Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All-Irelands 2024 Thread 14:07 - Apr 22 with 5252 viewsMrSheen

Ludicrously early start has caught us out again, but so far so good for me as:
1) Tipp hurlers haven't played anyone yet
2) Both Cork teams have
Can't see past the two champions, though even a Kilkenny win might be welcome by now and someone from Ulster must have a chance in the football. Any more expert opinions here?
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 08:10 - Jul 14 with 1281 viewsEsox_Lucius

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 13:36 - Jul 9 by Paddyhoops

Castlerea, Tipper about 15 miles west of strokestown .
Wonderful footballer called Tom Corcoran hailed from there back in the 80s
Strokestown has one of the widest streets in Ireland.
Nice to have another Rossie on board . Was lonely for years.

Ballinasloe family here.

The grass is always greener.

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 09:34 - Jul 14 with 1238 viewsPaddyhoops

Kerry must have been empty yesterday with that semi final on.
Or maybe not .
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:18 - Jul 21 with 1019 viewsPaddyhoops

Superb All Ireland final . Too many wides from Clare costing them .
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 20:06 - Jul 21 with 969 viewsCLAREMAN1995

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:18 - Jul 21 by Paddyhoops

Superb All Ireland final . Too many wides from Clare costing them .

Shocking shooting really plus very bad decision making Paddyhoops but they never threw in the towel and are worthy Champions .
They are old now and at least 5 stalwarts will hang it up so look for Cork to dominate for the next few years
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 00:25 - Jul 22 with 870 viewsbob566

What a game that was. Well done the banner
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 10:23 - Jul 22 with 755 viewsSydneyRs

Bit gutted for Cork. Finally the ones to take Limerick down and don't finish the job. You can't concede 3 goals in a final and expect to get away with it. Will be 20 years without an All Ireland now.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:13 - Jul 28 with 525 viewsMrSheen

Much better finish than the game deserved! Well done Armagh though, doesn’t come round often.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:20 - Jul 28 with 509 viewsBoston

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:13 - Jul 28 by MrSheen

Much better finish than the game deserved! Well done Armagh though, doesn’t come round often.

...not for them anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:47 - Jul 28 with 497 viewsPaddyhoops

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:13 - Jul 28 by MrSheen

Gaelic football is dying on its arse . A poor spectacle apart from
last ten minutes.
Armagh deserved it for being braver in possession and taking risks with thier kicking .
Galway left at least five points out there with poor kicking .
Rule changes needed.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 18:25 - Jul 28 with 477 viewsrobith

My dad was from Galway, my mum is from Cork. It has not been a good couple of Sundays for my household
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 19:04 - Jul 28 with 457 viewsWatfordR

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 17:47 - Jul 28 by Paddyhoops

last ten minutes.
Armagh deserved it for being braver in possession and taking risks with thier kicking .
Rule changes needed.

You are right about the game and about the result. It's nothing we haven't seen in soccer many times, but it can't be right that a team with such limited ambition comes away with the title of Champions.

I can appreciate the job that Armagh did in defence, they really did a number on Galway there imo. But they got through Galway much more easily when they did attack, and it would be great to think Armagh might have been confident enough to go toe to toe.

The difference in quality between what the hurlers routinely produce compared to the footballers is night and day.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 19:07 - Jul 28 with 454 viewsPaddyhoops

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 18:25 - Jul 28 by robith

My dad was from Galway, my mum is from Cork. It has not been a good couple of Sundays for my household

Being a neighbour of Galwegians in Roscommon. I was hoping they could do it . Did a Mayo on it today and shot too many wides.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 00:55 - Jul 29 with 385 viewsCLAREMAN1995

last ten minutes.
Rule changes needed.

A crime was committed in Croke Park today serving up that pile of crap first half in the showcase game of the year.I cannot stand the modern game of passing/pissing around instead of going for the scores its both boring and useless IMO.
I kept comparing the time on the clock and the low scores to the hurling last week when it was score after score and incredible skill and ferocious hits all over the place.
Galway blew it big time shooting horrible wides and kicking a few into the keepers hand the ultimate useless result but fair play to Armagh they held on
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 03:24 - Jul 29 with 371 viewsSydneyRs

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 00:55 - Jul 29 by CLAREMAN1995

A crime was committed in Croke Park today serving up that pile of crap first half in the showcase game of the year.I cannot stand the modern game of passing/pissing around instead of going for the scores its both boring and useless IMO.
I kept comparing the time on the clock and the low scores to the hurling last week when it was score after score and incredible skill and ferocious hits all over the place.
Galway blew it big time shooting horrible wides and kicking a few into the keepers hand the ultimate useless result but fair play to Armagh they held on

I hadn't watched football for some time and was shocked by how boring and slow the game has become. Hurling miles better.
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 07:34 - Jul 29 with 338 viewsBrianMcCarthy

First of all, belated congrats to Bannerman. Well deserved, my man!

Still on holidays and chose not to watch Armagh yesterday. They play awful football and it’s a pity that it was effective. Galway usually play nice stuff, but it can be hard to play well against Armagh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 08:07 - Jul 29 with 313 viewsrobith

All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 03:24 - Jul 29 by SydneyRs

I hadn't watched football for some time and was shocked by how boring and slow the game has become. Hurling miles better.

One things as the most casual of casual fans is hurlers seem to use the field 3 dimensionally much better. Partially due to how far they can hit the ball, but it must be fairly demoralising in football to constantly be running the overlap only to see the lad has passed it 30m backwards
All-Irelands 2024 Thread on 08:28 - Jul 29 with 289 viewsMrSheen

last ten minutes.
Rule changes needed.

I only see a couple of games a year, but do they change rules often? Who decides, can it be imposed top-down, or do the counties have to be brought on one by one? Though the competition format seems to be different every three years, it looks to my untrained eye to be the same basic game as 50 years ago, only with more subs and the mark. On the latter, presumably an import from International Rules, I'm surprised its used so sparingly, sometimes it doesn't get used at all, even as the platform for scores like in AFL. It might be the same game, but I don't remember it being so stiflingly dull before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024