Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 19:55 - Jul 16 with 22067 viewsconnell10

Where is he injured???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 09:41 - Jul 18 with 2983 viewsconnell10

Well i think Smyth has all the qualities to be a good little player for us , cant understand the negative comments towards and player thats not really been given the chance to shine yet.

Smyth on 11:51 - Jul 18 with 2803 viewsJJB

Smyth on 22:40 - Jul 17 by Lblock

I’ll take that bet.

My caveat is he needs to play 15 full games plus 5 other appearances for us
Or
30 starts + 5 in any other league

Cup Games included

You either back him or you don't! He wont start 15 games for us so that's just pointless.

I will give you 30 games only in any other league - I can't see him playing a whole season for anybody to be honest.

Also how about loser pays money to the tiger clubs instead - Deal?

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Smyth on 12:00 - Jul 18 with 2766 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Smyth on 11:51 - Jul 18 by JJB

You either back him or you don't! He wont start 15 games for us so that's just pointless.

I will give you 30 games only in any other league - I can't see him playing a whole season for anybody to be honest.

It struck me that LBlock was backing him. If you are so sure he won't start 15 games with us then you shouldn't have a problem with that caveat should you?
Smyth on 12:07 - Jul 18 with 2732 viewsJJB

Just makes the bet pointless doesn't it?

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Smyth on 12:08 - Jul 18 with 2728 viewsLongsufferingR

Really don't get the negativity about him tbh. Apart from one half playing out of position against Sheff U last season, he's looked like a dangerous, speedy, skilful player who can finish. His speed and size would give a lot of defenders at this level nightmares so I would give him a start for 10 -15 games at least and see what he can achieve.

And no PP, this isn't because he's "getting better through not playing", it's based on what he's actually shown in the five months Holloway played him regularly.
Smyth on 13:41 - Jul 18 with 2603 viewsconnell10

Smyth on 12:08 - Jul 18 by LongsufferingR

Really don't get the negativity about him tbh. Apart from one half playing out of position against Sheff U last season, he's looked like a dangerous, speedy, skilful player who can finish. His speed and size would give a lot of defenders at this level nightmares so I would give him a start for 10 -15 games at least and see what he can achieve.

And no PP, this isn't because he's "getting better through not playing", it's based on what he's actually shown in the five months Holloway played him regularly.

Good post mate!

Smyth on 14:02 - Jul 18 with 2557 viewsfrancisbowles

Smyth on 12:08 - Jul 18 by LongsufferingR

Not sure that Holloway kept playing him....from the 17th February till the end of the season there were 15 games and he was on the bench for 8, not in the squad for 1 and made 6 starts, playing the full ninety minutes on just 3 occasions.

He wasn't consistently effective either with one goal and one assist in this spell to be added to the one goal he got on his very good debut. He followed his debut with 90 mins in the FA cup 3rd round defeat to MK Dons, then I think he picked up an injury which kept him out of the squad for five games.
Smyth on 14:15 - Jul 18 with 2526 viewsDorse

If we're thinking about players getting better by not playing, spare a thought for Armand Traore: the exception that proves the rule.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 19:10 - Jul 18 with 2387 viewsrichranger

According to Dave Mac - going to Wycombe on loan!

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-ainsworth-targeting-qpr-forward-smy
Smyth on 19:48 - Jul 18 with 2309 viewspaulparker

Smyth on 19:10 - Jul 18 by richranger

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-ainsworth-targeting-qpr-forward-smy

FFS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smyth on 20:08 - Jul 18 with 2267 viewsloftboy

Smyth on 19:48 - Jul 18 by paulparker

FFS

Double FFS

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Smyth on 20:17 - Jul 18 with 2242 viewsGloucs_R

Must be doing something wrong behind the scenes

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smyth on 20:19 - Jul 18 with 2239 viewsLongsufferingR

Smyth on 19:10 - Jul 18 by richranger

Well tbh it doesn't say he's going, only that they've enquired about him
Smyth on 20:19 - Jul 18 with 2239 viewsPunteR

I think Ainsworth will play him. Didn't do Eze any harm going to WW. I would prefer Smyth with us mind you.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Smyth on 20:37 - Jul 18 with 2194 viewsLblock

I'll take it then. If I lose I'll make it £20 as it's the Tiger Cub charity now.

I'm gobsmacked we'd be considering letting him go anywhere on loan.
The fact it's Wycombe and Ainsworth tells me there's legs in it so your 30 games in League One may well come true.... if he's there all season.

I really expected him to stay and be an impact player from bench and starter in Cup games but maybe Warbs doesn't see him fitting into his system. Damn shame.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smyth on 20:45 - Jul 18 with 2171 viewsdaveB

i really don't get it with Smyth, he looked really good in the games he started for us under Holloway especially against Derby where he ran them ragged all night but two managers in a row now don't seem to fancy him. Very frustrating
Smyth on 20:46 - Jul 18 with 2168 viewsconnell10

Treble FFS , Cant believe it really!

Smyth on 08:18 - Jul 19 with 1865 viewsRblockPrior

Really surprised we are letting Smyth go, especially as I thought Warburton wanted pace in the side and currently we don't have a lot of that in the squad.

To not even be given a chance is a real shame as he can cause damage when running at the back line. I assume a striker incoming in imminent as surely we wouldn't another forward go without getting one in first.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Smyth on 08:47 - Jul 19 with 1837 viewspaulparker

So if the rumours are to be believed we are after Alan Judge who is injury prone and got relegated with Ipswich and hasn’t been good for 3 years and letting go a player with great potential
Who needs games and has the guts and desire to graft for the team and improve
This club learns nothing and deserves everything it gets

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smyth on 08:51 - Jul 19 with 1823 viewsrsonist

Reminder that we refused to let him go earlier, and that another club with much better eye for talent than we have think he's great.
Smyth on 08:52 - Jul 19 with 1821 viewsQPROslo

And now looking like he's off to Wycome on loan. Good move for his progression, he's shown little to show he's ready for the Championship yet.
Smyth on 08:55 - Jul 19 with 1815 viewsrsonist

Can't escape the irony that, by the looks of it, long ball lower league Gaz is going to doing more to develop our kids than the two wafflers we hired ahead of him.
Smyth on 09:02 - Jul 19 with 1797 viewsPhildo

Smyth on 08:55 - Jul 19 by rsonist

Can't escape the irony that, by the looks of it, long ball lower league Gaz is going to doing more to develop our kids than the two wafflers we hired ahead of him.

But that is ok if he is actually developing them? Dave Mc now saying the loan is on btw.
Smyth on 09:06 - Jul 19 with 1784 viewsridethewave

Very strange in my opinion. Smyth was a revelation when he was brought in by Holloway. Absolutely tore up the opposition, injected loads of pace and really made a difference. He, to my recollection, has had one bad game for us, at the start of last season (along with most of the rest of the team), at which point he was chucked out on loan to the lower leagues. That would dent any young player's confidence.

I'm not sure on what you're basing your opinion that Smyth isn't going to be very good. I'm not saying he's the next Messiah, but certainly needs to be given a chance and not written off already.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 12:21]
Smyth on 09:14 - Jul 19 with 1772 viewsozexile

Seems strange to me. One of the only players we have who could come off the bench and scare the opposition. I wouldn't want to face him as a defender with tired legs. Warburton must be an excellent coach as we've got rid of our long ball option smith and now getting rid of our pace outlet option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024