Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Les and Hoos 21:32 - Nov 29 with 15514 viewszicoshoops

So….
We’re looking for a new Manager.
Do your homework, do your research.

I must admit I’m not really fussed.
You can appoint Kim Jong bastard Un, if he could do the job, but……..

Do not appoint another Chelsea supporting Manager like Agent Beale.

Once can be considered careless and a mistake…..
Twice?
Well, that would be unforgivable.

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Sir Les and Hoos on 10:43 - Dec 1 with 2543 viewsslmrstid

Bond, Ferdinand, Warnock and Eustace were never appointed permanent managers of the club so that is very selective statistical work.
Sir Les and Hoos on 11:01 - Dec 1 with 2506 viewsfrancisbowles

Sir Les and Hoos on 21:05 - Nov 30 by Northernr

Well, as you know, I think your rabid determination to bring everything wrong with the club back to Lee Hoos, to the point you're bringing him up in threads about how we're defending set pieces, completely undermines your point (some of which this week has been valid) and switches people off. Literally, more than half the active posters on here now have you on ignore, so they've missed your blanket barrage over the last 48 hours. Even as a lightning rod and a provocateur for debate, to drive the board and bring people into the conversation, if you've been so obnoxious to people that everybody here has you on ignore I don't know how your approach furthers your cause at all.

And as you also know I think your constant digs at people's intelligence which have continued this week, like anybody who thinks you might be wrong about a couple of things you've said or have gone over the top, is a moron who hasn't been intellectually capable of reading the post properly, or has but hasn't "read between the lines", is insulting. Behaving like your own sht doesn't stink, screaming about TEN MANAGERS when it's six. It's insulting to everybody you level it at, on a message board that is 99% QPR with a couple of Brentford fans lauding it over us and one wonderful Fulham fan we all love.

It's unnecessary. We're all QPR fans here, we should treat each other with more respect than you afford people who don't want to read your 300th post of the week about how us having a sht reserve goalkeeper is a Lee Hoos conspiracy.

And I also don't see how anybody who's now openly called for the fans to rise up and physically attack executives at the club (a post I've been forced to intervene and edit) can continue to criticise other people for being thick, or anything else frankly. I get the 'passion' thing, I've done stuff at games I regret, written and said things I'd take back, but fcking hell.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well said, Clive and it needed saying. Your patience with SE has been admirable.

Unfortunately though it doesn't seem to get through and to add insult upon insult, he won't answer the questions put back his way, unless it suits his take to do so.

He may have had one or two agreeable private messages but the vast majority of the board disagree with most of his views and how he presents them.
Sir Les and Hoos on 11:04 - Dec 1 with 2490 viewsdaveB

Sir Les and Hoos on 10:43 - Dec 1 by slmrstid

Bond, Ferdinand, Warnock and Eustace were never appointed permanent managers of the club so that is very selective statistical work.

Ferdinand and Bond were never in charge either. Ramsey took over from Redknapp
Sir Les and Hoos on 11:10 - Dec 1 with 2394 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 10:43 - Dec 1 by slmrstid

Thanks for that. As I said, my data included caretakers/acting managers.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:12 - Dec 1 with 2393 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:01 - Dec 1 by francisbowles

Well said, Clive and it needed saying. Your patience with SE has been admirable.

Unfortunately though it doesn't seem to get through and to add insult upon insult, he won't answer the questions put back his way, unless it suits his take to do so.

He may have had one or two agreeable private messages but the vast majority of the board disagree with most of his views and how he presents them.

Ah yes, and the 'vast' (read, quasi-moral) majority must be right, right?

Personally, I'm much happier being a minority taste rather than a patronising plonker.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 11:22]

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:16 - Dec 1 with 2448 viewsslmrstid

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:10 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

Thanks for that. As I said, my data included caretakers/acting managers.

So its not accurate then is it?

By all means argue your point, but if you present inaccurate data you just undermine yourself.

Luckily for you I've not got you on ignore so I can raise this point
Sir Les and Hoos on 11:16 - Dec 1 with 2374 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:04 - Dec 1 by daveB

Ferdinand and Bond were never in charge either. Ramsey took over from Redknapp

Nit pick if you must, but Bond, Ferdinand and Ramsey all had their hands on their reins at different stages, actually - there was a hiatus until Ramsey was made official post-Redknapp. As I say, in any event, my main point about our recruitment record stands whether or not you can get over your pettiness and take it. The Beale debacle is just the thin end of the wedge for what has been a clusterf*ck by any standards for years.

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:20 - Dec 1 with 2393 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sir Les and Hoos on 09:25 - Dec 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Les arrived in February 2015 when we were bottom and we were relegated in April 2015 as bottom. That is not Les relegating the club and you know it.

Erm, yes it is. We could have stayed up but we chose to go down, waste our parachute payments, and here we are eight seasons on.
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:24 - Dec 1 with 2330 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:16 - Dec 1 by slmrstid

So its not accurate then is it?

By all means argue your point, but if you present inaccurate data you just undermine yourself.

Luckily for you I've not got you on ignore so I can raise this point

What are you talking about? Right at the start, I said ten managers (contracted, acting, caretaker, any other description) since 2015 - which is correct. Not six, not seven - ten! If you can't follow that, just pipe down, eh?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 11:25]

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:37 - Dec 1 with 2360 viewsslmrstid

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:24 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

What are you talking about? Right at the start, I said ten managers (contracted, acting, caretaker, any other description) since 2015 - which is correct. Not six, not seven - ten! If you can't follow that, just pipe down, eh?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 11:25]

"Just pipe down, eh?"

No.
Sir Les and Hoos on 11:53 - Dec 1 with 2253 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:37 - Dec 1 by slmrstid

"Just pipe down, eh?"

No.

No problem - I've made my point, you've failed to understand it, we move on.

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:58 - Dec 1 with 2296 viewsdaveB

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:16 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

Nit pick if you must, but Bond, Ferdinand and Ramsey all had their hands on their reins at different stages, actually - there was a hiatus until Ramsey was made official post-Redknapp. As I say, in any event, my main point about our recruitment record stands whether or not you can get over your pettiness and take it. The Beale debacle is just the thin end of the wedge for what has been a clusterf*ck by any standards for years.

Knew i shouldn't have got invovled, not trying to be petty and can get over you having an opinion just saying that Ferdinand and Bond would have helped with the coaching but Ramsey was manager for the Southampton and Sunderland games after Redknapp left then they gave him the job full time.

Thats not suggesting that our recruitment in terms of managers has been great or even good but just pointing out those 2 were never managers.
Sir Les and Hoos on 11:59 - Dec 1 with 2301 viewsslmrstid

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:53 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

I haven't failed to understand your point, I believe your point to be inaccurate. There's a difference.
Sir Les and Hoos on 12:04 - Dec 1 with 2285 viewsPhildo

How is the mid season break going for everyone? Not worrying about QPR and putting a few more tins on the BBQ for the lovely summer weather world cup?

Anyone?

Nurse?

Why am I here. Where are my slippers? I demand to see the doctor.
Sir Les and Hoos on 12:24 - Dec 1 with 2218 viewsfrancisbowles

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:12 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

Ah yes, and the 'vast' (read, quasi-moral) majority must be right, right?

Personally, I'm much happier being a minority taste rather than a patronising plonker.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 11:22]

Still at it with the insults

I'd interpret Clive's response as a warning and rein it in a bit.
Sir Les and Hoos on 13:05 - Dec 1 with 2147 viewsJuzzie

Caretaker Manager's can never really be considered a proper Manager, as it were. They just hold the reins for a few weeks while the next permanent Manager (for however long that may be) is hired.
A list of Managers should only included permanently hired/contracted Managers.
Sir Les and Hoos on 13:08 - Dec 1 with 2088 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 12:24 - Dec 1 by francisbowles

Still at it with the insults

I'd interpret Clive's response as a warning and rein it in a bit.

Thanks for the hostility/further patronage. Moving on . . .

Sir Les and Hoos on 13:41 - Dec 1 with 2071 viewsPinnerPaul

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:24 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

If your viewpoint is right, let me be the first to give QPR a silver medal for their perpetuation of the game's essential gutlessness (aided and abetted by your cynical post).
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 18:28]

First part is fact, 2nd is humour.

Tried to engage and have a reasonable debate but you're clearly not interested.
Sir Les and Hoos on 14:15 - Dec 1 with 1962 viewsR_from_afar

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:20 - Dec 1 by Wegerles_Stairs

Erm, yes it is. We could have stayed up but we chose to go down, waste our parachute payments, and here we are eight seasons on.

"We could have stayed up but we chose to go down, waste our parachute payments, and here we are eight seasons on".

"Chose to".

So what you are saying is that Hoos, Les, all our managers since that time, the rest of our board, they are all, in fact, saboteurs?

If they are, which clearly they are not, they are doing a terrible job because
a - We have not gone down to League 1 since we exited the Prem (God forbid that we should)
b - We are in seventh, only outside the play-off places on goal difference.

Come on, be reasonable, no one can guarantee success for any club let alone a club with our trying circumstances.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sir Les and Hoos on 16:21 - Dec 1 with 1818 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sir Les and Hoos on 14:15 - Dec 1 by R_from_afar

"We could have stayed up but we chose to go down, waste our parachute payments, and here we are eight seasons on".

"Chose to".

So what you are saying is that Hoos, Les, all our managers since that time, the rest of our board, they are all, in fact, saboteurs?

If they are, which clearly they are not, they are doing a terrible job because
a - We have not gone down to League 1 since we exited the Prem (God forbid that we should)
b - We are in seventh, only outside the play-off places on goal difference.

Come on, be reasonable, no one can guarantee success for any club let alone a club with our trying circumstances.

Not saboteurs, just not that good at their jobs. I've said it a billion times before but look at how well Brentford has been run over the last decade - that's the yardstick.
Sir Les and Hoos on 16:34 - Dec 1 with 1779 viewsJimmyR

Sir Les and Hoos on 11:53 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

You’ve failed to understand everyone’s point - You are an obnoxious prick, everyone wishes you’d shut the f’ck up and piss off

The adults are trying to talk
Sir Les and Hoos on 16:36 - Dec 1 with 1768 viewsslmrstid

Sir Les and Hoos on 16:21 - Dec 1 by Wegerles_Stairs

Not saboteurs, just not that good at their jobs. I've said it a billion times before but look at how well Brentford has been run over the last decade - that's the yardstick.

I do get the frustration at stagnation in the Championship for now getting on for the best part of a decade AND seeing Brentford sail above us...

But, for all of that, look at the clubs littered in League One that have come careening down from the Premiership, crashing straight through the Championship, and now are still struggling to get back.

- Portsmouth
- Bolton
- Charlton
- Ipswich - long time since in the Prem but still a big club for that level
- Derby - as per Ipswich

And then in our own league...

- Sheffield United, Norwich City, Coventry City, Hull City, Sunderland. All good sized clubs that have been in Leagues One/Two (for Coventry) a lot more recently than us and for some of them it took quite a while to get back to this level. Since 1967 we've only spent 3 years outside the top two leagues.

I don't want to stagnate forever in the Championship, it took me ages to get over the disappointment of the collapse of last season, and for all the things that haven't gone our way that people kick Ferdinand/Hoos for, you need to give them credit at the same time for avoiding the fate that a lot of those clubs named above suffered. We could easily have collapsed straight through ourselves without some serious intervention.

Life is never black and white.
Sir Les and Hoos on 17:00 - Dec 1 with 1695 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sir Les and Hoos on 16:21 - Dec 1 by Wegerles_Stairs

Brentford didnt break FFP and get a whopping fine. That was done pre Ferdinand and Hoos by Fernandes.
I think the fact that we are now starting to compete for the play offs/promotion is a massive positive. Mistakes have been made, but no one has walked away, which the owners could of done and QPR would no longer exist.
It took Brentford 10 years of hard work to finally be promoted, even then only by the playoffs.
I think we only started on that 10 year journey when we appointed Warburton, so we're only in year 4. We probably have another 3 or 4 years in the Championship at least, so I'm afraid you need to get used to it, else you're gonna give yourself a heart attack.
We will get there, but remember, patience is a virtue.
Sir Les and Hoos on 17:29 - Dec 1 with 1588 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 16:34 - Dec 1 by JimmyR

You’ve failed to understand everyone’s point - You are an obnoxious prick, everyone wishes you’d shut the f’ck up and piss off

The adults are trying to talk

And to think some people lecture me here on insults, you nasty, pretentious, slice of malice.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 17:32]

Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 17:39 - Dec 1 with 1560 viewsnumptydumpty

[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 17:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024