Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze for England! 11:34 - May 21 with 46162 viewswortonr

According to the BBC he’s in! Excellent for us but how much do we get if he starts? ( which surely will happen in a pre tournament game)
Eze for England! on 22:06 - Jun 6 with 2984 viewsqueensparker

Congratulations to Eze. Delighted for him. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke.

This reminds me of when Paul Parker played in Italia 90 and all the QPR fans knew he’d be brilliant, or when Crouch got in playing in 2004. Feel like a proud Dad
Eze for England! on 22:30 - Jun 6 with 2866 viewsconnell10

Eze for England! on 16:23 - Jun 6 by paulparker

I like Eze but he is no where near the quality of Grealish who won the treble last year
Southgate has dropped a bollock here not taking him

Don't think so , Grealish has to be the most overrated player in the premiership. Well done Eze.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze for England! on 22:49 - Jun 6 with 2762 viewsqpr_1968

Eze for England! on 18:07 - Jun 6 by Lblock

Ex Palarse player.... blah blah blah!!!

Looks a proper ropey squad at the back to me but always would've been.

That choice of midfielders also pretty shite.
Rice is stand out and Kobe I rate however lacks stamina at the moment.
Wharton is mental -- I never rated him in the Championship but he looks really good at a higher level.

Good luck Ingerlund but i think we'll be home early.
Main thing for me is Eze gets minutes, scores and becomes a player in the £80mill bracket

6 midfielders and 9 strikers.....mmmm

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Eze for England! on 23:02 - Jun 6 with 2722 viewsHunterhoop

Eze for England! on 18:27 - Jun 6 by nix

Ebs has scored against Spurs, Liverpool and Villa - who finished in the top five. In total he scored 11 goals and four assists in the equivalent of 22 full matches. Grealish has scored in total against Spurs, Luton and Palace and scored three goals and one assist in the equivalent of 11 full matches. Grealish is in a team where you'd expect them to make far more chances.

I think Eze provides something different more than Grealish in 2024.

Maddison has also only scored four goals against Bournemouth, Burnley, Fulham and Villa. He's had more assists - nine - but mostly against bottom half sides and only one goal against a top half side since his injury.

So you’re saying he’s “done it” against bigger teams than Grealish this season.

PP. 👋. Over here.
Eze for England! on 23:42 - Jun 6 with 2579 viewsnix

Eze for England! on 23:02 - Jun 6 by Hunterhoop

So you’re saying he’s “done it” against bigger teams than Grealish this season.

PP. 👋. Over here.

Stirrer.
Eze for England! on 00:10 - Jun 7 with 2536 viewsHunterhoop

Eze for England! on 23:42 - Jun 6 by nix

Stirrer.

I’m sure PP is big enough to say “fair enough” when he reads this! 😉

Besides, Eze is one of ours and I really don’t think it was Grealish over Eze. Southgate picked Gordon over Grealish IMO.

I think Eze will get game time this Euros. I think he’s down as Foden’s back up on the left.
Eze for England! on 00:11 - Jun 7 with 2535 viewsSydneyRs

Eze for England! on 22:30 - Jun 6 by connell10

Don't think so , Grealish has to be the most overrated player in the premiership. Well done Eze.

Grealish also seems a bit too fond of going out on the lash.

Players like him, Rashford, Sancho, Henderson etc would have walked into every England squad in the past. The fact they don't now shows how much we've improved.
Eze for England! on 01:22 - Jun 7 with 2458 viewskensalriser

I was wondering if the having it large stories might have something to do with Grealish staying at home, that feels like something that would influence Southgate.
[Post edited 7 Jun 1:23]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze for England! on 09:18 - Jun 7 with 2170 viewsKeithW

Eze for England! on 20:17 - Jun 6 by Sonofpugwash

Grealish dropped.Good enough for Guardiola but not for Southgit.
The sooner we get a new manager in the better.

Good enough for Guardiola??
90 minutes on the pitch in the last 7 league games.
Eze for England! on 09:50 - Jun 7 with 2079 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 09:18 - Jun 7 by KeithW

Good enough for Guardiola??
90 minutes on the pitch in the last 7 league games.

Exactly, and in fact all season he's used him sparingly.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 09:56 - Jun 7 with 2044 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 21:24 - Jun 6 by Spaceman_P

Thrilled for Eze, but feel Southgate has missed some golden opportunities in his selections.

I think he't got it bang on. Maddison and Grealish just haven't been on form this season, even Maddison admits that.
He hasn't missed any golden opportunities, we're arguing over second and third choice players.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 10:03 - Jun 7 with 1991 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eze for England! on 09:56 - Jun 7 by Antti_Heinola

I think he't got it bang on. Maddison and Grealish just haven't been on form this season, even Maddison admits that.
He hasn't missed any golden opportunities, we're arguing over second and third choice players.

This.

Most of these players going into a tournament with a lot of momentum behind them which has been missing previously.

Also (I hope I don't jinx it) few injuries.
Eze for England! on 10:03 - Jun 7 with 1994 viewsterryb

I've no problems with the selections apart from misgivings with the centre halves.

Personally, I think Branthwaite & Quansah are better defenders & footballers than Dunk or Konsa. In a couple of years time I expect they will be the first choice pairing.

Congratulations to Eze & well deserved.
[Post edited 7 Jun 10:05]
Eze for England! on 10:05 - Jun 7 with 1976 viewsgazza1

Big mistake No 1 - not taking Grealish!!! Causes opposition so many problems.

Sorry, not going to go down well on here but Grealish is a better player than Eze and several of the others he is taking to play wide as an attacking player.

Basically a 'shocking' decision......hope there is not too many more otherwise forget winning anything despite having enough top players to win the tournament.
Eze for England! on 10:18 - Jun 7 with 1922 viewshubble

Eze for England! on 01:22 - Jun 7 by kensalriser

I was wondering if the having it large stories might have something to do with Grealish staying at home, that feels like something that would influence Southgate.
[Post edited 7 Jun 1:23]

This was exactly my thought. These days maverick players and their antics are frowned upon, rather than tolerated, by elite managers. Whether Southgate is in that bracket or not, he is certainly on trend with that thinking.

Like most of us, I am delighted that Ebere has got the call up. And where I think Grealish has peaked, Eze has still plenty more to offer. I also feel Eze is a more effective offensive player that Grealish; In JG there is a certain flattery to decieve in those ankle-socks down mazy runs of his that often lead to him being upended. Yes, he offers almost a guarantee of a set-piece free kick or two, and an assist, but so does Eze, plus the ability to score from all sorts of areas that I've never seen Grealish achieve.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Eze for England! on 10:37 - Jun 7 with 1883 viewsdmm

The question now is, how much playing time might Eze get?

I assume Foden, Bellingham and Saka are the starters. However, Saka's form hasn't been good and Southgate appears to be making decisions on player form so that may not be the case.

I imagine Eze will be used as a sub, particularly in a tight game with England needing a breakthrough. Should he do well in that scenario, you never know, he could stake a real claim for a starting place.
Eze for England! on 10:39 - Jun 7 with 1877 viewslassel

Eze for England! on 17:48 - Jun 6 by Antti_Heinola

he ain't picking Gordon over Saka.

I mean you might well be right AH but at the same time he has been making decisions based on form so it’s not conceivable he punts for Gordon who has been flying over Saka.

Of course it’s all ultimately academic as we will be on the plane home the second we play anybody half decent in the knockouts.
Eze for England! on 10:44 - Jun 7 with 1857 viewshantssi

I’m not sure it was a case of Eze or Grealish, more a case of Gordon or Grealish.
Anyway, we’re not talking about starting XI in either case, perhaps third choice, same as Dunk v Branthwaite!
Eze for England! on 11:56 - Jun 7 with 1676 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 10:39 - Jun 7 by lassel

I mean you might well be right AH but at the same time he has been making decisions based on form so it’s not conceivable he punts for Gordon who has been flying over Saka.

Of course it’s all ultimately academic as we will be on the plane home the second we play anybody half decent in the knockouts.

Has he? Haven't been watching all games for both teams, but Saka was picking up fantasy points pretty much every week - his product is exceptional - although Gordon's also been v good this season. I think Saka is nailed on, but we'll see!

Almost every team is knocked out by the first decent team they play. That's how tournament football generally works. That criticism is so overplayed. Denmark were superb in the last Euros, but when we beat them it was all 'well, they're tired now'. When we smashed Germany to little bits it was 'well, they're not very good, so it doesn't count'. Bores me to tears.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 12:11 - Jun 7 with 1610 viewsdaveB

Eze for England! on 10:05 - Jun 7 by gazza1

Big mistake No 1 - not taking Grealish!!! Causes opposition so many problems.

Sorry, not going to go down well on here but Grealish is a better player than Eze and several of the others he is taking to play wide as an attacking player.

Basically a 'shocking' decision......hope there is not too many more otherwise forget winning anything despite having enough top players to win the tournament.

I'd have taken Grealish over Bowen but realistically he's not going to play anyway
Eze for England! on 12:12 - Jun 7 with 1603 viewsdaveB

Eze for England! on 11:56 - Jun 7 by Antti_Heinola

Has he? Haven't been watching all games for both teams, but Saka was picking up fantasy points pretty much every week - his product is exceptional - although Gordon's also been v good this season. I think Saka is nailed on, but we'll see!

Almost every team is knocked out by the first decent team they play. That's how tournament football generally works. That criticism is so overplayed. Denmark were superb in the last Euros, but when we beat them it was all 'well, they're tired now'. When we smashed Germany to little bits it was 'well, they're not very good, so it doesn't count'. Bores me to tears.

Man City regularly get knocked out of the Champions League by the first good team they play and Pep is a genius apparently
Eze for England! on 12:48 - Jun 7 with 1504 viewsPhilmyRs

I agree Grealish is overrated by a lot of fans but he's definitely good enough for an England squad place, so on balance, would have included. However, it's not the worst decision in the world, and I certainly wouldn't knock the Manager too much for this. Of all the attacking players available, Grealish feels the most limited in terms of positions they can occupy. He basically covers the wide left position, and that's it. I know at Villa he played more centrally at times, but he's basically been converted into a permanent fixture wide left. Gordon, Bowen and Foden can play at least 2 potions (3 in Foden's case), if required. While Gordon is the only one with express pace, so I back Gareth with taking him.

This all leads me to think it was a shootout between Eze and Grealish, and guess the attraction of an unknown player, that has no scars from previous tournaments and is different to anything we've had before and will benefit considerably from this experience ahead of the World cup, you can see why the Manager may have taken a gamble on him.

So in summary....think it was a mistake not taking Grealish, but an understandable one and shows some ambition and guts so fair play to him.
Eze for England! on 12:59 - Jun 7 with 1448 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Eze for England! on 11:56 - Jun 7 by Antti_Heinola

That's fair except both of those games were at Wembley.

England don't have a single knockout game major team scalp in the history of football outside of Wembley. Belgium in 1990 maybe the highest profile team? I won't be able to see that changing until it changes.
Eze for England! on 13:30 - Jun 7 with 1343 viewsPaddyhoops

I admit to having a soft spot for Grealish .
That Friday we beat Villa . He was getting dogs abuse.
The cry of “ You’re just a shit Joey Essex “ went up and fair play to him he saw the funny side and applauded R block .
They’re are quiet a few friends in Ireland who are chuffed he’s not going mind.
I think he’s a fine player. I can see him moving soon to get game time.
Eze for England! on 14:10 - Jun 7 with 1211 viewsgazza1

Eze for England! on 12:11 - Jun 7 by daveB

I'd have taken Grealish over Bowen but realistically he's not going to play anyway

Bowen is not top international class.....how he picks him ahead of JG only Southgate knows.

JG is fit and ready to go after limited game time this season with one of the best club sides in the world.....utter madness from Southgate which is what can be expected unfortunately.

I like Shaw but he has not played for weeks and weeks but he still picks him......very strange indeed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024