Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 130467 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 18:49 - Jul 4 with 1461 viewsQPR_Jim

General Election Thread on 18:44 - Jul 4 by Esox_Lucius

Link? EV's don't produce emissions.

I think he's talking about the exemption for EVs in the congestion charge zone being removed at the end of next year. Different to ULEZ.

EVs do cause congestion, so assume it's logical measures to prevent central London gridlock as EVs become more popular.
General Election Thread on 19:01 - Jul 4 with 1409 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 17:02 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

It would be in my constituency.And why are 3 of them standing,which is 4 if you the labour candidate suspended for betting on the result.

Independents aren't a party. Some like Count Binface ard there just to waste their £500 deposit and have a laugh. There are 2 in my local seat, one on a single platform of stopping housing development in a local village whereas the one I voted for is running on a multi topic platform including better mental healthcare and affordable social housing and PR. As I said above 30 Independent MP's would prove to be thorny kingmakersand not to be lightly dismissed.
[Post edited 5 Jul 9:21]

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 19:24 - Jul 4 with 1317 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 19:01 - Jul 4 by Esox_Lucius

Independents aren't a party. Some like Count Binface ard there just to waste their £500 deposit and have a laugh. There are 2 in my local seat, one on a single platform of stopping housing development in a local village whereas the one I voted for is running on a multi topic platform including better mental healthcare and affordable social housing and PR. As I said above 30 Independent MP's would prove to be thorny kingmakersand not to be lightly dismissed.
[Post edited 5 Jul 9:21]

How can any of the 3 or 4 win in my constituency though.To me it’s a wasted vote.Jeremy corbyn is likely to get elected as an independent.The ones in my area are likely to get 100 votes each.
General Election Thread on 19:51 - Jul 4 with 1256 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 18:47 - Jul 4 by Sonofpugwash

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/sadiq-khan-to-impose-congestion-charge-on-e

The congestion charge and ULEZ are different things though, right?
Am I being thick here?
General Election Thread on 19:54 - Jul 4 with 1233 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 16:38 - Jul 4 by SheffieldHoop

Mass immigration destroyed people's ability to buy homes and thus their ability to build wealth.

If we as Brits really want to look after each other, we should all vote for reform.

How can you advocate buying up as much property for yourself as possible on the one hand, then call for everyone to look after each on the other?
General Election Thread on 19:55 - Jul 4 with 1231 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 19:51 - Jul 4 by Northernr

The congestion charge and ULEZ are different things though, right?
Am I being thick here?

Also fck all to do with a general election.
General Election Thread on 20:03 - Jul 4 with 1184 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 19:55 - Jul 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Also fck all to do with a general election.

Ah, but then we're back to Watford's point aren't we? What is and isn't important to people, or relevant to this election, is a matter of perception.
General Election Thread on 20:12 - Jul 4 with 1145 viewsDiscodroids

Word of warning lads, my Breakfast room green corduroy strides and titmouse blue old school tie was not accepted as identification at the polling station today.

This being this the case, and in a spirit of the brotherhood of man un to all men of any political doctrine, will the leftists on here Please remember to take Photographic Identification to your local Polling Station.

The Symbionese Liberation Army badge on your GDR Trenchcoat will not suffice as ID under this current Junta.

Thank you,

Major Gowen (Retd).
[Post edited 4 Jul 20:17]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 20:23 - Jul 4 with 1105 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 20:03 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Ah, but then we're back to Watford's point aren't we? What is and isn't important to people, or relevant to this election, is a matter of perception.

Well in that case, I’m urging you all not to vote X party because the cat shit in my toaster this morning.

There are no dog whistles in that one either.
General Election Thread on 20:40 - Jul 4 with 1036 viewsLowerloftLad

No one in my household votes anymore.
So we won't be complaining or really care who gets in.

I Have not followed any of it but now out curtiousty i am wondering who is expected to win my guess is Labour.

I'm more interested in if we can resign willock to be honest.
[Post edited 4 Jul 20:44]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

General Election Thread on 20:41 - Jul 4 with 1031 views222gers

General Election Thread on 20:03 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Justifiability is in the mind of the beholder…..
Who said that ? Search me guv.
General Election Thread on 20:50 - Jul 4 with 988 viewsted_hendrix

When me and Mrs Ted went the the local church hall to put our X in the box provided there were three kids checking us In and I mean kids none of them looked over Eighteen.

I can fully understand people saying bolox to voting they're all bloody useless etcetera, but I think It's valuable almost to the point of thank God or whoever you want to thank that we still live In a Country where you can do exactly that, you know walk down to the local church hall on a sunny afternoon and pick up a bloody pencil and make a decision about your Country with a small pencil and a X.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

General Election Thread on 20:52 - Jul 4 with 982 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 19:24 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

How can any of the 3 or 4 win in my constituency though.To me it’s a wasted vote.Jeremy corbyn is likely to get elected as an independent.The ones in my area are likely to get 100 votes each.

He was second-favourite (albeit close) at the start of the day but now slightly shorter than Labour. Doesn’t necessarily mean anyone knows anything and it’s possibly just hopeful punts from his supporters. A poll paid for by donations to what can only be described as a far left propaganda Twitter account with the aim of showing him well ahead had him well behind a couple of weeks back but people have been travelling from all over the country to campaign in North Islington. Strange hobby to me but then some would consider travelling to Blackburn for a 12:30 KO strange.

I’d be surprised if any other independents got in. One absolute lunatic at a short-ish price in Birmingham in what I think is Jess Phillips’ seat. Feinstein in St Pancras has had his odds cut considerably but still feels impossible. One or two going big on the pledge to free Gaza as independents for a poor part of East London who may go fairly close but I’d be astonished if it got even close to double figures.
General Election Thread on 21:00 - Jul 4 with 934 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 20:52 - Jul 4 by Watford_Ranger

He was second-favourite (albeit close) at the start of the day but now slightly shorter than Labour. Doesn’t necessarily mean anyone knows anything and it’s possibly just hopeful punts from his supporters. A poll paid for by donations to what can only be described as a far left propaganda Twitter account with the aim of showing him well ahead had him well behind a couple of weeks back but people have been travelling from all over the country to campaign in North Islington. Strange hobby to me but then some would consider travelling to Blackburn for a 12:30 KO strange.

I’d be surprised if any other independents got in. One absolute lunatic at a short-ish price in Birmingham in what I think is Jess Phillips’ seat. Feinstein in St Pancras has had his odds cut considerably but still feels impossible. One or two going big on the pledge to free Gaza as independents for a poor part of East London who may go fairly close but I’d be astonished if it got even close to double figures.

Often voted for independents in local council elections.

Having covered councils on local papers I always found the party political stuff at that level a bit mad - Sheffield City Council passing motions on international issues when really you're in charge of bins, roads, trams etc.

A really committed, dedicated, local independent councillor is a brilliant thing, as opposed to people who are only there marking time on their personal attempt to climb the political ladder, or being whipped on party lines on whether you can have free parking on Ripley market place on a Saturday morning or not.
General Election Thread on 21:18 - Jul 4 with 869 viewsCiderwithRsie

General Election Thread on 20:52 - Jul 4 by Watford_Ranger

The one other independent I'd look out for (going completely under the radar) is Jason Zadrozny in Ashfield.

Was a very strong second in 2019, his Ashfield Independents party has absolutely eviscerated Tories, Labour and Lib Dems on his local council (32 out of 35 seats in the 2023 elections) and is now up against
- Lee Anderson - elected as Tory, defected to RefUK
- Tories
- Labour, who held the seat previously.

That sets up a four-way contest (unless Zadrozny gets swamped by the Big Boys, which I think unlikely when he has a disciplined local election winning machine behind him) so thecwinning vote is likely to eb quite low, which I think will suit him.

(Zadrozny is one of the more interesting figures in British politics, but you will never hear of him in the national media because he's not in a national party and he's not an obvious grifter like Galloway or Farage.)
General Election Thread on 21:18 - Jul 4 with 869 viewsOakR

Well I've voted in every election I'm been able to, however today I went in a spoilt my ballot paper. For many many years I've felt I've never had a true vote, so this is my token, admitedly useless, protest vote.

I live in a London borough with a huge Labour majority, with a council where 54 of 54 councillors are Labour. I've voted for all major parties in my life, Labour the most times, but just find the whole thing depressing now - Labour gets the same votes here no matter what they do, their policies or who is in charge.

I'd love PR of some sort.

Will stay up to see some early results but have to be in work for 7am tomorrow so will wake up to see what the majority is, and how bad it has been for the Tories (and maybe the SNP).

Whoever you support, it's definitely time for a change, will be better for us all in the long run I suspect.

Poll: Will we stay up?

General Election Thread on 21:27 - Jul 4 with 827 viewsNorthernr

I really hope this isn't going to be like that one game a season where we all turn up to the Crown expecting QPR to win easily...
General Election Thread on 21:42 - Jul 4 with 772 viewsOakR

General Election Thread on 21:27 - Jul 4 by Northernr

I really hope this isn't going to be like that one game a season where we all turn up to the Crown expecting QPR to win easily...

This is what support QPR does to you!

No way that is happening here!

General Election Thread on 22:00 - Jul 4 with 719 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Get in!!!

(Hopefully)

[Post edited 4 Jul 22:03]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

General Election Thread on 22:04 - Jul 4 with 688 viewsstowmarketrange

General Election Thread on 22:00 - Jul 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Get in!!!

(Hopefully)

[Post edited 4 Jul 22:03]

Projected majority of 170.
General Election Thread on 22:08 - Jul 4 with 655 viewsBostonR

As a life-long Labour voter, I have voted tactically today (LD) to keep the Tories out in the Amersham and Chesham constituency. The poor Tory observer at our polling station received dogs-abuse from voters and I class this as middle - England.
Hopefully Labour get that sizeable majority and start to try and fix some stuff reasonably quickly. Starmer needs to get off the blocks quickly to douse the Tory inquest/revival (hopefully they get destroyed and dampen Reform from making the next 5yrs about populism.
Labour need to set the dogs on Farage and Tice and their band of fruitcakes.
General Election Thread on 22:10 - Jul 4 with 641 viewsPaddyhoops

They had it coming . The worst, most corrupt government in history rejected .
Hoping for slightly better with this new shower .
It looks like acting the feckin eejit has worked for Davey but I do like some of thier policies.
Downside is the projected seats for Farage .
Let’s see how it pans out by this time tomorrow night .
I’m off to bed . Up early to get the economy moving.
General Election Thread on 22:16 - Jul 4 with 608 viewsPlanetHonneywood

General Election Thread on 22:10 - Jul 4 by Paddyhoops

They had it coming . The worst, most corrupt government in history rejected .
Hoping for slightly better with this new shower .
It looks like acting the feckin eejit has worked for Davey but I do like some of thier policies.
Downside is the projected seats for Farage .
Let’s see how it pans out by this time tomorrow night .
I’m off to bed . Up early to get the economy moving.

If labour do well in government, Reform will slowly disappear.

Girona in jeopardy, gong to watch this bad boy out!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

General Election Thread on 22:18 - Jul 4 with 595 viewsdaveB

General Election Thread on 22:22 - Jul 4 with 553 viewsOakR

Some pretty amazing stuff if the poll is correct (which is might not be of course).

Huge Labour majority
Tories losing 2/3rd of their seats
SNP routed
LibDems having not far off half the amount of seats the Tories do
Greens up to 2!

Hard to believe Reform will get 13 seats - that's my biggest query on this poll, be interesting to see what happens.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024