Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot of bother now........ 17:55 - Feb 4 with 33183 viewskropotkin41

16 games left and not a great selection of fixtures, starting next Saturday with Yorkshire's answer to Barcelona.

At first glance I reckon 15 more points............ last season that would have put us in 21st!!

A few more weeks of bad form - even with good play - and things will start to look properly bleak.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 09:13 - Feb 5 with 2867 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 08:58 - Feb 5 by traininvain

Really like Holloway but equally understand that it's very difficult to have a good second half to the season afte changing managers and overhauling the squad at the halfway point.

Trying to turn this into some kind of crusade against Holloway is just a poor attempt to stifle the discussion.

Rubbish, the Ollie haters can't wait to pounce.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Spot of bother now........ on 09:29 - Feb 5 with 2829 viewsdolcelatte

Spot of bother now........ on 09:13 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Rubbish, the Ollie haters can't wait to pounce.

Here's what I don't get. The Ollie police seem to have to crush anyone who dares criticises the man. Whilst we look better going forward, have more team spirit the "numbers" don't lie.

His track record in relegation scraps isn't great. Any other manager would be getting pelters on here if they'd only amassed 14 points from 14 games. We should be concerned.

I can see why people dig their heels in and rile against the Ollie police. It has sweet fa to do with their demeanour in life.

Less fun by the day...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Spot of bother now........ on 09:58 - Feb 5 with 2768 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 09:29 - Feb 5 by dolcelatte

Here's what I don't get. The Ollie police seem to have to crush anyone who dares criticises the man. Whilst we look better going forward, have more team spirit the "numbers" don't lie.

His track record in relegation scraps isn't great. Any other manager would be getting pelters on here if they'd only amassed 14 points from 14 games. We should be concerned.

I can see why people dig their heels in and rile against the Ollie police. It has sweet fa to do with their demeanour in life.

Less fun by the day...

I would say most people are concerned but also see some light that they were not seeing under JFH, it's true that results in terms of points have not been better but performances have been (Burton aside)

We are no longer rolling over like we did v NU and Brentford at home

Yes results could be better but to think they would have been better under JFH is delusional.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 10:00]

Spot of bother now........ on 10:06 - Feb 5 with 2745 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 09:58 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I would say most people are concerned but also see some light that they were not seeing under JFH, it's true that results in terms of points have not been better but performances have been (Burton aside)

Yes results could be better but to think they would have been better under JFH is delusional.

"...it's true that results in terms of points have not been better..."

They are worse. Go on, say it, W-O-R-S-E.

I bet you can't.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Spot of bother now........ on 10:24 - Feb 5 with 2683 viewsDejR_vu

Spot of bother now........ on 09:29 - Feb 5 by dolcelatte

Less fun by the day...

There are an awful lot of people on here who are simply not capable of rational discussion. They adopt a position and then lie in wait for someone who doesn't agree with them wholeheartedly so that they can come out and hysterically shout them down. Never any grey area with these people, you either agree with them or you're fair game.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Spot of bother now........ on 10:35 - Feb 5 with 2644 viewsDejR_vu

Spot of bother now........ on 10:06 - Feb 5 by isawqpratwcity

I bet you can't.

Or, maybe, results have been pretty poor under both perhaps??

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Spot of bother now........ on 10:35 - Feb 5 with 2640 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 10:06 - Feb 5 by isawqpratwcity

I bet you can't.

No I can't say that

Each game would have to be like for like and on that NU lost 6-0.. Draw 2-2 so an improvement would you not say.

A lot of dislike for JFH was not just about the results but how were were performing
Often people would say, I don't mind losing if we are trying to play better and we have been under Ollie.
Yesterday was more about bad luck than a bad performance.

They stole it like we did the play off, only we did score and the ref fecked up.

Nicked from Roller on another thread
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 10:52]

Spot of bother now........ on 10:44 - Feb 5 with 2622 viewsPunteR

Spot of bother now........ on 09:58 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

We lost again yesterday 2T2B. I think fans have every right to question Ollie's appointment and compare his results with JFH.
I think both managers have come to the club at a really difficult time. I think most managers would struggle here at the moment.
Yes the mood at games has lifted slightly since Ollie turned up,performances have improved with Mackie back and Manning stepping up but there's still loads more improvement to do. We still are looking over our shoulder at relegation.
I don't think anybody hates Ollie , but he's definitely been given a lot more slack than JFH .
Me personally am glad Ollies back. We've signed some good young players and I'm looking forward to seeing our club getting back on track. I want him to stay for next few seasons and get a bit of stability back which I think is the biggest thing missing from our club. Its also why I hate seeing managers sacked halfway through the season..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Spot of bother now........ on 10:44 - Feb 5 with 2617 viewslondonscottish

Spot of bother now........ on 20:27 - Feb 4 by queensparker

We'll be alright, having seen a few of them by now we're not playing like a relegation side at the moment and haven't been for the last 5/6 games (Burton aberration aside). And we look way better than the tail-end of the JFH era.

Keep the current level of effort up and we can start looking forward to next season

Important that the fans don't bottle it though and panic/boo/moan their way through the next few games - keep it positive with the kids like Furlong/Manning and the new signings and I think this side under Ollie will keep improving

Agree with that.

Things are on the up (just). But on the up.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Spot of bother now........ on 10:46 - Feb 5 with 2601 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 10:44 - Feb 5 by PunteR

We lost again yesterday 2T2B. I think fans have every right to question Ollie's appointment and compare his results with JFH.
I think both managers have come to the club at a really difficult time. I think most managers would struggle here at the moment.
Yes the mood at games has lifted slightly since Ollie turned up,performances have improved with Mackie back and Manning stepping up but there's still loads more improvement to do. We still are looking over our shoulder at relegation.
I don't think anybody hates Ollie , but he's definitely been given a lot more slack than JFH .
Me personally am glad Ollies back. We've signed some good young players and I'm looking forward to seeing our club getting back on track. I want him to stay for next few seasons and get a bit of stability back which I think is the biggest thing missing from our club. Its also why I hate seeing managers sacked halfway through the season..

See above.

Spot of bother now........ on 10:53 - Feb 5 with 2580 viewsDannytheR

Realistically, it's all feeling a lot dicier than it would have done with 3 points from Burton, which we decided we didn't need to bother with, and 3 points yesterday, which in the great moral league table are ours. It's enough to make you kick the dog and someone else's dog too, but these things happen - the Clint Hill ghost goal v Bolton felt like a final nail at the time, and we ended up surviving.

Clearly Holloway has given the place a lift — it's hard to imagine many other managers with a record of W4 D2 L9 still enjoying such goodwill among the fans. Burton aside, we look more positive and coherent on the pitch than we have for a long time, yes, games are no longer the trial by sideways passing and occasional competence they used to be, no, we don't deserve to go down.

But it doesn't always work out like that.

The team is very young, and actually none of us know how they might respond if with 6 games left they're stuck among a cluster of Wigans, Blackburns and Burtons at the bottom, all separated by only a couple of points.

Could be the making of them. Could be the ruin of us.

How anyone can have watched us over the last couple of months and claim to know with any certainty which is more likely is beyond me.
Spot of bother now........ on 10:56 - Feb 5 with 2563 viewswood_hoop

Spot of bother now........ on 10:24 - Feb 5 by DejR_vu

There are an awful lot of people on here who are simply not capable of rational discussion. They adopt a position and then lie in wait for someone who doesn't agree with them wholeheartedly so that they can come out and hysterically shout them down. Never any grey area with these people, you either agree with them or you're fair game.

IH very much caught between a rock and a hard place when he took over, not sure even he realised just how poor things were with some of the players attitudes and resiliance towards what just constitutes playing at this level.

He's had to use a few sticking plasters with the January signings and hope it is enough to stop the flow of waste seeping by the bucket load, you do need a portion of luck, he's had a mix of that so far, some of the new players brought in does it seem might just be able to turn things around, not so lucky with the refs decisions but then that will always be swings and roundabouts.

The players he is now relying on for the future do as a whole and on paper look as though they have the competitive edge that is so vital, but it is all conjecture at this time and he must be having a few sleepless nights worrying that time is not on his side in just how many games he has left to
get things in real motion.

Whatever manager we have will cause a degree of dispute amongst supporters, even if tearing up trees, thats just how football is, as bad as politics when it comes to just how many views can be voiced when its about our club, some will make others gnash their teeth, but as most will be due to just pure concern of the wellbeing of our club then turning the other cheek is a wise saying.
Spot of bother now........ on 11:00 - Feb 5 with 2545 views2Thomas2Bowles

Maybe it was TF turning up at the game that jinxed us.

Spot of bother now........ on 11:04 - Feb 5 with 2522 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 10:35 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No I can't say that

Each game would have to be like for like and on that NU lost 6-0.. Draw 2-2 so an improvement would you not say.

A lot of dislike for JFH was not just about the results but how were were performing
Often people would say, I don't mind losing if we are trying to play better and we have been under Ollie.
Yesterday was more about bad luck than a bad performance.

They stole it like we did the play off, only we did score and the ref fecked up.

Nicked from Roller on another thread
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 10:52]

Yes, come on, say it. "It's worse." You did say "it's true that results in terms of points have not been better", and that doesn't go into any bullshit about 'like for like', so come on...

Let me help you: Hasselbaink, 16 games, 20 points; Holloway, 14 games, 14 points...so which one has the worse record?

You can do it! Just admit the patently obvious fact! Say "Holloway's record is worse."

Look, I'll make it even easier for you. Say "Holloway's record is worse so far."

Can you do that?

Spot of bother now........ on 11:08 - Feb 5 with 2505 views2Thomas2Bowles

ok I'll say it when they have a panel for retrospective goals.
Like they do with fouls and we get the point we should have.

Spot of bother now........ on 11:10 - Feb 5 with 2497 viewsPunteR

Spot of bother now........ on 10:56 - Feb 5 by wood_hoop

IH very much caught between a rock and a hard place when he took over, not sure even he realised just how poor things were with some of the players attitudes and resiliance towards what just constitutes playing at this level.

He's had to use a few sticking plasters with the January signings and hope it is enough to stop the flow of waste seeping by the bucket load, you do need a portion of luck, he's had a mix of that so far, some of the new players brought in does it seem might just be able to turn things around, not so lucky with the refs decisions but then that will always be swings and roundabouts.

The players he is now relying on for the future do as a whole and on paper look as though they have the competitive edge that is so vital, but it is all conjecture at this time and he must be having a few sleepless nights worrying that time is not on his side in just how many games he has left to
get things in real motion.

Whatever manager we have will cause a degree of dispute amongst supporters, even if tearing up trees, thats just how football is, as bad as politics when it comes to just how many views can be voiced when its about our club, some will make others gnash their teeth, but as most will be due to just pure concern of the wellbeing of our club then turning the other cheek is a wise saying.

I dont think there was any problems with players attitudes until JFH got sacked and IH turned up.

Spot of bother now........ on 11:12 - Feb 5 with 2480 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 11:10 - Feb 5 by PunteR

I dont think there was any problems with players attitudes until JFH got sacked and IH turned up.

That's true, they were stealing a living and not giving a shite and getting away with it.

How has their attitude been lately
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 11:14]

Spot of bother now........ on 11:14 - Feb 5 with 2464 viewsPunteR

Spot of bother now........ on 11:12 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

That's true, they were stealing a living and not giving a shite and getting away with it.

How has their attitude been lately
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 11:14]

Who were?

Spot of bother now........ on 11:20 - Feb 5 with 2436 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 11:08 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

ok I'll say it when they have a panel for retrospective goals.
Like they do with fouls and we get the point we should have.

Nothing about retrospective goals.

You said "it's true that results in terms of points have not been better".

So cut the bullshit and and admit it.

You're not fooling anybody but yourself.

Say "It's worse."

Spot of bother now........ on 11:26 - Feb 5 with 2418 viewsderbyhoop

You could say that JFH got the sack for taking a mid table club to a mid table position. But, I think, it was, probably, more to do with the quality of football being played. Nobody can say, with any certainty, what the situation might be now, if he'd been retained.

Olly has come in, changed some players and the style of play, but without achieving the results. So far. I'm not convinced about all the changes but I do think we'll finish out of the bottom 3. One of the major pluses that Olly has had over JFH is the return of the puppy dog enthusiasm of Mackie, who was never available to JFH.

Our biggest issue this season has been our home form. We have to turn that around to make sure of safety, with Rotherham, Wigan, Cardiff and Forest all due to visit LR. Burton showed we can't afford to take any team lightly.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Spot of bother now........ on 11:34 - Feb 5 with 2392 viewsSnipper

FFS, everybody calm down. You'd think we were 6 points off safety, instead of 6 points clear of the relegation places.

We're playing better football now than we have all season. We have young hungry players who will put in a shift all game. We've definitely got enough about us to finish well clear of relegation.

Everybody should get behind Ian Holloway and the team. Great things can happen when there's unity.

Stop arguing with each other and get behind the team as one.
Spot of bother now........ on 11:39 - Feb 5 with 2365 viewsdaveB

Spot of bother now........ on 11:20 - Feb 5 by isawqpratwcity

Nothing about retrospective goals.

You said "it's true that results in terms of points have not been better".

So cut the bullshit and and admit it.

You're not fooling anybody but yourself.

Say "It's worse."

Look you might think it's worse and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but some of us disagree with you. That is ok, just move on rather than having a pop at anyone who disagrees with you.
Spot of bother now........ on 11:40 - Feb 5 with 2360 viewsqprphil

Whoever the manager was, or is now, or if we change again, they are doing one thing, trying to win as many points as possible. Things always seem to go against you when your near the bottom, it never seems like that when you can go out their and play with freedom when everything is safe as houses. For what it's worth, I think we will stay in this division this season, and next year we will be up there challenging for a return to the Premier League.
Spot of bother now........ on 11:43 - Feb 5 with 2351 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 11:39 - Feb 5 by daveB

Look you might think it's worse and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but some of us disagree with you. That is ok, just move on rather than having a pop at anyone who disagrees with you.

What he said

Spot of bother now........ on 11:59 - Feb 5 with 2296 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 11:39 - Feb 5 by daveB

I might "think it's worse"?!?!

I don't think it's worse, I KNOW it's worse!

Hasselbaink: 16 games, 20 points.
Holloway: 14 games, 14 points.

Which is worse? Come on, the answer is obvious, even to you two.

You are not fooling anybody.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024