Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 690707 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:25 - Aug 6 with 7105 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:22 - Aug 6 by bosh67

I think other people have said it but Smyth operates better down the left as he did at Orient, rather than down the right. It's seemingly Marti that wants him to play on the right wing.

That was at league 2 level, he won't be allowed to just cut in all the time at this level with his limited skill-set, as it's all too predictable. That's probably why the MC has rarely played him on the left.
[Post edited 6 Aug 11:38]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:31 - Aug 6 with 7039 viewsDannyPaddox

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:06 - Aug 6 by bosh67

I see we are also after Kieron Bowie from Fulham. Seemed to have a decent 2 year spell at Northampton scoring 14 goals over the 2 seasons. The only problem I can see is that at this level Bowie is an absolute beginner.

If he’s an absolute beginner I guess he’d join all the young dudes in the development squad.
[Post edited 6 Aug 11:33]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:36 - Aug 6 with 6978 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:31 - Aug 6 by DannyPaddox

If he’s an absolute beginner I guess he’d join all the young dudes in the development squad.
[Post edited 6 Aug 11:33]

Well his golden years are are definitely ahead of him but I think he could do a job in the ch-ch-ch-ch-championship.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:52 - Aug 6 with 6785 viewsdannyblue

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:36 - Aug 6 by CateLeBonR

Well his golden years are are definitely ahead of him but I think he could do a job in the ch-ch-ch-ch-championship.

He's gonna be a star, man.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:03 - Aug 6 with 6671 viewsDavieQPR

Bowie is about to sign for Hibs for a significant six figure fee.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:10 - Aug 6 with 6579 viewsDannyPaddox

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:03 - Aug 6 by DavieQPR

Bowie is about to sign for Hibs for a significant six figure fee.

Hibs instead of QPR? He’s a lad insane!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:12 - Aug 6 with 6571 viewsrobith

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:09 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

Andre Dozzell has joined Pompey

It's so sad seeing their fans all excited on twitter. Then I remember I hate them and I get over it
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:15 - Aug 6 with 6523 viewsBristolR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:10 - Aug 6 by DannyPaddox

Maybe he fancies a Life on deep fried Mars
[Post edited 6 Aug 13:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:09 - Aug 6 with 6062 viewsMrSheen

Prefers wearing green to bloo-hoo.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:34 - Aug 6 with 5754 viewsE17hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:12 - Aug 6 by robith

It's so sad seeing their fans all excited on twitter. Then I remember I hate them and I get over it

There's a thread on one of their messageboards about him:

I can't find any mention of him on the QPR fans forum site to see what they thought about him leaving. There is nothing I can find on the Sheffield United site either, although the local paper seem to think the the club were thinking of taking him on. They seemed to think that he showed up reasonably well in the friendly games he played, not spectacular nor poorly.

Looking at his background he appears to be well experienced at Championship level without being outstanding. He has represented England at 4 different age group levels. He is not a player that creates chances or scores goals but is more on the defensive side. One can only surmise why he never stayed at Birmingham as there doesn't seem to be anything anywhere that touches on that. They may well have decided that he wasn't for them or, conversely, the player himself didn't want to drop a league. Wages may have been an issue for either or both parties.

So we seem to have a player who would appear unspectacular but steady at Championship level.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:40 - Aug 6 with 5675 viewsSpaceman_P

"So we seem to have a player who would appear unspectacular but steady at Championship level."

Poor innocent pompey fans.... who ultimately will have the last laugh, us, them or Dozzel?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:43 - Aug 6 with 5637 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:40 - Aug 6 by Spaceman_P

"So we seem to have a player who would appear unspectacular but steady at Championship level."

Poor innocent pompey fans.... who ultimately will have the last laugh, us, them or Dozzel?

I suspect the Pompey fans' appreciation of what constitutes 'steady' is about to undergo change!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:45 - Aug 6 with 5617 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:34 - Aug 6 by E17hoop

I can't find any mention of him on the QPR fans forum site to see what they thought about him leaving. There is nothing I can find on the Sheffield United site either, although the local paper seem to think the the club were thinking of taking him on. They seemed to think that he showed up reasonably well in the friendly games he played, not spectacular nor poorly.

Looking at his background he appears to be well experienced at Championship level without being outstanding. He has represented England at 4 different age group levels. He is not a player that creates chances or scores goals but is more on the defensive side. One can only surmise why he never stayed at Birmingham as there doesn't seem to be anything anywhere that touches on that. They may well have decided that he wasn't for them or, conversely, the player himself didn't want to drop a league. Wages may have been an issue for either or both parties.

So we seem to have a player who would appear unspectacular but steady at Championship level.

Nah he is just Shite.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:48 - Aug 6 with 5543 viewsE17hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:45 - Aug 6 by connell10

Nah he is just Shite.

I've told them.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:06 - Aug 6 with 5358 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:52 - Aug 6 by dannyblue

He's gonna be a star, man.

Bowie’s stats look very good. Chance conversion rate especially.

He shoots, anisocoria!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:06 - Aug 6 with 5353 viewsgolborne

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:19 - Aug 6 by Loyalitat

At this level Smyth is woeful on the left when going forward and attempting to take on defenders. He cannot manipulate the ball in the manner of Chris Willock and his play is very predictable.

Rak-Sakyi barely played any football last season. His spell in division one was the season before last.

£14m to Southampton were the rumours going around Palace last week, so not sure he'll be coming here on loan I'm afraid
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 5261 viewsdannyblue

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:34 - Aug 6 by E17hoop

Well here's what I told my pompey supporting dad...

He was wet for us. Over 100 games I’d say. Very few goals (one excellent thunderblaster), very few assists (one excellent beat 4 players through ball), very few forward passes, lots and lots of receiving the ball from centrebacks and giving it back to them without even thinking of turning, or carrying. No tackles. No interceptions. No dribbles. No arriving in the box. One stupid red card, maybe more. No set piece delivery (well he took a couple decent corners, but never got duty full time). No fight. No bottle. No desire. No competive streak. Quiet. Christened Andre the friendly ghost by the excellent QPR journo. Good technique though, and passes the ball crisply if given time and space and he happens to feel like it. Our upturn in form last season coincided with us offloading him in January to Birmingham. Who would give a starting midfielder to a relegation rival? hmmm? They put him in the team but did not arrest their plummet. Once Mowbray was ill, Dozzell couldn’t even get in that team that got relegated. We replaced him with a loan in the same position paid for by the wages saved and survived with games to spare. With a 1+1 year deal Pompey probably know the risk, but despite the sting of that I think Andre will be pleased to have got a championship contract.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:18 - Aug 6 with 5236 viewsSilverfoxqpr

"I can't find any mention of him on the QPR fans forum site".....not looked on here then clearly!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:38 - Aug 6 with 5032 viewsDannyPaddox

Jeez the length of the Bowie Hibs contract.
Five years! FIVE YEARS!
[Post edited 6 Aug 14:39]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - Aug 6 with 4845 viewswortonr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:38 - Aug 6 by DannyPaddox

Five years! FIVE YEARS!

What a surprise
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:11 - Aug 6 with 4681 viewshamptonhillhoop

Five years! FIVE YEARS!

Five Golden Years no doubt
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:26 - Aug 6 with 4518 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hibs have also beaten QPR to the signing of promising youngster .........

David "Junior" Hoilett.

Signed a 1 year deal apparently.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 4445 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Five years! FIVE YEARS!

Can’t believe that.

My brain hurts a lot.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:34 - Aug 6 with 3885 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:19 - Aug 6 by Loyalitat

At this level Smyth is woeful on the left when going forward and attempting to take on defenders. He cannot manipulate the ball in the manner of Chris Willock and his play is very predictable.

Rak-Sakyi barely played any football last season. His spell in division one was the season before last.

Maybe so but ...

... for the first game of the season, if Rak-Sakyi comes in on the right and with Chair still injured, then Smyth, I suspect, will be selected ahead of the younglings, Kohli or Llyod.

What will be interesting is whether it will be Frey or Celar up front?
I suspect he will go with Frey for now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:06 - Aug 6 with 2939 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:34 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

Maybe so but ...

... for the first game of the season, if Rak-Sakyi comes in on the right and with Chair still injured, then Smyth, I suspect, will be selected ahead of the younglings, Kohli or Llyod.

What will be interesting is whether it will be Frey or Celar up front?
I suspect he will go with Frey for now.

Frabotta has signed for WBA. I know he was meant to come here. Maybe he thought he was coming here and he's just dyslexic?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024