Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? 12:52 - Apr 3 with 7414 viewsWitneyjack

Perhaps he will have witnessed the positive performance and will be keen to help us make suitable changes to allow us to make a charge at promotion next season?
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 18:36 - Apr 4 with 2351 viewsGroo

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 18:26 - Apr 4 by DafyddHuw

"Perhaps he will have witnessed the positive performance and will be keen to help us make suitable changes to allow us to make a charge at promotion next season?"

Why would you want promorion next season? There's no way we'd be ready for it.
We'd be Huddersfield.
Would you give up what you're seeing now for 38 games, trying to scramble a draw here and there, hoping there's 3 teams even worse than us?

Absolutely you’d want promotion, ready or not. Another year with a big prize money in one, reset the parachutes if we did go straight down.

Just make sure signings are based on affordability and with relegation clauses.

Experience for new and young players for another run the following year.

Yo-yo between the two a few times would probably have been better than staying up 7 years for the club financially.

Groo does what Groo does best

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 18:43 - Apr 4 with 2340 viewsjasper_T

"Perhaps he will have witnessed the positive performance and will be keen to help us make suitable changes to allow us to make a charge at promotion next season?"

We'd be Huddersfield.
Would you give up what you're seeing now for 38 games, trying to scramble a draw here and there, hoping there's 3 teams even worse than us?

First few seasons in the PL weren't so bad the first time around.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 19:51 - Apr 4 with 2273 viewsDafyddHuw

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 18:43 - Apr 4 by jasper_T

Very true, but we had the backing of the board then.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 20:00 - Apr 4 with 2261 viewsjasper_T

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 19:51 - Apr 4 by DafyddHuw

You don't think the board would support the squad if we had PL money back?
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 21:24 - Apr 5 with 2117 viewsBadlands

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 19:51 - Apr 4 by DafyddHuw

Eh!
We had the support but they put in no more than the current groups.
We had excellent managers with real ability to get inexpensive players and make them work as a team - Monk changed all that and brought in the model of expensive players who reduced the ability of the team.
Laudrup was criticised saying we need to spend to reach the next level but money denied him was found and during the Monk era.
The idea that the 'board' did much for the club other than turn up for games is stretching it a bit.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 10:38 - Apr 7 with 1967 viewsjasper_T

“He is a former player, he is not just a numbers man. He understands the game a lot and he could see the football style did not suit me and he was good enough to help me go back to Swansea.”

“I can only speak from my own experience. He does care about football and understands the game, which is vitally important. He will want to help the team and the manager,” said Britton.

“From my dealings with Trevor his knowledge was very good. His contacts in the game are excellent, you only have to look at the clubs he has worked at, and can only help us.

“I spoke to him over text when I heard he was coming to Swansea. I kept in contact with him over the years and I am sure he will do a great job at Swansea.”

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/leon-reveals-birch-role-swans-return
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 10:53 - Apr 7 with 1945 viewsvetchonian

He was there yesterday stayed in the directors bog clapping off the team sat just next to.martin Morgan

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 11:02 - Apr 7 with 1919 viewscontroversial_jack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 15:26 - Apr 3 by Darran

We’ve brought in a guy probably on £10k a week to get rid of people on £15k a year. lol

But he will get rid of a lot of earners on 15 k a year and therefore in his mind justify his 10k a week. That's how capitalism works
Login to get fewer ads

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 11:08 - Apr 7 with 1913 viewsbuilthjack

He was there yesterday.
He will have seen the huge potential in this team.
So if he has any sense whatsoever he will advise the Yanks to keep the better players together, give Potter the tools to add to the squad, and have a damn good go at promotion next season.
If he can't see that then he can fck off right now.

His job should be to get the likes of the Ayews, Baston, etc off the payroll, and get fees for them.
Get sponsors in that will pay the going rate.
Stop all the freebies to ex partial owners etc.
Get the guy on 750k to bring in 5 times that to justify his job.

If he goes the other way and sells all the shining lights, and takes away all Potter, and Toshack, have done, then he should not be here.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 1871 viewslonglostjack

We'd be Huddersfield.

I’d love promotion next season. I don’t get the argument of “waiting till we’re ready”. How would that work? If this team could be kept together we have the nucleus of a very good side. Their performance against Man City showed what potential they have.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 11:57 - Apr 7 with 1830 viewsjackrmee

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 18:43 - Apr 4 by jasper_T

They were fuking amazing

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 11:58 - Apr 7 with 1830 viewsjackrmee

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 10:53 - Apr 7 by vetchonian

He was there yesterday stayed in the directors bog clapping off the team sat just next to.martin Morgan

Where exactly is the directors box anyway? I've never noticed or looked for it tbh

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 12:35 - Apr 7 with 1791 viewsLuther27

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 11:58 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Where exactly is the directors box anyway? I've never noticed or looked for it tbh

Don't think it's a box as such....it's on the half way, upper tier...padded seats with the rest of the corporate crowd. They are not separated from the rest of the paying public.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 13:05 - Apr 7 with 1733 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Did he have the runs?

And how do you know Martin Morgan was in the next cubicle?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:00 - Apr 7 with 1667 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 11:32 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

I’d love promotion next season. I don’t get the argument of “waiting till we’re ready”. How would that work? If this team could be kept together we have the nucleus of a very good side. Their performance against Man City showed what potential they have.

We did alright with a tight budget first time round. I think we would get relegated but , if managed properly we could become what we hope for the first time, a yo yo club. The reason we are where we are is Huw’s mismanagement on the transfer front and huge millstone contracts that could have killed us. I’m sure Birch will have better contacts and more sense on the transfer front.

I’m amazed though there are some people who seem to have lost all ambition for the Swans though . I mean isn’t that the whole point in competitive sport, to get as high up the leagues as possible?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:30 - Apr 7 with 1641 viewsJonathans_coat

I was nearby in the West yesterday. Birch was all smiles at the end of the game clapping the lads off. Looked very pleased and upbeat. But who wasn’t pleased and upbeat after our last two home performances?

Potter seems to have found a formula that works, basically a 4-4-2 but with 2 AM’s instead of strikers. Means essentially all our most creative/technical players are on the pitch at the same time. It’s very flexible, essentially changes to a 4-2-4 when attacking, and a 4-6-0 when defending.
Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 16:26 - Apr 7 with 1557 viewsBadlands

Was the new Chairman at the match last night? on 14:30 - Apr 7 by Jonathans_coat

I was nearby in the West yesterday. Birch was all smiles at the end of the game clapping the lads off. Looked very pleased and upbeat. But who wasn’t pleased and upbeat after our last two home performances?

Potter seems to have found a formula that works, basically a 4-4-2 but with 2 AM’s instead of strikers. Means essentially all our most creative/technical players are on the pitch at the same time. It’s very flexible, essentially changes to a 4-2-4 when attacking, and a 4-6-0 when defending.

The format Potter has used since McBurnie's 'illness' and realising Courtney isn't going to be a target man is very similar to that used by Brendon with Sinclair and Borini roaming and switching in front of Britton and Allen with Dyer and Dobbie wide. Dyer, Dobbie, Sinclair and Borini all comfortable coming infield or hugging the touchline.
It also looked like the defence and midfield were holding up the play to take a breather while keeping Boro forwards and midfield on the move. Another from the Rodgers' play-book.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024