Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Udders Match Thread 06:54 - Nov 8 with 35335 viewsdavman

Lying in bed with an infected tooth trying to rouse myself for a day at work before the trip up to London...

It feels like we are in the midst of Mick's first real test. Early season defeats put down to it being early days and a long injury list, a recovery when all players come back and get used to his style, then some alarming performances with the majority of players back and dare I say it when oppo teams find a way of stifling us to the point we stop scoring.

Nothing terminal by any stretch of the imagination, but the lack of guile to break down WBA leading to only half chances was a concern.

Got to bounce back tonight, haven't we to ensure we head towards the break with any sense of momentum...

Fear a disappointment (as always), but going for a squeaky 2-1 win. See you there!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Udders Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 8 with 1523 viewsToast_R

QPR worked themselves into a game of trying to break down 11 men behind the ball because they cannot defend set pieces.

To lose two on the spin inside 4 days at home to the worst teams in the division is textbook Charity Park Rangers. Sick of it. World Cup break cannot come soon enough. To think we've sold out Coventry away as well. Going to get toxic quite soon I fear if they balls that up too.
Udders Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 8 with 1509 viewsAussieRs

Don't quite agree with London and Sinton. Huddersfield good value for the win. Lucky goal sure. But they should have been one up early on. And then, after our goal, the almost complete absence of goal threat from the Rs over the next 80 minutes or so. Richards shot about the only save their keeper had to make, along with one excellent defensive header from another Richards effort. Willock without influence, makes a big difference. And the more Chair tried, the less likely it looked. Quite remarkable. Defensive fragility from set pieces matched with toothless attack. Easily enough for Rs to lose to bottom team.
Udders Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 8 with 1509 viewsRangersDave

Hello 16th my old friend,

Maybe this might be exactly what we need? lull everyone into a false sense of security, let MB work on the masterplan on the QT, then feck em all next season!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Udders Match Thread on 21:53 - Nov 8 with 1466 viewsbosh67

36 shots tonight. The clinical element has deserted us. I’m quite pleased we have this break now. It’s amazing that we have this wobble every season, or so it feels. This hurts. They have to go to Coventry and just absolutely go for it. See if they can shake this lack of clinicalness off?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Udders Match Thread on 21:54 - Nov 8 with 1448 viewsDamo1962

Udders Match Thread on 21:42 - Nov 8 by Malintabuk

What is it with this club....this gypsy curse must be true. Huddersfield have a cobbled together side..... not won away this season...scored one goal in what 5 games.... come to us and bloody win.
The Wolves dodging the bullet was a little tongue in cheek ... and I really don't blame Beale..... every manager we get just can't seem to break us of this spell we must be under....
Give away stupid fouls.... can't defend set pieces.... can't take set pieces. . It is the same every season no matter who is in charge of us.... it is hard work supporting this team

This. Same old problems creeping back in, and now a new one...an inability to score in front of the Loft. Depressing and confusing in equal measures. We now wait to see if MB is the real deal we were all hoping for. At the end of the day, I still have reservations about the type of player we are recruiting. You need to earn the right to play "football" in this slog of a league, I'm not sure we do that enough.Too many personal battles are being lost on the pitch at the moment.
Udders Match Thread on 21:54 - Nov 8 with 1458 viewstraininvain

Difficult to know what to make of that one. I’ve seen us play a lot worse and win. But we were far too sloppy on set pieces and not just the two we conceded from in the first half.

Sheff Utd lost at home to Rotherham tonight after beating Burnley 5-2 at the weekend. Championship is a crazy league.

Important not to get too low when we lose and too high when we win. Still all to play for and we need to take the frustration from tonight into Saturday’s game. We’d have all taken top 6 going into the World Cup break and that’s still in our hands.
Udders Match Thread on 21:55 - Nov 8 with 1402 viewsJimmyR

Udders Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 8 by AussieRs

Don't quite agree with London and Sinton. Huddersfield good value for the win. Lucky goal sure. But they should have been one up early on. And then, after our goal, the almost complete absence of goal threat from the Rs over the next 80 minutes or so. Richards shot about the only save their keeper had to make, along with one excellent defensive header from another Richards effort. Willock without influence, makes a big difference. And the more Chair tried, the less likely it looked. Quite remarkable. Defensive fragility from set pieces matched with toothless attack. Easily enough for Rs to lose to bottom team.

Chair was trying, very hard, almost too hard as you say, always showing for the ball
Udders Match Thread on 21:55 - Nov 8 with 1387 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Different day, same issues as last season. It's famine or feast.

They just can't handle struggling teams. Last season QPR lost 3 times to Peterborough. This season it's home defeats to Blackpool, West Brom and Huddersfield as well as a draw with Rotherham.

This team lacks composure and mental strength in adversity. In the second half, QPR did none of the things that got them to the summit only a few weeks ago. Gone are the incisive, overlapping runs and crosses drilled into the box from the bye-line. These have been replaced with pedestrian lateral passing and crosses lofted from deep. Corners are either overhit or miss the first man. Shots are being attempted from silly distances in front of a wall of defenders. As for set-plays, we can't defend them for our lives.

The World Cup can't come quick enough. Beale's got some serious work during the break.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 21:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Udders Match Thread on 21:56 - Nov 8 with 1338 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sadly, my heartfelt prediction turned out prophetic. For me, though, a scratch bottom team coming to HQ and going away with 3 points after that is just . . . indefensible. (A bit like our performance.)

I don't think I've ever seen a showing by Chair (or anyone) in which industry and accomplishment were in a such horrendously inverse correlation. The harder he tried, the worse he got.

I also got sick of London describing so many Huddersfield clearances/interceptions as 'well-defended', which was also Beale's excuse v West Brom. The truth is our crossing and final ball was almost universally dismal, with Albert one of the worst offenders, who really seems to have lost his mojo.

Their second was a disaster for Dieng, but the entire defence have to take whatever the opposite of a bow is.

And I hope the ref dies in his sleep.

I don't know how Beale will pick the bones out of that clusterf*ck of a performance, but if he doesn't agree it was unacceptable, I'll lose a lot of respect for him. In any event, it's looking horribly as if we've been found out . . . in November.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Udders Match Thread on 21:56 - Nov 8 with 1346 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

First game I've missed all season, and thank God. While I appreciate the injuries we currently have I am starting to become concerned at the actual performances.
There is a mirror to the performances over the past month and those under Warburton post Christmas.
I thought Saturday was bad, but today it sounds worse.
Udders Match Thread on 21:57 - Nov 8 with 1323 viewsdistortR

Incredibly, according to this ref, we committed more fouls then them.
We're too small as a team to defend set pieces against physical sides, we're too slow around the box and too intricate, we try to be too clever at times and don't take enough care of the ball. I would have liked to have seen armstrong on the bench, to inject some pace and directness into the attack. Willock was substituted 10-15 minutes too late, he was clearly feeling his groin (!) just after half time. I can't help but feel Beale has over-played him since his return.
They all gave 100% though, and we're not that far off.
Udders Match Thread on 21:57 - Nov 8 with 1321 viewsBoston

Very disappointed.

I just hope the January sales produce some bargains.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Udders Match Thread on 21:57 - Nov 8 with 1321 viewsted_hendrix

Posted this elsewhere whilst in a bad mood.

We had 90+ minutes to score tonight, shithousing has nothing to do with It, over 30 shots we had tonight, bloody 30.
I know where the problem Is.

I'm done with football now cos It'll be the same result Saturday.

We've got to get away with blaming shithousing and bad refs and take a look at ourselves.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Udders Match Thread on 21:58 - Nov 8 with 1300 viewsandrew1302

Well that was shocking. Can't defend set pieces anymore. We had 14 corners and couldn't get a header on one of them, our crossing generally was abysmal, 99% didn't get past the first defender, too slow on the build up and definitely the worst performance i have seen in a QPR shirt from Adomah who simply could not beat a man and make anything approaching a decent cross. Chair was all bussle and no finish, Wilock frankly wasn't very good and kept on trying shots which were never on. Frankly we were awful . They were playing basically a 2nd eleven as they had so many injuries , they are bottom of the league and haven't won away since April. All feels a bit like earlier in the year for us. All very pretty between the boxes , useless in them and too much time spent fannying around in the middle of the park looking pretty. I think a bit like last year it has all gone to their heads a bit. Just do the basics right and do them quicker.
Udders Match Thread on 21:58 - Nov 8 with 1286 viewsDamo1962

Udders Match Thread on 21:55 - Nov 8 by JimmyR

Chair was trying, very hard, almost too hard as you say, always showing for the ball

He never hides for sure. But his decision making can be frustrating.
Udders Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 8 with 1269 viewsMalintabuk

Udders Match Thread on 21:54 - Nov 8 by traininvain

Difficult to know what to make of that one. I’ve seen us play a lot worse and win. But we were far too sloppy on set pieces and not just the two we conceded from in the first half.

Sheff Utd lost at home to Rotherham tonight after beating Burnley 5-2 at the weekend. Championship is a crazy league.

Important not to get too low when we lose and too high when we win. Still all to play for and we need to take the frustration from tonight into Saturday’s game. We’d have all taken top 6 going into the World Cup break and that’s still in our hands.

What gives you the right to come on here and be sensible...... .
But spot on it is a strange league.... but we are such a frustrating team, and tonight is our MO as charity park rangers
Udders Match Thread on 22:00 - Nov 8 with 1240 viewsMatch82

Udders Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 8 by Toast_R

QPR worked themselves into a game of trying to break down 11 men behind the ball because they cannot defend set pieces.

To lose two on the spin inside 4 days at home to the worst teams in the division is textbook Charity Park Rangers. Sick of it. World Cup break cannot come soon enough. To think we've sold out Coventry away as well. Going to get toxic quite soon I fear if they balls that up too.

This first paragraph is spot on. We've had 36 shots, have we ever had that many chances in a game, let alone one we've lost? But those chances were made difficult because we've made silly defensive errors and made life much more difficult for ourselves.

Even starting at 2-1 down, we play that game like we did today another 10 times and we'd win 8 of them. But we didn't need to be in that position in the first place.
Udders Match Thread on 22:01 - Nov 8 with 1212 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Udders Match Thread on 22:00 - Nov 8 by Match82

This first paragraph is spot on. We've had 36 shots, have we ever had that many chances in a game, let alone one we've lost? But those chances were made difficult because we've made silly defensive errors and made life much more difficult for ourselves.

Even starting at 2-1 down, we play that game like we did today another 10 times and we'd win 8 of them. But we didn't need to be in that position in the first place.

Because of those 36, only 3 were on target.
Udders Match Thread on 22:03 - Nov 8 with 1152 viewsdistortR

Udders Match Thread on 21:50 - Nov 8 by PinnerR

Many, many thanks Brian, even though it was a poor performance.

oh, he wasn't so bad.
Udders Match Thread on 22:04 - Nov 8 with 1135 viewscolinallcars

Udders Match Thread on 22:00 - Nov 8 by Match82

I suppose shots don't count as chances if they're just hammered into a packed defence.
I've had more enjoyable colonoscopies than that game.
Udders Match Thread on 22:05 - Nov 8 with 1118 viewsWegerles_Stairs

36 shots but how many saves did their keeper make?

Pathetic couple of performances.
Udders Match Thread on 22:05 - Nov 8 with 1117 viewsOldPedro

We need to improve dramatically at defending set pieces - 2 goals today, WBA's goal and Bham's 1st goal - all from set pieces.

If we hadn't given Huddersfield something to defend, I think we would have won comfortably. They are a poor team whose only chance is to win free kicks/corners which is why they throw themselves to the floor so much.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Udders Match Thread on 22:06 - Nov 8 with 1092 viewsVancouverHoop

It's mebbe a good thing they have a month off to work some of this stuff out. Johansen should be back then too. He makes a bigger difference than many of us realise. There's no way of knowing for sure, but I'd lay odds we'd have put in a better showing today with him on the pitch. Love Ilias but he's not an on-field captain. He's far too emotional.

On the (very slim) plus side. Richards looked good when he came on. Should probably start on Saturday.
Udders Match Thread on 22:06 - Nov 8 with 1089 viewsShotKneesHoop

Udders Match Thread on 21:08 - Nov 8 by CamberleyR

If Huddersfield can defend like this, how the fúck are they bottom of the table?

Because they are playing QPR only twice a season
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 22:12]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Udders Match Thread on 22:06 - Nov 8 with 1083 viewstraininvain

One positive (and I’m clutching at straws here!) was the cameo from Taylor Richards. It’s the first time I’ve seen him play for us and thought we could have a decent player here.

Plenty of negatives. We’ve very quickly gone from having a solid defence to looking very vulnerable. Needs to be addressed asap.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024