Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke match thread 13:36 - Sep 17 with 18664 viewsbosh67

Can't see one?

3-2 us. Dykes hattrick.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stoke match thread on 17:45 - Sep 17 with 2079 viewsthemodfather

top six, another point and clean sheer, creating chances, some positives. shame we did not find a way to score .
Stoke match thread on 17:47 - Sep 17 with 2061 viewsToast_R

Stoke match thread on 17:44 - Sep 17 by Damo1962

It is perplexing, the lack of second half goals kicking towards the Loft 🤔 Have we scored one this season? Wonder if the players are thinking about it?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 17:46]

No we haven't and going by Dykes's wonder miss a couple of weeks ago there appears to be a form of invisible shroud.

Who's idea was it to get rail seating down that end?
Stoke match thread on 17:49 - Sep 17 with 2035 viewsStanisgod

Stoke match thread on 17:45 - Sep 17 by themodfather

top six, another point and clean sheer, creating chances, some positives. shame we did not find a way to score .

Exactly, superb second half, Beale saw the problems and sorted them, just a great defensive display by them really.
Oh, and just ANOTHER sh#t ref.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stoke match thread on 17:55 - Sep 17 with 1980 viewsVancouverHoop

A goal-less draw is a bit like kissing your sister, but it wasn't boring just a bit frustrating.
Stoke match thread on 18:19 - Sep 17 with 1876 viewstraininvain

Stoke match thread on 17:49 - Sep 17 by Stanisgod

Exactly, superb second half, Beale saw the problems and sorted them, just a great defensive display by them really.
Oh, and just ANOTHER sh#t ref.

Good job we benefited from the sh1t ref this time.
Stoke match thread on 18:23 - Sep 17 with 1843 viewsdm97

Interesting seeing a lot of people say this was one of our better performances, thought we were quite toothless and didn’t create proper clear cut chances, more snapshots around the box - game of opinions etc! 6th and looking far more solid than we have for a long time, Balogun making a huge difference, onwards and upwards!
Stoke match thread on 18:48 - Sep 17 with 1739 viewsjoe90

Thought the gaffer got the second half subs spot on. Taking Dozzell off opened up space in the midfield and allowed us to get forward much quicker. Improvement was almost instant. Unfortunately Dykes offered very little up front, but think he’s worth sticking with. He has and can score, hopefully he’ll find his form soon.

I thought Roberts was excellent, you can see he’s a cut above and works well with Chair and Willock.

Had I gone to Millwall I’d probably feel a bit better about the performance, but we’re somehow 6th so can’t really complain.
Stoke match thread on 18:52 - Sep 17 with 1729 viewstraininvain

Stoke match thread on 18:48 - Sep 17 by joe90

Thought the gaffer got the second half subs spot on. Taking Dozzell off opened up space in the midfield and allowed us to get forward much quicker. Improvement was almost instant. Unfortunately Dykes offered very little up front, but think he’s worth sticking with. He has and can score, hopefully he’ll find his form soon.

I thought Roberts was excellent, you can see he’s a cut above and works well with Chair and Willock.

Had I gone to Millwall I’d probably feel a bit better about the performance, but we’re somehow 6th so can’t really complain.

I thought getting Dykes on at half time was spot on and I was pleased that he didn’t wait till 65/70 mins like Warburton.

Felt a bit like the two subs later in the game killed our momentum but probably couldn’t be helped with Johansen injured and Roberts blowing.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke match thread on 19:12 - Sep 17 with 1636 viewsQPR_John

Stoke match thread on 16:30 - Sep 17 by larsricchi

High boot (relatively speaking) catches Chair for a free outside the box.

I’m sure I saw the ref signal an indirect free kick.
Stoke match thread on 19:28 - Sep 17 with 1562 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Stoke match thread on 18:52 - Sep 17 by traininvain

I thought getting Dykes on at half time was spot on and I was pleased that he didn’t wait till 65/70 mins like Warburton.

Felt a bit like the two subs later in the game killed our momentum but probably couldn’t be helped with Johansen injured and Roberts blowing.

I thought their subs kind of cancelled out any changes we made. For instance, Laurent did very well on one occasion to cut out a chance of a breakaway by Adomah.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Stoke match thread on 19:33 - Sep 17 with 1548 viewsHAYESBOY

Stoke match thread on 19:12 - Sep 17 by QPR_John

Thats what Chair was complaining about, he was raging. Strange decision.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Stoke match thread on 19:34 - Sep 17 with 1544 viewsBoston

Stoke match thread on 17:19 - Sep 17 by Wilkinswatercarrier

On the way home. Stoke came the point and got it, but on another day we would have got 2.
2nd half much better, Dykes for me starts ahead of Roberts. Like some others have said I'm not sure where he fits.
Another clean sheet, decent performance and a chance for everyone to come back from the injuries.
As an aside, if we played like Stoke every week I wouldn't be a season ticket holder. Utter dirge to watch.

Blimey Mr Wilkes, bit of a traditionalist are ya, it stopped being two for a win in 1981!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stoke match thread on 19:36 - Sep 17 with 1541 viewstraininvain

Stoke match thread on 19:28 - Sep 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought their subs kind of cancelled out any changes we made. For instance, Laurent did very well on one occasion to cut out a chance of a breakaway by Adomah.

Good point that I hadn’t considered. The game was becoming more even before Beale’s final subs.

I came away scratching my head as to whether it was two mid table teams cancelling each other out or maybe we’ll meet again in the playoffs.
Stoke match thread on 21:09 - Sep 17 with 1383 viewsderbyhoop

I agree with Bealevthat a draw was a fair result.
Both sides had chances but not a lot of them.
It wasnt a penalty, late on, for them.
Thought the ref was pretty fair. Plenty of meaty tackles, but not every tackle is a foul.

We weren't as energetic as Wed night, nor xix we really create enough to win it. Credit to Stoke's defensive effort.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Stoke match thread on 21:15 - Sep 17 with 1364 viewsNoelmc

Stoke match thread on 19:12 - Sep 17 by QPR_John

He definitely did.

That's why Stef had to have a touch before Chair shot and gave them that extra second to charge the shot down.

I thought the guy made contact with Chairs head so I was expecting a direct free kick rather than an indirect one and I think that was what Ilias was compiling about. Maybe Pinner can advise on the law when a high boot is involved.
Stoke match thread on 23:32 - Sep 17 with 1171 viewsNortholt_Rs

I haven’t seen the highlights but from A block it looked a stonewall pen for them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Stoke match thread on 08:10 - Sep 18 with 990 viewshoopedmonkey

Just watched that on the Stoke highlights - dived under no contact
Stoke match thread on 08:45 - Sep 18 with 938 viewsdmm

Yesterday's performance felt quite a bit like our game against Millwall, albeit against much better opposition, and I'm taking some encouraging signs from both games.

As others have mentioned, two clean sheets are very welcome and very overdue. Credit to Beale for plugging the leaks.

At the other end of the pitch, as everyone can see, Willock and Chair have never played as well as they are right now.

With each passing game, I can see a bit more clearly what Beale wants from the team. I didn't get the narrow and compact shape to our game at first but it's beginning to make more sense now and has been a big factor in us not conceding in the last two games.

Performances feel like they can maintain a good level of consistency now with players really getting to grips with Bealeball.
Stoke match thread on 14:43 - Sep 18 with 729 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke match thread on 14:29 - Sep 17 by Damo1962

Win would be nice before the break, but think it could be the first 0-0 this season. Stoke look better opposition than Millwall. Come on U R's.

Well done!
Stoke match thread on 14:51 - Sep 18 with 707 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke match thread on 17:20 - Sep 17 by Toast_R

Will we ever score again down the Loft end? That's the question?

and the answer is - yes!
Stoke match thread on 14:55 - Sep 18 with 688 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke match thread on 21:15 - Sep 17 by Noelmc

He definitely did.

That's why Stef had to have a touch before Chair shot and gave them that extra second to charge the shot down.

I thought the guy made contact with Chairs head so I was expecting a direct free kick rather than an indirect one and I think that was what Ilias was compiling about. Maybe Pinner can advise on the law when a high boot is involved.

If contact it is of course a DFK, so ref must have thought there wasn't any.

Chair didn't need any treatment, so maybe correct - look at 90' tomorrow will tell us hopefully!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024