Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hat-trick for Gomis 21:30 - Jan 27 with 6646 viewsgrfn

First goal really impressive, he is having amazing match in general
Hat-trick for Gomis on 19:34 - Jan 28 with 1754 viewsPrivate_Partz

I agree, and he is still playing ion the shoulder of the last man. Thing is he has got a midfield behind him who can read his runs and get the ball to him. He hasn't suddenly learned the offside rule. His goal scoring record previous to joining us showed that.
Guess it us too late for him to come back now although, if Borja goes, I would like to see what The Undertaker could do with him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Hat-trick for Gomis on 20:47 - Jan 29 with 1562 viewsStarsky

Hat-trick for Gomis on 17:47 - Jan 28 by Murph75

More than welcome.

Although you really need to stop worrying about things that in the grand scheme of things don't concern us.

Never really had you down for one for quibbling about semantics.

I'm sober now... you're still having a mare.
If you think that Gomis's performances good or bad won't affect his market value then ... I don't really know what to say...

It's just the internet, init.

Hat-trick for Gomis on 20:50 - Jan 29 with 1555 viewsMurph75

Hat-trick for Gomis on 20:47 - Jan 29 by Starsky

I'm sober now... you're still having a mare.
If you think that Gomis's performances good or bad won't affect his market value then ... I don't really know what to say...

Not sure where this having a mare thing is coming from? Are you referring to the fact I have a different opinion to yourself?
Hat-trick for Gomis on 20:54 - Jan 29 with 1545 viewsStarsky

Hat-trick for Gomis on 20:50 - Jan 29 by Murph75

Not sure where this having a mare thing is coming from? Are you referring to the fact I have a different opinion to yourself?

I've got a few threads on the go debating with you.
Yes you have your opinion and I'm leaving it there on all of them, lol

Hat-trick for Gomis on 21:25 - Jan 29 with 1518 viewsFlashberryjack

Hat-trick for Gomis on 20:54 - Jan 29 by Starsky

I've got a few threads on the go debating with you.
Yes you have your opinion and I'm leaving it there on all of them, lol

Wasting your time mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hat-trick for Gomis on 21:38 - Jan 29 with 1493 viewsMurph75

Hat-trick for Gomis on 21:25 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

Wasting your time mate.

Not at all. I merely pointed out a 31 year old player has a market value that's not really going to fluctuate either way due to performances.
Hat-trick for Gomis on 22:55 - Jan 29 with 1431 viewsnantywatcher

So the French League is shit is it? Do people on here feel we definitely have a better team than Marseilles.Really?
Hat-trick for Gomis on 23:37 - Jan 29 with 1393 viewsmajorraglan

Hat-trick for Gomis on 19:34 - Jan 28 by Private_Partz

I agree, and he is still playing ion the shoulder of the last man. Thing is he has got a midfield behind him who can read his runs and get the ball to him. He hasn't suddenly learned the offside rule. His goal scoring record previous to joining us showed that.
Guess it us too late for him to come back now although, if Borja goes, I would like to see what The Undertaker could do with him.

Agreed. Gomis is no Suarez, but he's not a bad player. He has a decent goal scoring record and it just didn't work out for him here. He plays a certain way and the club didn't have the players to make the most of his abilities. Nearly everyone on this board has passed comment on the lack of creativity and the slow build up /speed at which chances are created! Most if not all the strikers at the club have struggled at one point or another.

In terms of value, I would have thought the more he scores the higher his market value will be, a30 goal a season striker will cost more than a 3 goal a season striker!
Login to get fewer ads

Hat-trick for Gomis on 06:34 - Jan 30 with 1340 viewsDr_Winston

Hat-trick for Gomis on 23:37 - Jan 29 by majorraglan

Agreed. Gomis is no Suarez, but he's not a bad player. He has a decent goal scoring record and it just didn't work out for him here. He plays a certain way and the club didn't have the players to make the most of his abilities. Nearly everyone on this board has passed comment on the lack of creativity and the slow build up /speed at which chances are created! Most if not all the strikers at the club have struggled at one point or another.

In terms of value, I would have thought the more he scores the higher his market value will be, a30 goal a season striker will cost more than a 3 goal a season striker!

Sense and logic. A rarity on the subject.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hat-trick for Gomis on 07:03 - Jan 30 with 1319 viewsNOTRAC

I would have thought that there is very little incentive for Gomis wanting to move .He is on contract here until June 2018, on a reported £4m per year(£2m per year wages plus £2m per year original signing on fee repayment as a free agent.)
Marseille have him on loan contract for the whole of this season .Although they apparently pay his wages in full ,we are still paying the £2m per year signing on fee repayment.
He will be almost 33 when his contract expires in June 2018.
He obviously will continue to want his £4m next year. We will be looking for the best loan deal to reduce those costs.
In other words who is going to pay a transfer fee plus £4m per year wages for a player whose age means that value wise he is depreciating fast.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 7:10]

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Hat-trick for Gomis on 07:46 - Jan 30 with 1275 viewsMurph75

Hat-trick for Gomis on 22:55 - Jan 29 by nantywatcher

So the French League is shit is it? Do people on here feel we definitely have a better team than Marseilles.Really?

Do you think our squad is better than Celtics?
Hat-trick for Gomis on 22:37 - Jan 30 with 1120 viewsStarsky

Hat-trick for Gomis on 07:46 - Jan 30 by Murph75

Do you think our squad is better than Celtics?

Absolutely
One of their top players is Scott Sinclair and they signed a 36 year old DeVries.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 22:41]

Hat-trick for Gomis on 07:50 - Jan 31 with 1060 viewsMurph75

Hat-trick for Gomis on 22:37 - Jan 30 by Starsky

Absolutely
One of their top players is Scott Sinclair and they signed a 36 year old DeVries.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 22:41]

I beg to differ.

Doris is back up to Gordon. Also a goal keeper generally tends to peak a lot later than most outfield players. His age is a little irrelevant.

Sinclair has hit a purple patch playing for a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. As for being their best player, I'd give that accolade to the young lad up front Dembele who's being courted by Chelsea as is their keeper.

If we played Celtice 10 times they'd probably beat us on 9 occasions.
Hat-trick for Gomis on 07:54 - Jan 31 with 1053 viewsDr_Winston

Hat-trick for Gomis on 07:50 - Jan 31 by Murph75

I beg to differ.

Doris is back up to Gordon. Also a goal keeper generally tends to peak a lot later than most outfield players. His age is a little irrelevant.

Sinclair has hit a purple patch playing for a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. As for being their best player, I'd give that accolade to the young lad up front Dembele who's being courted by Chelsea as is their keeper.

If we played Celtice 10 times they'd probably beat us on 9 occasions.

Disagree there Murph.

Celtic aren't as bad as many make out but there's no way they'd beat us nine out of ten. Maybe if Bobbley was still at the helm they would have but not now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024