Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick London gone! 14:59 - Nov 25 with 47781 viewsjtuck

Don't know why but stream just started with that.

Andy Sinton still co-comms.

Some guy called Billy Wright main comms.

LAranger

Nick London gone! on 15:11 - Sep 16 with 4268 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nick London gone! on 14:48 - Sep 16 by tkqpr

I miss Nicks commentry, liked whats been said i find this new guy a bit bland and no personality. Whereas Nick just had something about him. Shame.

I know you haven't said anything horrible there mate but I hope he doesn't read this site. He's only young, and he's doing a decent job. It's a really hard job, much harder than a lot of fans give commentators credit for (and I'm as bad as anyone for screaming at Matterface when he's attempting commentary on ITV) and as I think he's a QPR lad, maybe we can support him a bit? Not his fault Nick was moved on after all.

Bare bones.

Nick London gone! on 15:15 - Sep 16 with 4218 viewsnumptydumpty

Nick London gone! on 15:07 - Sep 16 by dmm

That 'something' was that Nick is a lifelong Ranger so our games really meant something to him.

It's very difficult to recreate a passion

A Liverpool fan is going to find it hard to show excitement with an away leveller for QPR at Rotherham.

The guy doing the commentary is a young professional attempting to make his way in his profession and it's far from easy.

But yes ideally should be a fan who also can commentate. Clearly no such person around.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Nick London gone! on 15:25 - Sep 16 with 4133 viewsBoston

Nick London gone! on 14:48 - Sep 16 by tkqpr

I miss Nicks commentry, liked whats been said i find this new guy a bit bland and no personality. Whereas Nick just had something about him. Shame.

Nick' London's a fan, he had motivation beyond a paypacket when commentating. He was, just like most supporters , upbeat when things were going well, not so much when they weren't. He tended to speak his mind, or at least express himself a little more than the professional play by play type, which offended the 'ruling class'. The incident that led to his dismissal seemed, to me anyway, to be an intimation of things going on behind the scenes at Loftus Rd, which apparently is a no no.
He was and still is my favourite Rangers broadcaster because he brought passion and emotion to the ears of someone like me who prefers a good old fashioned (semi),biased report.
I'll continue to tune in but it's not nearly the enjoyable experience it used to be, even if we're winning.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nick London gone! on 15:45 - Sep 16 with 3935 viewsRagingbull1932

The new young lad may not be a QPR supporter but I think he is doing a very good job and is an improvement on Nick London I think. The only QPR supporters who I think would be qualified to do the club commentaries are Phil Parry and Tony Incenzo but neither are available. Phil Parry would be my number one first choice but he already has a very good job with the BBC. Also I have heard from someone who knows him that Tony Incenzo who was already very well off has cut back on most of his work completely after he inherited a colossal sum of money from a relative in Italy a couple of years ago so he doesn't have to work anymore.
[Post edited 16 Sep 15:56]
Nick London gone! on 15:48 - Sep 16 with 3905 viewsBklynRanger

Nick London gone! on 13:34 - Sep 16 by Toast_R

I think that was the allocated Sky commentator because when I watched the extended ones on Sky's Youtube channel, it was his coverage. Smythe indeed.

Maybe they re-route to that broadcast if the official QPR one goes down.

I had my earphones in and at one point heard someone in the background saying something like 'If it goes green that means its disconnected so you have to hold it in' - or words to that effect.

Seemed it was the most literal of connection problems - you couldn't make it up.

The replacement comms-bot did his best, that's about the most positive thing I could say.

Come back Brett Angel, all is forgiven.
Nick London gone! on 16:01 - Sep 16 with 3813 viewsrobith

Nick London gone! on 15:25 - Sep 16 by Boston

Nick' London's a fan, he had motivation beyond a paypacket when commentating. He was, just like most supporters , upbeat when things were going well, not so much when they weren't. He tended to speak his mind, or at least express himself a little more than the professional play by play type, which offended the 'ruling class'. The incident that led to his dismissal seemed, to me anyway, to be an intimation of things going on behind the scenes at Loftus Rd, which apparently is a no no.
He was and still is my favourite Rangers broadcaster because he brought passion and emotion to the ears of someone like me who prefers a good old fashioned (semi),biased report.
I'll continue to tune in but it's not nearly the enjoyable experience it used to be, even if we're winning.

Sorry, but it didn't offend the ruling class, he violated a NDA which is deeply unprofessional, especially for someone working in communications at a football club at a second tier club. I loved him on comms, but real talk the only job he could've done that in and kept his employment is politics
Nick London gone! on 16:01 - Sep 16 with 3796 viewsstevec

Commentary is a dying art in football, I’d be perfectly happy to watch Rangers playing to a Benny Hill soundtrack.

It might even put a bit more pace in the side.
Nick London gone! on 16:03 - Sep 16 with 3789 viewsHeadington

I liked Nick. He was a bit of a one-off. Passionate and amusing. I like Tyler too. I prefer him to the two who stood in after Nick's departure. He has a very good rapport with Andy Sinton which works well. Reads up on the opponents. Makes thoughtful comments. Seems to love QPR.
Login to get fewer ads

Nick London gone! on 16:20 - Sep 16 with 3681 viewsRagingbull1932

Has anyone seen Nick London at Loftus Road since his dismissal? Hope he is keeping well.
Nick London gone! on 16:22 - Sep 16 with 3636 viewsPunteR

Nick London gone! on 15:45 - Sep 16 by Ragingbull1932

The new young lad may not be a QPR supporter but I think he is doing a very good job and is an improvement on Nick London I think. The only QPR supporters who I think would be qualified to do the club commentaries are Phil Parry and Tony Incenzo but neither are available. Phil Parry would be my number one first choice but he already has a very good job with the BBC. Also I have heard from someone who knows him that Tony Incenzo who was already very well off has cut back on most of his work completely after he inherited a colossal sum of money from a relative in Italy a couple of years ago so he doesn't have to work anymore.
[Post edited 16 Sep 15:56]

Prob don't need to say that last bit about Incenzo. I'd guess he wouldn't want the general public to know all that. If true.
[Post edited 16 Sep 16:23]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nick London gone! on 16:29 - Sep 16 with 3594 viewsJeff

Nick London gone! on 16:20 - Sep 16 by Ragingbull1932

Has anyone seen Nick London at Loftus Road since his dismissal? Hope he is keeping well.

See and speak to him pretty frequently, he's on good form.

Can we not knock it?

Nick London gone! on 16:41 - Sep 16 with 3503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nick London gone! on 16:29 - Sep 16 by Jeff

See and speak to him pretty frequently, he's on good form.

Good to hear.

It's an incredibly difficult job and I think we're lucky to have Tyler. I do miss Nick London, though. He was really excellent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nick London gone! on 16:50 - Sep 16 with 3449 viewskernowhoop

Nick London gone! on 16:01 - Sep 16 by stevec

Commentary is a dying art in football, I’d be perfectly happy to watch Rangers playing to a Benny Hill soundtrack.

It might even put a bit more pace in the side.

Just the soundtrack? No visuals...?
Nick London gone! on 17:03 - Sep 16 with 3412 viewstkqpr

Nick London gone! on 15:11 - Sep 16 by Antti_Heinola

I know you haven't said anything horrible there mate but I hope he doesn't read this site. He's only young, and he's doing a decent job. It's a really hard job, much harder than a lot of fans give commentators credit for (and I'm as bad as anyone for screaming at Matterface when he's attempting commentary on ITV) and as I think he's a QPR lad, maybe we can support him a bit? Not his fault Nick was moved on after all.

Yea i know what your saying and im not taking grievance with you at all.

However if your gonna be paid to do a job at the club and be the 'voice' of the club that thousands hear and rely on, then surely you gotta be qualified and experienced and not as mono-toned and somewhat dull at reporting the action? Bit harsh maybe but Nick/Tony he is not and if he does read this, i wish him well, i dont mean to be rude, however some have a good voice for audio and some dont, but this is a fans forum isnt it?

And if your not a QPR fan as well then i dont know how he got the gig??

I just wanna hear a bit more passion/emotion from my commentators that i pay to listen to, and with Nick we had it.
Nick London gone! on 17:27 - Sep 16 with 3280 viewsLanhoop

Nick London gone! on 17:03 - Sep 16 by tkqpr

However if your gonna be paid to do a job at the club and be the 'voice' of the club that thousands hear and rely on, then surely you gotta be qualified and experienced and not as mono-toned and somewhat dull at reporting the action? Bit harsh maybe but Nick/Tony he is not and if he does read this, i wish him well, i dont mean to be rude, however some have a good voice for audio and some dont, but this is a fans forum isnt it?

I just wanna hear a bit more passion/emotion from my commentators that i pay to listen to, and with Nick we had it.

Just 2 weeks ago…

Tyler and Sints cam comms at Luton by bosh67 4 Sep 22:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk3xl5nD9mM

Really great stuff. A few people have commented that Tyler isn't even an Rs fan. Watch this and you'll see that even if he wasn't he is fast falling in love with all things Rangers. Kicks every ball, silently sings all the songs. Great relationship with Andy. Not an easy job to commentate but great work from both of them.

Nick London gone! on 17:43 - Sep 16 with 3210 viewsbosh67

Nick London gone! on 17:27 - Sep 16 by Lanhoop

Just 2 weeks ago…

Really great stuff. A few people have commented that Tyler isn't even an Rs fan. Watch this and you'll see that even if he wasn't he is fast falling in love with all things Rangers. Kicks every ball, silently sings all the songs. Great relationship with Andy. Not an easy job to commentate but great work from both of them.

Fickle fans. The lad's doing an excellent job.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nick London gone! on 20:05 - Sep 16 with 2773 viewsChrisNW6

More importantly, anyone worried about Andy Sinton not taking a proper breadth before saying his lines. I know he's already got a gruff voice but at times it sounds like he's holding his breadth and talking at the same time.

That's impressive, if he is!
Nick London gone! on 05:46 - Sep 17 with 2192 viewsBlackCrowe

Nick London gone! on 17:03 - Sep 16 by tkqpr

I think he's really good.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Nick London gone! on 08:37 - Sep 17 with 1800 viewsPdog

Tyler is doing just fine in my opinion. He's a young lad probably mid 20's showing maturity beyond his years, no doubt still learning and people improve / find their feet with experience.

I don't need a football commentator to entertain me, if the football is shit the football is shit. Just guide me along and don't interfere with my viewing frequency, that's it. Who really listens to them in depth anyway? It's less about what you say and more how you say it (within reason): accent / voice tone neutral.

Also, watching some streams with the oppo comms dear me.. Tyler keeps it professional.
[Post edited 17 Sep 8:40]
Nick London gone! on 09:14 - Sep 17 with 1665 viewsderbyhoop

The Audio on QPR+ was erratic in 1st half. 2nd half Tyler and Andy never got on at all. I don't know where they got the replacement commentator from but, my God, he was dull.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Nick London gone! on 09:56 - Sep 17 with 1478 viewsfrancisbowles

Nick London gone! on 09:14 - Sep 17 by derbyhoop

The Audio on QPR+ was erratic in 1st half. 2nd half Tyler and Andy never got on at all. I don't know where they got the replacement commentator from but, my God, he was dull.

I presumed we picked up the Sheff Weds commentary. Sounded like he was leaning towards the Owls.
Nick London gone! on 13:26 - Sep 17 with 1073 viewsLazyFan

Tyler is doing a better job than London, in my view.
He has better analysis and, unlike London, knows who has the ball 99% of the time. London's eyesight was clearly going as he often got the player's names wrong when in possession (and that's being diplomatic). Sinton had to correct him too many times. London had more gravitas than Tyler does right now. But that will come with experience and in time. Tyler has shown he's better than that bland bloke who took over for the 2nd half at Wed. Now that person is boring, which shows that Tyler is okay and can improve.

In addition, not only did London break the rules and mention internal bulling (which I quite like but is not allowed by QPR), but he also went too far in how he called Bamford a cheat. Yeah sure Bamford does cheat, but in that instant he did not, he was just stupid like Asmir as they both fell over. And also when you do mention cheating you don't go wild about it and on and on as London did. Essentially he had lost control of his commentary with that and the allegations he put out there. Along with the constant poor commentary on who has the ball and it's time to go as your doing more damage than good. He lost control of himself and the quality was degrading, time to go.

Also, does anyone think Sinton doesn't support Newcastle?
Of course, he does. But as we can see, you can have second teams.
For now, Tyler is an improvement over London.

zzzzzzzzzz

Nick London gone! on 13:51 - Sep 17 with 975 viewsNed_Kennedys

Nick London gone! on 13:26 - Sep 17 by LazyFan

Tyler is doing a better job than London, in my view.
He has better analysis and, unlike London, knows who has the ball 99% of the time. London's eyesight was clearly going as he often got the player's names wrong when in possession (and that's being diplomatic). Sinton had to correct him too many times. London had more gravitas than Tyler does right now. But that will come with experience and in time. Tyler has shown he's better than that bland bloke who took over for the 2nd half at Wed. Now that person is boring, which shows that Tyler is okay and can improve.

In addition, not only did London break the rules and mention internal bulling (which I quite like but is not allowed by QPR), but he also went too far in how he called Bamford a cheat. Yeah sure Bamford does cheat, but in that instant he did not, he was just stupid like Asmir as they both fell over. And also when you do mention cheating you don't go wild about it and on and on as London did. Essentially he had lost control of his commentary with that and the allegations he put out there. Along with the constant poor commentary on who has the ball and it's time to go as your doing more damage than good. He lost control of himself and the quality was degrading, time to go.

Also, does anyone think Sinton doesn't support Newcastle?
Of course, he does. But as we can see, you can have second teams.
For now, Tyler is an improvement over London.

Bamford blatantly dived and got our keeper sent off.
He clearly cheated in that instance: even the less thick Leeds fans were embarrassed by the incident.
Nick London gone! on 14:01 - Sep 17 with 943 viewsdmm

LazyFan, why do you think Sinton is a Newcastle fan? I've not read anything to that effect. He was born near there but never played for them. In fact, as a youngster he turned down an opportunity to sign for them.
Nick London gone! on 14:19 - Sep 17 with 873 viewsFredManRave

Nick London gone! on 17:27 - Sep 16 by Lanhoop

Just 2 weeks ago…

Didn't see the original post. Just watched it and would suggest any doubters watch it and see for themselves just how good Tyler is.

Great game to have the commentary cam on, and it's just the highlights but you can see Parker is more than just competent and he actually does give a fcuk.

And it's bloody great to hear the Rangers fans in full voice.

Well worth a watch. Thanks for reposting.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024