Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! 10:41 - Jun 29 with 48082 viewsnumptydumpty

Has anyone seen the "Car Crash" performance of Joe Biden in his live TV debate v Trump.

Many times, he lost his train of thought. Often, he was.out of breath and many times he wasn't focusing.

This man is the so called leader of the developed world.

And he is going to get trounced, big time by Donald Trump, who could be beaten quite easily by a mediocre politician.

I really can't see how Americans can feel about their leaders in anyway that is positive whatsoever.

But this debate was shocking.
[Post edited 29 Jun 10:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:09 - Aug 1 with 2537 viewsCLAREMAN1995

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:09 - Aug 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

Not a good look is it? Even in a clipped interview such as this one, which doesn't contain the rest of the interview for the full context it's poor judgement on his part to bite the clear race baiting by the legacy media and respond in such a manner.

However, I'd argue it's not as bad as openly insinuating any African America, Asian American, Latino American, LGBTQIA+ American, or Female American who votes for Trump being severely mentally retarded - which has been done openly on this thread without any repercussion or comment from yourself or others for that matter. The hypocrisy is palpable.

Trump walked into this interview and everybody knew it was a trap but he should have been able to avoid this kind of headline he created today.
Harris has yet to sit down for an interview but when she does it wont start off with an aggressive question like this you can bet on that.
Trump knows the media has worked against him since 2016 yet he takes multiple interviews without the answers being on a card in front of him like Biden but he tripped up here IMO.
He cannot attack her gender or race but stick to the 5 main topics where Biden and Harris have hurt America .
Good news about the prisoner swap today between Russia and the US but dangerous news between Isreal and Iran lets hope Biden is awake and alert
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:18 - Aug 1 with 2493 viewsStJude82

Here is my last word on this thread: The assassination of Jack Kennedy spawned the terms "conspiracy theory/ist". The public were asked to believe that Oswald had acted alone and that there was a "magic bullet". These terms were used to denigrate those who dissented and to dissuade anyone from joining their ranks. Frankly, if you don't know what's going on by now then you never will. You will sleep sounder in your ignorance and I wish I could re-join you. I really do. So brace yourselves for President Harris and peace to all R's.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:19 - Aug 1 with 2506 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/cd16dgz57p9o

It's almost as if he's watched Larry David in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and thought, 'yeah, I'll do that!'

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:29 - Aug 1 with 2482 viewsKonk

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:09 - Aug 1 by CLAREMAN1995

Trump walked into this interview and everybody knew it was a trap but he should have been able to avoid this kind of headline he created today.
Harris has yet to sit down for an interview but when she does it wont start off with an aggressive question like this you can bet on that.
Trump knows the media has worked against him since 2016 yet he takes multiple interviews without the answers being on a card in front of him like Biden but he tripped up here IMO.
He cannot attack her gender or race but stick to the 5 main topics where Biden and Harris have hurt America .
Good news about the prisoner swap today between Russia and the US but dangerous news between Isreal and Iran lets hope Biden is awake and alert

Have you ever seen/heard a Trump interview on Fox?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:39 - Aug 1 with 2459 viewskensalriser

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:09 - Aug 1 by CLAREMAN1995

It doesn't seem like Trump needs to be tricked into saying dumb shit, he's effortlessly capable of saying dumb shit unprompted, all you need is a microphone. I mean, take your pick from countless examples. My favourite's injecting yourself with bleach to beat covid.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:17 - Aug 1 with 2369 viewsSonic_Hoop

You'd think a self-proclaimed bigly genius would have been able to deal with a few awkward questions before his team had to rush him off the stage. He must operate at a higher level that just makes him look like an idiot to mere mortals.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:30 - Aug 1 with 2324 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Agreed. The correct response to the race baiting should've been that Harris is first and foremost an American and that he'd prefer to concentrate on her failings in the role of VPOTUS etc. The race card seems to be the only option left to the Democrats and legacy media now, which I think says more about them than it does of Trump.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:21 - Aug 1 with 2202 viewsJuzzie

I think any interview with any politician should be, what you call, a trap.
i.e tough questions, and how they respond is a clear indication of their knowledge and ability to deal with difficult situations on the spot.
For Trump it should be a no brainer that after all these years people will try and trip him up and he should by now be able to handle it with aplomb but it’s as if there’s no awareness, or that he just doesn’t give a schit. Maybe both.
Login to get fewer ads

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:28 - Aug 1 with 2193 viewsSonic_Hoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:30 - Aug 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

Agreed. The correct response to the race baiting should've been that Harris is first and foremost an American and that he'd prefer to concentrate on her failings in the role of VPOTUS etc. The race card seems to be the only option left to the Democrats and legacy media now, which I think says more about them than it does of Trump.

Race card and race baiting? What do expect the National Association of Black Journalists to focus on?
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:57 - Aug 1 with 2152 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:28 - Aug 1 by Sonic_Hoop

Race card and race baiting? What do expect the National Association of Black Journalists to focus on?

Oh I don't know, maybe as journalists they should ask the candidate for the Presidency questions about the things people in America really talk about - like the price of gas, groceries, healthcare, the spike in crime, immigration, the war in the MIddle East.... I could go on. Pretty much like any other group. This isn’t that complicated, even though the media likes to pretend it is, so it always boils down to race.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 2106 viewsPlanetHonneywood

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:57 - Aug 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

Oh I don't know, maybe as journalists they should ask the candidate for the Presidency questions about the things people in America really talk about - like the price of gas, groceries, healthcare, the spike in crime, immigration, the war in the MIddle East.... I could go on. Pretty much like any other group. This isn’t that complicated, even though the media likes to pretend it is, so it always boils down to race.

Surely, given the state of race relations in the US, if they don't pose questions on this issue to a man with his 'interesting' history on the matter, who will? Race relations/BLM etc. might not be important in your eyes, but for many, it is.

Attached is a chronology of his words and deeds between 1973 and 2020.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/every-moment-donald-trumps-long-complicate

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 20:47 - Aug 1 with 2024 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 19:35 - Aug 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Surely, given the state of race relations in the US, if they don't pose questions on this issue to a man with his 'interesting' history on the matter, who will? Race relations/BLM etc. might not be important in your eyes, but for many, it is.

Attached is a chronology of his words and deeds between 1973 and 2020.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/every-moment-donald-trumps-long-complicate

You're right there, it isn't important in my eyes as I'm not an American citizen and have no say in the matter (and I'm not sure if I'd vote for Trump if I did). Is race an important issue in America? Absolutely, and I didn't suggest it wasn't at all important but from the evidence of this latest 'gotcha' moment by the legacy media it comes across as if that's all that's important to African American voters (and any other group for that matter, although I'm yet to see the Asian American Journalists Association grill Trump on VPOTUS' background). You can see the Youtube algorithm working at full capacity to push and make it front and centre news...

RE: your link - don't for one second think I'm here to defend Trump; if you see my first post commenting on this clip you'll see my reaction to it. But the decent thing to do for anyone is be impartial when talking about such things, and of course because you detest orange man you can only see his faults and fail to point out the other side. Here are just two examples:

VPOTUS Harris basically saying to POTUS Biden (before he endorsed her): "Vice President I’m not saying you’re a racist......but you’re a racist" - if we're going to bring up Trump's historical timeline of comments then absolutely Biden's history of supporting segregation should be front and centre of the debate.

POTUS Biden apologising for being openly racist and everyone being absolutely OK with it (CNN I'm looking at you). Imagine for one second that Trump had uttered those words.

Now I fully expect a predictable response of: "that's whataboutism" or "that may be racist - but not as racist as Trump." Sorry, but racism is racism, and should be called out - anything less is hypocrisy. For example, calling all African Americans (and other groups) mentally retarded for voting for Trump is inherently racist, yet because you broadly agree with the person who said it you let it slide.

In any case, the point I was trying to make is that race is not the only issue that should be at the forefront of any group's mind, because both sides have their murky past when it comes to it. Pandering to one group based on race alone becomes transparent after a period of time, especially after America has voted in an African American as POTUS for two terms - and this is illustrated by the increase of support for Trump from these various minority groups. Take this highly intelligent and brilliant young woman's video calling out VPOTUS Harris' pandering to the African American community:

One last point - you brought up BLM, and I'm glad you did. It's interesting to note that BLM's official Twitter/X account said the following about Harris' elevation to the Democrat's candidate for POTUS: "Kamala was selected, not elected." and "... we are abolitionists and would never encourage our community to vote for someone simply because they are Black."
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 21:56 - Aug 1 with 1962 viewsSonic_Hoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:57 - Aug 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

You think an organisation whose stated aims are is "to provide quality programs and services to and advocate on behalf of black journalists" should avoid questions around race?

I'm sure Trump would have loved to have it pointed out that crime is down under Bìden, that the bi-paritsan border agreement was tanked by Trump etc, but that's for elsewhere
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 01:14 - Aug 2 with 1854 viewsSydneyRs

I wouldn't agree that the media has worked against him. If anything its the opposite. He is clickbait heaven (which is ultimately the only thing they care about) for them so gets endless publicity. I'd argue media coverage has increased his base rather than harmed it. Also he has deliberately spread misinformation for years with little challenge or fact checking on that from the media. They want him around because he makes money for them.

Trump ends up rambling on and making little sense in speeches and interviews a lot of the time so to me he's no better than Biden in terms of mental capacity for the job. His style seems to be to just keep saying things, anything, to stop interviewers in their tracks even if it makes no sense. As for answers on cards, I can't claim to know what goes on there for either of them but I did see Trump get completely lost a while back when his autocue stopped working. Stood there in confused silence for over a minute. If he's the genius some people think he is, and far sharper than Biden, he should have been able to cope with that.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 01:15 - Aug 2 with 1854 viewsSydneyRs

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:25 - Aug 1 by numptydumpty

I don't mind if this thread is stopped Clive.

Apologies. I started it simply because of how bad Biden appeared during his debate with Trump in terms of confusion and brain fog.

I didn't envisage people throwing insults at each other, which some are nasty.

Anyhow also the title of the thread is also irrelevant now.

Perhaps some lurkers may be put off posting about QPR, if they read how some posters are towards each other especially on political threads.

I would not worry if political threads were not allowed and those that wanted to debate, could go elsewhere for that type of debate..

I agree. Its not achieving anything and while many posts are measured and try to make arguments respectfully, there are a few people that are downright nasty and troll like.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 01:18 - Aug 2 with 1852 viewsSydneyRs

This is probably fair to a degree, but Trump has chosen to make his campaign about race/immigrants. He's described them as animals, he talks about building a wall, he says they are all criminals/terrorists and rapists etc.

Therefore in terms of focus on race, he's really made his own bed on that and is trying to use it to his advantage.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 08:52 - Aug 2 with 1576 viewsnumptydumpty

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:38 - Aug 1 by connell10

Agree mate , no one is gonna change their minds and then you just get people trolling . I don't I'll posy on any political threads again to be honest! Anyway Com on URssssss.

I agree with that Connell

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 1452 viewsngbqpr

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 10:43 - Aug 1 by PunteR

Don't think I've ever used the button. Don't particularly feel the need to. I'd rather just stick my nose in tutting.. lol.
Just speaking for myself but I never enjoy getting into arguments on here. I always feel like shit after. It can't be good for anyone's mental health rucking with fellow QPR fans over something they have no control over.
I deleted all my posts on that cycling thread a few months back as it was actually playing on my mind driving through London, and not in a positive way. I was pretty zen about cyclists at the start of the thread and by the end of it I was back to bloody hating them again.
Life's too short mate. I rather LFW be about football, music , insects and family etc.
Also that ignore button only works when you log in. I mostly don't log in unless I have something to say.

I must admit that the reason I follow these threads on LFW (and occasionally contribute to them when not gritting my teeth or shaking my head in disbelief) is that I'm honest enough to admit it's one place (both online and in the real world) where I'm out of my echo chamber.

In truth, my views on some subjects are very strong, and I find it impossible to develop a genuine friendship with someone whose views are diametrically opposed. But I do think it's important to those of us happy to admit to being very much 'on one side' to debate with those on 'the other side' rather than just shout at them or ignore them - we don't have to be best mates, but hear each other out.

The mass appeal of the game means that pretty much every football club in the world will have as wide a range of views within its fanbase as you could find anywhere...and we see that on here.

I do use the ignore button for those whose posts in the political threads on here upset / anger / offend me (no point getting triggered on a football board)...but I still find a lot of contributions that I may not agree with, but which I find reasoned and articulate, and which do make me question some of my own knee jerk views - which I think is healthy.

As an example, some on here have argued coherently about how Trump's isolationist foreign policy arguably makes the wider world a safer place...and I totally get that. Were I eligible to vote in America, the Dems continuing to act as the world's policemen is one thing I'd be ultra uncomfortable with. Personally, there's no way it would tip the scales enough for me to vote Trump - but at least his taking a fresh view on US foreign policy puts it on the agenda.

More importantly - hoping Celar starts tomorrow and looks the part, so we know we have a decent first choice striker and that debate is put on ice for a bit.
[Post edited 2 Aug 10:20]

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 11:09 - Aug 2 with 1369 viewsPunteR

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 10:11 - Aug 2 by ngbqpr

I must admit that the reason I follow these threads on LFW (and occasionally contribute to them when not gritting my teeth or shaking my head in disbelief) is that I'm honest enough to admit it's one place (both online and in the real world) where I'm out of my echo chamber.

In truth, my views on some subjects are very strong, and I find it impossible to develop a genuine friendship with someone whose views are diametrically opposed. But I do think it's important to those of us happy to admit to being very much 'on one side' to debate with those on 'the other side' rather than just shout at them or ignore them - we don't have to be best mates, but hear each other out.

The mass appeal of the game means that pretty much every football club in the world will have as wide a range of views within its fanbase as you could find anywhere...and we see that on here.

I do use the ignore button for those whose posts in the political threads on here upset / anger / offend me (no point getting triggered on a football board)...but I still find a lot of contributions that I may not agree with, but which I find reasoned and articulate, and which do make me question some of my own knee jerk views - which I think is healthy.

As an example, some on here have argued coherently about how Trump's isolationist foreign policy arguably makes the wider world a safer place...and I totally get that. Were I eligible to vote in America, the Dems continuing to act as the world's policemen is one thing I'd be ultra uncomfortable with. Personally, there's no way it would tip the scales enough for me to vote Trump - but at least his taking a fresh view on US foreign policy puts it on the agenda.

More importantly - hoping Celar starts tomorrow and looks the part, so we know we have a decent first choice striker and that debate is put on ice for a bit.
[Post edited 2 Aug 10:20]

I totally get what you saying and I completely agree that different views on stuff (everything) is actually healthy. That's how we learn and evolve with a broader out look on life.
I just think LFW is asking for trouble when it goes down the political road.
There's history between posters that have beef and it only takes one salty post to start kicking things off again. Look at the state of the election thread. Clive has closed it now.
We've both been on this site for years now, and one thing Ive noticed is this just goes in cycles. Clive let's a political thread go, with a caveat of please be nice to each other. Starts off well, then unravels into a slinging shit contest.
There's some really intelligent people on here, with interesting views and it's a shame.
Thank goodness the season is starting.
Look forward to meeting up at a game soon mate. Football and House music is my favourite subject.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 1202 viewsSonic_Hoop

It might not matter how Americans vote after all.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-swing-state-offici
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 20:20 - Aug 2 with 951 viewsloftupper

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:40 - Aug 2 by Sonic_Hoop

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-swing-state-offici

Not impossible that Trump drops out now, pretty much sold his VP out during the NABJ interview, has been distancing himself as much as he can from Project 2025.

He'll stay in the race long enough to ensure he does not go to Prison. He will not want to lose to Harris
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 22:19 - Aug 2 with 829 viewsGaryT

Can you imagine if Trump had said anything so racist? Don't have to imagine, let's just go back to last week.

As for Trump ever apologising for anything, don't hold your breath.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2023/jul/25/did-donald-trump-ever-apologize-c
[Post edited 3 Aug 6:37]
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 23:02 - Aug 2 with 734 viewsHAYESBOY

Trump has too much of an ego to drop out. He also needs to win so he can pardon himself.

Smells like a trout farm in here

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 00:25 - Aug 3 with 658 viewsQuillPenRiot

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:40 - Aug 2 by Sonic_Hoop

If so, it will never be a problem in the future as he told us (at least he told the “beautiful Christians”) that we won’t ever have to vote again, just this last time. He’s so nice and considerate especially as voting is getting more and more difficult these days, for some of us anyway…
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 01:47 - Aug 3 with 1973 viewsloftupper

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 23:02 - Aug 2 by HAYESBOY

Trump has too much of an ego to drop out. He also needs to win so he can pardon himself.

He is not geared up to fight a candidate like Harris, he pretty much said so in one interview where he described it like changing a boxer mid fight, you got one on the ropes and they go and bring in a replacement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024