Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players leaving 16:16 - May 22 with 7079 viewscpgerber

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/22/joe-gubbins-moves-on/

No surprise there.

(looked easier to just start a generic thread for the leavers instead of a thread per player or worst, appending the news on an unrelated thread)
Players leaving on 13:31 - Jun 28 with 1517 viewsstainrods_elbow

Players leaving on 07:59 - May 23 by Stainrod

We finally seem to be doing what I hoped we would do for a long time - be less concerned with getting "our own" youth players into the first team (which always struck me as a salary-justifying mission by the likes of Ramsey) and instead polishing some turds sh*t out by more successful academies. I mean it would be lovely if we did develop another Raheem Sterling from the age of about 9, but the odds of it are probably about 100/1 (1000/1?) and even then he would just be pinched from us. The JSC example is surely the one to follow for a club like us. It seems to have taken the arrival of Nourie and years of failure (with Warburton's warnings ignored) to have finally adopted a policy that was probably pretty obviously the right path to many of us fans.

Why do you put 'our own' in scare quotes exactly?

That aside, the gist of your post seems to be we can never run a viable Academy at little ol' QPR, so let's just parasitise the outcasts of others'.

Joyous!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Players leaving on 13:34 - Jun 28 with 1500 viewsstainrods_elbow

Players leaving on 06:25 - May 23 by dmm

And the rest...

Samuel Sackey
Micah Anthony
Hamzad Kargbo
Rafferty Pedder
Joseph Ajose
Nathan Jeche
Trent Rendall
Harry Cant
Arkell Jude-Boyd
Deon Woodman

Regardless of his ability, I demand Arkell Jude-Boyd is reinstated forthwith purely on the basis of his glorious name - which sounds like a 1950s Northern miner mated with Jude the Cat and a Magpie presenter.

Joking aside, that little list is a really depressing statement of footballing failure for the club!

Players leaving on 13:35 - Jun 28 with 1496 viewsAndybrat

So will Willock be the topic on on this thread tomorrow? Feel like the minority but really hope not, noticed he wasn’t in any images yesterday from 1st day back.
Players leaving on 13:39 - Jun 28 with 1441 viewsstainrods_elbow

Players leaving on 13:35 - Jun 28 by Andybrat

So will Willock be the topic on on this thread tomorrow? Feel like the minority but really hope not, noticed he wasn’t in any images yesterday from 1st day back.

I'd go as far as saying it's a make or break season for him! He's 26 and a half! He needs to be tearing up the Champ for us or move on, and I hope that's exactly what Marti is telling him in no uncertain terms. Judging by Sinton's comments about his off-field application while he was injured and then injured again last time out, he doesn't seem the most committed of athletes, unfortunately.

Players leaving on 13:59 - Jun 28 with 1291 viewsAndybrat

Players leaving on 13:39 - Jun 28 by stainrods_elbow

I'd go as far as saying it's a make or break season for him! He's 26 and a half! He needs to be tearing up the Champ for us or move on, and I hope that's exactly what Marti is telling him in no uncertain terms. Judging by Sinton's comments about his off-field application while he was injured and then injured again last time out, he doesn't seem the most committed of athletes, unfortunately.

Just don’t understand when you are in such a privileged position and blessed with talent. Youth is part of the excuse which is why it’s so important to be surrounded by the right people. Wrong thread but such a short career the potential for regrets enormous. Same with Richards so might be a topic on this thread soon
[Post edited 28 Jun 14:00]
Players leaving on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 1290 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Only here will you find a debate between stainrod and his elbow. You've gotta love this site.
Players leaving on 14:03 - Jun 28 with 1264 viewsNorthernr

'Chrissy' is otherwise disposed atm...

Players leaving on 14:13 - Jun 28 with 1177 viewsMedwayR

Players leaving on 14:03 - Jun 28 by Northernr

'Chrissy' is otherwise disposed atm...

He only had to say the magic words "f*ck brentford" and he'd have got his end away!

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Players leaving on 14:44 - Jun 28 with 1045 viewsdubaistu

Missed any????

Gone
Ossie Kakay
Aaron Drewe
Uncle Albert
Andre Dozzell
Jordan Archer
Stephen Duke-McKenna
Joe Gubbins
Asmir Begovic

Loans
Joe Hodge
Isaac Hayden

Development Squad Released
Samuel Sackey
Micah Anthony
Hamzad Kargbo
Rafferty Pedder
Joseph Ajose
Nathan Jeche
Trent Rendall
Harry Cant
Arkell Jude-Boyd
Deon Woodman
Steven Bala

1st Team Extended / Signed
Sinclair Armstrong
Paul Nardi
Dixon-Bonner
Jimmy Dunne

Development Squad Signed / Extended / 1st Pro Contract
Daniel Bennie
Alex Aoraha
Murphy Mahoney
Matteo Salamon
Harry Murphy
Casey Shann
Joe Walsh
Alfie Tuck
Jack McDowell
Lorent Talla
Kieran Petrie
Rocco Friel
Daniel Bennia
Kieran Morgan
Alfie Lloyd
Henry Hawkins
Jake Leahy
Sam Manufor
Noah McCann
Conor Clark
Rohan Vaughan
[Post edited 30 Jun 14:49]
Players leaving on 15:45 - Jun 28 with 917 viewsG_Ottershaw

just a random thought, but has anyone ever entained the idea of a national academy (on a much bigger scale) where instead of individual clubs, with individual budgeting restraints, trying to run their own academys', they simply pay a subscription to a national or league academy? maybe you could have a draft system whereby the smaller clubs get first pick, but they can only retain the player for a set period earning a percentage of the transfer fee in the process ?
i try and equate it to other businesses where you take on X number of apprentices every year, but you're then faced with the reality that only a tiny number might actually make it onto the 'shop floor'! Seems like a massive gamble to me.
Players leaving on 17:12 - Jun 28 with 612 viewsstainrods_elbow

Players leaving on 15:45 - Jun 28 by G_Ottershaw

just a random thought, but has anyone ever entained the idea of a national academy (on a much bigger scale) where instead of individual clubs, with individual budgeting restraints, trying to run their own academys', they simply pay a subscription to a national or league academy? maybe you could have a draft system whereby the smaller clubs get first pick, but they can only retain the player for a set period earning a percentage of the transfer fee in the process ?
i try and equate it to other businesses where you take on X number of apprentices every year, but you're then faced with the reality that only a tiny number might actually make it onto the 'shop floor'! Seems like a massive gamble to me.

Personally, I'd rather see a system which prohibits the purchase/bribery of Academy products until after, say, a year of full adult professional status/availability for first-team selection. Such a move might seem a bit draconian, but it's become a malaise for clubs like ours. Sadly, as things stand, both for us and the game in general, the days of bringing through the likes of Gillard, Francis, Allen and Goddard feel like football in another space-time dimension entirely. It's scandalous the investment 'smaller' clubs make in training and developing young players of many years can be wiped away by the greed, opportunism and stupidity of Prem clubs, agents and the players themselves. As my first exhibit, I give you Josh Bowler, who played literally no games for Everton, while contracted to them, for FOUR years, and then had to drop back down to Hull to get a couple of dozen games of football - clearly, he'd have been far better advised to stay with us for a couple of years at least, but that doesn't make these scumbag agents money, and then naive players and/or their greedy families get their heads turned! He's not the first, and he certainly won't be the last. There needs to be pushback, and it's virtually a duty of professional care issue when you look at players like him.

It's also about players respecting the training and development they've received, and it's no different in principle from other companies in the business world having e.g. contractual restrictions on employees about leaving and setting up in the same sector. The neoliberal values of 'free market' and 'free movement' etc. are quite simply corrosive to the culture of the game.

But I, and others like me, might as well be howling at the moon!
[Post edited 28 Jun 17:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024