Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 13:29 - Feb 8 with 34216 viewssouthealingdale

" Pochettino calls on the FA to intervene over Rochdale's pitch ahead of FA Cup 5th round at Spotland. Says it is no in a condition to play football & could lead to injuries for both sets of players. "

+

@upthedale on Twitter

Pitch on 16:31 - Feb 10 with 2976 viewsAlexF

it'll be interesting to see if, after all this, Spurs dont play their 'stars' anyway...
Pitch on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 2935 viewsMolly

Pitch on 16:16 - Feb 10 by robbowood

Just to give you some idea of how bad it has been in Lancashire since November 18. The West Lancs Football League - which includes clubs from north of Bolton to Fylde Coast (Blackpool) to the Lake District and up to Barrow

Nov 25 - 27 games out of 31 called off
Dec 9 - 25 games out of 29 called off
Dec 16 - 23 games out of 29 called off
Dec 23 - 13 games out of 19 called off
Dec 30 - all 20 games called off
Jan 20 - 23 games out of 28 called off
Jan 27 - 24 games out of 31 called off
Feb 3 - 22 games out of 28 called off
Today - 28 games out of 31 called off

Pitches just cannot cope with incessant rain for weeks on end. I have never known so such much rain, as we've had over the last three months, in the last 50 years !!

Some WLL clubs have only played 13 matches out of 34 - if the Dale have a fixture pile up it's nothing compared to the West Lancs League

Although (allegedly) errors seem to have been made with putting the right type of sand to help our pitch drain better there is only so much rain a pitch can take - make no mistake we have had masses more rain in this part or the world than anywhere else in the country !!

"make no mistake we have had masses more rain in this part or the world than anywhere else in the country !! "
That is very true and you make your point well, however, how many games have Bolton/Bury/Blackburn/Oldham, lost to the weather?
Pitch on 17:20 - Feb 10 with 2796 viewsrobbowood

Pitch on 16:39 - Feb 10 by Molly

"make no mistake we have had masses more rain in this part or the world than anywhere else in the country !! "
That is very true and you make your point well, however, how many games have Bolton/Bury/Blackburn/Oldham, lost to the weather?

I agree that we shouldn't have any matches called off - or if we had then no more than Bolton/Bury/Blackburn/Oldham - but if we had drainage problems there was no margin for error - we can see the outcome

I cannot speak for Oldham but certainly Bury and Bolton (which I pass through numerous times each week) haven't had anything like as much rain as we've had in Rochdale in the last 2-3 months

With the weather as it is being in the foothills of the Pennines (five miles away ?) is one of the worse places to be if you want plenty of rain
Pitch on 17:21 - Feb 10 with 2787 viewssoulboy

Pitch on 15:49 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

I struggle with people wilfully misinterpreting what i've posted, due to having huge chips on their shoulders, whereas you struggle with the very concept of supporting the club

Next...

Grow up and get a life
Pitch on 17:36 - Feb 10 with 2707 viewsDevonDale

Pitch on 17:20 - Feb 10 by robbowood

I agree that we shouldn't have any matches called off - or if we had then no more than Bolton/Bury/Blackburn/Oldham - but if we had drainage problems there was no margin for error - we can see the outcome

I cannot speak for Oldham but certainly Bury and Bolton (which I pass through numerous times each week) haven't had anything like as much rain as we've had in Rochdale in the last 2-3 months

With the weather as it is being in the foothills of the Pennines (five miles away ?) is one of the worse places to be if you want plenty of rain

Always been the case - Oldham and Rochdale will get a lot more rain than Bolton/Bury/Blackburn - a few miles makes all the difference
Pitch on 18:55 - Feb 10 with 2572 views1907

Pitch on 01:01 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

Rochdale's newly laid pitch last season - to be honest it looks a million times better than what we played on Tuesday!

How ironic that we’ve conceded two goals from corners, one being a late equaliser. I seem to see a trend...
Pitch on 19:04 - Feb 10 with 2532 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 15:55 - Feb 10 by bazingadale

i am there week in, week out lad.

Next....

Anyone can walk through a turnstile, that doesn't constitute support

Around 50% of your most recent posts have been advocating "Hill Out", and in fact a very quick perusal shows you've been droning on about "Hill Out" since at least 2015 if not before. You've banged on about bringing banners to the game to that effect. Of course, you haven't, you're just full of shite

Let's face it, when you have bazingadale supporting your cause, you know you're in trouble

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 19:15 - Feb 10 with 2471 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 18:55 - Feb 10 by 1907

How ironic that we’ve conceded two goals from corners, one being a late equaliser. I seem to see a trend...

When I were a lad i'th'olden days, we only used to have muddy pitches to watch live football on.

Luxury. We used to dream of a pitch. We have to watch youtube clips and clean t'road wi't'tongue.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 19:38 - Feb 10 with 2394 viewsnordenblue

Pitch on 17:20 - Feb 10 by robbowood

Surely it's the BEST place to live,if you want plenty of rain?
Some very valid points though...
Pitch on 19:41 - Feb 10 with 2368 viewsMolly

Pitch on 19:15 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

When I were a lad i'th'olden days, we only used to have muddy pitches to watch live football on.

Luxury. We used to dream of a pitch. We have to watch youtube clips and clean t'road wi't'tongue.

Muddy! Muddy!!!! sheer luxury

We used to av pitches made ov quicksand .

Players today don't know they're born.
Pitch on 19:47 - Feb 10 with 2328 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 19:41 - Feb 10 by Molly

Muddy! Muddy!!!! sheer luxury

We used to av pitches made ov quicksand .

Players today don't know they're born.

You were lucky to have quicksand. There were 200 of us playing in a sandpit full of concrete. You try telling that to Spurs players though ...... they'd never believe you.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 19:52 - Feb 10 with 2322 viewsMolly

Pitch on 19:47 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

You were lucky to have quicksand. There were 200 of us playing in a sandpit full of concrete. You try telling that to Spurs players though ...... they'd never believe you.

Sandpit full of concrete. We had to play on a bucket full of quicksand with piranhas swimmin' in't bucket and when we were finished we ad a cupful of cold water each to shower with. Sheer luxury!!!!
Pitch on 20:00 - Feb 10 with 2283 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 19:52 - Feb 10 by Molly

Sandpit full of concrete. We had to play on a bucket full of quicksand with piranhas swimmin' in't bucket and when we were finished we ad a cupful of cold water each to shower with. Sheer luxury!!!!

luxury we played in a septic tank we dreamed about being rained off.

This is not the time for bickering.

Pitch on 20:01 - Feb 10 with 2280 viewsDorislove

Pitch on 19:04 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

Around 50% of your most recent posts have been advocating "Hill Out", and in fact a very quick perusal shows you've been droning on about "Hill Out" since at least 2015 if not before. You've banged on about bringing banners to the game to that effect. Of course, you haven't, you're just full of shite

Let's face it, when you have bazingadale supporting your cause, you know you're in trouble

Quite a few people do this and nothing else,are they the same ? you may as well say the main stand doesnt support the club.What people say on here isnt relevant to "supporting the club".What in your opinion after walking and paying into the stadium constitutes support.
Pitch on 21:19 - Feb 10 with 2119 viewspaulscho

Pitch on 20:01 - Feb 10 by Dorislove

Quite a few people do this and nothing else,are they the same ? you may as well say the main stand doesnt support the club.What people say on here isnt relevant to "supporting the club".What in your opinion after walking and paying into the stadium constitutes support.

It's raining hard again ....like cats and dogs

livinginadalewonderland

Pitch on 22:08 - Feb 10 with 1992 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 16:39 - Feb 10 by Molly

And accrington

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 22:10 - Feb 10 with 1985 viewsDorislove

Pitch on 21:19 - Feb 10 by paulscho

It's raining hard again ....like cats and dogs

Your comment has what to do with what i said ?
Pitch on 22:11 - Feb 10 with 1980 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 19:04 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

Put the cooking sherry down

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 22:30 - Feb 10 with 1900 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 20:01 - Feb 10 by Dorislove

"What in your opinion after walking and paying into the stadium constitutes support."

Being a member of the Dale Truss?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 22:39 - Feb 10 with 1853 viewspaulscho

Pitch on 22:10 - Feb 10 by Dorislove

Your comment has what to do with what i said ?

Raining even harder now

livinginadalewonderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024