Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 95195 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 19:34 - Jun 25 with 1907 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 19:19 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes, pride flag was also banned.

" “Having a traditional black cab, which is famous all over the world, wrapped in a rainbow flag shows what a truly diverse city we are.”

https://www.vercida.com/uk/articles/tfl-london-gets-pride-themed#:~:text=%E2%80%

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

General Election Thread on 19:41 - Jun 25 with 1886 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 19:34 - Jun 25 by hubble

" “Having a traditional black cab, which is famous all over the world, wrapped in a rainbow flag shows what a truly diverse city we are.”

https://www.vercida.com/uk/articles/tfl-london-gets-pride-themed#:~:text=%E2%80%

Being wrapped in a rainbow flag is obviously different from flying one.
Are there any traditional black cabs left that aren’t covered in ads?
General Election Thread on 19:46 - Jun 25 with 1838 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 19:41 - Jun 25 by stowmarketrange

Being wrapped in a rainbow flag is obviously different from flying one.
Are there any traditional black cabs left that aren’t covered in ads?

Whatever, the simple fact is that the reason Khan has used to ban taxi drivers flying the flag is that it might distract motorists. Do you really buy that? It's utter hogwash. I'm amazed people are actually defending this clearly politically motivated decision.

General Election Thread on 19:51 - Jun 25 with 1830 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 19:34 - Jun 25 by hubble

That isn’t a displayed flag that’s commercial wrapping. If the FA want to wrap a cab in a England flag that’s fine.

See below for example:

General Election Thread on 19:52 - Jun 25 with 1828 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 19:46 - Jun 25 by hubble

Whatever, the simple fact is that the reason Khan has used to ban taxi drivers flying the flag is that it might distract motorists. Do you really buy that? It's utter hogwash. I'm amazed people are actually defending this clearly politically motivated decision.

Cannot stress enough, the law came in under Boris.
General Election Thread on 20:05 - Jun 25 with 1776 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 19:52 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cannot stress enough, the law came in under Boris.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

General Election Thread on 20:17 - Jun 25 with 1768 viewscolinallcars

General Election Thread on 19:19 - Jun 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes, pride flag was also banned.

Why, what have they got against Fuller's ?
General Election Thread on 20:55 - Jun 25 with 1718 viewsstowmarketrange

As was said above,it was Britain loving Boris who banned flags being flown on public transport in 2011 when he was mayor.
[Post edited 25 Jun 20:56]
Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 21:04 - Jun 25 with 1678 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 20:05 - Jun 25 by hubble

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

Class mate 👍
General Election Thread on 23:36 - Jun 25 with 1536 viewscolinallcars

As if we motorists don't have enough dangerous distractions. Like signs saying If You Dare To Drive Down This Street, We'll Fine You £70.
Because it's a wealthy street and only residents may drive down it.
General Election Thread on 19:24 - Jun 28 with 1155 viewswood_hoop

General Election Thread on 19:36 - Jun 28 with 1123 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 19:24 - Jun 28 by wood_hoop

I’m struggling to think of anything in this country that has improved over the last 14 years.Can anyone help me out?
General Election Thread on 20:36 - Jun 28 with 1061 viewscolinallcars

General Election Thread on 19:36 - Jun 28 by stowmarketrange

I’m struggling to think of anything in this country that has improved over the last 14 years.Can anyone help me out?

No, I'm stumped, when looking back at most government's tenure you can come up with something worthwhile and maybe the furlough scheme but that's it I think.
General Election Thread on 21:57 - Jun 28 with 959 viewsLblock

The opposition

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

General Election Thread on 22:03 - Jun 28 with 941 viewscolinallcars

Staying up….no not QPR, but since I retired I always stay up until the wee small hours to follow the results. People think I'm bonkers but I'm armed with a selection of fine ales and some of the ol' Scottish wine.
Anyone else ?
General Election Thread on 22:50 - Jun 28 with 857 viewsHAYESBOY

General Election Thread on 22:03 - Jun 28 by colinallcars

Staying up….no not QPR, but since I retired I always stay up until the wee small hours to follow the results. People think I'm bonkers but I'm armed with a selection of fine ales and some of the ol' Scottish wine.
Anyone else ?

Yes always stayed up to watch which I got from my Dad. Watched them from 1982 onwards.
Was 14 in 82 but Dad let me stay up watch until about 4 am.

1997 being my favourite year. That Portillo moment was priceless.

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 02:01 - Jun 29 with 726 viewsE17hoop

General Election Thread on 22:50 - Jun 28 by HAYESBOY

Yes always stayed up to watch which I got from my Dad. Watched them from 1982 onwards.
Was 14 in 82 but Dad let me stay up watch until about 4 am.

1997 being my favourite year. That Portillo moment was priceless.

I have a clear 5th Jul to catch some sleep because I'll be up all night. Watched them from 1987 and usually last until 4 or 5am

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

General Election Thread on 07:42 - Jun 29 with 636 viewsHAYESBOY

General Election Thread on 02:01 - Jun 29 by E17hoop

I have a clear 5th Jul to catch some sleep because I'll be up all night. Watched them from 1987 and usually last until 4 or 5am

Retired now so can catch up later. Previously have taken a day off or just gone in a little later after an election.
In 2019 I did give up when it was clear that Bojo was going to win comfortably.

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 09:11 - Jun 29 with 554 viewsPlanetHonneywood

General Election Thread on 07:42 - Jun 29 by HAYESBOY

Retired now so can catch up later. Previously have taken a day off or just gone in a little later after an election.
In 2019 I did give up when it was clear that Bojo was going to win comfortably.

Well, depending on whether I'm off to Girona or not, I'll watch. However, if after 10pm BST, the first thing I see is Dimbleby stating the exit polls are predicting the present incumbents will hold on, off the TV goes!

Voted on Monday, hopefully 11 days is sufficient time for my ballot paper to arrive.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

General Election Thread on 09:40 - Jun 29 with 505 viewsessextaxiboy

I will try and stay up although I was looking at the accuracy of the exit polls and barring the rare exception they are very accurate these days, sometimes getting the numbers exactly right . Its just about the big beasts getting toppled after that .
General Election Thread on 09:53 - Jun 29 with 463 viewsessextaxiboy

Child literacy, Furlough , Gay Marriage, increase in personal allowances(almost doubled ) until recently (although the Lib Dems drove that but you either include the coalition years or not ), Energy Bill grants last winter and the 2012 Olympic success and a big one for me Personal Pension reform. While recognising the complete disaster of Truss having 3 from the last 5 prime ministers either Women or Asian
[Post edited 29 Jun 10:01]
General Election Thread on 10:07 - Jun 29 with 436 viewsterryb

General Election Thread on 22:03 - Jun 28 by colinallcars

Anyone else ?

The first time I can remember "staying up"was as a 12 year old in 1964. Polling ended at 9.00pm then (not 21.00 as the 24 hour clock was yet to reach the UK!) & so the first results were declared earlier than now.

The daily papers listed all the constituency candidates on the day of the election & all of the results on the Saturday. I spent hours studying them. Just like I did for the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup & FA Amateur Cup!

I'm sure my geography knowledge of England comes from getting out a UK road atlas & looking to see where the constituencies & football teams were in the country!
General Election Thread on 10:21 - Jun 29 with 403 viewsSonofpugwash

When you've got a flat tyre you don't drive around on it for 14 years to see if it gets better.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 12:07 - Jun 29 with 342 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 09:53 - Jun 29 by essextaxiboy

Child literacy, Furlough , Gay Marriage, increase in personal allowances(almost doubled ) until recently (although the Lib Dems drove that but you either include the coalition years or not ), Energy Bill grants last winter and the 2012 Olympic success and a big one for me Personal Pension reform. While recognising the complete disaster of Truss having 3 from the last 5 prime ministers either Women or Asian
[Post edited 29 Jun 10:01]

Literacy rates are falling according to the Independent,with 30% of 5 year olds falling behind in their expected reading age in 2022/23 compared to only 27% in 2018/19.
Gay marriage is hardly something that the tories achieved on their own.Personal allowances have been frozen for 2 years,and are not going to rise for another 3 to 4 years,but we still have the highest tax burden in 75 years.
The winter fuel allowance was a necessity,or even more of the population would be in poverty.
The furlough scheme saved a lot of jobs,but the amount of money lost in dodgy ppe contracts handed out to their friends cost almost as much.That’s without the money paid out to scammers with bogus companies.
I’m not saying that Labour would’ve done much different to what the tories did,but this will the 1st government in history to leave the people worse off than when they took office.

Most services in this country are on their knees and the country is broken.The only people who have benefited from the last 14 years are the mega rich who have seen their wealth increase while the majority of the country has struggled.
General Election Thread on 12:11 - Jun 29 with 337 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 12:07 - Jun 29 by stowmarketrange

Literacy rates are falling according to the Independent,with 30% of 5 year olds falling behind in their expected reading age in 2022/23 compared to only 27% in 2018/19.
Gay marriage is hardly something that the tories achieved on their own.Personal allowances have been frozen for 2 years,and are not going to rise for another 3 to 4 years,but we still have the highest tax burden in 75 years.
The winter fuel allowance was a necessity,or even more of the population would be in poverty.
The furlough scheme saved a lot of jobs,but the amount of money lost in dodgy ppe contracts handed out to their friends cost almost as much.That’s without the money paid out to scammers with bogus companies.
I’m not saying that Labour would’ve done much different to what the tories did,but this will the 1st government in history to leave the people worse off than when they took office.

Most services in this country are on their knees and the country is broken.The only people who have benefited from the last 14 years are the mega rich who have seen their wealth increase while the majority of the country has struggled.

Nail. On. The. Head.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024