Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 84304 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Begovic on 14:47 - Jun 27 with 2796 viewshoops_legend

Good timing for all! Thanks Begovic but one more season would have been a huge mistake for him and us! Good luck

Looking forward to seeing who our new keeper will be
Begovic on 14:53 - Jun 27 with 2718 viewskensalriser

Begovic on 14:47 - Jun 27 by bosh67

That's what seems to have been quoted with Hayden on a similar figure. Everyone else seems to be on what you would call 'vaguely sensible wages'.

https://footiehound.com/queen-park-rangers-f-c-players-wages-and-salaries/
Clearly no one on this site can actually add up!!
https://salarysport.com/football/championship/queens-park-rangers/

being the two sources that may be right or wrong. Cook is very highly paid but took a huge drop from his salary at Bournemouth... and he's been amazing.

Both sites actual figures vary quite wildly so who knows. Taylor Richards really is a problem if either of these figures is correct?
[Post edited 27 Jun 14:51]

It's just made up.

Begovic knows what he was on, his agent knows, the club knows and his missus might know. That's it.
[Post edited 27 Jun 19:39]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Begovic on 15:09 - Jun 27 with 2620 viewsJuzzie

I find it odd in this day and age that people seem to still think they know what a player's contract is and that salary figures quoted on any number of websites somehow have validity.
Begovic on 15:46 - Jun 27 with 2447 viewsHAYESBOY

Now on offy.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/27/asmir-begovic-departs/

Smells like a trout farm in here

Begovic on 15:48 - Jun 27 with 2426 viewsblacky200

Begovic on 14:53 - Jun 27 by kensalriser

It's just made up.

Begovic knows what he was on, his agent knows, the club knows and his missus might know. That's it.
[Post edited 27 Jun 19:39]

Not quite true. Bank employees know too. An ex of mine used to work in a bank that a well known player of ours used (this was back in the 80's). I saw him there one day and asked her if she knew what he was earning. She said she did but wouldn't tell me what it was lol
Begovic on 16:15 - Jun 27 with 2191 viewslassel

As said earlier in this thread I don’t think it was ever likely he was going to stay - I’m sure both sides kicked the tyres as a last resort but both had better options elsewhere.
Begovic on 16:31 - Jun 27 with 2117 viewssimmo

Another smart choice - we're making a habit of them recently

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Begovic on 16:34 - Jun 27 with 2088 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 15:46 - Jun 27 by HAYESBOY

Now on offy.

With a decent thank you for last season’s efforts.
Absolutely the right decision not to renew: just need his replacement to be better and more suitable for the way Cifuentes plays.
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 17:26 - Jun 27 with 1909 viewsderbyhoop

Letting Begovic go and replacing with Nardi should make a big difference to our outgoings on wages.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Begovic on 17:34 - Jun 27 with 1853 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 17:26 - Jun 27 by derbyhoop

Letting Begovic go and replacing with Nardi should make a big difference to our outgoings on wages.

I've heard that Nardi is on £30,001 p/w.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Begovic on 18:22 - Jun 27 with 1732 viewscolinallcars

Begovic on 17:34 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

And Luncheon Vouchers….
Begovic on 19:02 - Jun 27 with 1615 viewsMyke

Begovic on 18:22 - Jun 27 by colinallcars

And Luncheon Vouchers….

I personally had no issues with Begovich and wish him all the best. I know Clive wasn't a fan having watched him week in and week out and other people here living locally found it hard to get past his Chelsea connections
For me he kept a hell l of a lot of clean sheets especially in the 2nd half of the season- a disproportionate amount for our league position- and allowed us to win vital low scoring games along the way like Blackburn Swansea and -probably most critically of all- Preston.
I know nothing at all about Nardy, never heard of him until a few days ago. I am a little disappointed that Walsh has again been jettisoned as our No 1 and wonder when if ever he will be ready.
That said a warm welcome to Nardy and the very best wishes for the season ahead.
Begovic on 20:30 - Jun 27 with 1363 viewsderbyhoop

Begovic on 19:02 - Jun 27 by Myke

I personally had no issues with Begovich and wish him all the best. I know Clive wasn't a fan having watched him week in and week out and other people here living locally found it hard to get past his Chelsea connections
For me he kept a hell l of a lot of clean sheets especially in the 2nd half of the season- a disproportionate amount for our league position- and allowed us to win vital low scoring games along the way like Blackburn Swansea and -probably most critically of all- Preston.
I know nothing at all about Nardy, never heard of him until a few days ago. I am a little disappointed that Walsh has again been jettisoned as our No 1 and wonder when if ever he will be ready.
That said a warm welcome to Nardy and the very best wishes for the season ahead.

It may be Walsh as #1, and Nardi as #2. Unlikely but possible.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Begovic on 20:47 - Jun 27 with 1295 viewsBeejnewark

Begovic on 20:30 - Jun 27 by derbyhoop

It may be Walsh as #1, and Nardi as #2. Unlikely but possible.

I'd say VERY unlikely.

First upgrade done, anyway.
Begovic on 21:14 - Jun 27 with 1219 viewsslmrstid

Begovic on 20:47 - Jun 27 by Beejnewark

I'd say VERY unlikely.

First upgrade done, anyway.

I can't imagine we've signed a 30 year old keeper from a club in Belgium to stick him on the bench behind a 21 year old.
Begovic on 21:28 - Jun 27 with 1175 viewsJevlar

I’m trying to think of a QPR keeper in the last 25 years who stayed on his line more than he did. Granted, he made a few important saves but equally he dropped a few points (Plymouth especially) too.

Overall, given his profile, he was a little underwhelming.

Excited about the new keeper (who I know nothing about!)
Begovic on 21:36 - Jun 27 with 1131 viewsdmm

Some interesting and, I think, insightful comments by WLS https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-signing-highlights-direction-cifuentes-w
Begovic on 21:38 - Jun 27 with 1122 viewsHoopsie

Not sure about Nardi

Played 8 games all of last season including 5 league games

Not played more than 30 in a season for last 4 years

Is it a Gemini AI algorithms selection? How can it tell if he played so few games if he’s any good? Clean sheets, shot stopping, aerial flap, ball to feet?

We are still picking up players from the others’ bench. And if he is going to be number 1 what about Walsh?

I want to be positive but the above does not inspire

Hope to be proven wrong, good luck Nardi, I wish him success at QPR

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Begovic on 21:41 - Jun 27 with 1107 viewsdmm

Begovic on 21:38 - Jun 27 by Hoopsie

Not sure about Nardi

Played 8 games all of last season including 5 league games

Not played more than 30 in a season for last 4 years

Is it a Gemini AI algorithms selection? How can it tell if he played so few games if he’s any good? Clean sheets, shot stopping, aerial flap, ball to feet?

We are still picking up players from the others’ bench. And if he is going to be number 1 what about Walsh?

I want to be positive but the above does not inspire

Hope to be proven wrong, good luck Nardi, I wish him success at QPR

The reason Nardi played so few games last season was because he suffered a broken leg. Before that, he was playing many more games.
Begovic on 21:43 - Jun 27 with 1094 viewscollegeranger

Begovic on 18:22 - Jun 27 by colinallcars

And Luncheon Vouchers….

And a Daewoo company car
Begovic on 21:57 - Jun 27 with 1064 viewsSuperhoops2808

Begovic on 11:33 - Jun 27 by Welsh_Ranger

No Nourry announcement soundbites on his professionalism and wishing him luck says alot?

Imagine if you had waited for an official announcement - Your post aged well!!

Begovic on 23:29 - Jun 27 with 890 viewsNorthLondonR

"Paul Nardi, Paul Nardi... pretty sure there's nothing to be scared of..... have you ever, have you eeever, have you ever seen him with his gloves off?"
Begovic on 00:09 - Jun 28 with 800 viewsLoftgirl

Begovic on 17:34 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Sauce?
Begovic on 00:46 - Jun 28 with 757 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Begovic on 21:36 - Jun 27 by dmm

Some interesting and, I think, insightful comments by WLS https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-signing-highlights-direction-cifuentes-w

interesting article but I disagree on their point signing Begovic was a mistake .
Who else was there and would anybody else play every second of every QPR game while under all that pressure and stress of a dogfight to stay up .
He did all he could and yes butchered a few games but its just football and the keeper has nowhere to hide .
Best of luck to him lets hope our new guy can be ever present and match the clean sheets
Begovic on 05:49 - Jun 28 with 556 viewsGroveR

Begovic on 14:25 - Jun 27 by Lanhoop

Interesting that he's put it out there but 4 hours later and there's still nothing from the club.

He can at least say he got to something first during his time here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024