Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First new signing imminent... (n/t) 16:54 - Jun 27 with 6758 viewssimmo

He's a keeper

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/27/qpr-sign-goalkeeper-paul-nardi/
[Post edited 27 Jun 17:11]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 20:49 - Jun 27 with 2962 viewsChrisNW6

Apparently Murphy is 6ft 2in and Paul Nardi is 6ft 1in

Really hoping Murph was wearing Cuban heels on that day 😂
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 20:51 - Jun 27 with 2940 viewsBoston

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 17:42 - Jun 27 by DannyPaddox

The big question is … opposition cross or corner … does he punch or does he catch?

If he catches I’m calling him Nardi Holder.

Welcome to the Rs 🙌🏼

Good, even if the crossbars not level, a perfect ten of a signing.

Welcome Nadia...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 21:01 - Jun 27 with 2864 viewsLogman

Really telling comment from Marti on his signature: '“He is an attack-minded 'keeper. He tends to play high up the pitch so he can help us to cover a high defensive line if needed because he is aggressive in his positioning'

This is a huge departure from what we are ever used to. I don't think we have ever had a keeper who has been totally happy being an eleventh outfielder and contributing to help us overload at the back. Seny reluctantly maybe but Begovic, Smithies, Lumley, Kenny, forget it.

Well done, Marti !
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 21:09 - Jun 27 with 2817 viewsdaveB

i think this answers how we plan to play next season, the pragmatic way will not be continuing
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 21:38 - Jun 27 with 2718 viewsChrisNW6

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 21:09 - Jun 27 by daveB

i think this answers how we plan to play next season, the pragmatic way will not be continuing

Yep, there were a few oppo keepers playing high up the pitch last season which bugged me and was crying out for Chair to have a few long range shots. Big change for next season and looking forward to it.
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 23:58 - Jun 27 with 2524 viewskensalriser

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 21:01 - Jun 27 by Logman

Really telling comment from Marti on his signature: '“He is an attack-minded 'keeper. He tends to play high up the pitch so he can help us to cover a high defensive line if needed because he is aggressive in his positioning'

This is a huge departure from what we are ever used to. I don't think we have ever had a keeper who has been totally happy being an eleventh outfielder and contributing to help us overload at the back. Seny reluctantly maybe but Begovic, Smithies, Lumley, Kenny, forget it.

Well done, Marti !

Rush goalie. Fiendish.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 00:10 - Jun 28 with 2505 viewsFredManRave

In French it's pronounced Pu Nani

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 00:29 - Jun 28 with 2445 viewsstainrods_elbow

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 00:10 - Jun 28 by FredManRave

In French it's pronounced Pu Nani

Where did you learn French?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 00:40 - Jun 28 with 2456 viewsBoston

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 00:29 - Jun 28 by stainrods_elbow

From the girl who'd just had her first experience of alcohol.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 09:26 - Jun 28 with 2159 viewskernowhoop

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 21:01 - Jun 27 by Logman

Well done, Marti !

'He tends to play high up the pitch...'
Not too far though...eh?
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 09:34 - Jun 28 with 2119 viewsDannyPaddox

Very excited about the first (first XI) signing and respect to Marti, Nourry, Gemini, the AI algorithm, or whoever it was that sourced Nardi. But if the next signing is a player called Laurel then someones having a laugh.
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 09:58 - Jun 28 with 2034 viewsCateLeBonR

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 09:34 - Jun 28 by DannyPaddox

Very excited about the first (first XI) signing and respect to Marti, Nourry, Gemini, the AI algorithm, or whoever it was that sourced Nardi. But if the next signing is a player called Laurel then someones having a laugh.

Saddest thing about this is I actually spent part of my evening yesterday looking for exactly that. A player called Laurel. All I could find was some Ch*lsh*t! player called Lauren James and a Centre-half who was a bit-part player for Ipswich Town in the early 60s 🤷‍♂️
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 10:25 - Jun 28 with 1949 viewsGloucs_R

Only came back from a very serious injury in May. Not really an issue as we have young keepers waiting in the wings.

Looks like he's recently had a baby, so a good family man.

Really interested as to what this means for Walsh? I suspect a season loan somewhere (which served Dieng well) but makes you wonder what Mahoney thinks of being number 2. He wanted game time last season, hence the Swindon load. Good vodcast of him on you tube (mahoney) but needs to stop using the word "like"!!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 10:48 - Jun 28 with 1833 viewsSilverfoxqpr

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 17:22 - Jun 27 by bosh67

First interview

Can he also play up front?
[Post edited 27 Jun 17:23]

Pretty sure he says in that interview he's "exciting to be here at Loft For Words" which is nice. We'll give him another 24 hours to declare his favourite cheese.
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 10:59 - Jun 28 with 1771 viewsflynnbo

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 09:34 - Jun 28 by DannyPaddox

🧑‍🍳 💋
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 11:09 - Jun 28 with 1715 viewsMyke

It's not that many years ago that attacking fullbacks were a new thing. 'Attack minded keeper' really is the final frontier
First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 11:21 - Jun 28 with 1665 viewsMedwayR

https://www.tiktok.com/@nvq9000/video/7307384462449413408

Nasty injury.

Poll: Who’s better?

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 11:30 - Jun 28 with 1620 viewsLblock

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 10:48 - Jun 28 by Silverfoxqpr

Pretty sure he says in that interview he's "exciting to be here at Loft For Words" which is nice. We'll give him another 24 hours to declare his favourite cheese.

Sounds like he's a bit of a Casanova as well.

Very focused on his "Girl keeping"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 11:38 - Jun 28 with 1580 viewsCamberleyR

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 17:59 - Jun 27 by DavieQPR

Open wound fracture. That's when the bone punctures the skin and is much more serious than a broken leg.

A 'David Busst'

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 12:54 - Jun 28 with 1428 viewsFredManRave

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 00:29 - Jun 28 by stainrods_elbow

I have a connection.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 18:24 - Jun 28 with 1063 viewsdmm

Some interesting analysis on Nardi

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 28 with 885 viewssimmo

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 18:24 - Jun 28 by dmm

Some interesting analysis on Nardi

Yeah interesting that the stats don't back up the outside the box stuff, but as it was specifically mentioned by Marti and knowing how we want to play, I'm sure they've seen enough to be confident he can do it.

Hoping we can get proper league loans for at least a few of our youth keepers - getting 50 games into Walsh would be massive for us to know if he's a genuine succession plan

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 09:27 - Jun 29 with 408 viewsswisscottage

First new signing imminent... (n/t) on 11:21 - Jun 28 by MedwayR

https://www.tiktok.com/@nvq9000/video/7307384462449413408

Nasty injury.

ouch.

And that's what every player in the Euros is risking on those pitches at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024