age of 16. He has also struggled a bit with injury/fitness but hopefully is fit and healthy now for the rest of WImbledon but has so much potential.
Emma Raducando on 15:01 - Jul 4 with 2020 viewsstevec

Was looking forward to this Boulter/Dart match but its been utter pony.
Emma Raducando on 15:06 - Jul 4 with 2006 viewsjohnhoop

The next round is going to be an interesting one for Raducanu. I can remember watching that US Open semifinal in the early hours of the morning and before the start Maria Sakkari was bouncing up and down in front of Emma and flexing her impressive muscles in an attempt to intimidate her.
Emma then flattened her 6-1 6-4 so I imagine Sakkari will be out for revenge tomorrow.
Emma Raducando on 15:09 - Jul 4 with 1984 viewsTheChef

Emma Raducando on 15:06 - Jul 4 by johnhoop

The next round is going to be an interesting one for Raducanu. I can remember watching that US Open semifinal in the early hours of the morning and before the start Maria Sakkari was bouncing up and down in front of Emma and flexing her impressive muscles in an attempt to intimidate her.
Emma then flattened her 6-1 6-4 so I imagine Sakkari will be out for revenge tomorrow.

Looking at pics of Sakkari you have to wonder what kind of, er, supplements some of these players are on...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Emma Raducando on 15:17 - Jul 4 with 1947 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Emma Raducando on 13:47 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Yeh love it, managed to do quite well for tickets.
We found that by getting an LTA membership and keeping it renewed (£25 a year) we seem to steadily be moving up through the ranks and getting offered better and better tix every year.

Yes, my wife and I both play tennis so are members of our club and have to be members of the LTA. we do seem to get tickets most years. One year we got mens semi final tickets. I got talking the bloke next to me who had bought his tickets from shall we say an unofficial route (virtually impossible now) and he had paid £1,200 for his!! And this was probably ten years ago.
Emma Raducando on 15:29 - Jul 4 with 1894 viewsNorthernr

Emma Raducando on 15:17 - Jul 4 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, my wife and I both play tennis so are members of our club and have to be members of the LTA. we do seem to get tickets most years. One year we got mens semi final tickets. I got talking the bloke next to me who had bought his tickets from shall we say an unofficial route (virtually impossible now) and he had paid £1,200 for his!! And this was probably ten years ago.

Fck me, I'd be drinking Stella and watching the tennis at home for that price.
Emma Raducando on 16:16 - Jul 4 with 1726 viewsWelsh_Ranger

This Fearnley game against Djokovic is incredible!
Emma Raducando on 17:02 - Jul 4 with 1623 viewsnix

Emma Raducando on 16:16 - Jul 4 by Welsh_Ranger

This Fearnley game against Djokovic is incredible!

He did so well. Practically nerveless. Just fell a bit short but what a platform for his career.
Emma Raducando on 17:43 - Jul 4 with 1550 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Emma Raducando on 17:02 - Jul 4 by nix

He did so well. Practically nerveless. Just fell a bit short but what a platform for his career.

Agreed, I'm a casual tennis fan when i get the opportunity but to come up against one of the GOATS(hate that term) and to push both the boundaries and Djokovic's buttons was something incredible that shows the future is bright.

I thought Emma was graceful and so composed and showed a great variety of shots on the other side of the coin the other British woman who has been mentioned was very much a powerhouse, shows styles can make fights - for want of a better analogy!

I saw some of eastbourne last week and Jasmine Paolini was great to watch also.
Emma Raducando on 18:55 - Jul 4 with 1448 viewsqueensparker

Used to love bunking off school in the summer in the late 80s / early 90s, getting there at 4am and queuing up for tickets.

You could end up with some decent courts in the early rounds doing that, and even if you only got the cheapest outside courts ticket you’d always find someone leaving in the afternoon pissed on Pimms who’d give you their ticket for the good courts.

Brilliant day out, no idea if it still works like this and still possible?
Emma Raducando on 19:42 - Jul 4 with 1350 viewsderbyhoop

If Radacanu can slaughter a player as highly ranked (33 in the world) as Mertens and stays fit, she will be a top 10 player again. Soon.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Emma Raducando on 19:44 - Jul 4 with 1338 viewsHAYESBOY

Once got Shusht by Gordon Jackson near No 1 court in 1982 for shouting out 'Cowley' while play was on.
Never forget it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Emma Raducando on 20:27 - Jul 4 with 1278 viewsMalintabuk

Not sure if I'm really becoming Victor Meldrew but watching the doubles and the Murray boys.
Why is every shot now followed by grunts.... every point won, you would think they had actually won the match... fist pumping towards their entourage and screaming.... and in doubles before every point we have to have a little conference with hands over mouth.... so we don't give away the game plan...
FFS rember Rod Laver, John Newcombe, Pancho Gonzales... serve win the point get ready for the next one thank you very much
Emma Raducando on 21:13 - Jul 4 with 1210 viewsLogman

Emma Raducando on 20:27 - Jul 4 by Malintabuk

Not sure if I'm really becoming Victor Meldrew but watching the doubles and the Murray boys.
Why is every shot now followed by grunts.... every point won, you would think they had actually won the match... fist pumping towards their entourage and screaming.... and in doubles before every point we have to have a little conference with hands over mouth.... so we don't give away the game plan...
FFS rember Rod Laver, John Newcombe, Pancho Gonzales... serve win the point get ready for the next one thank you very much

Agree with that but did you see the interview with Andy Murray afterwards ? Wow, that was powerful. I thought tennis was staid and boring but that was tear jerking.
Emma Raducando on 21:28 - Jul 4 with 1190 viewsNorthernr

Emma Raducando on 20:27 - Jul 4 by Malintabuk

TBF Scotland were doing goal celebrations over goal kicks 10 minutes into the first game at the Euros.

It's about being a "mentality monster" grandad ;-)
Emma Raducando on 00:14 - Jul 5 with 1036 viewsNed_Kennedys

Emma Raducando on 21:13 - Jul 4 by Logman

Agree with that but did you see the interview with Andy Murray afterwards ? Wow, that was powerful. I thought tennis was staid and boring but that was tear jerking.

He’s had a great career and deserved a special send off.
Just Djokovic still playing on from the big four: not my favourite but respect to him to come out on court for Murray.
Emma Raducando on 02:46 - Jul 5 with 951 viewsSydneyRs

Emma Raducando on 19:42 - Jul 4 by derbyhoop

If Radacanu can slaughter a player as highly ranked (33 in the world) as Mertens and stays fit, she will be a top 10 player again. Soon.

This. She's had endless injury issues over the past couple of years but seems to be over those for now. A great talent.

As for anyone trying to rubbish winning the US Open at 18 from the qualifying rounds without losing a set, words fail me!
[Post edited 5 Jul 3:47]
Emma Raducando on 03:37 - Jul 5 with 931 viewsHAYESBOY

Her performance in winning the US Open I think is up their with Leicester winning the Prem.
She played 3 qualifying rounds as well, and never lost a set.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Emma Raducando on 15:57 - Jul 5 with 687 viewsjohnhoop

Looking forward to Emma’s next match this afternoon but it’s now looking highly probable that it’s going to start at about the same time as the Spain v Germany game which is a bit unfortunate.
Emma Raducando on 20:06 - Jul 5 with 572 viewsnix

Emma Raducando on 15:57 - Jul 5 by johnhoop

Looking forward to Emma’s next match this afternoon but it’s now looking highly probable that it’s going to start at about the same time as the Spain v Germany game which is a bit unfortunate.

It did overlap with the football. I watched Emma as I’m away and footy isn’t great on your phone!

She looked pretty ruthless beating world number nine in straight sets to get into the fourth round. Last time she did that at Wimbledon she won the US Open just afterwards!

She’s got a good chance in the next round playing someone who put out a seed who qualified for the tournament but Emma knows more than anyone that even qualifiers can be dangerous. Good luck in tbe last 16.
[Post edited 5 Jul 20:22]
Emma Raducando on 20:13 - Jul 5 with 555 viewsjohnhoop

Yep I watched it as well and she played extremely well, probably better than she’s done at any time since the US Open. She seems to be in a good place again mentally, relaxed and enjoying her tennis.
I think her confidence seemed to get to Sakkari, who made an amount of unforced errors that you wouldn’t expect from a player of that quality.
As you say, possible banana skin in the next round but if she can maintain that standard she has nothing to fear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024