Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At What Point..... 23:29 - Feb 23 with 23642 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Do you think our club will stop hating its fans?

I cant think of many other clubs that would have given the manager so little stick after such a garbage league campaign.

The sacked in the morning rant.

Cant be arsed opening late or Saturday to allow fans to buy tickets.

Most expensive coach prices in the town to go to Wembley.

The new club catch phrase 'Don't come back'.

This isn't a moan, I am genuinely interest in the current marketing strategy of the club?

Is home fan revenue so insignificant now that its to much trouble to bother?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

At What Point..... on 11:36 - Feb 24 with 2206 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 11:18 - Feb 24 by southealingdale

Started watching in 1979.

Loved the way I could walk around the ground back then. Loved going to the different kiosks for pie and peas. Loved leaning over the wall or standing on the hill. Loved the paper programmes and team sheets as you walked in.

The innocence has gone but isn't that the same for all of the 92.

Football has changed over those 40 years and not all of it for the better.

I still think about Martinez, Wann, Esser, Wellings. I can still conjure up the smell of the place in 1979.

Walking up to the ground; giddy with excitement. Didn't matter who we were playing.

All of my mates were utd or city or burnley or leeds.

Rochdale were my club. Everyone always asks who are your second team - I always reply I haven't got one.

I lost my heart to the place the first moment I arrived.

I left Rochdale in 1993.

The club is the one thing that keeps me coming back. Not as often as I'd like but it still draws me back.

Sunday at home v Tottenham was for me the moment my club mattered to everyone not just me.

My 10 year old son, went into school in London on Monday and for the first time he could tell them the Dale score with none of his friends replying "who are rochdale" "who is your second team".

Have never seen him happier.

They are his team now too and will always be.

The custodians of the club - those that kept it going in the dark times - those who recently have improved it have my thanks.

It is a magnificent club and we should rejoice.

Epic post - top man.
At What Point..... on 11:48 - Feb 24 with 2160 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 11:31 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

Read the posts in this thread and the general theme isn’t moaning, it’s a collective desire to make things better than what they are. Not unrealistic, not unreasonable, simply sensible people wanting a sensible improvement.

Spot on 442.
At What Point..... on 11:50 - Feb 24 with 2150 viewsTVOS1907

At What Point..... on 11:27 - Feb 24 by 56years

Our club is not perfect but if you live outside the Rochdale AFC 'goldfish bowl' and put our club in context with many others we don't know how lucky we are, and at the risk of receiving the usual invective from some, you haven't got a clue!
Do you ever talk to other club's supporters? Do they say how great their club and manager is? Get real and stop moaning!

I think you need to read the thread again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

At What Point..... on 11:57 - Feb 24 with 2123 viewsCamdenDale

Game on today! (Obv. I'm not there, I'm in North London.) Safe journey to those going and sing your hearts out for the lads!! I think we can do Wigan.

(It's just a game - the whole thing is just for fun and good times.)
At What Point..... on 12:52 - Feb 24 with 2029 viewsShun

I don't think they hate us. I posted on here last week about queuing up for Spurs tickets from 8am with a sizeable queue there even at that point. Russ and Dunphy were both in attendance and arranged hot drinks for everyone, and then I witnessed Russ having more than a few conversations with different groups of fans about certain issues.

What I saw that morning was the face of a club who genuinely care. But despite that there's a level of indifference towards things that they perhaps don't think matter that to us very much do. I think they're very much stuck in their ways and quite resistant to that changing but again, I don't think that means they don't care.
At What Point..... on 13:15 - Feb 24 with 1987 viewsoff2div1

Sound is 110% distorted in Sandy.Get some new speakers
At What Point..... on 13:26 - Feb 24 with 1965 viewsfirgrovedale51

At What Point..... on 11:31 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

Read the posts in this thread and the general theme isn’t moaning, it’s a collective desire to make things better than what they are. Not unrealistic, not unreasonable, simply sensible people wanting a sensible improvement.

No it is moaning
At What Point..... on 13:28 - Feb 24 with 1953 viewsMoonyDale

At What Point..... on 13:26 - Feb 24 by firgrovedale51

No it is moaning

You sound like Hilly....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

At What Point..... on 13:33 - Feb 24 with 1939 viewsCamdenDale

No it is moaning

Knockout Firgrove - will have a think about that one.
At What Point..... on 13:35 - Feb 24 with 1931 views442Dale

No it is moaning

All of it? No valid efforts to improve things?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

At What Point..... on 13:35 - Feb 24 with 1930 viewsrochdaleriddler

At What Point..... on 11:57 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Game on today! (Obv. I'm not there, I'm in North London.) Safe journey to those going and sing your hearts out for the lads!! I think we can do Wigan.

(It's just a game - the whole thing is just for fun and good times.)

I'm here as the token moron

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

At What Point..... on 13:38 - Feb 24 with 1919 viewsfirgrovedale51

At What Point..... on 13:33 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Knockout Firgrove - will have a think about that one.

Lovely
At What Point..... on 13:40 - Feb 24 with 1908 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 13:35 - Feb 24 by rochdaleriddler

I'm here as the token moron

Amazing mate.
At What Point..... on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 1903 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 13:38 - Feb 24 by firgrovedale51

Lovely

Righteous. FFS - if you can't actually think of anything to say, just wanna wipe your dirty face in, then yuppy do.
At What Point..... on 13:44 - Feb 24 with 1902 viewsfirgrovedale51

At What Point..... on 13:35 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

All of it? No valid efforts to improve things?

No not all of it 442 but a lot, same as the negativity Hilly talks of , you must have heard it some go and do nothing but moan I moan but things are not as bad as people make out , it is a damn sight better than it has been in the past .
At What Point..... on 13:48 - Feb 24 with 1884 views442Dale

At What Point..... on 13:44 - Feb 24 by firgrovedale51

No not all of it 442 but a lot, same as the negativity Hilly talks of , you must have heard it some go and do nothing but moan I moan but things are not as bad as people make out , it is a damn sight better than it has been in the past .

I agree. However, it could be better. Which benefits everyone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

At What Point..... on 14:15 - Feb 24 with 1834 viewsrochdaleriddler

At What Point..... on 13:40 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Amazing mate.

Cheers petal

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

At What Point..... on 14:30 - Feb 24 with 1805 viewsrochdale_ranger

I dont think the club hate the fans. The office staff and the girls at the ticket counter seem nice and friendly aswell as are the guys in the clubshop. The problem is we've a manager whose head has gone right up its own arse since he made the transition from youth team coach and brought us some rightly earned success. As far as the football goes Hill can walk on water as far as Im concerned but that doesn't give him the right to slag the punters off and he must take the criticism as well as the plaudits. Its not the first time he's slagged the fans. Is he having a meltdown perhaps.
At What Point..... on 14:40 - Feb 24 with 1777 viewsMoonyDale

At What Point..... on 14:30 - Feb 24 by rochdale_ranger

I dont think the club hate the fans. The office staff and the girls at the ticket counter seem nice and friendly aswell as are the guys in the clubshop. The problem is we've a manager whose head has gone right up its own arse since he made the transition from youth team coach and brought us some rightly earned success. As far as the football goes Hill can walk on water as far as Im concerned but that doesn't give him the right to slag the punters off and he must take the criticism as well as the plaudits. Its not the first time he's slagged the fans. Is he having a meltdown perhaps.

He's having a moan at us for having a moan.....Perhaps he doesn't do irony..And we're having a moan back, perhaps none of us do irony..
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 14:41]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

At What Point..... on 14:42 - Feb 24 with 1769 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 14:15 - Feb 24 by rochdaleriddler

Cheers petal

Petal? No-one says that. Hang on, I think I know you! Yeah, you're that two ounce rancid berk used to live near me gran. Ah...nice one dude.
At What Point..... on 14:53 - Feb 24 with 1747 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 14:30 - Feb 24 by rochdale_ranger

Of course the girls in the office are nice. And yes, KH is offensive to the hand that feeds. He has 'great expectations', resents his failure at Barnsley (of all the massive clubs!), and treats our small club as his playground. He's an oddball but forgive him. Without him we'd have dropped out of the football league. Doesn't mean to say he cannot be replaced, but tread carefully. Had some right idiots not too long ago...
At What Point..... on 15:07 - Feb 24 with 1721 viewsLaveritty

It's very much a one way street with Hilly - when the chips are down blame the fans to deflect attention away from his own, and his teams, shortcomings. Can't remember much evidence of him heaping praise upon the fans when enjoying the publicity and plaudits bestowed upon him when things are going well?.

One recent example springs to mind - last week it didn't take him long, after the final whistle had been blown, to emerge from the tunnel and run across the pitch to the BBC studio to give Lineker et al the opportunity to blow smoke up his arse. I remember being surprised and thinking I would have assumed he would have wanted to enjoy the moment with his team in the changing room?

Surely if he genuinely believes the things he said on Wednesday about the negativity of (a handful of) fans being the reason for the players' performance then by the same token he should have been giving us our due credit for our part in the superb performance and result against Spurs and imploring us all to come back week after week? I don't remember that happening (and I can't be bothered right now to rewatch the post match footage) he just sat there lapping up the praise and no doubt thinking to himself 'How great am I - I've just seen my team hold the mighty Tottenham Hotspur to a draw!' But when the same team then plays out a fairly uninspiring draw at home against a team who had lost their last 5 matches and we really needed a win he decides to blame the fans and even has the audacity to say 'don't bother coming back!' Having a pop at the diehard regular fans who go week in week out was a new low even for him!

The guy will always be a Dale legend and nobody can question the success he has brought to the club but he is, as has been suggested by others, an absolute knobhead of a person! That is a difficult thing to say about a person that I have nothing but total admiration for as a football manager! Keith - try and learn a bit of grace and humility - it will make you a nicer person.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

At What Point..... on 15:09 - Feb 24 with 1718 viewsCamdenDale

Just one more point about KH. I find plenty he says objectionable too. Not interviewed too often 5 mins after I finish work myself - I'd say allsorts. Leave the guy alone for a bit, we could be bottom of league one with lots of other 'managers'. He has something.
At What Point..... on 15:14 - Feb 24 with 1698 viewsrochdaleriddler

At What Point..... on 14:42 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Petal? No-one says that. Hang on, I think I know you! Yeah, you're that two ounce rancid berk used to live near me gran. Ah...nice one dude.

Eh

At What Point..... on 15:21 - Feb 24 with 1681 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 15:07 - Feb 24 by Laveritty

It's very much a one way street with Hilly - when the chips are down blame the fans to deflect attention away from his own, and his teams, shortcomings. Can't remember much evidence of him heaping praise upon the fans when enjoying the publicity and plaudits bestowed upon him when things are going well?.

One recent example springs to mind - last week it didn't take him long, after the final whistle had been blown, to emerge from the tunnel and run across the pitch to the BBC studio to give Lineker et al the opportunity to blow smoke up his arse. I remember being surprised and thinking I would have assumed he would have wanted to enjoy the moment with his team in the changing room?

Surely if he genuinely believes the things he said on Wednesday about the negativity of (a handful of) fans being the reason for the players' performance then by the same token he should have been giving us our due credit for our part in the superb performance and result against Spurs and imploring us all to come back week after week? I don't remember that happening (and I can't be bothered right now to rewatch the post match footage) he just sat there lapping up the praise and no doubt thinking to himself 'How great am I - I've just seen my team hold the mighty Tottenham Hotspur to a draw!' But when the same team then plays out a fairly uninspiring draw at home against a team who had lost their last 5 matches and we really needed a win he decides to blame the fans and even has the audacity to say 'don't bother coming back!' Having a pop at the diehard regular fans who go week in week out was a new low even for him!

The guy will always be a Dale legend and nobody can question the success he has brought to the club but he is, as has been suggested by others, an absolute knobhead of a person! That is a difficult thing to say about a person that I have nothing but total admiration for as a football manager! Keith - try and learn a bit of grace and humility - it will make you a nicer person.

Hang on mate, I bet you're an absolute knobhead of a person sometimes. I know I am. Thing to learn is, from League 2 relegation candidates on a ground owned by the council, this knobhead has given us players to admire, two promotions, a ground our own, recently good cup runs and so on. Most 'managers', in all sectors, not just football, have no effing idea about anything. We go down, we stick with Keith.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024