Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? 10:04 - Aug 23 with 7702 viewscadleigh

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:02 - Aug 24 with 1806 viewsDr_Parnassus

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 09:32 - Aug 24 by onehunglow

Maybe fans should make it that uncomfortable for him that he feels leaving is the bet option.
He record,his style of non playing,his misplaced arrogance would not be tolerated at most clubs.

Imagine walking into Newcastle United ,for example,and saying HE would be making them a proper club .

I read it was taken out of context but words are words and they were used in the context of seeing us improve .

He’s a peacock, he’s all about the facade and ego.

He needs to be backed into a corner where he feels the only option is to come out and defend his tactics, radically change them… or leave.

At the moment far too many people accept him skirting over the obvious and fall for his slight of hand nonsense by mentioning other things that take the focus off his senseless management.

I don’t think he could hold an in depth conversation on football for more than 2 minutes. Genuinely don’t. I think he has extremely limited knowledge which is why he cannot adapt, or even see what’s going wrong.

He exudes confidence though which is what a lot of people get fooled by. A typical second hand car salesman, except he is the engineless Vauxhall Nova that he is trying to make out is a classic Ferrari, sadly we have many cranial-challenged punters lapping it up.

Never said this about any manager before in my 30 years watching the game, I hate cliches, but he is what you would describe as your typical “chancer”. Doesn’t belong at this level, his record says as much - yet he’s convinced people he does with absolutely no substance whatsoever.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:27 - Aug 24 with 1786 viewsonehunglow

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:02 - Aug 24 by Dr_Parnassus

He’s a peacock, he’s all about the facade and ego.

He needs to be backed into a corner where he feels the only option is to come out and defend his tactics, radically change them… or leave.

At the moment far too many people accept him skirting over the obvious and fall for his slight of hand nonsense by mentioning other things that take the focus off his senseless management.

I don’t think he could hold an in depth conversation on football for more than 2 minutes. Genuinely don’t. I think he has extremely limited knowledge which is why he cannot adapt, or even see what’s going wrong.

He exudes confidence though which is what a lot of people get fooled by. A typical second hand car salesman, except he is the engineless Vauxhall Nova that he is trying to make out is a classic Ferrari, sadly we have many cranial-challenged punters lapping it up.

Never said this about any manager before in my 30 years watching the game, I hate cliches, but he is what you would describe as your typical “chancer”. Doesn’t belong at this level, his record says as much - yet he’s convinced people he does with absolutely no substance whatsoever.

Vauxhall Nova!
No need for that Doc
Even Russ didn't deserve on of Dunstable's worse.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 13:09 - Aug 24 with 1732 viewscadleigh

We have 31 responses to the poll. Let's see if we can get over 100 - please respond if you haven't done so and share with anyone you think would have a view.

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 13:44 - Aug 24 with 1707 viewsWhiterockin

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 13:09 - Aug 24 by cadleigh

We have 31 responses to the poll. Let's see if we can get over 100 - please respond if you haven't done so and share with anyone you think would have a view.

It just goes to show how little interest there is in this subject.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 13:47]
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 14:38 - Aug 24 with 1679 viewscadleigh

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 13:44 - Aug 24 by Whiterockin

Well, 440 people voted on a go/no go poll on Martin on another forum a few days ago so I think there's a fair amount of interest in his continued tenure (or otherwise). Perfectly possible that you are right and the exact timing of his departure doesn't excite people.

It interests me because early last season (when the penny was beginning to drop with some people) I had Swans supporters telling me that they wouldn't judge him until he'd had two transfer windows and a full pre-season, even if we were skirting the relegation zone when last season ended. Well now he's had his much-vaunted pre-season and most of his second transfer window, so I'm keen to find out how much more slack people are willing to give him.

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:17 - Aug 24 with 1656 viewsonehunglow

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 13:44 - Aug 24 by Whiterockin

The little interest is probably because fans have had their expectations lowered by these owners and coach .

Expect little. Then anything else is a bonus. Clever eh

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:16 - Aug 25 with 1555 viewscadleigh

Thirty-four responses now. Getting there.

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 23:37 - Aug 26 with 1421 viewsKerouac

I'd give him a whole season, a pre-season, two transfer windows and 5 league games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:51 - Aug 27 with 1361 viewsPawelAbbott

About another 45 minutes
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:54 - Aug 27 with 1355 viewsBadlands

I thought he'd get until the WC break but he could be gone in the morning.
the only downside would be KoL would probably take over.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:59 - Aug 27 with 1347 viewsjasper_T

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:54 - Aug 27 by Badlands

I thought he'd get until the WC break but he could be gone in the morning.
the only downside would be KoL would probably take over.

Would O'Leary risk another relegation on his CV?
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 22:58 - Sep 13 with 1259 viewscadleigh

Just returning this to the top of the forum in case anyone wishes to amend their response.
Personally I have liked a lot about our performances the last two games. Greater urgency, less focus on possession for its own sake, better selection (eg Benda, Oli Cooper), better team formation.
But the table doesn't lie when you are 20% through the season. Nine points from nine games - relegation form or pretty close to it. A revolving door of players who are disaffected, or lacking confidence, on a scale we haven't seen since the Laudrup meltdown. A complete inability to manage a game for 90 minutes (plus injury time).
And does anyone seriously believe we are still witnessing a deliberate, planned 'process' of rebuilding the squad in a strategic way? That there is not, and never will be, a Plan B?

"I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning."

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 23:33 - Sep 13 with 1225 viewsFireboy2

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 22:58 - Sep 13 by cadleigh

Just returning this to the top of the forum in case anyone wishes to amend their response.
Personally I have liked a lot about our performances the last two games. Greater urgency, less focus on possession for its own sake, better selection (eg Benda, Oli Cooper), better team formation.
But the table doesn't lie when you are 20% through the season. Nine points from nine games - relegation form or pretty close to it. A revolving door of players who are disaffected, or lacking confidence, on a scale we haven't seen since the Laudrup meltdown. A complete inability to manage a game for 90 minutes (plus injury time).
And does anyone seriously believe we are still witnessing a deliberate, planned 'process' of rebuilding the squad in a strategic way? That there is not, and never will be, a Plan B?

"I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning."

Well my option mid last season was Oct but at the start of this thread it changed to Sept the 24th, hope I'm right 🙏
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 06:57 - Sep 14 with 1141 viewstrampie

You only need to look at the tabe to see where the Swans are as regards relegation at this stage.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 07:02 - Sep 14 with 1139 viewsWhiterockin

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 06:57 - Sep 14 by trampie

You only need to look at the tabe to see where the Swans are as regards relegation at this stage.

On the same points as Middlesbrough and West Brom, do you think they are in danger of being relegated.
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 07:40 - Sep 14 with 1106 viewstrampie

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 07:02 - Sep 14 by Whiterockin

On the same points as Middlesbrough and West Brom, do you think they are in danger of being relegated.

It is a measure of where Swansea (and others) currently are.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 08:20 - Sep 14 with 1090 viewscadleigh

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 07:02 - Sep 14 by Whiterockin

If we play the same starting line-up for the rest of the season and the players have permission to play the way they did for much of the last two games, we are unlikely to be relegated.

If Martin does not improve his substitutions and man management dramatically, we will struggle to get out of the bottom half of the table.

Is that good enough for Martin to hold onto his job?

There’s one more game before the international break, which many posters saw as the critical time for deciding Martin’s future. Birmingham only need to take a point tonight for us to go to Hull in the relegation zone…

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 08:44 - Sep 14 with 1071 viewstrampie

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 08:20 - Sep 14 by cadleigh

If we play the same starting line-up for the rest of the season and the players have permission to play the way they did for much of the last two games, we are unlikely to be relegated.

If Martin does not improve his substitutions and man management dramatically, we will struggle to get out of the bottom half of the table.

Is that good enough for Martin to hold onto his job?

There’s one more game before the international break, which many posters saw as the critical time for deciding Martin’s future. Birmingham only need to take a point tonight for us to go to Hull in the relegation zone…

That is the way I see it as well.

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:47 - Sep 14 with 1032 viewsjasper_T

Boro could go down, yeah.
How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 11:03 - Sep 14 with 1016 viewsSTID2017

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 23:33 - Sep 13 by Fireboy2

Well my option mid last season was Oct but at the start of this thread it changed to Sept the 24th, hope I'm right 🙏

Anything less than a win on Saturday should herald a change.
Not saying it will happen but should

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 19:54 - Sep 14 with 961 viewsvetchonian

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 11:03 - Sep 14 by STID2017

what happened to trusting in the process

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 20:25 - Sep 14 with 954 viewsonehunglow

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 11:03 - Sep 14 by STID2017

We get a replacement by Christmas and we might be ok
If he s here in 2023 we are down.
That's the process of relegation;it relegates poor clubs and we are poor.

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 09:59 - Sep 15 with 914 viewsSTID2017

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 19:54 - Sep 14 by vetchonian

what happened to trusting in the process

I have explained elsewhere in detail my reasons for a change of heart.
In short I guess I am one of a group of supporters who was prepared to get behind the manager and give him ample time to bring us success.
After 9 games and 9 points this season I have reached a point where I feel enough is enough.
Nothing to be gained by some of the "I told you at the beginning" type posts on this forum.
It is our club and all should want success.
To gloat in our failures as some seem to is sad.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:10 - Sep 15 with 906 viewsonehunglow

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 09:59 - Sep 15 by STID2017

I have explained elsewhere in detail my reasons for a change of heart.
In short I guess I am one of a group of supporters who was prepared to get behind the manager and give him ample time to bring us success.
After 9 games and 9 points this season I have reached a point where I feel enough is enough.
Nothing to be gained by some of the "I told you at the beginning" type posts on this forum.
It is our club and all should want success.
To gloat in our failures as some seem to is sad.

It's no worse than those who called Martin doubters all manner of abuse,many of which mods deleted. So we 're quits. Fresh start,now let's get this clown out of the club before we get detatched -and we will.

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 15:21 - Sep 15 with 879 viewsguthrieintherain

How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around? on 10:10 - Sep 15 by onehunglow

It's no worse than those who called Martin doubters all manner of abuse,many of which mods deleted. So we 're quits. Fresh start,now let's get this clown out of the club before we get detatched -and we will.

Lose tomorrow and I think he will be gone.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024