Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euros Match Fred 15:58 - Jun 19 with 13742 viewsBrianMcCarthy

An as it happens fred for all games.

Spoiler alerts.

Absolute belter between Albania and Croatia. Savage game!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Euros Match Fred on 16:59 - Jun 22 with 1356 viewsQPROslo

Euros Match Fred on 13:46 - Jun 22 by hubble

After the match on the BBC the panel went through multiple different views of the incident to an almost forensic level. It was quite clear that the Dutch forward was not close enough to the keeper to either block his view or impede his movement.

The goal should have stood and the panel was in unanimous agreement on that.
[Post edited 22 Jun 13:46]

Opposite view taken on Norwegian TV by Åge Hareide the current Manager of Iceland, who made what i thought was the good point that he didn't know if the Keeper could have saved it or not. What was relevant was that the Dutch player"s position was so close to the Keeper he couldn't try to make the save without being likely to going through him.
Euros Match Fred on 17:05 - Jun 22 with 1321 viewsNed_Kennedys

Euros Match Fred on 16:59 - Jun 22 by QPROslo

Opposite view taken on Norwegian TV by Åge Hareide the current Manager of Iceland, who made what i thought was the good point that he didn't know if the Keeper could have saved it or not. What was relevant was that the Dutch player"s position was so close to the Keeper he couldn't try to make the save without being likely to going through him.

But the keeper didn’t even move to attempt to save it (not that I think he’d have got there anyhow).
If he’d dived and hit the Dutch forward then one could say it should be disallowed but as he didn’t bother I would say the forward was not interfering with play.
Euros Match Fred on 17:16 - Jun 22 with 1297 viewsQPROslo

Euros Match Fred on 17:05 - Jun 22 by Ned_Kennedys

But the keeper didn’t even move to attempt to save it (not that I think he’d have got there anyhow).
If he’d dived and hit the Dutch forward then one could say it should be disallowed but as he didn’t bother I would say the forward was not interfering with play.

Well the Keeper may well not have moved if he thought that if he hit the bloke trying make the save he could have given away a pen and got a card. Whatever I thought the forward was clearly interfering with play and seemed to realise that himself when he wandered discretly away looking like he knew he'd f*kked up when the ball went in the goal.
[Post edited 22 Jun 17:17]
Euros Match Fred on 17:52 - Jun 22 with 1237 viewshubble

Not wishing to labour the point, but as I said, the analysis made it quite clear that the Dutch striker was not close enough to prevent the keeper from diving, had he wanted to. The fact is, he didn't even attempt to dive, because the ball was on the way past him before he could react properly anyway. It should have been allowed!

Watch it for yourself, it's on iplayer.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Euros Match Fred on 18:23 - Jun 22 with 1188 viewsGroveR

Disallowing the goal was the correct decision for me but the main thing is that when this happens again at this tournament - and it will - the same decision is made.

I'd rather see consistently bad refereeing than watching the same offences being penalised or waved on depending on who's commiting them. Which is pretty much what we get week-in, week-out from the cavalcade of clownshoe cùnts refereeing at our level.
Euros Match Fred on 21:48 - Jun 22 with 1095 viewsNed_Kennedys

Amazed how quickly offside decisions are made in this tournament: the latest Belgium one was decided before ITV could show a replay!
Hope the improved technology is in the Premier League next season instead of an age spent ‘drawing lines’ to see if the tip of an elbow is ahead of the defender etc.
Euros Match Fred on 11:13 - Jun 23 with 909 viewsHoopsie

Goal given or not it would still be correct decision, however

The critical point for me is that if the offside opponent is within the goal mouth, goal should be disallowed, keeper tried to save or not notwithstanding

Dumfries was in an offside position within the goal mouth, that his proximity to goal (not the goalkeeper - but he was near enough anyway) should be interpreted as interference as the shooter might take aim at goal to avoid him

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Euros Match Fred on 19:21 - Jun 23 with 772 viewsDorse

According to the BBC coverage, there are 406 million Scottish fans in and around the ground tonight, all of whom are cheeky wee chappies who've walked all the way from Och McGoolie and survived on haggis and shortbread.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Euros Match Fred on 20:48 - Jun 23 with 685 viewsPdog

Why is 3rd place even allowed to qualify?

Is it just to squeeze another game few games out or give the 'bigger teams' a second chance, really don't see the point in it. Anyone care to share the purpose of this?
Euros Match Fred on 20:50 - Jun 23 with 670 viewsMrSheen

I might be unlucky, but I’m still waiting to see Szoboszlai do anything to live up to all the gushing praise every commentator gives him.
Euros Match Fred on 20:51 - Jun 23 with 664 viewsbosh67

Why the f*ck aren't Scotland playing Shankland? He's scored 48 goals in 74 games over the last 2 seasons. He's the Scottish Charlie Austin and he doesn't get a look in. Madness.
[Post edited 23 Jun 21:34]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Euros Match Fred on 21:01 - Jun 23 with 637 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Euros Match Fred on 20:48 - Jun 23 by Pdog

Why is 3rd place even allowed to qualify?

Is it just to squeeze another game few games out or give the 'bigger teams' a second chance, really don't see the point in it. Anyone care to share the purpose of this?

Having big teams like Belgium crash out costs commercially.

As ever, follow the money.
Euros Match Fred on 21:07 - Jun 23 with 599 viewsDorse

Euros Match Fred on 20:51 - Jun 23 by bosh67

Why the f*ck aren't Scotland playing Shankland? He's scored 48 goals in 74 games over the last 2 seasons. He's the Scottish Charlie Austin and he doesn't get a look in. Madness.
[Post edited 23 Jun 21:34]

That is a very good point. Every time I've seen him play, he looks a nightmare for centrebacks. Might not score but seems to makes things happen.

Euros Match Fred on 21:25 - Jun 23 with 559 viewsstainrods_elbow

Euros Match Fred on 16:36 - Jun 19 by TheChef

No mugs in this tournament.

Well other than the Scots I suppose.

And the English.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Euros Match Fred on 21:28 - Jun 23 with 549 viewsstainrods_elbow

Euros Match Fred on 09:51 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I love the Russian one too - so completely OTT!

A bit like their sociopathic president, then.

'Ooh, a bit of politics' (Ben Elton)

Euros Match Fred on 21:29 - Jun 23 with 537 viewsstainrods_elbow

Euros Match Fred on 10:32 - Jun 20 by Lblock

1. God Save the Queen
2. God Save the King
3. Jerusalem

Thanks

Nos 1 and 2 are a national/colonial embarrassment. Blake's number a good bet for a modern UK.

Euros Match Fred on 21:29 - Jun 23 with 540 viewsDorse

One of the Hungarian players badly hurt

Euros Match Fred on 21:32 - Jun 23 with 525 viewsbosh67

Euros Match Fred on 21:29 - Jun 23 by Dorse

One of the Hungarian players badly hurt

He appears to land on smack his head on the ground really hard. He may have swallowed his tongue in the process but very angry how long it took to get the stretcher on. They were dawdling.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Euros Match Fred on 21:34 - Jun 23 with 511 viewsMrSheen

Is that Hungarian sub a footballer? He looks like the world Lumberjack champion.
Euros Match Fred on 21:34 - Jun 23 with 505 viewsstainrods_elbow

On a crucial linguistic note, could someone in the know kindly explain the precise diacritical transformation exerted by a marker of the kind 'Åge'?

Euros Match Fred on 21:36 - Jun 23 with 492 viewsstevec

Euros Match Fred on 21:34 - Jun 23 by MrSheen

Is that Hungarian sub a footballer? He looks like the world Lumberjack champion.

This is pub football at its finest
Euros Match Fred on 21:42 - Jun 23 with 466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Euros Match Fred on 20:50 - Jun 23 by MrSheen

I might be unlucky, but I’m still waiting to see Szoboszlai do anything to live up to all the gushing praise every commentator gives him.

Me too!

Thought it was just me, Sheener.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Euros Match Fred on 21:45 - Jun 23 with 436 viewsToast_R

Scotland unlucky not to win with their zero shots on target.
Euros Match Fred on 21:45 - Jun 23 with 436 viewsMrSheen

Euros Match Fred on 21:42 - Jun 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Me too!

Thought it was just me, Sheener.

Brought the fat lad on to make him look better.
Euros Match Fred on 21:48 - Jun 23 with 417 viewsWegerles_Stairs

This game reminds me of QPR-Reading when we both went down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024