Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Article in last nights Evening Post 08:06 - Nov 23 with 8974 viewsjacktheripper

About Huw Jenkins risking his money in the Swans and fully deserving the well earned returns. How much did he put in? I thought it was Martin Morgans money and HJ was just the mouth piece
Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:06 - Nov 23 with 1610 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 12:48 - Nov 23 by Private_Partz

Today's SWEP front page headline appears to be blaming us pesky internet fans for the trouble at the Trust.
They have already picked up on the Jenkins opinion that the fans are contributing to poor form by getting on the players backs.
It will be reported as all our fault in the media if / when we go down if we are not careful.

I personally believe the fans have an awful lot to answer to as I've said many, many times on here.

The negativity around the Club has taken hold and it's completely unhealthy

One thing I know for sure, and that's forget Jenkins, the Americans, the Trust for one minute

If we continue like this we won't have any chance whatsoever in surviving the drop.

This is a time to stop and reflect and start to do things properly, without the Bullshit mass hysteria.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:19 - Nov 23 with 1579 viewsjeza739

HJ part in our rise cannot be forgotten. Likewise neither can his part in our demise and fall. From 2013 when he manufactured ML exit he has been a disaster. And his behaviour over the sellout. Utterly deplorable.
Imo the clhb will not take an upward turn whilst he remains here. Apart from his dreadful judgement on players and recent appointments his mere presence creates a toxic atmosphere that doesn't do anyone any good .

Thanks for 2003-13 but now GET OUT OF OUR CLUB
Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:26 - Nov 23 with 1565 viewsDarran

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:06 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

I personally believe the fans have an awful lot to answer to as I've said many, many times on here.

One thing I know for sure, and that's forget Jenkins, the Americans, the Trust for one minute

If we continue like this we won't have any chance whatsoever in surviving the drop.

This is a time to stop and reflect and start to do things properly, without the Bullshit mass hysteria.

Yeah it’s the fans fault.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:27 - Nov 23 with 1567 viewsjack247

Article in last nights Evening Post on 11:27 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

I think that viewpoint deserves respect.

The fans turning on Jenkins is not doing the Club any favours.

I'll be more than interested to get the views from the inside on him and whether it's still felt he can be an asset.

Balance. Remember that.

That's all you should ask of yourselves when lashing out continually.

And no, I'm not sticking up for him and no, I appreciate what he did was low, but I'm also trying to keep my feet on the ground with him and to really evaluate his worth to the Club.

I think it would be a good thing for people to really consider how much a part he's played in our rise versus how much he's played in our recent fall, and then lastly how much a part he could play in getting us back at least on an even keel again.

Without going into too much on the above points, I honestly think we could be one appointment away from this, a new manager for example, or a link man in midfield who's able to play from back to front, or an attacking midfielder that's got genuine creative ability and excites us.

In all seriousness the margins between success and failure could be as minimal as this.

Just think about things and be honest with your thoughts.

Jenkins, along with others played a massive part in taking us from a dying fourth tier club to where we are now. No one can ever take that away from him and no one should try to.

I personally didn’t begrudge him getting rich by selling his shares either. What really rankled was they tried to sell to the first bunch of venture capitalists and succeeded (sneakily) in selling to the second. We weren’t in genuine relegation danger, the PL money was going to keep coming in. Those boys could have bided their time, sold to genuine investors and be walking round Swansea now with the keys to the city and millions in their bank accounts.

Aside from that, he seems to have lost his touch as DoF big time. If you want to play Swanselona football, don’t appoint pragmatic managers. If you want to appoint pragmatic managers, don’t then sign players like Baston and Mesa when they’d have got more use out of Grant Holt and Lee Catermole.

I don’t care if he gets paid half a million a year or he sits in the directors box every game, what’s done with the sale is done. Just keep the man out of football related decisions, because his Midas touch is long gone and has been replaced by dangerous incompetence.
Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:31 - Nov 23 with 1556 viewsSWANSEYE

Heard he's bought a pub u in Ystradgynlais along with Martyn Morgan . . .
Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:33 - Nov 23 with 1550 viewsjeza739

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:27 - Nov 23 by jack247

Jenkins, along with others played a massive part in taking us from a dying fourth tier club to where we are now. No one can ever take that away from him and no one should try to.

I personally didn’t begrudge him getting rich by selling his shares either. What really rankled was they tried to sell to the first bunch of venture capitalists and succeeded (sneakily) in selling to the second. We weren’t in genuine relegation danger, the PL money was going to keep coming in. Those boys could have bided their time, sold to genuine investors and be walking round Swansea now with the keys to the city and millions in their bank accounts.

Aside from that, he seems to have lost his touch as DoF big time. If you want to play Swanselona football, don’t appoint pragmatic managers. If you want to appoint pragmatic managers, don’t then sign players like Baston and Mesa when they’d have got more use out of Grant Holt and Lee Catermole.

I don’t care if he gets paid half a million a year or he sits in the directors box every game, what’s done with the sale is done. Just keep the man out of football related decisions, because his Midas touch is long gone and has been replaced by dangerous incompetence.

Couldn't agree more
Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:49 - Nov 23 with 1520 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:27 - Nov 23 by jack247

Really appreciate this post and the one above, not Darren's.

I agree with most said, who could really argue.

But right now wouldn't be the time to just get shot, would it?

It's November, coming into December and we're struggling at the wrong end of the table. We were in a similar place last season and we, and let's be men or grown ups here, he pulled it out of the bag.

This season, in my opinion, didn't need to be like it is, and I don't think the blame lies at Jenkins door for this.

First, we stalled in the Summer because of one man, Kaplan, this has clearly had a knock on affect right through. I'm not saying the rest of the window would have been perfect had Siggy gone a month before but it could only have helped.

We don't really know what's happened with our other targets but without knowing this, is it fair to point the finger at anyone based on guesswork?

And then there's Clement, he's really disappointed everyone this season and for many is the major reason we are where we are.

I mentioned earlier, cast your minds back to Sunderland away last season, the club was as united as we'd been for a long time back then and we were all looking forward to a good Summer and window. We're really not that far away from that game right now, and it's not all one man's fault, be it Jenkins or Clement for that matter.

We really need to find better solutions than just protesting and getting on the players backs. Of all the things we can do as supporters, like a firmer Trust for one which keeps hassling the Club on the above matters and standing up for itself, the protesting and player bashing will get us nowhere.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:04 - Nov 23 with 1490 viewsjack247

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:49 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

It's November, coming into December and we're struggling at the wrong end of the table. We were in a similar place last season and we, and let's be men or grown ups here, he pulled it out of the bag.

This season, in my opinion, didn't need to be like it is, and I don't think the blame lies at Jenkins door for this.

First, we stalled in the Summer because of one man, Kaplan, this has clearly had a knock on affect right through. I'm not saying the rest of the window would have been perfect had Siggy gone a month before but it could only have helped.

We don't really know what's happened with our other targets but without knowing this, is it fair to point the finger at anyone based on guesswork?

And then there's Clement, he's really disappointed everyone this season and for many is the major reason we are where we are.

I mentioned earlier, cast your minds back to Sunderland away last season, the club was as united as we'd been for a long time back then and we were all looking forward to a good Summer and window. We're really not that far away from that game right now, and it's not all one man's fault, be it Jenkins or Clement for that matter.

We really need to find better solutions than just protesting and getting on the players backs. Of all the things we can do as supporters, like a firmer Trust for one which keeps hassling the Club on the above matters and standing up for itself, the protesting and player bashing will get us nowhere.

Totally agree that now is not the time to get rid of Jenkins. In all honesty, I think he will be here until we are sold anyway.

Right now, Paul Clement is my biggest concern. He’s not the architect of what’s gone wrong at the club over the last few years, but he is the most immediate problem. Unless there is a dramatic upturn in performances (Bonys 45 minutes Saturday gave me a bit of hope, but I don’t think playing the way we do and relying on him and Tammy to dig us out will be enough), he is going to be sacked soooner rather than later and this will become another rescue job season like the two before.

Really do think Jenkins and the Americans need to learn from the last two years though. Bring the right manager in to play the type of football that is going to suit the players we have, then back him in the window, by allowing him to select the type of player he wants, rather than just signing players above his head. It sounds so simple.
Login to get fewer ads

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:07 - Nov 23 with 1486 viewsDarran

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:49 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

You can appreciate whatever you want but the main reason the fans have become negative is because everything is currently extremely negative and the majority of that negativity was created by Jenkins.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:25 - Nov 23 with 1463 viewsVetchfielder

Chris -

Even if you disagree with the premise, it's pretty clear to me that most of the posters on here want Jenkins and Dineen out of the club so you need to decide when you get on to the Trust Board as to whether you are representing the supporters and reflecting their views or whether you just approach things from your perspective and act as you see fit.

Both approaches are equally as valid - the kind of thought processes that MP's sometimes go through when they are not being whipped, in a political sense obviously.

I think the first priority is to address the issue of the share sale and whether we go for a second vote. I'm hoping that gets addressed this week actually, as stated by Will before his resignation. A meeting needs to be organised for this stuff to be aired properly.

Then I think we should press for the removal of HJ and LD - the continued presence of these guys is causing division and resentment. If this is handled behind closed doors by the Trust, it will take away the need for visible protest and hence the risk to team performance. Until HJ , and LD to a lesser extent, goes this toxicity will just go on and on. HJ will need to transition to the new DoF and maybe work on the January window together before he leaves.

The trust should now concentrate totally on this important stuff for next few months and put any work on fringe activities like fundraising, awards, plaques, community activities on hold until we know where we are going on the core issues.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 14:27]

Proud to have been one of the 231

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:52 - Nov 23 with 1427 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:25 - Nov 23 by Vetchfielder

Chris -

Even if you disagree with the premise, it's pretty clear to me that most of the posters on here want Jenkins and Dineen out of the club so you need to decide when you get on to the Trust Board as to whether you are representing the supporters and reflecting their views or whether you just approach things from your perspective and act as you see fit.

Both approaches are equally as valid - the kind of thought processes that MP's sometimes go through when they are not being whipped, in a political sense obviously.

I think the first priority is to address the issue of the share sale and whether we go for a second vote. I'm hoping that gets addressed this week actually, as stated by Will before his resignation. A meeting needs to be organised for this stuff to be aired properly.

Then I think we should press for the removal of HJ and LD - the continued presence of these guys is causing division and resentment. If this is handled behind closed doors by the Trust, it will take away the need for visible protest and hence the risk to team performance. Until HJ , and LD to a lesser extent, goes this toxicity will just go on and on. HJ will need to transition to the new DoF and maybe work on the January window together before he leaves.

The trust should now concentrate totally on this important stuff for next few months and put any work on fringe activities like fundraising, awards, plaques, community activities on hold until we know where we are going on the core issues.

Yes there is strong sentiment and arguably there is a time and a place to make this public.

But, wanting something, asking for it too, does not mean we will get it. And sometimes we have to respect certain decisions.

Personally, I think the future of the Club is THE most important factor and right now that isn't necessarily whether Jenkins has one month left at the Club or ten years, it's all down to what we can do to improve our league position.

We are where we are and this needs dealing with.

The share sale is also high up on the priority list but personally I don't know where we are with the finer details. I wouldn't want this as a distraction to our main fight though, which has to be staying in this league.

I personally would like to see a review report of certain decision making over the last few years before just pointing the finger of blame in any one or two directions. We've apparently undertaken these reviews so let's see what's been revealed.

The message I'm trying to promote is to get behind the team, believe we can get out of this mess and let's start to do things properly on and off the pitch with careful planning, not shouting and screaming.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 14:54]

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:53 - Nov 23 with 1418 viewstheloneranger

I'll be more than interested to get the views from the inside on him and whether it's still felt he can be an asset.

Balance. Remember that.

And no, I'm not sticking up for him and no, I appreciate what he did was low, but I'm also trying to keep my feet on the ground with him and to really evaluate his worth to the Club.

I think it would be a good thing for people to really consider how much a part he's played in our rise versus how much he's played in our recent fall, and then lastly how much a part he could play in getting us back at least on an even keel again.

Without going into too much on the above points, I honestly think we could be one appointment away from this, a new manager for example, or a link man in midfield who's able to play from back to front, or an attacking midfielder that's got genuine creative ability and excites us.

In all seriousness the margins between success and failure could be as minimal as this.

No you can't take away what Jenkins and many others did for the Swans,, in their rise from the ashes.

BUT you also can't take away what Jenkins underhandedly did to the Trust when selling to the Americans.and what makes it worse is he and Martin Morgan then sold their voting rights , giving the Americans full control of the club, when only purchasing 68%, leaving the Trust out in the cold.

Pinnochio is beyond contempt, and needs tarring and feathering and run out of the Liberty!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:59 - Nov 23 with 1416 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:53 - Nov 23 by theloneranger

No you can't take away what Jenkins and many others did for the Swans,, in their rise from the ashes.

BUT you also can't take away what Jenkins underhandedly did to the Trust when selling to the Americans.and what makes it worse is he and Martin Morgan then sold their voting rights , giving the Americans full control of the club, when only purchasing 68%, leaving the Trust out in the cold.

Pinnochio is beyond contempt, and needs tarring and feathering and run out of the Liberty!!

That maybe so but not at the expense of our Club falling to pieces.

We "could" realistically get back to what made us exciting to watch and be proud of the team again.

Regardless of who owns the Club, that should still be an important target.

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:00 - Nov 23 with 1413 viewspencoedjack

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:53 - Nov 23 by theloneranger

Spot on fella

Chris (if elected to the trust) i hope you do what members say & not what you think personally.

Jenkins & his band of robbing men out of our football clubs means more to me (& I presume others) than staying in the PL.

Until they are removed you will have no united fan base.
Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:23 - Nov 23 with 1379 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:00 - Nov 23 by pencoedjack

Spot on fella

Chris (if elected to the trust) i hope you do what members say & not what you think personally.

Jenkins & his band of robbing men out of our football clubs means more to me (& I presume others) than staying in the PL.

Until they are removed you will have no united fan base.

I'm not sure that's true but would be interested to find out.

I would hope more would prefer a team we could be proud of in the Premier league no matter who is in charge.

This isn't blind support for Jenkins it's simply wanting the best all round outcome for our football club.

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:26 - Nov 23 with 1367 viewsswancity

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:23 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

I'm not sure that's true but would be interested to find out.

I would hope more would prefer a team we could be proud of in the Premier league no matter who is in charge.

This isn't blind support for Jenkins it's simply wanting the best all round outcome for our football club.

Agreed but sometimes a step back to go two forward again is needed if only to re-galvanise the support which is becoming divided and confused. I'm still trying to establish if the sale was conducted illegally.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:35 - Nov 23 with 1356 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:26 - Nov 23 by swancity

Agreed but sometimes a step back to go two forward again is needed if only to re-galvanise the support which is becoming divided and confused. I'm still trying to establish if the sale was conducted illegally.

I think the Trust can take a much firmer hand and utilise the fact it speaks on behalf of the many not the few but I think losing our Premier league place could have dire consequences

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:46 - Nov 23 with 1343 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:35 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

I think the Trust can take a much firmer hand and utilise the fact it speaks on behalf of the many not the few but I think losing our Premier league place could have dire consequences

“For the many not the few “.

Nicely put .

Good luck Chris

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:57 - Nov 23 with 1323 viewsPrivate_Partz

Article in last nights Evening Post on 13:06 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

If you have a problem you adress the cause not run with it and hope it will improve. The cause for me is Jenkins.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Article in last nights Evening Post on 16:14 - Nov 23 with 1303 viewsPrivate_Partz

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:35 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

Indeed I agree with you. Our status is vital both for the club and the Swansea Bay Region.
Problem for me is I think we have very little hope of survival with Jenkins sitting there as DOF.
His mojo has gone. Self interest is what drives him now. This aside from the fact he is useless as a DOF.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 16:16]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Article in last nights Evening Post on 16:25 - Nov 23 with 1285 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 15:57 - Nov 23 by Private_Partz

If you have a problem you adress the cause not run with it and hope it will improve. The cause for me is Jenkins.

If it was as cut and dried as that I'd agree with you, but there's so much more to all this.

Article in last nights Evening Post on 16:26 - Nov 23 with 1277 viewsTheResurrection

Article in last nights Evening Post on 16:14 - Nov 23 by Private_Partz

Indeed I agree with you. Our status is vital both for the club and the Swansea Bay Region.
Problem for me is I think we have very little hope of survival with Jenkins sitting there as DOF.
His mojo has gone. Self interest is what drives him now. This aside from the fact he is useless as a DOF.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 16:16]

Emotions aside, the stats say completely different to that.

7 years and counting....

Article in last nights Evening Post on 16:37 - Nov 23 with 1258 viewsdobjack2

Article in last nights Evening Post on 16:26 - Nov 23 by TheResurrection

Emotions aside, the stats say completely different to that.

7 years and counting....

And we are getting closer and closer to dropping out.

People want Jenkins head in a platter and if that doesn’t happen they will be looking for someone to blame
Article in last nights Evening Post on 16:39 - Nov 23 with 1255 viewsgiantstoneater

Article in last nights Evening Post on 14:25 - Nov 23 by Vetchfielder

Chris -

I don`t think the M Morgan is employed by the club but why leave him out, he is still sitting in his seat with his nice view with all his cronies and at the end of the day he was a dirty sell out too.
Article in last nights Evening Post on 17:13 - Nov 23 with 1226 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Balance. Remember that.

Balance? He put a little money into the club to wrest it from Petty , we got the new stadium and he hired jackett.
Helot lucky with Roberto and the adoption of the "Swansea way" and did the hard bit and got us promoted to the PL and hit his zenith with Laudrups success.

Now for the bad stuff. The sacking of Laudrups and appointing trouble maker in chief Gary Monk as manager, Monk's subsequent jettisoning of 6 years footballing philosophy for long ball shite, FAJTAK, the sale, the treatment of the trust , the continual meddling in player acquisitions resulting in ten's of millions of pounds of wasted money. There is no sign of a return to the glorious football we were renowned with under Rodgers and Laudrups tenures and the esteem the club was held in by many fans of other clubs. We had something rare , something to be proud of. Now we're worse than average and are developing into a laughing stock with players being bought for millions then loaned out and a revolving door where managers are concerned. We took on Bob Bradley FFS Chris!

We will be stripped bare of finance by these sharks after our inevitable relegation which will then see us drop back to league one or even further.
We could even end up like Portsmouth if we're not lucky and that will all be down to HJ, Martin Morgan and the other "saviours" of SCFC . What a legacy they are going to be burdened with.
Their greed got the better of them but instead of exercising caution and diligence they sold to the worst possible buyers - a hedge fund which by its Modus Operandi only exists to make money and take it back to its shareholders.
So what redeeming qualities can you pick out of our current situation to pat His on the back with then Chris??
I'm dying to know !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024