Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager 15:29 - Oct 19 with 16397 viewsDoudou87

Hard thread to start as i'm actually lost for words on this one, thought it was just the media clutching but sounds as if its true. Really poor timing, I hope Beale gets to see us through tonights game. Still banking on him turning down the job (wishful thinking) Anyway......next manager?

Kieran McKenna gets my vote!

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Next manager on 01:48 - Oct 20 with 2908 viewsLblock

Next manager on 23:39 - Oct 19 by Logman

I'll tell you who I wouldn't mind.

Marcelo Bielsa.

If Beale is a full time student of the game, Bielsa is a professor. Plus he could easily transpose his template from his time as the Chilean national team manager on our crop of players.

If I was LF I'd be on the phone to him now.

Surely he’d be a better choice for Wolves?!?!

I’d take as replacement and it would be a statement of intent but usual issues apply….. money, bell want his players, his backroom staff and I don’t think there’s room in front of the dugouts for him to constantly crouch down doing an imaginary poo.

He runs his teams into the ground and demands high standards.
I reckon with another 4 signings he’d get us up but that leads us back to first on the above list…..money

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Next manager on 06:32 - Oct 20 with 2664 viewsjohnhoop

On the evidence of last night the person I’d want most would be one who would mess with the current state of the team and it’s style of play as little as possible and not make major changes to put his stamp on things.
The players all appear to know exactly what to do now to get results and there are some real leaders on the pitch in people like Johansen, Chair and Balogun.
If they are allowed to carry on playing the way they are right now I could see them still having a good chance of the top six even if Beale deserts them.
Next manager on 07:45 - Oct 20 with 2498 viewsRs_Holy

Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 by Northernr

McKenna - Ipswich
Critchley - would have got it before but for Beale, hefty pay out due to Villa but might be getting sacked shortly anyway
Edwards - not for me Clive
Schumacher - very interesting

Trying to be positive, we are currently top of the division so it will be a lot easier attracting a very good manager if you are going for promotion as opposed to fighting relegation.

Of the names mentioned by Clive I think Schumacher looks a good shout. His record is really impressive and Plymouth currently sit top of League 1... Maybe QPR being top of the Championship will be enough to lure him away?
Next manager on 08:37 - Oct 20 with 2375 viewsArcticHoop

https://www.teamtalk.com/watford/dale-vince-furious-rob-edwards-gone-behind-fore

Rob Edwards gets some votes here,but this made me think twice
Next manager on 09:15 - Oct 20 with 2235 viewstoboboly

Disappointed we aren't seeing some quality names put into the pot.

Big Sam - would he be willing to come down a league?
Pards Pardew - dances
Alan Curbishley - he's recharged his batteries now
Graeme Sounness - knows the mans game
Phil Brown/Owen Coyle/Steve Evans etc etc

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Next manager on 09:15 - Oct 20 with 2225 viewsSonofpugwash

Next manager on 23:39 - Oct 19 by Logman

I'll tell you who I wouldn't mind.

Marcelo Bielsa.

If Beale is a full time student of the game, Bielsa is a professor. Plus he could easily transpose his template from his time as the Chilean national team manager on our crop of players.

If I was LF I'd be on the phone to him now.

Bielsa I believe was interviewed for the job once before but turned it down.

Maybe this guy...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion-chelsea-coach-is-the-natural-successor

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Next manager on 09:25 - Oct 20 with 2153 viewsnix

Next manager on 08:37 - Oct 20 by ArcticHoop

https://www.teamtalk.com/watford/dale-vince-furious-rob-edwards-gone-behind-fore

Rob Edwards gets some votes here,but this made me think twice

Surely they all have informal chats/sound out agents before they officially approach clubs? I always thought this happened with both managers and players.
Next manager on 09:49 - Oct 20 with 2063 viewsCamberleyR

Next manager on 07:45 - Oct 20 by Rs_Holy

Trying to be positive, we are currently top of the division so it will be a lot easier attracting a very good manager if you are going for promotion as opposed to fighting relegation.

Of the names mentioned by Clive I think Schumacher looks a good shout. His record is really impressive and Plymouth currently sit top of League 1... Maybe QPR being top of the Championship will be enough to lure him away?

Hmmm, weren't Burton Albion top of L1 seven years ago...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Next manager on 09:55 - Oct 20 with 2038 viewsRs_Holy

Next manager on 09:49 - Oct 20 by CamberleyR

Hmmm, weren't Burton Albion top of L1 seven years ago...

good point, well made.... We were a bit of a car crash club when JFH took charge back in the day... (clutching at straws a bit now)
Next manager on 10:13 - Oct 20 with 1932 viewsBuckR

Damian Matthew & Neil Banfield until the end of the season? Could hopefully carry on the same style of football and keep the rapport with the players?

Presuming they don't follow him to Wolves obviously
Next manager on 10:20 - Oct 20 with 1875 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Eustace is doing well at Birmingham.....

They were saying on the highlights last night how many Championship clubs currently don't have a manager - is it four of five? Can see Watford pulling the trigger again soon too.

Some people are going to be very busy with interviews.
Next manager on 10:28 - Oct 20 with 1825 viewsterryb

Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 by Northernr

McKenna - Ipswich
Critchley - would have got it before but for Beale, hefty pay out due to Villa but might be getting sacked shortly anyway
Edwards - not for me Clive
Schumacher - very interesting

I'm certainly not arguing with your list Clive, but why is Evatt not a consideration?

I suspect compensation for him would be less than for McKenna, but if we have to appoint someone I'd be happy with either.
Next manager on 10:54 - Oct 20 with 1725 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 10:20 - Oct 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

Eustace is doing well at Birmingham.....

They were saying on the highlights last night how many Championship clubs currently don't have a manager - is it four of five? Can see Watford pulling the trigger again soon too.

Some people are going to be very busy with interviews.

Is he?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 11:00]
Next manager on 10:56 - Oct 20 with 1712 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 23:31 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

They did such an in depth, extensive job in the summer, they’ll revert back to that work and select the second choice from then. It’s so recent, it’s relevant. Edwards, Manning or Critchley. I think it’ll be one of them because they were seriously considered before the Beale appointment.

This is exactly what concerns me. You're rushing it and haven't taken into consideration how those managers have fared since the summer. Edwards didn't exactly pull up trees at Watford (3 wins in 10) and Manning's form has fallen off a cliff. MK Dons are currently 3rd from bottom in League 1 having lost their last 4. Besides, Manning turned QPR down so the club shouldn't go crawling back.

In addition, new potential candidates (e.g. Schumacher, McKenna) have emerged who the club should consider IF Beale leaves.

Now I'm not suggesting that the club completely ditch the work carried out over the summer and start from scratch but equally it would be remiss to simply return to that list and pick sloppy seconds. With the World Cup looming, QPR can take a little time to get the right man. The new incumbent can use the international break to work with the players and get his ideas across.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 11:52]
Next manager on 11:11 - Oct 20 with 1578 viewsSydneyRs

Nathan Jones anyone?

I'll see myself out.
Next manager on 11:17 - Oct 20 with 1504 viewsozexile

How about!!!!!!! Hear me out..... I truly believe as previously stated that this team needs no major work done to it. Just carry on as we are. So what about a caretaker till the end of season, someone who's done promotion from the championship before.

Houghton?
Next manager on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 1378 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 11:11 - Oct 20 by SydneyRs

Nathan Jones anyone?

I'll see myself out.

Now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons!

In all seriousness, that's a decent shout. He knows the division and has performed miracles at Luton on a limited budget. My reservation is the style of football at Luton is more direct. Now that may be down to the players at his disposal, nevertheless I'd want assurances that he isn't going to rip up the style and system that Beale has put in place.
Next manager on 12:23 - Oct 20 with 1308 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Time to put this thread in Room 101?
Next manager on 13:08 - Oct 20 with 1222 viewsPunteR

Next manager on 12:23 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Time to put this thread in Room 101?

Just about to post the same.
Stick this thread in the bin Clive.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Next manager on 13:17 - Oct 20 with 1205 viewsNushnool

No harm in discussing who should take over in July 2025, is there?
Next manager on 14:06 - Oct 20 with 1105 viewsR_from_afar

Next manager on 09:15 - Oct 20 by toboboly

Disappointed we aren't seeing some quality names put into the pot.

Big Sam - would he be willing to come down a league?
Pards Pardew - dances
Alan Curbishley - he's recharged his batteries now
Graeme Sounness - knows the mans game
Phil Brown/Owen Coyle/Steve Evans etc etc

Nice list but with at least one glaring omission:

Fascinating insight here :
Darren Huckerby criticised Megson's coaching style, when explaining why he chose to sign for Norwich City, instead of Megson's West Bromwich Albion. "I told him I didn't like the way he coached, I didn't like the way he shouted at his players and didn't like the way he treated seasoned professionals like 15-year-olds. I was just being honest with him. I said: 'I've seen you on the sidelines and you look like a crazed animal'".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024