Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr 100% Norwich thread 21:34 - Nov 24 with 44533 viewscolinallcars

Proud of my 100% record - well, it's one out of one.
Still, rainbows I'm inclined to pursue so I'll go for a long awaited win and gee'd up by Clives desciption of Norwich's poor form.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:13 - Nov 26 with 2074 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Blackpool beat Portsmouth (27 matches unbeaten in League One) four-nil at Fratton Park yesterday. I'm glad we have Marti now but it just shows what a shitshow this club has been over the last year, getting rid of Critchley and replacing him with Ainsworth.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:27 - Nov 26 with 2037 viewsjoe90

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:58 - Nov 25 by Ned_Kennedys

You’ve posted a few times on this thread implying that Chair is our best player and our best chance of staying up: he really isn’t and has had a terrible season in the main. Cifuentes has got to work out how to get him playing much better starting with looking up and passing more.

Truth is, there isn’t a player who can or will carry this team. At this point the gaffer has to aim for for incremental improvements via tactics/set up.

We need a 1 or 2 percent improvement across the entire team. It’s damage limitation at this point. The helicopters have left Saigon. Nobody is coming for us.

I think Willock has mentally checked out after his injury and subsequent managerial changes. He’s not coming back. Chair is trying to carry the team but can’t. Kakay has heart, but we need ability. Dozzell is Dozzell, I could go on, we all get the picture. There is no magical turnaround happening. Much like when Meursault realised sitting in his prison cell, that universes is indifferent, so too must we expect our fate. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Edit: Maybe I should posted this in the ‘existential’ thread? Who cares? What’s the point? If we win Tuesday I’ll feel completely different!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 10:31]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:40 - Nov 26 with 1967 viewstraininvain

Feels like Jimmy Dunne gets a pass from most our fans despite consistently being at fault for soft goals conceded over the past 12-18 months. Hopefully JCS will be fit enough to start on Tuesday night.

I see people calling for Chair to be dropped but who are you going to replace him with from our squad. Smyth should be starting alongside Chair and Willock to give us any chance of scoring a goal. Richards has looked so off the pace whenever he’s featured this season and shouldn’t be anywhere near starting until he’s fit enough.

We’re not exactly blessed with any better options than Chair so he has to start despite the frustration with him trying to do too much.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:43 - Nov 26 with 1959 viewsNed_Kennedys

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:09 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who is the best player from our current squad in your opinion?

Field.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 13:02 - Nov 26 with 1731 viewsmart_Goblin

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:27 - Nov 26 by joe90

Truth is, there isn’t a player who can or will carry this team. At this point the gaffer has to aim for for incremental improvements via tactics/set up.

We need a 1 or 2 percent improvement across the entire team. It’s damage limitation at this point. The helicopters have left Saigon. Nobody is coming for us.

I think Willock has mentally checked out after his injury and subsequent managerial changes. He’s not coming back. Chair is trying to carry the team but can’t. Kakay has heart, but we need ability. Dozzell is Dozzell, I could go on, we all get the picture. There is no magical turnaround happening. Much like when Meursault realised sitting in his prison cell, that universes is indifferent, so too must we expect our fate. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Edit: Maybe I should posted this in the ‘existential’ thread? Who cares? What’s the point? If we win Tuesday I’ll feel completely different!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 10:31]

I’ve heard and read so much about Willock throwing it in, bad attitude , not giving a shit etc etc on here, on podcasts and everywhere else.

I am totally in the minority and I accept that, but I just don’t believe that, at least as much as some.

I just think that he’s done.
He has exactly the same injury as Michael Owen had and it’s had exactly the same affect. He just can’t push off, and he certainly can’t do anything with speed. Last summer he would receive the ball and immediately push off with pace and power .
You can see that that has gone now . Owen never got it back and unfortunately neither will Chris.
When he gets the ball now, everything is done so slowly because his injuries just won’t allow him to do it any quicker.

I hope beyond hope that the more he plays the stronger and quicker he gets but I fear that’s not the case .
But with the exception of 1 incident at home to Coventry last season I just can’t see any other evidence of bad attitude or him not caring.
I just think it’s a little lazy and incumbent more of the state we are in , to just claim he’s jacked it in, rather than look at the actual problem .

Only my opinion and I expect to be shot down for it but I think it needed to be said.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 13:43 - Nov 26 with 1666 viewsRangersw12

Just seen the goal again and Dunne at fault again

Seems to get a free pass from fans but he is a bit of a liability at times and we need to hope JCS can stay fit (it is the season for miracles )

For me on the rare occasions we've played well over the last 2 years it's been when a CB was bringing the ball out and driving into midfield which created space further up the pitch . This would suit JCS more than Dunne imo .
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 13:44]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 13:52 - Nov 26 with 1641 viewsbaz_qpr

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 13:02 - Nov 26 by mart_Goblin

I’ve heard and read so much about Willock throwing it in, bad attitude , not giving a shit etc etc on here, on podcasts and everywhere else.

I am totally in the minority and I accept that, but I just don’t believe that, at least as much as some.

He has exactly the same injury as Michael Owen had and it’s had exactly the same affect. He just can’t push off, and he certainly can’t do anything with speed. Last summer he would receive the ball and immediately push off with pace and power .
You can see that that has gone now . Owen never got it back and unfortunately neither will Chris.
When he gets the ball now, everything is done so slowly because his injuries just won’t allow him to do it any quicker.

I hope beyond hope that the more he plays the stronger and quicker he gets but I fear that’s not the case .
But with the exception of 1 incident at home to Coventry last season I just can’t see any other evidence of bad attitude or him not caring.
I just think it’s a little lazy and incumbent more of the state we are in , to just claim he’s jacked it in, rather than look at the actual problem .

Only my opinion and I expect to be shot down for it but I think it needed to be said.

I agree with you, he now needs to alter his game, to compensate, but the contract part has clearly not helped
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 13:56 - Nov 26 with 1634 viewsnumptydumpty

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 13:43 - Nov 26 by Rangersw12

Just seen the goal again and Dunne at fault again

Seems to get a free pass from fans but he is a bit of a liability at times and we need to hope JCS can stay fit (it is the season for miracles )

For me on the rare occasions we've played well over the last 2 years it's been when a CB was bringing the ball out and driving into midfield which created space further up the pitch . This would suit JCS more than Dunne imo .
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 13:44]

Dunne has zero pace and when he is out of position, it obviously opens us up completely.

He is one who wants to win but perhaps run down by malaise throughout the club. Better for his career to leave us. I think he would play better elsewhere like Dickie before him.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:20 - Nov 26 with 1489 viewsjoe90

I very much agree with you.

Also to add, I’m sure in a few games early on this season I saw players doubling up on him, almost seemed like they were targeting him.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:42 - Nov 26 with 1364 viewsDorse

Not going to shoot you down Mart. I think you're fundamentally right with respect to his injuries. The other view on his attitude etc is linked to the cognitive dissonance regarding where he thinks he should be playing, at what level and for what money. At his best, he absolutely should be playing a level up from QPR. Trouble is, he hasn't been anywhere near his best for a long time but the feeling is that he is still eyeing the exit and browsing the diamond-encrusted Bentley catalogue.

Personally, I think his representation had sold him on a move when he was at his peak, couldn't get it done, he got injured and now they are stuck with a diminished commodity in a buyer's market. They can't cut him loose because he might still make them a few quid, so they keep his ego pumped up whilst trawling the Help Wanted section in Exchange & Mart.

I agree with you, he is not the same player as he was and he needs to adjust his game. His best option might be a move but that won't happen if he's not producing.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:56 - Nov 26 with 1237 viewsLoyalitat

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:42 - Nov 26 by Dorse

Not going to shoot you down Mart. I think you're fundamentally right with respect to his injuries. The other view on his attitude etc is linked to the cognitive dissonance regarding where he thinks he should be playing, at what level and for what money. At his best, he absolutely should be playing a level up from QPR. Trouble is, he hasn't been anywhere near his best for a long time but the feeling is that he is still eyeing the exit and browsing the diamond-encrusted Bentley catalogue.

Personally, I think his representation had sold him on a move when he was at his peak, couldn't get it done, he got injured and now they are stuck with a diminished commodity in a buyer's market. They can't cut him loose because he might still make them a few quid, so they keep his ego pumped up whilst trawling the Help Wanted section in Exchange & Mart.

I agree with you, he is not the same player as he was and he needs to adjust his game. His best option might be a move but that won't happen if he's not producing.

Heck of a lot of suppositions laced with a tinge of stereotyping, to boot, of a person fitting a particular characteristic. Doubtless, none of which you can substantiate by way of tangible evidence.

Of course, if you are privy to all matters associated with Chris Willock, then I extend my apologies.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 19:55]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:20 - Nov 26 with 1071 viewsDorse

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:56 - Nov 26 by Loyalitat

Heck of a lot of suppositions laced with a tinge of stereotyping, to boot, of a person fitting a particular characteristic. Doubtless, none of which you can substantiate by way of tangible evidence.

Of course, if you are privy to all matters associated with Chris Willock, then I extend my apologies.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 19:55]

I might be. I move in strange circles.

To be fair, supposition is implied when using the phrase 'I think'. Can't agree with you on stereotyping - nothing I wrote fits the definition.

Did you mean that I'd unfairly characterised him? In that case, I probably did - I don't know the man - but his reps haven't really helped our view of him. Clive's referenced them a few times in previews / reports.

Thought he played well in the first half yesterday - said so earlier on. Who knows where this ends up? Might be the start of something.*

* Said that too.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:50 - Nov 27 with 719 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why do some of you / probably one of you respond to opinions you don’t like in the style of Rumpole of the Bailey?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 18:52]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:01 - Nov 27 with 678 viewskensalriser

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:50 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why do some of you / probably one of you respond to opinions you don’t like in the style of Rumpole of the Bailey?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 18:52]

Are you able to provide any substantiation for that statement?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024